Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

my grandmothers friend used to dry out teabags to re-use them. seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I would well believe it. It was a very common practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

cant mention any names here, so be patient..

good mate of mine has the scabbiest mate ever (ex-room mates).. the scabby lad now lives in scotland and his only holiday is, once a year he heads over to stay in my mates gaff for a week, invite or no invite.

During one of these weeks, four/five years back, myself and the bird were having a house-warming/engagement party. I asked my mates and of course scabby lad has to come.. empty handed..

Not only did he eat/drink me out of house and home, when he was leaving he put the head on my bird!!

My poor mate is still apologizing about it..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

They put far too much tea leaves in those tea bags..

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭thebigleap

WIZE wrote: »
    I dont know her and you made me hate her too . What a bitch

She's sort of a legend for the stunts she's pulled over the years.
    Bitch is a bit tame actually...thankfully I haven't talked to her for almost a decade though I still hear about her from time to time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

A taxi driver bringing his son to the airport and sticking the meter on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

peatcass wrote: »
    cant mention any names here, so be patient..

good mate of mine has the scabbiest mate ever (ex-room mates).. the scabby lad now lives in scotland and his only holiday is, once a year he heads over to stay in my mates gaff for a week, invite or no invite.

During one of these weeks, four/five years back, myself and the bird were having a house-warming/engagement party. I asked my mates and of course scabby lad has to come.. empty handed..

Not only did he eat/drink me out of house and home, when he was leaving he put the head on my bird!!

My poor mate is still apologizing about it..

Father Stone????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Has anybody looked at the tags at the end of the page. Some are hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

What does this mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I have my 2 year old fully trained in the art of locating and collecting change that has fallen to the ground by careless people. Yesterday, I made 15 cent while shopping due to her eagle eyed fiscal detections in the shop around the till. It saves me from bending down to collect and nobody thinks any worse of me, actually all the old dears say “Ah look isn’t that cute”.

I'm picturing you as Fagan from Oliver

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Trashbat wrote: »
    What does this mean?

I presume it means the guy made a move on the posters girlfriend?? but I was wondering too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Had my fianceés birthday back in june and invited everyone one of our friends along,

Everyone brought something be it food or drink. One guy who doesn't drink said i didnt bring anything cause i don't drink, Sat down at the table and ate pretty much double what everyone else was eating, then went up for a lie down in the bed cause the sun and humidity was getting to him. His bf brought a bottle of rum, for himself got very drunk and started asking my fiancees friends will they have sex with him.

Other than those two it was a good day and night :D

Trashbat wrote: »
    What does this mean?
    Merch wrote: »
    I presume it means the guy made a move on the posters girlfriend?? but I was wondering too

I was a little too tipsy to show people to the door, so my fiancé was saying goodnight and thanks for coming, when, yes, scabby lad made his move.. she shoved him off with a laugh..
    (i was told all this the next day by the lads who witnessed it.. Fiancé (wife now) has never mentioned it..)

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

I worked for a software company in London about ten years ago. One night after a company meeting (session) this sales guy asked if he could share my taxi home, his place was "2 mins out of the way", he proceeds to tell me on the trip how he has gotten £180,000 bonus this month (he had closed a huge deal).

Turns out his place is the opposite direction to mine, my usual £20 taxi fare is showing £45 on the meter when we go to drop him off and he goes "you'll get this ya" and jumps out. Cost me £70 :mad::mad: to get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭estadio

Well i went to a social gathering 2 years ago. A friend of mine used the free refill from pizza hut to quench his thirst, his sister's thirst and his moms. To make it worse he used another refill when we went to the Cinema. I feel sorry for Pizza Hut.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Went to my brother's wedding in Paris a couple of years ago. The night we all went out for a few drinks and ended up sitting outside a pub. There were about 25 of us. This meant we got our drinks served to us at the table outside and I think it cost about 20c extra per drink for the service. At one stage, the barman came out and asked if everything was ok because one of the wedding guests was sitting alone at the bar inside the pub. The guest was my stingy uncle and when asked what the problem was he said that there was no way he was paying an extra 20c to sit outside so decided to drink inside on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

A few years back my wife was on a trip with some friends.
    She unluckily lost her bag and need to make a phonecall.
    She was walking over to a phone when one of the guys goes 'Here use my phone'.
    My wife goes 'Ah you're ok the payphone will probably work out cheaper than a mobile call'.
    He goes 'No sure it's a work phone! Work pay for it!'
    So she made the phone call.

A week or two later he calls her up to say would she mind sending a cheque for the phone call.
    My wife didn't even bother arguing.

Guys i used to live with went to a family wedding,

They went on a thursday to the guys parents to stay with them, brought their ps3 with them for the two days.

Thursday played it all night was getting Facebook updates.
    Friday i saw they where online up till about 7pm

When they came back saturday me and the OH were out and so it was the following day we where talking to them.

They had not bothered going to the main Ceromony at all,

They had then just gone to the afters,

Then gotten there dinner and walked out before the Speeches,
    The guy who was invited didn't speak with the cousin who had gotten married
    Didn't bring a card or a gift.
    They just went for the free food and left.

The reason, Oh i don't believe in that religion and don't like small talk.

It takes a lot to disgust me but that was the height of rudeness and ignorance.

you know those diarys you get from suppliers around the end of the year?

Years back, i got one off my uncle for my birthday... :o

in May..:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

My girlfriend and I were once invited to a BBQ thrown by a (not too close) friend of mine.

We brought a bottle of wine and a few other things.

We ate about 2 burgers and one hot dog between us, and I had one beer from a keg they ordered.

Then the guy and his a**hole friends start complaining that nobody has "paid" them yet. Apparently they bought the food and booze with the intention of charging everyone E10 and presumably making a profit. :eek:

To my mortal shame I gave him the money instead of a kick in the hole, out of embarrassment. :mad:

I'm still pretty angry with myself for not telling him go f**k himself.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Never thought this would still be going 21 months later! There are some mean, mean people out there but at least they give us a laugh at the same time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Never thought this would still be going 21 months later! There are some mean, mean people out there but at least they give us a laugh at the same time :D

Yeah, and it's all your fault!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Best thread on boards in fairness. I read it from start to finish months ago and have been following any updates since! :)

I cant believe some of the crap some people have pulled in some of them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

allanb49 wrote: »
    They had not bothered going to the main Ceromony at all,

They had then just gone to the afters,

allanb49 wrote: »
    Then gotten there dinner and walked out before the Speeches.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

A guy I work with kept a calendar from 2004 so that he could use it in 2010 once the days and dates matched again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

I invited a friend, her husband and their 2 children to dinner at my house. I pushed the boat out and spent a fair bit on it but didn't mind. They turned up with 8 cans of beer, ate and drank everything on offer and when they were going they took 6 of their cans of beer home with them.

Just over 15 years ago my waters went in the middle of a very well known multi-national baby shop, they couldn't get me out of the place quick enough but still charged me the £1 odd for the maternity pads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

deisemum wrote: »
    I invited a friend, her husband and their 2 children to dinner at my house. I pushed the boat out and spent a fair bit on it but didn't mind. They turned up with 8 cans of beer, ate and drank everything on offer and when they were going they took 6 of their cans of beer home with them..

Haha, I had a cousin who was like this...she would show up at family BBQs with her own six-pack, drink at least 4 and take the other two home with her. At some point, she would disappear to go to the store, where she would buy herself a bag of Doritos that she would then eat straight out the bag without sharing. When it was time to go, she would fix herself at least two giant plates of food to take home.

If, god forbid, she had to spend money to go out, she would always insist that we go to an all-you-can-eat buffet, where she would sneak in Tupperware to fill up and take home with her. Her other favorite thing to do was to go to restaurants that give you unlimited bread or biscuits, and fill a plastic bag in her purse with them. Her poor daughter nearly died of shame every time they went out to eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

I was a little too tipsy to show people to the door, so my fiancé was saying goodnight and thanks for coming, when, yes, scabby lad made his move.. she shoved him off with a laugh..
    (i was told all this the next day by the lads who witnessed it.. Fiancé (wife now) has never mentioned it..)

Ah to "PUT THE HEAD ON" why didn't you say so

:confused:

Why confused?

No gift for the bride and groom,
    They didn't go to the church to see the cousin get married,
    Just went for food, didn't say thank you or stay for the speeches of the relatives.
    Didn't talk to anyone.

Definition of scabby and rudeness if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

A guy I work with kept a calendar from 2004 so that he could use it in 2010 once the days and dates matched again

That wouldn't work though. 2004 was a leap year and this year isn't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement