Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Hagar wrote: »
    I made this post by cutting and pasting words from other people's posts.
    How's that for stingy? :D

Lols :-p

/ba da boom etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Hagar wrote: »
    I made this post by cutting and pasting words from other people's posts.
    How's that for stingy? :D

lol

save it for the humour forum funny guy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

I knew a guy once that used to hang is used teabags on the washing line, then when they had dried out he would re use them... now that is stingy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭frag4

Once drove 140 miles to pick my girlfriend up at Dublin airport as a surprise and then charged her for the petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

CamperMan wrote: »
    I knew a guy once that used to hang is used teabags on the washing line, then when they had dried out he would re use them... now that is stingy.....
    :eek: Wonder what he does with condoms :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 nonickname

Hello,

Done some work in an elderley neighbours house a few months back.
    Got the job finished and she wanted to make tea for myself and her son (40+), who was after calling over.
    So, we get the tea, then she sarts looking in the cupboard for things we can have with it. All she finds is half a packet of buns that are starting to go off and she's a bit embarrassed by this.

Anyway, the son takes a look at the buns and reckons "their's nothing wrong with them buns yet"

Then he sat down at the table, starts to pick the bits of blue mould of the buns and eating the rest. He ate 3 of the 4 left in the packet.

Gobsmacked I was and his poor mother didn't know which way to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

nonickname wrote: »
    Hello,

Done some work in an elderley neighbours house a few months back.
    Got the job finished and she wanted to make tea for myself and her son(40+) who was after calling over.
    So, we get the tea, then she sarts looking in the cupboard for things we can have with it. All she finds is half a packet of buns that are starting to go off and she's a bit embarrassed this.

Anyway, the son takes alook at the buns and reckons "their's nothing wrong with them buns yet"

Then he sat down at the table and started to pick the bits of blue mould of the buns and eating the rest. He ate 3 of the 4 left in the packet. Gobsmacked I was and his poor mother didn't know which way to look.

I've done that before many times, you know that blue/green mould is disgusting but completely harmless (Its actually penicillin). Just cut the mould off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I once had a friend who was so stingy he could peel an orange in his pocket with a pair of boxing gloves on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

BrightEyes wrote: »
    I once had a friend who was so stingy he could peel an orange in his pocket with a pair of boxing gloves on

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

One of the worst I saw was a woman in a garage trying to wash her car with the water pump you use to fill up your water bottle under the bonnet, she was getting nowhere slowly :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

If any one is stingy in that post its you. If a every barman done that for every1 at the end of the night you wouldnt be long before the till is down a good few euro. Pay the man what you owe him

Was in the pub for the day not too long ago, was buying for myself and a mate.

Everytime I went up to the bar I was served my the same girl, pints came to €9.80 and I handed her a tenner everytime and walked away before she even got to the till.

A little later in the day and I'd ran out of notes I was 20c short for the €9.80 round.

Same girl who had served me all day made a big fuss out of holding onto the 2 pints until I went back to my mate and got the 20c :( -ripped...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

EF wrote: »
    One of the worst I saw was a woman in a garage trying to wash her car with the water pump you use to fill up your water bottle under the bonnet, she was getting nowhere slowly :D

I seen a man do this one day,he had a 08 astra ...stingy mu******ka

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭figs86

I've done that before many times, you know that blue/green mould is disgusting but completely harmless (Its actually penicillin). Just cut the mould off.

ehh right - some mold spores are invisible so enjoy eating them!

and after a quick google - why you shouldn't just cut off mold and eat the food!
    http://www.moldbacteria.com/myblog/2006/03/question-of-eating-mouldy-food.html

its unhealthy, disgusting and stingy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

My friend once peeled a orange in his pocket and ate the segments one at a time after five minutes we asked him what he was doin putting his hand from his pocket to his mouth every few mins and we discovered he was afraid we would ask him for a segment so he pocket munched like this all the time !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 tiger325

Had no clue there were so many cheapskates in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

frag4 wrote: »
    Once drove 140 miles to pick my girlfriend up at Dublin airport as a surprise and then charged her for the petrol.
    How much did the judge award her in the divorce settelment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm so stingy I've stopped viewing this as a "stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do" and more of a "101 ways to survive the recession" thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Think it was Moi who mentioned the thrity word in the thread first .Perhaps we now need a thrifty thread to accomadate the recession ,alongside this stingy one of course .;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Maggie.23

I know a guy who weighs everything he buys, from a bag of potatoes down to a bag of crisps. If the weight he gets is below the weight on the packaging (and knowing him, his weighing scales are probably dead on) he brings it back for a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

In days gone by I used to work on a supermarket deli counter. We had one old dear who would arrive in about once a month or so who would take the 5kg tubs of margarine and bring them over to the self service deli scales where she would proceed to weigh them to see which one(s) had a few grams over the 5kg weight.

( Before the chorus of the weight of the container is shouted at me she was weighing them to get the heaviest one there and not looking for 5.005 kg ! ) :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Maggie.23 wrote: »
    I know a guy who weighs everything he buys, from a bag of potatoes down to a bag of crisps. If the weight he gets is below the weight on the packaging (and knowing him, his weighing scales are probably dead on) he brings it back for a refund.
    that is mean
    because the little "e" symbol on the packet means that the weight is a average not a guarantee that you will get at least that amount.
    shopkeeper should sue for harassmet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Piste wrote: »
    I'm so stingy I've stopped viewing this as a "stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do" and more of a "101 ways to survive the recession" thread.

is there a tips to save money thread here--- >>> if so show me the way:D

this threads brill.

Ive a few...

With the recession and me out of work and living off the mister i get my clothes in Charity shops, was in there last week and i saw a woman pull out a tiny scissors and cut a hole in a jumper, then bring it to the counter and demand a "price cut":eek::eek::eek::eek:

Saw a young one in a dressing room(the half door ones) put on 3 pairs of socks and walk out(thats just stealing)

Oh and this one.... My sister was in pennys and found a new look bag left in the dressing room with clothes (and reciepts) She brought it to the counter in case someone was looking for it. About 20 minutes later my sister was in New look getting a new dress, The girl who took the bag off her in Pennys was at the counter pretending to have bought them... and got money back for them.

My sister went mad at ratted her out!! Dont think the staff believed her though since the one had the reciepts:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Oh and this one.... My sister was in pennys and found a new look bag left in the dressing room with clothes (and reciepts) She brought it to the counter in case someone was looking for it. About 20 minutes later my sister was in New look getting a new dress, The girl who took the bag off her in Pennys was at the counter pretending to have bought them... and got money back for them.

:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭corkhero

seeing people taking change out of the plate that goes around in mass.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

corkhero wrote: »
    seeing people taking change out of the plate that goes around in mass.
    Jesus did tell us to share.
    Dont see why he should get all the money on that plate.Stingy Bstard:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭kpbdublin

Some of the posters have difficulty distinguishing between
    1. Straightforward meanness and lack of generosity.
    2. Brilliant and extreme money-saving abilities.

The two are not the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

kpbdublin wrote: »
    Some of the posters have difficulty distinguishing between
    1. Straightforward meanness and lack of generosity.
    2. Brilliant and extreme money-saving abilities.

The two are not the same thing.

And some people think that their Straightforward meanness and lack of generosity are actually Brilliant and extreme money-saving abilities. Which is really why this thread exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I was a Christmas Temp in Zavvi, and my last day was during our 10% markdown on everything (due to us going into Provisional Liquidation). A guy came up to me and I scanned in his stack of DVDs. It came to over a €120, and he handed me his Zavvi Student card, but I had to tell him we couldn't accept them anymore considering we were in administration. But I did tell him it didn't matter, the till was automatically giving him 10% off.

He just said "never mind" and walked away without paying:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

latchyco wrote: »
    How much did the judge award her in the divorce settelment ?

you can divorce a girlfriend now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement