Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, but that's the only Nintendo thing I really care about :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Ah who am I kidding, I am ever so slighty obsessed :pac: just slighty though ;)

Hey ;) What everyone at this weekend? A friend is moving away, so we were out for a few last night, and then went to get donuts in the market this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Donuts, eh? Sounds tasty :cool:.

The new sportsball season kicks off today, be watching that mostly while sipping a few beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I am in Birmingham until Monday :). Been here since Thursday and have had many a cocktail in many a bar :pac:. Tonight is the main night though, dont expect I'll be able to function tomorrow but theres an off license and then a Dominos next door so think I'll cope :P

• Advertisement

Any cool or interesting shops over there Reiketsu?

Not from what I have seen to be honest. Even the people from here say the same. There are A LOT of designer clothing shops for those who like that thing though. Its a brilliant place for food and going out though!

Ah that's a bit of a pity, I do like looking around interesting shops while abroad, anything music related, comic book places, stuff like that. Had a really fun time when I was in London last time and we were hanging around some music shops in Denmark Street playing guitars

but enjoying good food is always awesome! what have you had while there?

I had the most amazing burger ever on Friday. Burger, pulled pork, cheese and onion rings. I tend to like simple food done well but I haven't had one even mediocre meal since I arrived. Even my drunken burger from the burger van last night was great (I really like burgers) :D.

Kinda hungover today as we were out until 6am so I'm ready to eat alllllll the food!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Great image. Megadeth's Dave Mustaine with BABYMETAL at Summersonic Osaka, Japan

This thread is for general chat and not for spamming news of your favourite band without any context.

• Advertisement

Reiketsu wrote: »
    I had the most amazing burger ever on Friday. Burger, pulled pork, cheese and onion rings. I tend to like simple food done well but I haven't had one even mediocre meal since I arrived. Even my drunken burger from the burger van last night was great (I really like burgers) :D.

Kinda hungover today as we were out until 6am so I'm ready to eat alllllll the food!

Jealous! I just had frozen pizza :pac: wasn't feeling up to cooking anything

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I made diet coke chicken, which is lovely, and low fat :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I made diet coke chicken, which is lovely, and low fat :pac:

Since I'm vegetarian, I had Club Zero Raspberry flavored Quorn Chicken with a bagel :o:D

So what donuts and pizza flavors was had?

Going on holiday in two weeks, am on a "no carbs before marbs" type diet :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Since I'm vegetarian, I had Club Zero Raspberry flavored Quorn Chicken with a bagel :o:D

How does that taste? I've seen recipes for fanta chicken but I'm not mad on overly fruity sauces, apart from fruity curries.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Morning folks ;)

Watched the first Mardock Scramble last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Deafheaven in Galway tonight, wooot!

I saw the posters in the Roisin and checked them out ;) Enjoy!

I'm not able to go, feeling ****ed today, just exhausted right off the bat :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Catching them in Dublin tomorrow :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Links234 wrote: »
    Morning folks ;)

Watched the first Mardock Scramble last night.

That looks cool, is it cool?

That looks cool, is it cool?

Actually better than I expected, the trailer looks all out action, but there's a lot more to the story than that. The main character is a prostitute who's been murdered, and then brought back to life to testify against the man who killed her. Supposedly she needs to give consent to be brought back to life, and they got this by scanning her subconscious, but she questions this 'consent' and it raises some uncomfortable moral questions. I won't say too much about it just that it surprised me.

Might watch part 2 tonight if I'm up to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh that sounds better than it looked heh, thanks

I always think Anime is great for good sci-fi and fantasy stories, Ghost in the Shell, Steins;gate, Paprika, stuff like that is incredible ;)

Oh, check this out! A friend brought me a gift from Japan:

vermontcurry1-amakuchi-j.jpg

You'd swear she thought I liked Japanese curry or something? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Links234 wrote: »
    Oh, check this out! A friend brought me a gift from Japan:

vermontcurry1-amakuchi-j.jpg

You'd swear she thought I liked Japanese curry or something? :pac:

Check what out, Links?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Is that apple curry?

Apple and honey, I can't wait to try it :D might make it at the weekend

How's all this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Suppose it'd be rude of me not to pop my head in here and stop lurking. How's all?

Welcome along P_1 ;)

just doing a teeny bit of study at the mo, might play some games in a while, but that's about it really. How about you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Ah just relaxing browsing the usual sites with some Dream Theater on in the background. Might take the mutt out for a stroll in a bit but I'm wary of him jumping on top of me

Advertisement