Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs that pay way too much for the work done

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

You'd think so...but I'd doubt it. What good would a night club be without a DJ?

Tolerable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

ClioV6 wrote: »
    ah those rates will be coming down soon enough.

hear hear! clio, was expecting you to have put down DJ ages ago. i also agree we get paid too much (for normal bar nights anyway), but im not complaining while it lasts.

abouttobebanned, know of any gigs going? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

The Financial Regulator
    Religion\PE Teachers
    Electricians\ Brickies
    The two blokes who hold up the Stop\Go signs when there doing road works

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

I'm sorry but you sound like every other med student snob who believes truly that they are worth every penny of what they will earn. The consultants are greedy, they have negotiated a sweetheart deal with the Gov which first and foremost is about their personal enrichment and nothing else.

Taxpayers don't pay footballers wages, its obscene the public/private relationship in this country and the way its led to a 2 tier health system wit hall the negative effects that leads to, as said already the health system in this country is first and foremost about enriching those with their fingers in the pie.

Im not a student, the seven years studying were sufficient for me to qualify, though for others it does take up 12plus for others, nor am I a doctor. So you got that quite wrong.

But I like what you are implying, lets not pay the public workers and have all the best qualified getting paid full time by the private clinics. Then we can have the lesser doctors and pay them less. Then when a doctor is good enough, let him move on again. We will have crap consultants but at least the taxpayers wont be coughing up, just like the footballers. Ay?

what you sound is someone very bitter and unsatisfied so give out about others. Instead of trying to reduce others, how about if you are not happy with your wages you try and better yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Compak wrote: »
    Im not a student, the seven years studying were sufficient for me to qualify, though for others it does take up 12plus for others, nor am I a doctor. So you got that quite wrong.

But I like what you are implying, lets not pay the public workers and have all the best qualified getting paid full time by the private clinics. Then we can have the lesser doctors and pay them less. Then when a doctor is good enough, let him move on again. We will have crap consultants but at least the taxpayers wont be coughing up, just like the footballers. Ay?

what you sound is someone very bitter and unsatisfied so give out about others. Instead of trying to reduce others, how about if you are not happy with your wages you try and better yourself.

Did you get your degree in being a condescending retard? because clearly if you think the way the health system is is ok and doesn't need reform then you obviously live in cloud cuckoo land.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Someone change the thread title to "ITT we (the begrudgers) list the jobs we wish we could get."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

galwayrush wrote: »
    The board of directors from Anglo Irish.:rolleyes:
    Infact the board of directors of any fecken bank. look at the mess they got us into..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

impr0v wrote: »
    Someone change the thread title to "ITT we (the begrudgers) list the jobs we wish we could get."

Cant say I ever wanted to work on a building site or as a public servant

Eglinton wrote: »

Pharmacists - Shopkeepers with an attitude

I think you're getting confused between pharmacists and the pharmacy assistants!

Pharmacists study hard and have to hold a degree in pharmacy to be allowed to do what they do, they are most certainly not "shopkeepers with attitude" they know every medicine that they sell, what it can do, what it can't, what it can and can't be taken with, whether you should drive while taking it, they know more about the medicines than the doctor who writes your prescription does!!

On the other hand, the girl behind the counter who tells you how much your bill comes to is just a shop keeper - however, even these sometimes do a fas course or similar to get this job.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

kowloon wrote: »
    A certain footballer may be getting paid a lot more than he's worth soon enough.
    They all get paid too much.
    Fair enough, it's not the footballers themselves who are fully at fault.
    You have the greedy club owners who sell extremely overpriced tickets and make collossal money from advertising, merchandising, ticket scalping, endorsement deals and so forth.
    Footballers do not deserve the amount of money they are paid, but it's the fans who keep buying the expensive crap, so it will continue that way.

Mont wrote: »
    Bricklayers/tilers etc.

Braindeads who were simply overcharging for way too long - i for one am glad that the property bubble has burst, now they can go back to learning how to read
    Yeah, none of us can read.
    Ever heard of negotiating a price or shopping around?
    If you want a proper job done, then you pay for it. If you want cheap work, then expect a half arsed job.
    Or you could do it yourself with B&Q or Woodies tools. Best of luck with that one.

Compak wrote: »

Infracted.

Did you get your degree in being a condescending retard? because clearly if you think the way the health system is is ok and doesn't need reform then you obviously live in cloud cuckoo land.

Banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭321654

The Moderators of boards.ie get paid way too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

panel beaters and sprayers 6>700 euro for few scratches taken out of a quarter panel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 tiger325

to play a sport you love and would gladly do without getting paid

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

From what has gone before the answer seems to be "someone else's job...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

Soccer players are WELL overpayd!
    100,000 pounds a week for kicking a ball!!lmao!!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Húrin wrote: »
    Remember that the work involves less skill than working in a bar, and yet still earns more money. Totally unjustified.

Seems broadly similar skill levels to me.

Doesn't seem to be too much skill in evidence in a lot of Irish bars..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Zoo workers. For instance, I'd work for free at the Big Cat enclosure in a Zoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Lock smiths! Had to call one out the other day as i locked my self out. Literally 2 minutes, popped the lock in and bang. Bill for €80.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Dentists!

It's a skilled profession and they deserve good wages if they are good at their job. And I'm not going to compare thier prices to somewhere like Hungary or some other destination.

But how are they 2-3 times more expensive then in Northern Ireland for some procedures? Basing this on the many threads I've read around here.
    Ok, insurance is a factor but I realy doubt our dentists the most skilled in Europe.

Oh, I'm not aimlessly comparing prices between countries, but realy 200% deserves some answers :eek:
    Gotta pay for all those investment properties I suppose.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

train drivers get that much! how do i become one of them!
    this country is a ****in joke!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

train drivers get that much! how do i become one of them!

You need "pull". Have you train drivers in your family going back three generations?
    Oops, no job for you so

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Zoo workers. For instance, I'd work for free at the Big Cat enclosure in a Zoo.
    Who said there was no such thing as a "free lunch?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Who said there was no such thing as a "free lunch?"

The unfortunate slices of meat in a sandwiche that were once an animal.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

:rolleyes:, do unemployed people not pay tax when they buy food or when they pay bills ?

do unemployed people not pay tax when they buy them selves a drink ? thats the most dumb ass responce ive ever read ....:rolleyes:

Aww the poor long term unemployed (as in those who haven't worked in years and have no intention of working) having to pay tax on stuff they buy, it's an outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

:rolleyes:, do unemployed people not pay tax when they buy food or when they pay bills ?

do unemployed people not pay tax when they buy them selves a drink ? thats the most dumb ass responce ive ever read ....:rolleyes:

You don't pay tax on food.

Dumb ass response indeed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

We all get paid waaaaaay to much :rolleyes:

This is a typical Irish begrudging thread. Some of the posts are just pure nonsense. Grow up people.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

As I always say, the working conditions of most jobs aren't a secret, and most jobs are open to most people if they are willing to work for them.

If you want to get paid loads to do little, then try to get into the profession you have complained about here. No one is stopping you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

S.L.F wrote: »
    You don't pay tax on food.

The T in V.A.T. actually stands for teddybear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

colsku wrote: »
    Long-term unemployed people should not have the right to buy food or drink. They should be dumped in the Irish sea because they add absolutely no value to society. Scum! :)

There speaketh the death throes of the Celtic Tiger!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

starn wrote: »
    The Financial Regulator
    Religion\PE Teachers
    Electricians\ Brickies
    The two blokes who hold up the Stop\Go signs when there doing road works

How much do you think they are on? Hard to pay someone less than minimum wage no matter how handy the job!

Advertisement