Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lucy Kennedy show!?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Lucy Kennedy is typical of the obnoxious bogger that you met back in college. The sort that thought she was a big deal in her village of ten people thought the rest of the world would think the same.
    She is unfunny, graceless and dumpy looking, How did she get all these gigs on RTE?

Is she not from Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

yes - her guests next week are those 2 buets 'colin and jim jim':o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

dodgyme wrote: »
    yes - her guests next week are those 2 buets 'colin and jim jim':o

The unholy trinity of RTE arseheads ..... all on one show? Surely this is an event that will herald the apocolypse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Pigman II wrote: »
    The unholy trinity of RTE arseheads ..... all on one show? Surely this is an event that will herald the apocolypse?

It really is a trio that would take some beating.
    Surely now a watertight legal defense to not paying your tv license. No judge in the country is going to convict when he is shown two minutes footage of this show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Any Lucy n fart jokes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Just like all Dub's.
    Wasnt she the straight man to two puppets

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

I know it's no reason to have your own show but I'd pump the clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

basquille wrote: »

I saw Ryan Tubridy in the background.. and I'm far from a fan but thought even he's too good for this.

I know, tragic!!

I mean, when she was interviewing Tubridy he totally stole her thunder, he was a far better guest than she was presenter, don't like tubridy either now, but yeah, he was too good for that. It was awful. Awful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Well I forgot about the show last Monday, but after all the complaining here I watched the repeat tonight.

By no means would I call it a great show, but it's not the worst I have seen either.

I really think the nerves got the better of her, and I am willing to give her time to settle in and see how the show goes.

Tubridy and PJ Gallagher did their best for her, but she didn't really ask any great questions or engage them in a way to make them interesting. Think she should scrap the chat with 3 'comedians' to allow more time for her future guests to shine.

Regardless of how interesting a guest she has in she will not be able to make the most of a guest as she does not have them on the show long enough.

She does need to ensure that her show guests are not just 'RTE Celebs' or it will fall flat on the face,but with this being Ireland, she will not have her pick of guests the way Jonathan Ross does, and will have to play 2nd fiddle to Late Late & Tubridy, so I think she may struggle.

To be honest I love using boards forums for lots of info, but I find that the TV forum is being destroyed by people who just bash RTE at every opportunity, and then go even further with the presenters, as in this thread.
    All in all, I have found the comments here by boarders to be insulting and far too personal. Calling her flat chested and a donkey etc, are not really mature levels of criticism are they?
    I would love to see some of the people who post here present a show, and realise it's no easy job.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lads by all means talk about the merits or problems about the show and and the presenter, but don't lower yourselves to personal insults about the presenter herself just because you don't like her. I've deleted some posts from this thread for this reason. Some of the comments are just nasty for the sake of being nasty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i don't why she was nervous shes being doing various tv presenting for years, she basically seemed to be apologising for the show the whole time inviting tubridy on to father her in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Another example of the feeding-trough of nepotism that exists in RTE.
    Tubridy,Ryan,Seoiges and now yer one Kennedy.
    It'd literally drive you to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

The allegation against Tubridy with his family connections to former Corporate Rte staff & former Rte presenter Eamon Andrews I understand (I dont agree with them, but I understand how they could be made) , but how is Lucy Kennedy a product of nepotism? I don't recall her composer father ever having any position of commissioning authority in Rte.

Am I missing something? If I am , I apologise, but if I'm not, shouldn't we focus on what's actually wrong with the programme?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

shouldn't we focus on what's actually wrong with the programme?

O okay then.
    Its a load of typical RTE garbage with an incredibly annoying,talentless presenter.
    Is that better?

What can i say except "eep!"
    Haven't seen show, won't see show.
    But the "chest failure" comment?
    *metaphorically punches poster giving a black eye*

Degsy wrote: »
    O okay then.
    Its a load of typical RTE garbage with an incredibly annoying,talentless presenter.
    Is that better?

Yes. Thank you.

See? Isn't it better to focus on the truth? There's plenty of reasons not to like the programme without making ones up.

Thing is he wasn't making it up. She's got to be pulling someones pud to be where she is cos it certainly not down to her looks, charm or personality - unless someone in RTE got survey results that indicated the Irish viewing public want more useless, tinheaded oompa-loompas on their tv screens rather than less of them. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

Ok seriously who EVER thought this would be a good idea.

I just watched the show on the the RTE website, and dear god she is awful.

She actually is incapable of interviewing people.....

Thing is he wasn't making it up. She's got to be pulling someones pud to be where she is cos it certainly not down to her looks, charm or personality - unless someone in RTE got survey results that indicated the Irish viewing public want more useless, tinheaded oompa-loompas on their tv screens rather than less of them. :confused:

Dont get me wrong. I think she's completely undeserving of a job on the airwaves, purely through her obvious lack of ability, however, Degsy said she had the job because of nepotism.

Now I dont want to cause alarm, but if your idea of nepotism is pulling someone's pud, your family have been telling you some creepy-ass lies. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Kat Slater

I think a lot of people in RTE are living in cloud cuckoo land if they think presenters like Lucy Kennedy have any talent or appeal to the average viewer. Nothing against her personally but as a TV presenter she is totally unfunny and charmless.

RTE smacks of laziness and being out of touch with viewers tastes.... a fair few of the presenters are useless and it smacks of who you know rather than talent. RTE has always been full of nepotism. I wouldn't mind it that resulted in talented people but it usually doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

For the record, Nepotism (From the Latin nepōtem , from where we also get the word Nephew) means patronage bestowed or favouritism shown on the basis of family relationship, as in business and politics, e.g : She was accused of nepotism when she made her nephew an officer of the firm.

As Lucy Kennedy didn't get the job from anyone in her family, I Think the word y'all are searching for is Gobshítery. e.g : Rte continuously engage in the Gobshítery of repeatedly giving presenting gigs to clearly untalented people apparently on the basis that they are already Rte employees, and happened to be in the canteen around the time the programme was being made .

Now I dont want to cause alarm, but if your idea of nepotism is pulling someone's pud, your family have been telling you some creepy-ass lies. :D

I'm not making any connection between her position and nepotism - as there's no evidence to suggest such. But I am saying that she's not where she is because of talent.

The fact that you equate nepotism and sex says more about your creepy-ass upbringing than mine, not that I want to cause alarm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

As I said, I watched a bit of this and while I wouldn't be staying in to watch it, it's a lot better than most of RTE's more recent ideas.....just below the standard of "watchable", but with something quirky enough to make you not completely want to switch away.

But otherwise, the non-personal comments posted so far are fairly right; it's poor.

We are talking about the station that gave TV shows to Gerry Ryan and "Colm & Jim-Jim", though....so what do you expect ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

I'm not making any connection between her position and nepotism - as there's no evidence to suggest such.

You were, actually, albeit indirectly - Degsy said she had the job because of nepotism, Bond Villain said that Degsy should concentrate on the real reasons why the show was bad, and not go making that up, and you said Degsy Wasn't making it up.

The fact that you equate nepotism and sex says more about your creepy-ass upbringing than mine, not that I want to cause alarm.

Erm, that was you as well.... Here it is in direct relation to the Nepotism reference :
    Pigman II wrote:
    Thing is he wasn't making it up. She's got to be pulling someones pud to be where she is

Did you genuinely miss the references, or are you just in "not taking a joke" form? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Kat Slater

As Lucy Kennedy didn't get the job from anyone in her family, I Think the word y'all are searching for is Gobshítery. e.g : Rte continuously engage in the Gobshítery of repeatedly giving presenting gigs to clearly untalented people apparently on the basis that they are already Rte employees, and happened to be in the canteen around the time the programme was being made .

Thank you, that's the word I was looking for. It's all who you know in Montrose.

2fivers wrote: »
    You were, actually, albeit indirectly - Degsy said she had the job because of nepotism, Bond Villain said that Degsy should concentrate on the real reasons why the show was bad, and not go making that up, and you said Degsy Wasn't making it up.

Erm, that was you as well.... Here it is in direct relation to the Nepotism reference :

Did you genuinely miss the references, or are you just in "not taking a joke" form? :D

Was I *actually*? Key bit in bold. Incorrectly infer what you wish. I was not implying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

"Not taking a joke form" it is then.

Never mind. I'll be off.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭tintin67

yamo wrote: »
    whoever edited that should immediately get the head of entertainment commissioning job in RTE.

And even that was about 90 seconds too long. she is like one of those overpreened, overbearing southside twits who base their standing in life on whether or not they got into the VIP area in Krystle on Saturday night. The kind that end up in their late thirties, drinking a bottle and a half of chateauneuf du pape before lunch in their large soulless house somewhere near the Merrion Centre before their adulterous husband comes home after another day working for Daddy.....

I think you'll find there are very few 'soulless houses' around the Merrion Centre. You're probably confusing it with somewhere in Meath. And even if the house happened to be soulless, it would have probably been given some soul by one of those RTE makeover shows at this stage. And featured with the happily married smiling couple in the Sunday Independent Life magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Elmo wrote: »
    Is she not from Dublin?

I thought she was from Killiney, no? Hardly bogger. I also think she has an English mother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭tintin67

Koloman wrote: »
    I also think she has an English mother.

Damned for life. Take her off Irish television NOW!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement