Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lucy Kennedy show!?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,733 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

so it was sh'it then!?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

zealberg wrote: »
    Where to begin...

This was a "no-one-cares-anymore" tv show

Upon viewing I immediatly vomited on the sofa; and subsequently was overcome by dark impulses which are best left undescribed.

Sadly the 'modus-operandi' reflected in this TV show is somewhat indicitative of the entire ZEITGEIST of this entire country.

We are a constipated nation, run by a pock-faced and pencil/brass necked elite whose anorexic ****headedness has prolapsed whatever germ of originality and creativity may have been left, post christian-brother buggary.

You could see she was in awe of Ryan Tubridy (in itself a damning indictment), who had a smug "i'm used to this sort of thing" veneer going on.

The comedians may have had 'current', forward-swept haircuts but even this could not detract from their brutality.

I felt like i was eating three weetabix with no milk.

So I take it you didn't like the show then?

My god, people take this ever so seriously. Can people calm down, it was only a chat show not 'The Lucy Kennedy Philosophy Show'.
    Next weeks guests are Pat Kenny and Podge & Rodge discussing their thoughts on Plato.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

She has a failure of a chest, no personality , no humour and I would give her about a year. I can't tell whether she is better than Podge and Rodge because both are boring and about as funny as Jett Travolta dying......

NOT A BIT~!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Yeah couldn't believe it when I heard she had her own chat show, she really is a useless bint(see my thread on living with lucy). I saw the opening "comedy" sketch where she dressed up as some English woman then pulled a myriad of stupid faces before introducing Ryan Tubridy as her first guest, I turned off then. RTE is reasonably good on news, current affairs, documentaries & sport. Stuff like this & the panal and the panel's spin offs just don't work. They've bled podge & rodge dry and probably would have done the same to naked camera if only for the ppl in it not wanting to be known as Jake Stevens/traffic warden etc for the rest of their careers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The panel has a spin-off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

murpho999 wrote: »
    So I take it you didn't like the show then?

My god, people take this ever so seriously. Can people calm down, it was only a chat show not 'The Lucy Kennedy Philosophy Show'.
    Next weeks guests are Pat Kenny and Podge & Rodge discussing their thoughts on Plato.
    Some people do take it a bit too seriously..

But to put it bluntly, it wasn't entertaining in the slighest. It was unfunny, lazy and Lucy Kennedy is incredibly unlikeable.

Simple as that!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mulphisto

Have a look at the end credits next time.
    Pretty sure it said that the two Gildeas (Kevin and the sister that was on the show) were the script writers.

This explains everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Not exactly a panel spin off but you know the programs that regular guys on the panel like Andrew Maxwell, Neil Delamere etc are on. Fairly crap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

A national treasure if ever there was one:

That is beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

humanji wrote: »
    The panel has a spin-off?

Yep. Colin Murphy and Neil Delamere open up a detective agency in New Orleans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yep. Colin Murphy and Neil Delamere open up a detective agency in New Orleans.
    With each adventure more exciting and sexy than the last?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭ben bedlam

When is Colm and Jim Jim's Home Run back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Seeing as i started the thread i thought it would be rude not to turn it on;)
    I lasted 2 mins, same sh*t different shovel

Who were the comedians?
    The guy from the kit kat add is actually funny if you see him live

If they were all doing xmas stuff it was probably under orders
    Suprissed they didnt just tell RTE to fu*k off

Guess Bill Hicks was right, once you do an advert you sell your soul:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

elshambo wrote: »

Guess Bill Hicks was right, once you do an advert you sell your soul:D

Lucy would be great in an Ice Lolly advert -she is orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

ben bedlam wrote: »
    I think its weird that in America where you have vicious battles for tv ratings, you will still see on chat shows like the Tonight Show and Letterman, actors etc. from other tv stations promoting their shows. Here however, RTE vehemently refuse to give airtime to anyone from another tv station other than RTE themselves. For example, we didnt see Bill Cullen promoting the apprentice or Paul Williams promoting Dirty Money, both good TV3 shows, on RTE but we did see aholes like Colm and Jim Jim telling us how great their gameshow would be on Tubridy. It seems every time before theres a new show on RTE, its 'stars' get interviewed on what a brilliant show it is. No wonder all RTE presented have an inflated sense of ego and importance.

Good post! My thoughts exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

How much did RTÉ spend advertising this? I must have seen a good 3 or 4 ads for it on the way from Abbey Street to the train in Heuston, looked out my window of my bedroom to see a billboard for the Lucy Kennedy show. I would be grateful but there is waaay better eye candy out there.......
    State employed eejits blowing their budgets during a recession

Lucy sounds like a man and laughs like a donkey!eek.gif I think I am being too kind in this assessment!biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

strange that I can't view this show on rte.ie in Spain?

Surely there shouldn't be any legal reasons why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

The Spanish have seen it.

They're protecting you.

APM wrote: »
    strange that I can't view this show on rte.ie in Spain?

Surely there shouldn't be any legal reasons why?

It is for health and safety reasons I think.
    The donkeys in Spain might hear her voice and stampede into your home thinking it was one of their kind! biggrin.gif
    RTE would then have a lawsuit on their hands! eek.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Tuned in last night. As soon as I saw PJ Gallagher I turned off again. Nothing against him in particular although I don't find him particularly funny just the fact that it's the same faces every. ****ing. time. with these shows. You could nearly predict who is going to pop up on Kenny, tubridy, kennedy every week. Its such an incesteous (sp) pool of RTE semi-celebs.

About 10 "celebs" appearing on the main chat shows.

1. PJ Gallagher
    2. Jason Byrne
    3. Cecilia Aherne
    4. Pauline McGlynn
    5. Mario Rosenstock
    6. Any older female author whose written a ****ty book. i.e. Maeve Binchy
    7. Any one promoting a TV show i.e. Seoige
    8. Des Bishop and his effin immersion joke
    9. Dathi o shea the annoying spud munching culchie mother****er
    10. Any judge on a crapassed irish "search for talent" show. See no.9 for example.

Expect to see all judges from "Ireland got talent" on said shows in the near future.

11. Shane ****ing Lynch (see above. Honourary mention)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

mulphisto wrote: »
    Have a look at the end credits next time.
    Pretty sure it said that the two Gildeas (Kevin and the sister that was on the show) were the script writers.

This explains everything.
    Kevin Gildea only has to speak in order to hurt my ears - WHAT kind of accent is that?
    Anne Gildea - formerly of seriously unfunny "comedy" troupe, The Nualas.

Dudess wrote: »
    Kevin Gildea only has to speak in order to hurt my ears - WHAT kind of accent is that?
    Anne Gildea - formerly of seriously unfunny "comedy" troupe, The Nualas.

She had SCRIPTWRITERS?!eek.gif
    Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Heckler wrote: »
    Tuned in last night. As soon as I saw PJ Gallagher I turned off again. Nothing against him in particular although I don't find him particularly funny just the fact that it's the same faces every. ****ing. time. with these shows. You could nearly predict who is going to pop up on Kenny, tubridy, kennedy every week. Its such an incesteous (sp) pool of RTE semi-celebs.

About 10 "celebs" appearing on the main chat shows.

1. PJ Gallagher
    2. Jason Byrne
    3. Cecilia Aherne
    4. Pauline McGlynn
    5. Mario Rosenstock
    6. Any older female author whose written a ****ty book. i.e. Maeve Binchy
    7. Any one promoting a TV show i.e. Seoige
    8. Des Bishop and his effin immersion joke
    9. Dathi o shea the annoying spud munching culchie mother****er
    10. Any judge on a crapassed irish "search for talent" show. See no.9 for example.

Expect to see all judges from "Ireland got talent" on said shows in the near future.

11. Shane ****ing Lynch (see above. Honourary mention)

You forgot number 12 Tommy (The Tool) Tiernan.
    I would put on a bet that he will be on Kennedy in next couple of episodes.
    He jumps around like a monkey and she laughs like a donkey it will be like an episode of animal planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

Sam Kade wrote: »
    You forgot number 12 Tommy (The Tool) Tiernan.
    I would put on a bet that he will be on Kennedy in next couple of episodes.
    He jumps around like a monkey and she laughs like a donkey it will be like an episode of animal planet.

:D Well said!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

this thread has two of the best posts i have ever read on boards.ie, well done to the authors. If ye were presenting the show it would prob be better than the job she does of it.
    yamo wrote: »
    whoever edited that should immediately get the head of entertainment commissioning job in RTE.

And even that was about 90 seconds too long. she is like one of those overpreened, overbearing southside twits who base their standing in life on whether or not they got into the VIP area in Krystle on Saturday night. The kind that end up in their late thirties, drinking a bottle and a half of chateauneuf du pape before lunch in their large soulless house somewhere near the Merrion Centre before their adulterous husband comes home after another day working for Daddy.....
    zealberg wrote: »
    Where to begin...

This was a "no-one-cares-anymore" tv show

Upon viewing I immediatly vomited on the sofa; and subsequently was overcome by dark impulses which are best left undescribed.

Sadly the 'modus-operandi' reflected in this TV show is somewhat indicitative of the entire ZEITGEIST of this entire country.

We are a constipated nation, run by a pock-faced and pencil/brass necked elite whose anorexic ****headedness has prolapsed whatever germ of originality and creativity may have been left, post christian-brother buggary.

You could see she was in awe of Ryan Tubridy (in itself a damning indictment), who had a smug "i'm used to this sort of thing" veneer going on.

The comedians may have had 'current', forward-swept haircuts but even this could not detract from their brutality.

I felt like i was eating three weetabix with no milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Maybe I'm going against the grain here, but here's my 4 main points (some plus, some minus):

1) It was better than a lot of stuff on RTE
    2) The guests were FAR too incestuous, and was it REALLY her da on the piano ?
    3) While it was the cause of the odd cringe, it was strangely watchable and slightly quirky - a lot more than can be said for Dan & Becs or Kathryn Lynch or a lot of "comedy" that RTE puts on
    4) I still would ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    4) I still would ;)

ha ha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    4) I still would ;)

The same could be said for you and anything with a pulse though, yeah? ;)

As for comparing it to Dan and Becs - well it's not in the same category. Whatever about what you think of the two shows - Lucy Kennedy's chat show is light entertainment and Dan and Becs is comedy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    The same could be said for you and anything with a pulse though, yeah? ;)

Nice try!!! And I can 100%, undeniably and categorically say "Nope! You're wrong".

Then again, that "no" is facilitated because you said "anything with a pulse", which would include animals and men! :eek: :D

In all fairness, though - I've been known to have SOME standards, and sometimes they are reasonably high; there've only been a few WTFWITs. :D
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    As for comparing it to Dan and Becs - well it's not in the same category. Whatever about what you think of the two shows - Lucy Kennedy's chat show is light entertainment and Dan and Becs is comedy.

Wasn't really talking about categories - just that I stayed watching the LK show while I switched off D&B after 2 or 3 mins.

Wonder what Gaybo was like on his first ever LLS ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement