Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Oh and this one.... My sister was in pennys and found a new look bag left in the dressing room with clothes (and reciepts) She brought it to the counter in case someone was looking for it. About 20 minutes later my sister was in New look getting a new dress, The girl who took the bag off her in Pennys was at the counter pretending to have bought them... and got money back for them.

My sister went mad at ratted her out!! Dont think the staff believed her though since the one had the reciepts:mad::mad::mad:

Id say the things that go on like this in retail are widespread tbh. We're a nation of strokers :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Id say the things that go on like this in retail are widespread tbh. We're a nation of strokers :pac:

Ya but thats just stealing- new looks clothes are expensive enough, the one was handed 55 euro back, my sister went bezerk and threatned to tell her manager, i mean the one had her uniform on and obviously slipped out on her break.

The stupid thing about it the time on the reciept was an hour before hand, and the girl who refunded her had been on the till and S O L D those exact clothes( till name also on it) and she couldnt remember if she had sold her the clothes(im sure you would remember someone in a pennys uniform buying clothes)

Plus the new look clothes were a size 12 and the pennys one was a big girl who was at least a size 18

Pah:mad: Sorry that stuff just makes me mad:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

ok,a guy from dundalk is thee tightest fukker ive ever met

hes always had good jobs and comes from a well off family

he has borrowed money off me and made excuses not to pay it back or given a storey thats hes broke despite him living at home and being a hotel manager at the time and me being unemployed

another time tried to charge me money he owed me because i fell on a glass and cut my arm wide open in his house (and he had to mop up some blood) so he felt justified in charging me cash for the accident

once bet me 100 euro in public in front of witnesses and when i won refused to acknowledge the bet

the worst thing is the guy is working as a hypnotist+motivational speaker now in dublin

hope he doesnt hypnotise more innocent people to be like him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭ChickCool

a real stingy mate of mine constantly asks other girls for tampons when shes out, so she can collect them all month and wont have to bother buying them herself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

When i was a broke student i was driving home to waterford from dublin one friday afternoon, when i heard that a 'mate' of mine was planning on getting the bus down. So upon hearing this i gave him a call and offered a lift which he gladly accepted. I then drove through dublin traffic from templeogue into leeson st to pick him up and then headed to waterford.

Now this guy is from a very wealthy family and always had loads of cash. So on the way down i pulled into a petrol station and asked him for a FIVER for petrol, to which he replied he had no money on him. I knew he was full of **** but what could i do. So a while later i looked over at him and he had a 20 euro note in his hands that he was playing with, he was obviously deep in thought and didnt realise he was doing it. When I said to him 'I thought you had no money', he snapped out of his daydream and looked really shocked for a second, and then lamely said 'uhhh oh yeah i just found this in my wallet i can give you that fiver now'.

Asshole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

Fiend-Foe wrote: »
    Was in the pub for the day not too long ago, was buying for myself and a mate.

Everytime I went up to the bar I was served my the same girl, pints came to €9.80 and I handed her a tenner everytime and walked away before she even got to the till.

A little later in the day and I'd ran out of notes I was 20c short for the €9.80 round.

Same girl who had served me all day made a big fuss out of holding onto the 2 pints until I went back to my mate and got the 20c :( -ripped...

So you wanted that girl to use your (miserly) tips to help pay for your round???

Fair play to you, you must think those 20cents you were giving were going to make a whole lot of difference.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I know a guy that robs food from everyone's cupboard in the place he lives in. His cupboard has nothing in it, apart from an unopened box of teabags (been there a month in the same position).

The guy regularly negotiates the queue in the canteen so that he slips out between the two tills, so as not to pay.

Was over at mine the other night and one of the lads mentioned that there was a lot of Miller and Heineken in the fridge that we were welcome to share with him, that his aul ones gave him (Xmas leftovers). Never having met the lad that offered them, the ****er shouted "mine" and took them and left them in the car for when he was leaving. No-one said anything as they were gobsmacked...

I've seen him very deliberately offering to take people's trolley when at the supermarket, seemingly so that he gets the euro coin back when he's done without having to have put it there in the first place.

