Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lucy Kennedy show!?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Liam Byrne wrote: »

Wonder what Gaybo was like on his first ever LLS ?

He may not have been 100% polished
    but I bet he wasnt like this either:
    A national treasure if ever there was one:

1.God my 500th post was about that bint :(
    2.God ive 500 posts, when that happen, need to get out more :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

To be fair, that's not a clip from the show in question.

Also, Gaybo would have had an ACTUAL celebrity to work with, not a son of one who's actually a nobody himself but has been hyped up as a somebody by tabloid TV.

To be fair, that's not a clip from the show in question.

Also, Gaybo would have had an ACTUAL celebrity to work with, not a son of one who's actually a nobody himself but has been hyped up as a somebody by tabloid TV.

No, it was humour, and a dam good go at it too, even if i say so myself!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lostdoggy999

elshambo wrote: »
    Seeing as i started the thread i thought it would be rude not to turn it on;)
    I lasted 2 mins, same sh*t different shovel

Who were the comedians?
    The guy from the kit kat add is actually funny if you see him live

If they were all doing xmas stuff it was probably under orders
    Suprissed they didnt just tell RTE to fu*k off

Guess Bill Hicks was right, once you do an advert you sell your soul:D

That's mad, I just seen this guy in the comedy club in the international bar earlier tonight and he was hillarious. I saw him do the support of podge and rodge in Vicar St and he blew them off the stage. The mad thing is, someone in the audience was heckling about being in the kitkat adverts and he took it really well, he came back with some very quick putdowns. How mad is that? I want a bobble head Ray please.
    I also found some of the ads on youtube and they are funny as fuk
    here they are
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=dLXU0k82xDQ
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=8uYTbYUnICE
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=9uzO82Ko-Hc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

spadder wrote: »
    I’m not great with maths, but how many permutations could there be of every minor Rte celebrity interviewing each other on their own chat show?

N *(N-1) / 2, where N = the number of minor rte celebs :)

For 10 "celebs" (ahem), that would be 45 different interviews, at 15 mins a pop that would be 11¼ hours of ..err..quality programming:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 johnfurlongfrom

Yakuza wrote: »
    N *(N-1) / 2, where N = the number of minor rte celebs :)

For 10 "celebs" (ahem), that would be 45 different interviews, at 15 mins a pop that would be 11¼ hours of ..err..quality programming:eek:

wow, my head hurts trying to do those numbers. how are you so brain active right now? Ouch!....but yes I agree rte minions getting to chat to each other. If I paid a licence fee I would go berserk, but I don't, so I won't.

I see it's online now, I will give it a watch and see do my vodka eyes make it a good show.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/lucykennedy/archive.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

spadder wrote: »
    I’m not great with maths, but how many permutations could there be of every minor Rte celebrity interviewing each other on their own chat show?

enough to fill a schedule?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

She has a failure of a chest

Huh?
    no personality , no humour and I would give her about a year.

It's a 5 show pilot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Pianist2891

Cross post this thread to my blog?

IT would be cheaper for RTE to just put a 24 hour camera in the canteen, its not as if we get anything other than RTE morons interviewing each other and the general back slapping mediocre garbage! Tubridy, Kenny, Ryan, Flood, Morahan, Courtney, Ormond, and now the dumbest person to grace our screens - Lucy! Barf barf barf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

we asked for pilots and now there using, the its only pilot excuse.... for everything , 5 shows is not a pilot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

ah now they using, the its only pilot excuse.... for everything , 5 shows is not a pilot.
    its just an orange stick to beat us with

Is it a rip off of Alan Partridge.

That's mad, I just seen this guy in the comedy club in the international bar earlier tonight and he was hillarious. I saw him do the support of podge and rodge in Vicar St and he blew them off the stage. The mad thing is, someone in the audience was heckling about being in the kitkat adverts and he took it really well, he came back with some very quick putdowns. How mad is that? I want a bobble head Ray please.
    I also found some of the ads on youtube and they are funny as fuk
    here they are
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=dLXU0k82xDQ
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=8uYTbYUnICE
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=9uzO82Ko-Hc

That mad alright paddy!:eek:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 zealberg

there was a script?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I really didn't see a point to her show. Tubridy is on the tele every Sat night and the radio every day - is there any need to interview him? And the 4 goons sitting around the table - again was there a point? Did i detect some humour there? - no! I won't be watching again.
    I'm sure she's a nice girl, but she's got no talent as regards television presenting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

Jesus.

Ryan Tubridy has a slot on Rté where he interviews Gerry Ryan.
    Gerry Ryan has a slot on Rté where he interviews Blaithnaid Ni Choifaigh.
    Blaithnaid Ni Choifaigh has a slot on Rté where she interviews Grainne Seoige.
    Grainne Seoige has a slot on Rté where she interviews that chap off the National lottery farce who looks a bit like Dermot O Leary.
    That chap off the National lottery farce who looks a bit like Dermot O Leary has a slot on Rté where he interviews Lucy Kennedy, now,
    Lucy Kennedy has a slot on Rté where she'll interview Ryan Tubridy.

Of course we need another chat show presented by another Rté loose end. It's vital we know what the Rté staff do in the hour or so per week that they arent interviewing each other.

This should be printed out and sent to Rte by everyone in the country every day until the hurt stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Heckler wrote: »
    Tuned in last night. As soon as I saw PJ Gallagher I turned off again. Nothing against him in particular although I don't find him particularly funny just the fact that it's the same faces every. ****ing. time. with these shows. You could nearly predict who is going to pop up on Kenny, tubridy, kennedy every week. Its such an incesteous (sp) pool of RTE semi-celebs.

About 10 "celebs" appearing on the main chat shows.

1. PJ Gallagher
    2. Jason Byrne
    3. Cecilia Aherne
    4. Pauline McGlynn
    5. Mario Rosenstock
    6. Any older female author whose written a ****ty book. i.e. Maeve Binchy
    7. Any one promoting a TV show i.e. Seoige
    8. Des Bishop and his effin immersion joke
    9. Dathi o shea the annoying spud munching culchie mother****er
    10. Any judge on a crapassed irish "search for talent" show. See no.9 for example.

Expect to see all judges from "Ireland got talent" on said shows in the near future.

11. Shane ****ing Lynch (see above. Honourary mention)

Let's not forget the ever "entertaining" :rolleyes: Brendan O'Carroll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I've a question. When Ryan Tubridy (or any of the others mentioned above) are "guests" on a show like this, are they "working" and therefore paid ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I've a question. When Ryan Tubridy (or any of the others mentioned above) are "guests" on a show like this, are they "working" and therefore paid ?
    Doubt it. RTE's cost cutting/lazy measures are killing its viewers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mcscrub

wow, my head hurts trying to do those numbers. how are you so brain active right now? Ouch!....but yes I agree rte minions getting to chat to each other. If I paid a licence fee I would go berserk, but I don't, so I won't.

I see it's online now, I will give it a watch and see do my vodka eyes make it a good show.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/lucykennedy/archive.html

I haven't seen it yet.... and guess what, it seems like it's no longer available! From what I've read on this forum though, it doesn't seem like a major loss!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

i think lucy is getting a hard time on here, i quite like her. at least she natural in front of the camera. ya ok the show the other night was a bit dodgy but she just seemed nervous. and as for that pj gallagher, so bloody annoying jeezus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭ben bedlam

Shane10 wrote: »
    i think lucy is getting a hard time on here, i quite like her. at least she natural in front of the camera. ya ok the show the other night was a bit dodgy but she just seemed nervous. and as for that pj gallagher, so bloody annoying jeezus.

WTF? A 'natural'? Lucy Kennedy has all the stage presence of a tangoed Pat Kenny. That coupled with her man voice and witch cackle is unbearable. There is nothing in any way appealing about her as a female tv presenter. Look at some British counterparts: female presenters like Holly Willoghby have style, grace and likeability, everything a presenter should have. RTE somehow seem content in rewarding mediocrity. Whats next- Lucy Kennedy doing the Late Late?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

ben bedlam wrote: »
    Whats next- Lucy Kennedy doing the Late Late?

Or the Six One news. She could talk about farts with Dobbo.

Natural me arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

WTF? A 'natural'? Lucy Kennedy has all the stage presence of a tangoed Pat Kenny. That coupled with her man voice and witch cackle is unbearable. There is nothing in any way appealing about her as a female tv presenter. Look at some British counterparts: female presenters like Holly Willoghby have style, grace and likeability, everything a presenter should have. RTE somehow seem content in rewarding mediocrity. Whats next- Lucy Kennedy doing the Late Late?

HOLLY WILLOGHBY????? Xtra factor presenter???? God you could have choosen anyone, and you went with Holly Willoghby????? (I hope she is the person I am thinking of) Annoying girl.

As for Lucy Kennedy :( This is RTÉ's version of Lily Allen's BBC THREE show. :eek: Why bother? Oh look I am on a couch and I am flurtasious, If Lily Allen's show wasn't bad enough.

Elmo wrote: »
    HOLLY WILLOGHBY????? Xtra factor presenter???? God you could have choosen anyone, and you went with Holly Willoghby????? (I hope she is the person I am thinking of) Annoying girl.

As for Lucy Kennedy :( This is RTÉ's version of Lily Allen's BBC THREE show. :eek: Why bother? Oh look I am on a couch and I am flurtasious, If Lily Allen's show wasn't bad enough.

It was just an example of how most female presenters in other countries wheter you personally like them or not, are more graceful and competent

holly is a babe but its not a competition. im willing to give lucy some time to see how it goes.

It was just an example of how most female presenters in other countries wheter you personally like them or not, are more graceful and competent

Holly Willoghby is a fake, perhaps she suits Xtra Factor but is is dreadful as was the original host of XFactor how always seem to run people of the stage and had no time for the contestants IMO.

Holly Willoghby is anything but stylish, gracful or likeable. She is more stlyed, nicey-nicey and annoying. Sorry, IMO.

But you are right there are better presenters out there then Lusy Kennedy. But the show like all RTÉ Entertainment show falls flat due to lack of research, writting and proper guests.

The Cafe is better then this late night chat show.

Holly Willoghby is a fake, perhaps she suits Xtra Factor but is is dreadful as was the original host of XFactor how always seem to run people of the stage and had no time for the contestants IMO.

Holly Willoghby is anything but stylish, gracful or likeable. She is more stlyed, nicey-nicey and annoying. Sorry, IMO.

But you are right there are better presenters out there then Lusy Kennedy. But the show like all RTÉ Entertainment show falls flat due to lack of research, writting and proper guests.

oh dont get me started on that aiden power, such a ......................

Easy now. I dont even consider that a show

Easy now. I dont even consider that a show

I did say that the cafe is even better then Lucy. I wasn't suggesting that the cafe is good.

• Advertisement

I did say that the cafe is even better then Lucy. I wasn't suggesting that the cafe is good.

maybe if laura came back and power was ran outa RTE.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement