Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mess

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

^^^^ Yawr!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

roughly how soon do you think would be feasble Larianne?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Larianne wrote: »
    Emm...I posted that ages ago? :rolleyes:

:pac:

See? Great minds eventually come to the same conclusions...;)
    Now, we need dates peoples :)

Friday or saturday week

After checking my hectic social calendar and noticing the absence of Dr Who on both nights, either is good for me :)

• Advertisement

right so I'll get onto it tomorrow so or today, depending on what time it is now and what time I get up!

This the weekend of the 24th?

I maybe climbing Croagh Patrick on the Saturday but could be back from Mayo by nightfall, wrecked!

Maybe put up a few dates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭allsaintssue

Grrrrrrr....I know I haven't been on ages but things have been crazy!! Got my GAMSAT score and was happy enough, going to give it another go in March to try and get RCSI, but my socre may suffice for the UK. Ive been trying to do as much work experience as possible, to show I'm doing work experience off my own bat and not just depending on nursing, I've also been writing for the student lancets website...Sometimes my own geekiness scares me:eek:
    Am happy to be back on the boards but am in mighty bad form at this moment in time....boys are stupid:mad:....Present company excluded...obviously!
    Hope everyone on the boards is well:D

Grrrrrrr....I know I haven't been on ages but things have been crazy!! Got my GAMSAT score and was happy enough, going to give it another go in March to try and get RCSI, but my socre may suffice for the UK. Ive been trying to do as much work experience as possible, to show I'm doing work experience off my own bat and not just depending on nursing, I've also been writing for the student lancets website...Sometimes my own geekiness scares me:eek:
    Am happy to be back on the boards but am in mighty bad form at this moment in time....boys are stupid:mad:....Present company excluded...obviously!
    Hope everyone on the boards is well:D

Come to the beers (when we get organised :o) Beers makes it better:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭allsaintssue

Ha, ok, I shall endeavour to be there, seeing as I have been awfully antisocial and not attended any of these!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Beers in Cork?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,680 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i can occasionally do that..

bleg wrote: »
    Beers in Cork?

Stay in your house?

sure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

A little bit of self-promotion, I hope nobody minds! As a semi-regular poster some of ye might know the name so it'd be great if you could vote for us in a competition!

http://www.confetti.ie/view.aspx?p=1301

So, any thoughts on when is good for the Beers? End of August/start of Sept??

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Biologic

It doesn't quite justify a thread, but why are the Chilean miners being vaccinated against flu? Cholera etc. I can understand but I would have thought they were the least likely people to get flu. The only reason I can think of is if one of them was latently infected although I didn't think flu was into that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Biologic wrote: »
    It doesn't quite justify a thread, but why are the Chilean miners being vaccinated against flu? Cholera etc. I can understand but I would have thought they were the least likely people to get flu. The only reason I can think of is if one of them was latently infected although I didn't think flu was into that sort of thing.

I guess there's a couple of possible explanations:

1) Enclosed spaces, so greater degree of transmission of viral illness by droplet transfer
    2)Immunocompromise - it's hot, their diet may not be upto scratch and they're not getting any sunlight, so if they do get sick it could be worse news than usual
    3) If one of them gets sick, it's gonna be a bit harder to give medications (not sure if they've got IV cannulation skills for fluids for example, but I guess if an intern can learn this without having done it before, anyone can be taught)
    4) And most likely, the NWO has probably arranged for them to get flu shots (aka mind control medications) given their strong physique, so that when they kill everyone on the planet in a nuclear holocaust and the miners emerge, they will prove useful as enforcers to control any underlings that may have escaped death in the aforementioned nuclear event.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Biologic

All understandable. But if flu isn't down there now, surely it's not going to get down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Vorsprung wrote: »
    4) And most likely, the NWO has probably arranged for them to get flu shots (aka mind control medications) given their strong physique, so that when they kill everyone on the planet in a nuclear holocaust and the miners emerge, they will prove useful as enforcers to control any underlings that may have escaped death in the aforementioned nuclear event.

:D

Newsflash:
    Vorsprung is Jim Corr!

• Advertisement

Just heard Maurice Nelligan has passed away. He was one of the truely great Dr's I've ever had the privledge to meet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Came across this :)

cLwHw4.png

Official forum image?

945.jpg

Special Report: Living in Denial

Haven't gotten a chance to read this yet but looking forward to it!

http://www.newscientist.com/special/living-in-denial

Edit: You need a NS account btw...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

9 hours in a waiting room in A&E. Oof. And things are going to get worse?

A Neurotic wrote: »
    9 hours in a waiting room in A&E. Oof. And things are going to get worse?

As someone who wants to home and do ED, that genuinely makes me sad.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,680 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

bleg wrote: »
    Special Report: Living in Denial

Haven't gotten a chance to read this yet but looking forward to it!

http://www.newscientist.com/special/living-in-denial

Edit: You need a NS account btw...
    unless you go back in time, or have the issue to hand (i may have the hardcopy somewhere)
    but yeah, it was very very interesting :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

RobFowl wrote: »

I think the colour suits her. But I absolutely disagree with the method of protest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Just got the nicest compliments from a patient while taking their history.
    Spurred me right on to do a bit more study. :D

Advertisement