Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

AAAAAAAHHH wrote: »
    That wouldn't work though. 2004 was a leap year and this year isn't.

Hmm well spotted! I guess I got my years mixed up. The eegit definately done it though, he went round the office telling everyone because I think he thought it made him look clever. It didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Know a woman who cancelled her Sky subscription and unplugged the box then put it in a drawer-so Sky wouldn't know she had it and keep charging her.A friend of mine used to drink Newcastle Brown Ale even though he hated the stuff because it was the cheapest beer in the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

zerks wrote: »
    Know a woman who cancelled her Sky subscription and unplugged the box then put it in a drawer-so Sky wouldn't know she had it and keep charging her..

Not sure I understand that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Not sure I understand that one.

Same as.

I want to cancel my Sky too, not because I'm tight, because its crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭deandean

I read in the Sunday Times yesterday about Tiger Woods, one of the richest men in the World, during his 18-odd month affair with the restaurant waitress...the only thing he ever bought her or gave to her was a Subway Sandwich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

deandean wrote: »
    I read in the Sunday Times yesterday about Tiger Woods, one of the richest men in the World, during his 18-odd month affair with the restaurant waitress...the only thing he ever bought her or gave to her was a Subway Sandwich.
    Extra long?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

deandean wrote: »
    Extra long?

Extra long meatball marinara
    With extra sauce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

phill106 wrote: »
    Extra long meatball marinara
    With extra sauce

Yeah but he waited until Tuesday to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭anthonymax

I got as a wedding present a beautiful canteen of RUSTY cutlery. Also a bale of towels which I spotted a few weeks later in Penney's for 9 euro. Nice towels though.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Maniacle

Epic thread :D:D
    I just finished reading this whole thing.. took about two weeks.. but I did it lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

zerks wrote: »
    Know a woman who cancelled her Sky subscription and unplugged the box then put it in a drawer-so Sky wouldn't know she had it and keep charging her.

That's not stingy, it's stupid.

Even after you cancel your subscription you can still get some channels free on your sky box.

You own the box once your have completed the minimum subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

Friends of mine lived with this stingy guy in on-campus apartments in college. For each block of apartments there was a communal room full of washing machines and tumble dryers. Each machine cost €2 to operate and washing powder was free. Stingy guy used to collect the washing powder and wash his clothes in the bath-tub in his apartment.

Another time, same stingy guy was in the kitchen/living area with me and my friend who lived with him. My friend was out of bread and wanted toast. My friend asked stingy guy could be take 1 slice of bread as stingy guy had a full sliced pan in the bread bin. Stingy guy said of course, no problem. More than 2 weeks later my friend and I had returned from the shops and went into the kitchen/living area. Stingy guy was watching television but was looking at us from the corner of his eye. He saw my friend had bought a sliced pan and asked him could he get back that slice of bread that my friend had "borrowed" (stingy guy's words). My friend stood in shock as stingy guy got up off the couch, opened the sliced pan, took out a slice and put it into his sliced pan in the bread bin.

Same stingy guy, who was in my course, decided to meet us for a couple of pints after we had all finished our last exam of 2nd year and before heading our separate ways for the Summer holidays. About 10 of us were drinking out the back of a pub in the beer garden, which was doing a special of €3 a pint. He was the last to arrive and saw us all drinking the €3 pints. He asked how much were the pints (yet knew full well himself). We told him and he said he'd be back in a while and took his bag with him. He came back 15 minutes later with a full bag and an empty pint glass. He sat down beside us, opened the bag, and produced a six pack of Dutch Gold which he bought in the nearest off-license for €7.

Cork people. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

Am in the Radisson, Little Island, and there's 3 people at a table across from me sharing a cup of tea.. :(

I think the tea is complimentary.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Somebody tell me something real fucking stingy. Cheer me up in this epic thread!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Hmm well spotted! I guess I got my years mixed up. The eegit definately done it though, he went round the office telling everyone because I think he thought it made him look clever. It didn't
    You can reuse calendars every 28 years.

Don't ask. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

Working in catering once. Sold plastic knives & forks in boxes of 1000, about €7, spoons in boxes of 2000, about €10. Had a customer who used to count each box and claim if he found a shortage. Same guy didn't trust the length of the toilet rolls. Since they were 720 metres long he couldn't measure them. I got the weight of the paper, gsm, by width by supposed length by 6 per pack. He then weighed a pack on his scales and was pleased to see he was getting more than he should. I ruined his day by pointing out that his scales might be wrong. Since he bought his meat by weight on the same scales he was paying over the odds. He went bust shortly after (we had him on COD)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

I was going to get the luas home from school a couple of years ago with a class mate and was buying a ticket at my stop when I realised that I was something like 20c short. I could see the luas coming and asked the guy to spot me but he point blank refused.

I pointed out how I had lent him money previously but he just got mad at this and got on the luas leaving me there. díckhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Back when I was around 12, I gave a 10 euro note to one of my friends for his birthday which was the norm.

Along comes my stingy friend with his envelope and 2, 2euro coins and a 1 euro coin.Never seen that happen before!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

This sounds made up but it isnt. My in-laws next door neighbour is a crank.

Go in and ask him for some sellotape and you get the inquisition and then he will cut off 4 strips and stick them to your hand.

The bollix!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭daltonm

Some years back there was a group of us who used to meet up at Xmas to exchange prezzies, we had the token miser who one year gave me a present that still had the gift tag on it from the previous year - it was a present she received (and obviously didn't like) from another friend in the group who happened to be sitting beside me as I opened HER gift card, we thought it was hillarious and just when we thought she couldn't get any worse the friend beside me opened her "gift" to find that it was a book that came free with that weeks Sunday World!!!

• Advertisement

I have a non drinking, miserly, gimp of a ''friend''. When all the lads go to the pub and the rounds are flowing you will see him pulling bottles of pre bought lucozade out of his idiotic cargo jacket and pouring them into an empty pint glass. It is cringe worthy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭daltonm

I have a non drinking, miserly, gimp of a ''friend''. When all the lads go to the pub and the rounds are flowing you will see him pulling bottles of pre bought lucozade out of his idiotic cargo jacket and pouring them into an empty pint glass. It is cringe worthy!

I had a friend like that and if we went on to a nightclub where he had to buy a drink, he'd pull out the loose change purse at the bar :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

A chap in work keeps his old tea bags and hangs them up to try, I thought only old people do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭poochierockz

My mum has a friend who always came to our family gatherings. She was an awful person. For christmas when I was a kid, she'd give me her kids former dirty used toys wrapped up in old wrapping paper that had already been used as well. One night, she came to a party that my folks had for me. Bought me a cake and everything. Well, I didn't get to have any of the cake.. before anyone even got near it, she cut half of it, stored it into her tupperware that she brought and hid it underneath the kitchen sink to take home when she left. I found it by chance when I was searching for some cleaner to clean up a mess that was made. Horrible woman!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

ha some of these things are so funny. I have 2 friends who would search the bin on the street for left over food!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

A friend of mine is a ghost... he's so stingy he wouldn't give you a fright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

wellboy76 wrote: »
    This sounds made up but it isnt. My in-laws next door neighbour is a crank.

Go in and ask him for some sellotape and you get the inquisition and then he will cut off 4 strips and stick them to your hand.

The bollix!

Do they ask him for sellotape often?

Why don't they buy their own roll?.....it's your in-laws that sound stingy here.

I hate stingy people, I have an uncle in London with a free transport ticket (tubes and buses) and he still complains about the prices!!:(

Tight Git.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

friend who travels abroad on business always brings home smokes for the lads... turned out (a big row ensuing) that he had been charging them a commission on top of the cost price for the carton... earns more than most of them put together

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

etymon wrote: »
    friend who travels abroad on business always brings home smokes for the lads... turned out (a big row ensuing) that he had been charging them a commission on top of the cost price for the carton... earns more than most of them put together

How is that stingy?
    If I were to ask a friend to buy me tobacco abroad and go to the trouble and effort to get it and bring it to their hands on a regular basis, I'd be happy to pay extra - would'nt expect just to pay the cost of the product.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Lolnouska

this is my favourite thread. some people are unbelievable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement