Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DTT/SAT Combo Boxes List 2009

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

Im using a technomate 7100hd with a 500 Gb video server Harddisk added to save the recordings to. I get perfect DTT from Mullaghnish? and all the astra Fta channels. A fine box, but as its my first i have nothing to compare for ease of use etc.
    Still think i have some setup issues as, I beleive with my current settings i cant watch some channels while recording others. Its a triple tuner, with two sat inputs and one DTT so in theory i can watch one FTA, record another FTA and DTT too, but gotta look into this more, only have the box running for a few weeks now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 buragoed

I've a budget of around €200 for a HD combo box, PVR functionality isn't that important but an added bonus. My biggest concern is buying a model that is future proof. This is the model I'm thinking about: http://www.saortv.com/shop/Digital-TV-Receivers/Combo/Edision-Argus-VIP2-Dual-Tuner-HD-Receiver/prod_75.html

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭zbluebirdz

BugBlaster wrote: »
    Im using a technomate 7100hd with a 500 Gb video server Harddisk added to save the recordings to. I get perfect DTT from Mullaghnish? and all the astra Fta channels. A fine box, but as its my first i have nothing to compare for ease of use etc.
    Still think i have some setup issues as, I beleive with my current settings i cant watch some channels while recording others. Its a triple tuner, with two sat inputs and one DTT so in theory i can watch one FTA, record another FTA and DTT too, but gotta look into this more, only have the box running for a few weeks now

Questions:
    1) Are you using a multi feed LNB?
    2) Are you feeding two separate satellite feeds into the receiver? (ie two separate cables from the dish, or two inputs from dish combined/decombined)

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭marclt

Thanks to STB a new list has been compiled - which I have made a sticky - you'll see it at the top of the page.

Advertisement