Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,070 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

lufties wrote: »
    Can't say I have witnessed anything in particular, but I've been out on many dates with women, and some don't even offer to pay a share. The latest being an attractive chinese girl, we went out three times and I (stupidly) covered the meal every time without her even blinking n eyelid :confused: , In the end I actually asked her to pay the taxi :P

Nowadays if I take a girl out and she doesn't even offer to pay a share, there will not be a second date:cool:

This is the stinge thread, not the brag-about-my-prowess-with-women thread.
    Honestly though, she was ok and the first in a long while, wasn't she?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

retalivity wrote: »
    This is the stinge thread, not the brag-about-my-prowess-with-women thread.
    Honestly though, she was ok and the first in a long while, wasn't she?

not really, my begrudging friend :) it was one of many, i do live in hong kong after all :) don't worry though I didn't get the ride, if thats any consolation to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

lufties wrote: »
    not really, my begrudging friend :) it was one of many, i do live in hong kong after all :) don't worry though I didn't get the ride, if thats any consolation to you.

Ha, expecting a Hong Kong girl to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Ha, expecting a Hong Kong girl to pay.

yeah its hong kong not mainland china, people can be well paid depending on what sector they work in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Dublin bus going on strike putting people's jobs at risk, mounting the company's costs which will cause further cutbacks.

Stingy bastards, not to mention putting the general public's jobs at risk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Achilles wrote: »
    Dublin bus going on strike putting people's jobs at risk, mounting the company's costs which will cause further cutbacks.

Stingy bastards, not to mention putting the general public's jobs at risk.

Go away!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Fungums wrote: »
    My sister asked if she could have a shower in the morning and she responded with ''but what shampoo will you use?''

It's around about then I'd be calling a cab and heading away home :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

My favourite housemate has started eating out of the bin. She has money to smoke but cant seem to buy food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

My favourite housemate has started eating out of the bin. She has money to smoke but cant seem to buy food.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Your favourite housemate is a singed dog?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

That's just plain disgusting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Kind of curious what she is eating out of the bin. Is it all used stuff or stuff that is wrapped? It's all disgusting but there are grades of disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Kind of curious what she is eating out of the bin. Is it all used stuff or stuff that is wrapped? It's all disgusting but there are grades of disgusting.

Yep, as long as the stuff that has gone off and is in the bin is wrapped it's moderately less disgusting.

The yoghurt was nicely sealed, been outside a fridge for a week and out of date for another 1-2 weeks but sealed. The other was a custard pastry which just had a plastic tray so the bottom half may have been fine if it landed on it and nothing fell on top. She dropped it on the ground before picking it up and eating it, we're students so the floor hasnt been cleaned in awhile, I wouldnt want to wear clothes that fell on this floor, never mind eat off it. It may have added flavour at least, those things were really tasteless. Now I'm going back to trying not to vomit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Now I'm going back to trying not to vomit.
    Careful she sounds hungry!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,303 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Your favourite housemate is a singed dog?

Who has been try to burn a dog?

Victor wrote: »
    Who has been try to burn a dog?

Well the dog is smoking, you'd assume somebody is trying to burn it !

Looked in the fridge, turns out I was terribly wrong, she took out anything food related. Some chips that have been there for over a week included, no wrapping at all, just scraped from the plate. If she is lucky theres some ketchup on one. Ordered pizza, the look she gave me was worse than the look my dog gave me when I took her food out of the cupboard. She's just sitting there, waiting until I leave it alone.

I waste quite a bit of food, its not a huge amount but a bit here and a bit there adds up. I'm thinking of running an experiment to see just how far she will go. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Leave a slice of chicken laid out perfectly on the utility/kitchen floor with a few hairs on top. Thats a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Pour some Mi Wadi into the toilet bowl and ask her if she is thirsty, the manky bitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

Company I work for is so strapped for cash they've cancelled the bin-service.

We've switched to 'composting'

Dartz wrote: »

I can't see how that is a bad thing per se.

I would question how they intend to compost items that cannot be recycled though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

So what you're saying is... they're using the other poster's housemate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

So what you're saying is... they're using the other poster's housemate?

What I'm saying is, the contents of the bin in the office 'kitchen' have been there for multiple months. Including multiple bottles of milk where the dregs inside have gone yellow and solid. And flies emerge each time its opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

What I'm saying is, the contents of the bin in the office 'kitchen' have been there for multiple months. Including multiple bottles of milk where the dregs inside have gone yellow and solid. And flies emerge each time its opened.

Oh that sounds deliciously hygienic. Yummy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Have you had a rethink of your 'favourite' housemate ?

(unless you get 'benefits' ?)

I'll send her around, she'll have the food taken care of and any rubbish will be put in a pile in another room.
    Have you had a rethink of your 'favourite' housemate ?

(unless you get 'benefits' ?)
    Well she is the only one so she wins by default.

Sadly I dont find her attractive. My girlfriend wouldn't approve either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

starling wrote: »
    Socks, jaysus. They really are the one gift that says "I put exactly 6 seconds thought into getting you something."

Socks do not count as a present unless they're cashmere. Everyone should know that.

I love getting socks as a present. :o I love socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

I love getting socks as a present. :o I love socks.

Wait so as per my other post...do people actually say to you "I know how much you like wearing socks, so I got you these..." :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

My mother stopped switching on the immersion when she got heating put in, because the heating heats water. Fair enough except in summer when the heating doesn't go on she will only use the immersion for two things: the twice weekly washing of her hair and her weekly bath.

She boils the kettle to wash the dishes and washes herself with cold water every morning.

Also, I have no computer atm and a family friend said he was getting rid of his and did I want it? She said I couldn't have it unless I paid her €5 extra a week for the electricity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement