Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

We didn't have any toilet paper in primary school. I remember one of the lads had a poo during break and we heard him shouting from the cubicle to bring him some toilet paper. I can't remember if he got any or not.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Dan133269 wrote: »
    In our secondary school, we sometimes didn't have toilet paper!
    Anyone remember the translucent stuff ?
    Like greaseproof paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Like greaseproof paper

My lunches were wrapped in that. :) Ah, those were the days before cling film :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭Archeron

Like greaseproof paper

Bad memories of the dart station in Bray for me there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Like greaseproof paper

God, do I ever? I went to a rather posh private school on Dublins south side. They more than anyone could afford the expensive stuff. Nope. Old skool grease proof paper style bog roll in the jacks all the way. It was dispensed single sheet by single sheet from a box that sat inside a dispenser on the wall. It had the absorbency qualities of tin foil. :o

There was one day when parents were gonna be in the school in the evening. A friend and I were were enlisted to go around all the jacks and make sure that they all had hand soap, toilet paper etc. The Mother Superior (who was the poshest, snootiest, most etiquette obsessed broad in the whole place) showed us how to open the boxes of bog roll, and load them in the dispenser. She stopped herself half way thru the demo, and said "but sure you know how to do all this from home"

I can still remember my friend and I looking at each other and thinking "Jesus lady, you really need to get out into the real world more often if you think that real people actually have this kind of $hit in their homes" No pun intended. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Like greaseproof paper
    Owwowwow:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

Like greaseproof paper
    Thank god that was back in the days before i knew anything about Guinness poo's

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Squ wrote: »
    Thank god that was back in the days before i knew anything about Guinness poo's

I can imagine the telephone call...

Hello Boss? Can't come in to work today. Still wiping my arse. May be here a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Like greaseproof paper

In London, in the public toilets, it used to be printed with the local council's name on each sheet.

dear heavens - why??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

In London, in the public toilets, it used to be printed with the local council's name on each sheet.

Not her majesty's face?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Advertisment

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mummymoo

i got reused christmas cards in secondary school!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,247 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Maybe it was being stolen (by staff) en masse and sold to other councils?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Wonder if Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch did it, would they print it lengthwise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

mummymoo wrote: »
    i got reused christmas cards in secondary school!

That reminds me of a birthday card I got years ago in Primary School from a well off family. It was handmade from an A4 cardboardy sheet folded from top to bottom then left to right..nothing really wrong with that but this person had obviously made it for someone else as there was a section cut out where my name was and they had Prittsticked the front to the back part of sheet....as if I wouldn't notice. I might have been 7 but I wasn't that dumb. No present either...was raging!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Heard a guy and his wife would rather live in a tent than pay his morgage for 2 years, anything to get a free house, what a stinge!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

The neighbours used to have toilet paper drying on the washing line.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    The neighbours used to have toilet paper drying on the washing line.

You're not actually serious:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Eathrin wrote: »
    You're not actually serious:confused:

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭veryangryman

votecounts wrote: »
    Heard a guy and his wife would rather live in a tent than pay his morgage for 2 years, anything to get a free house, what a stinge!!!

Indeed. Can someone post their address. I want to reposess their tent/piss on it. What a pile of scumbags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I'm moving jobs and my team (extended) took me for lunch today as a goodbye. Really appreciated it as was glad to have a last chinwag with them over some yummy food.
    40mins after we sat down 2 more ladies showed up (not on my team, not invited) and sat with us, ordered and ate lunch with us. Turns out one of the girls invited (who I don't like, but had to invite) had asked them along as "sure the company is paying anyway".
    We left before them and settled up our bill on the way out. Would have loved to have seen their faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

Saw this one fella refuse to move out of his mansion into one of his 10 other luxury apartments because he felt he wasn't getting celtic tiger prices for his "family home"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Kolido wrote: »

thats not stingy, they're just tossers

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

Not sure as to how stingy this is, but I knew a Polish fella, great guy. He told me that he didn`t pay for heating, he just turned a toaster on it`s side and used it to keep himself warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

Not sure as to how stingy this is, but I knew a Polish fella, great guy. He told me that he didn`t pay for heating, he just turned a toaster on it`s side and used it to keep himself warm.

Was it s,solar powered toaster or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

If he is paying the electricity, I think that would use loads!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 232 ✭✭LilyCricket

:D

jesus christ, i have heard it all now!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

phill106 wrote: »
    If he is paying the electricity, I think that would use loads!

He wasn`t using it all day, seemingly just when he felt like treating himself to some heat for a few minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

He wasn`t using it all day, seemingly just when he felt like treating himself to some heat for a few minutes.

Can you imagine?
    "Alright, ive been a good boy today, managed to only spend 30c on food, on a bun that was going off in dunnes. Found 50c on the street as well, so im up for the day! Time to celebrate by lying down beside my toaster for 5 minutes for some of its glorious glorious heat"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement