Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lucy Kennedy show!?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Akilduss

Degsy wrote: »
    Another example of the feeding-trough of nepotism that exists in RTE.
    Tubridy,Ryan,Seoiges and now yer one Kennedy.
    It'd literally drive you to drink.

Anyone see the Late Late last night?

Five RTE employees among the guests -
    Des Cahill
    Pat Spillane
    Micheal O Muircheartaigh
    Eamon Dunphy
    and that impressionist bloke

Enough said....

EDIT - Oh, and I see the "Audience Challenge" on Winning Streak exclusively featured RTE "personalities"....

Is there any other channel or country in the world which is more incestuous?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

tintin67 wrote: »
    Damned for life. Take her off Irish television NOW!!

I was not implying anything with the English mother remark. I was just suggesting that with Lucy having an English mother and growing up in Killiney means she could not be further removed from being called a bogger!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

More posts deleted. Lads, stop the personal insults about Lucy and stick to discussing the show. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Mr E wrote: »
    More posts deleted. Lads, stop the personal insults about Lucy and stick to discussing the show. Thanks.
    Out of interest whats the count on posts deleted as she seems to be as popular as Tommy Tiernan at the special olympics.

11 so far.

• Advertisement

Anyone remember Challenge Aneka - maybe we could have a Challenge Lucy.

Aneka used to do great thinks like build playgrounds ,swimming pools and the like=I wonder what Lucy could achieve?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

CDfm wrote: »
    Anyone remember Challenge Aneka - maybe we could have a Challenge Lucy.

Aneka used to do great thinks like build playgrounds ,swimming pools and the like=I wonder what Lucy could achieve?

Well, I'll personally build a school for cute orphans if she promises to stay off the telly forever.

That'd be worth achieving.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bossdrum

Lucy might not have got the job because of nepotism but someone else has.
    From the RTE website: Every good chat show host these days has a house band and Lucy is no exception. Lucy, however is 'keeping it in the family' by roping her dad, pianist John Kennedy into studio each week.
    http://www.rte.ie/tv/lucykennedy/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 skybluejay

*sticks head above parapet*
    I actually quite like her.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,804 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah.. seems to be travelling in the same direction as the Colm & JimJim thread, this will be locked also unless the personal insults stop.

• Advertisement

skybluejay wrote: »
    you are her Mum -you have to say that

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Akilduss wrote: »
    Anyone see the Late Late last night?

Five RTE employees among the guests -
    Des Cahill
    Pat Spillane( Not Employee)
    Micheal O Muircheartaigh (Not Employee)
    Eamon Dunphy (Not Employee)
    and that impressionist bloke (Who)

Enough said...

EDIT - Oh, and I see the "Audience Challenge" on Winning Streak exclusively featured RTE "personalities"....

Is there any other channel or country in the world which is more incestuous?

(What? Incestuous? How do you make that out? casue they all appearad on RTE previously?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Akilduss

Des Cahill
    Pat Spillane(RTE presenter)
    Micheal O Muircheartaigh (RTE commentator)
    Eamon Dunphy (RTE pundit)
    and that impressionist bloke (Oliver Callan I believe, who does RTE's version of Gift Grub)

(What? Incestuous? How do you make that out? casue they all appearad on RTE previously?)

More than that, they were all RTE "personalities" that appeared on that Winning Streak challenge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Pianist2891

Get that talentless nobody off my television NOW.
    :mad:

Oh, and the show is beyond dire. Can actually hear the 1-2 people laugh weakly when she cracks a silly joke. Hopefully it will not survive another series.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/lucy-fails-the-chat-show-challenge-1594161.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

skybluejay wrote: »

+1. I can see why she wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but I like her in small doses. There're worse than her around, certainly. Unfortunately, there'll always be the irrational haters, who can't just say they dislike a person and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

I didnt see it but I like Lucy Kennedy, she seems to get a hard time but I think she is pretty funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Haha, she called the fair city wan by the wrong name in the outro!!!TWICE.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

When your wan in fair city said she ended up dropping the paw in a love scene, was she actually trying to do a dick check on Lucy?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Saw this for the first time tonight and thought it was atrociaous. Kennedy is very limited in what she can do, and is best kept playing second fiddle to puppets or her guests in her previous shows.

Her 'american talk show' style monologue was desperate - bad jokes by themelves are hard to forgive but her delievery was awful. Her questions were also insipid. I'm not looking for Prime Time but it has to be engaging at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Very poor show . How Rte can give these talentless idiots ( Smoke and mirrors ) a pedestal to feed there power hungry egos is beyond me . Not funny at all , not entertaining its just absolute tripe and Lucy will always look like a tranny .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

she does a monologue? omigod,

Finito. Thanks for playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,804 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh.. and by the way, just in case anyone didn't realise this thread was locked due to personal insults against Lucy Kennedy.. her television show took a backseat in the later stages of this thread.

Same goes for The Colm & Jim Jim thread.. any suggestions of it being anti-RTÉ on the moderators behalf are laughable!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement