Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Just had a bit of A Perfect Circle on the radio, made my day :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Links234 wrote: »
    Results night? Oh dear, that's reminded me to hide under a rock :eek:
    I'm glad I'm still out in the countryside for now :pac: Little sister got her results today, I think she's heading to a friend's house.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Jaysus, APC, that takes me back. Specifically to holidays in France where it was the only CD I had my parents would let me put on in the car. I think my brother eventually convinced them around to System of a Down too, although that might be a later holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Thirteenth Step is on of mt favorite albums of all time, I'd say. It's in the top...50 anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I only listened to Mer de Noms.

• Advertisement

Love 13th step as well, Mer de Noms is a cracker too

I hardly ever listen to the eMOTOVE album, but that track Passive is fantastic.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I think you've just decided for me what I'm going to listen to on my run later :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I prefered Mer de Noms myself, played it nearly exhaustively, but still give it a listen every now and again :D

I'd actually prefer APC to Tool

Grayditch wrote: »
    I hardly ever listen to the eMOTOVE album, but that track Passive is fantastic.

Passive is possibly my favourite track by them, love it. Rest of the album is very forgettable though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Looking at getting a few new t-shirts for the Christmas time, this may be the closest I'll come to enjoying clothes shopping :pac:

I love that Kiss cover done by Shandi's Addiction (Tom Morello and Brad Wilks of RTAM, Maynard of Tool, and Billy Gould of FNM). All huge Kiss fans apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

What track did they play? 3 Libras?

Maye83 wrote: »
    What track did they play? 3 Libras?

Judith

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Bloody hell, I'm at 98.2% game completion in Watch_Dogs, but there's this alcohol drinking mini game that'll probably prove too frustratingly difficult to finish :mad:.

Bollocks, a band I love is splitting up soon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Who?

The Rotted, death metal band from England. Got to see them twice up in Dubbyland, and got one of my tickets signed by the band. Loved their work, so I'm gutted about it.

Ah that sucks :(

Cooking a gigantic pot of curry today :D what is everyone else at?

What curry?

I'm all about the questions today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Have the day off work tomorrow, so I'm going brewing and then going for a few drinks with a friend of mine whose visiting from aboard. Should be a good day.

HOLY CRAP IT'S NIC CAGE! :eek:

I loved you in that movie when you acted all crazy and ****!

I cooked a Japanese curry, which is a bit different to your Indian or Thai curries, in that it's more like a stew. I actually tend to prefer Indian, but since I started doing the Japanese style ones, they ****ing go nuts for it in this house and ask for all the time. So I just cook up a huge pot that'll do for a couple of days. So to start with, you need this:

SB_goldencurrymidhot021.jpg

Any general asian foodmarket will have it in stock. What's the difference? Japanese curry is kinda sweeter, and milder, but super tasty.

What I generally do is get about some diced beef, so today I went to Lidl and got 2 x 400g packets, they always seem to have really lean beef there. Toss it in a huge pot, pinch of salt, and pour some cold water in. Emphasis on the cold! I've got an electric hob, so turned it on to 3, enough heat for it to start simmering but you don't want it to boil because that'll make the meat tough. If you start out with cold water, and then just bring a little bit of heat up, just cook it slowly, the beef will just melt in your mouth once it's done! I think this is why everyone seems to love it when I cook this curry, the beef is really nice and tender. It's going to be simmering away for oh about two and a half hours in total. :)

Once the meat looks cooked, or maybe around the hour mark, start putting in your veg. Some onion and carrots first, then mushrooms, and then some baby potatoes that are halved or quartered. You don't want to put the potatoes in too early as you want them to stay firm. Last I'll pop in some bell peppers, these go in near the end, as you don't want them to turn mushy. Also, a teeny bit of soy sauce, I use 1-2 table spoons. Then, pop your golden curry mix in! Up until that point, it's pretty much the same as cooking a stew, but once you plonk your stock in, it'll start to really thicken up and resemble a serious curry! Give it another 20-ish minutes and keep stirring every few mins, and it'll be done. Some proper Japanese rice then just completes the whole thing :D I have a rice cooker, but you don't really need one.

And that's it! Girlfriend, housemate, guests, all go back for second and sometimes third helpings, even myself :pac:

I don't make curry often because about a year ago, I overdid it trying to do every type of curry I could. Somebody in the cooking club created some great recipes for the Indian restaurant curries and showed how to efficiently make large quantities, which I did. Atemost of it myself.

Those curry cubes look familiar. A Japanese friend of mine might have cooked something similar, but it was with carrots, peas and potatoes. Like you said, completely different to Indian/Thai, but still delicious. I wouldn't make it though as I get a kick out of preparing curries from absolute scratch.

My friend uses Japanese rice exclusively and it is awesome, but swears that Thai rice is the best but is difficult to find in Dublin. Have you tried it?

Links234 wrote: »
    HOLY CRAP IT'S NIC CAGE! :eek:

I loved you in that movie when you acted all crazy and ****!
    Nic Cage losing his sh*t is one of my favourite videos.

I wouldn't make it though as I get a kick out of preparing curries from absolute scratch.

I know the feeling, and that's something I'd like to do more of, but for some things you're gonna need stocks and bases and the like.
    My friend uses Japanese rice exclusively and it is awesome, but swears that Thai rice is the best but is difficult to find in Dublin. Have you tried it?

No, I have not. Is it the same as the jasmine rice you'd get in a lot of Thai restaurants, or something more specific?

It really seems like it's my day around here, doesn't it? :pac:

How so?

Oh I dunno, maybe it's the thread about Japanese Rock and Metal ? :pac:

...weeaboo :P

• Advertisement

...says the pokeymans mod! :pac:

Advertisement