Pizza will be ordered and he will nearly always decline the offer to be in on it, but he always ends up trying to tuck in, unless he's told to f*** off. Even then, he tries to make out that WE ARE THE CHEAP ONES.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Christ! This thread has nearly 74,000 views...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Christ! This thread has nearly 74,000 views...

There's a recession on. People are looking for tips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

70,000 of them by people who aren't subscribers. :rolleyes: :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

My sister was at Christmas dinner a couple of years ago. Her and her husband were invited over my his mother.
    Everything went well, starters, main course desert, etc. An enjoyable night by all accounts.
    When they were leaving though my sisters mother in law presented them with the bill, broken down on a piece of paper waiting for them in the hallway.

My sister was gob smacked. She thought it was just his mother being friendly and all chrismassy - nope - she wanted her full money's worth!

Sister never went to the mothers house ever again and told the husband exactly why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I have one that just happened to me - I'm a bit astounded at it tbh.

A friend of my bfs, let's call him Bob, came over to our house for a barbeque a few weeks ago and brought 6 sausages has his contribution (we have byo barbeques at various peoples houses nearly every weekend and we all contribute something). We invited everyone around but not many people could make it so when Bob turned up there were only 4 of us and we decided to get takeaway instead. Bob left his sausages in the fridge and we brought them to a barbeque the following weekend.

Move forward to today. We're having a birthday party for me in our house tomorrow. The theme is a kids party so we're having lots of junk food but we wanted something more substantial. A few people emailed us awith the usual thing people so and asking what they could bring, apart from booze so my bf replied to all and said maybe a few sausages so we can have hot dogs or someting.

We got an email from Bob saying he wouldn't be bringing anything because we owe him some sausages. :eek:

It's a BIRTHDAY PARTY and he is coming empty handed. I'm in shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

My friend invited me for a BBQ but they expected the guests to bring the food so I brought a few sausages. We ended up going to a takeaway in the end instead but they kept my sausages! :mad:

Nothing to get too upset about but then fast forward a few weeks and now they're asking for more sausages free of charge. I mean come on!

Bob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

javaboy wrote: »
    My friend invited me for a BBQ but they expected the guests to bring the food so I brought a few sausages. We ended up going to a takeaway in the end instead but they kept my sausages! :mad:

Nothing to get too upset about but then fast forward a few weeks and now they're asking for more sausages free of charge. I mean come on!

Bob.

I knew someone would say that! In fact, I thought you might get in there first. :D

It's how things are done in NZ - they're big in to pot luck dinners etc. Plus, it's my frickin birthday!

/crosses javaboy off future birthday invites :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭sassa

Had a big christening party for my eldest daughter and one of my cousins arrived congratulated us handed us a card with €20 in it. fast forward to later that night when we were all out in the nightclub my cousin came up to and said "Look I put €20 in a card for the child and can't really afford it any chance I can get it back":eek::eek::eek: despite the fact the little ****e had only just bought a round and his wallet was full of €50's.

moral of the story...If ya don't want to give a present fine but never ask for one back or you'll end up bein slagged on boards.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

ClioV6 wrote: »
    A certain restaurant in Carlow has been found out..

They've been stealing the scraps and gone off food from a certain butchers that was outside in a skip, cooking it and selling it on to paying customers.

Stinginess indeed..
    Will be in the papers soon enough

:eek: That is really disgusting, thank god I have never eaten in any restaurants in Carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Best thread ever. Fact.

Have just spent 2 hrs on sat nite reading and laughing at the posts!!

Kudo's to OP...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

my mum used to buy 1 bag of chips and divide it up between me, my 3 brothers and my sister, whilst my mum and dad had a full portion each... now that is stingy

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

CamperMan wrote: »
    my mum used to buy 1 bag of chips and divide it up between me, my 3 brothers and my sister, whilst my mum and dad had a full portion each... now that is stingy

How about every dad in the world who will bring his kids to the pub and drink up to 10 pints and if you ask for one extra drink or bag of crisps, mother of fvcking god but if they guy on the bar stool even looks at him once he will get bought a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Cheerilee

This thread is cracking me up ....laughing ..as opposed to a mental breakdown..:D
    I used to live with a girl who used to rinse out her make up remover wipes every night so she could make one last three or four days.. worse she did the same with cotton buds... vile... still makes my stomach churn...frugal or just plain filthy?..ugh..:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

Cheerilee wrote: »
    This thread is cracking me up ....laughing ..as opposed to a mental breakdown..:D
    I used to live with a girl who used to rinse out her make up remover wipes every night so she could make one last three or four days.. worse she did the same with cotton buds... vile... still makes my stomach churn...frugal or just plain filthy?..ugh..:eek:

look on the bright side... at least it wasn't panty pads :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

watna wrote: »
    javaboy wrote:
    My friend invited me for a BBQ but they expected the guests to bring the food so I brought a few sausages. We ended up going to a takeaway in the end instead but they kept my sausages!

Bob.
    I knew someone would say that! In fact, I thought you might get in there first. :D

It's how things are done in NZ - they're big in to pot luck dinners etc. Plus, it's my frickin birthday!

/crosses javaboy off future birthday invites :)
    lol

:o for javaboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

My aunt who lives in the midlands used to come up to Dublin with an ex-friend of hers every so often to look around the shops.

One Saturday they're outside the Kilkenny shop on Nassau street when the friend suggests that they have lunch in the expensive cafe there as a treat. When it comes time to pay the friend "suddenly realises" that she doesn't have much money on her so she asks if my aunt will pay and says she will pay for lunch next time they are in Dublin.

So the next time they're in Dublin as they're walking past the Kilkenny shop the friends says "I'm not hungry yet, lets wait a bit before we have lunch". About an hour later they're on O'Connell St and the friend turns to my aunt and says "I'm getting a bit hungry now, which do you prefer, Burger King or McDonalds?"

My aunt stopped going to Dublin with her shortly after..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

My stingy thing is that I hate paying for taxis.

No explanation for it, I'm free and easy with money for everything else but taxis really irk for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I don't know why but that post really confused me.

There is a Kilkenny shop on Wicklow St. in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I don't know why but that post really confused me.

There is a Kilkenny shop on Wicklow St. in Dublin?
    If you think that's odd, their headquarters is now in Killarney:)

(I thought it was on Nassau street but anyhoo)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bp1989

an old school friend of mine was the tightest person ever when it came to food. Whenever I'd get food in the canteen at lunch, he'd practically beg me for some of whatever I bought, his excuse being that he had no money for lunch (despite the fact he had a roll in his pocket every day). Even on the days when I got curry chips, he'd eat the chips straight from my plate using his fingers without asking. One day I even lent him money to buy himself something, and he never gave it back. I asked him for it once, and I later heard from another friend that he had been bitching about me behind my back, calling me a tightass:eek:

When the guy did have the money to buy himself something, I'd never get a piece of it! Not even an offer, and if I asked, he'd look at me like I had 2 heads or come up with another cock and bull story about how he couldnt afford to share with me as that's all he could afford to buy all day.

tightass!!! I wonder if he's still the same way today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Was over at mine the other night and one of the lads mentioned that there was a lot of Miller and Heineken in the fridge that we were welcome to share with him, that his aul ones gave him (Xmas leftovers). Never having met the lad that offered them, the ****er shouted "mine" and took them and left them in the car for when he was leaving. No-one said anything as they were gobsmacked...

:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

sceptre wrote: »
    If you think that's odd, their headquarters is now in Killarney:)

(I thought it was on Nassau street but anyhoo)

Oops, yeah it's should've been Nassau St. Post fixed :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

One of my housemates in college brought home a girl one night but, due to the large amount of druids cider consumed, he was unable to finish the job. So, he took off the condom, put it on a shelf beside his bed, and used it when having sex with his unsuspecting girlfriend the next night. And he was so feckin proud of himself for it too!! Yuck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement