Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lucy Kennedy show!?

Options
  • 04-01-2009 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭

There are 4 questions, i will ask the 3 polite one's: :p

Q, WHY?:eek:
    Q, Who is this talentless unfunny charmless gormless bint related to?
    Q, Why is Television (Britain as well) so full of said charmless gormless bint types? (both male and female):(

The very first time i saw her on Podge and Rodge i knew she was being groomed for "greatness"
    The advert for it!?
    Gift of the gab? Surely these people know she can barly string 4 words together without boring people to tears, she has absolutely no timing

BTW I have nothing against her, its not her who is employing her, she is dead right to take the jobs given to her (given being the key word!)

If any politician is out there, attacking the smug rubbishness of RTE is a certain vote getter!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

You know the way RTE television blatantly copy BBC/ITV/CH4 and avoid all traces of originality because it's run by gormless civil servants who cannot think differently?
    Well Lucy Kennedy is supposed to be our answer to Davina McCall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Nolanger wrote: »
    You know the way RTE television blatantly copy BBC/ITV/CH4 and avoid all traces of originality because it's run by gormless civil servants who cannot think differently?

And she would be; if we lived in "the opposite dimension" dum dum err dum

• Registered Users Posts: 17,329 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Only more annoying.:D

She has a cackle that would curdle milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

My manflu has just gotten worse.

Say it aint true:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I cringed hard when I saw the ad for this. Kennedy is a talentless tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Anyone remember a few years ago that lad from the panel Colm whatever had a show that was a complete rip off of the Daily Show in America. Even the sequence in which the sketches were put out was the same...cowboys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Anyone remember a few years ago that lad from the panel Colm whatever had a show that was a complete rip off of the Daily Show in America. Even the sequence in which the sketches were put out was the same...cowboys!
    Colin Murphy - Blizard of Odd?????

She brings the word cringe into a whole new dimension. Somebody important at RTE is definitely ridin' her. There is no other plausible reason for this madness.

The only original piece of piece of programming RTE ever made was Mart & Market with livestock prices from the Marts around the country.

An ideal revival for Lucy's unique skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭LovetohateTV

I saw here with Calum Best called living with Lucy i think!..anyway she was a complete waste of space and as you all say, she has zero talent for this kind of work. I really cant believe someone like her can get a job on television and i know so many girls just like her who try to be miss popular but really everyone dislikes them underneath it all. She is fake as hell but hides it well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

Grainne Seoige has been getting on my nerves too lately, she never seems to come across sincere and is applying too much make up! Her sister out shines her

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

A national treasure if ever there was one:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

lucy kennedy is casual, sitting feet up on the big sofa...

lucy kennedy is wacky, several photos of her making stupid faces behind the sofa, who put puts up photos of themselves???

lucy kennedy is interviewing tubridy , more rte incest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

A national treasure if ever there was one:

she could so bring back emu lol

and co-hosting Podge & Rodge has given her all the street credibility of Charlie Bird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Wompa1 wrote: »

it was X-it file, and they stole Jay Leno jokes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Jesus.

Ryan Tubridy has a slot on Rté where he interviews Gerry Ryan.
    Gerry Ryan has a slot on Rté where he interviews Blaithnaid Ni Choifaigh.
    Blaithnaid Ni Choifaigh has a slot on Rté where she interviews Grainne Seoige.
    Grainne Seoige has a slot on Rté where she interviews that chap off the National lottery farce who looks a bit like Dermot O Leary.
    That chap off the National lottery farce who looks a bit like Dermot O Leary has a slot on Rté where he interviews Lucy Kennedy, now,
    Lucy Kennedy has a slot on Rté where she'll interview Ryan Tubridy.

Of course we need another chat show presented by another Rté loose end. It's vital we know what the Rté staff do in the hour or so per week that they arent interviewing each other.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Jesus.

Grainne Seoige has a slot on Rté where she interviews that chap off the National lottery farce who looks a bit like Dermot O Leary.
    That chap off the National lottery farce who looks a bit like Dermot O Leary has a slot on Rté where he interviews Lucy Kennedy, now,

Of course we need another chat show presented by another Rté loose end. It's vital we know what the Rté staff do in the hour or so per week that they arent interviewing each other.

my god. im paying for that? i honestly never knew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Jesus.

The AD for it now makes sence, she is going to be interviewing RTE types,
    they might change that when they get loads of abuse cause as said above we dont care!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭yamo

whoever edited that should immediately get the head of entertainment commissioning job in RTE.

And even that was about 90 seconds too long. she is like one of those overpreened, overbearing southside twits who base their standing in life on whether or not they got into the VIP area in Krystle on Saturday night. The kind that end up in their late thirties, drinking a bottle and a half of chateauneuf du pape before lunch in their large soulless house somewhere near the Merrion Centre before their adulterous husband comes home after another day working for Daddy.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,804 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I watched 3 minutes of the show after the commercial break half-way through.. and that was enough!

3 absolutely horrific comedians (the only one I recognised was the small guy used in the Kit-Kat ads that air during Prison Break.. who was the best of the 3 in fairness, but far from great) using lazy comedy about how bad their Christmas was.

I saw Ryan Tubridy in the background.. and I'm far from a fan but thought even he's too good for this.

well done RTÉ on giving your most untalented "presenter" her own show...

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

yamo wrote: »
    whoever edited that should immediately get the head of entertainment commissioning job in RTE.

And even that was about 90 seconds too long. she is like one of those overpreened, overbearing southside twits who base their standing in life on whether or not they got into the VIP area in Krystle on Saturday night. The kind that end up in their late thirties, drinking a bottle and a half of chateauneuf du pape before lunch in their large soulless house somewhere near the Merrion Centre before their adulterous husband comes home after another day working for Daddy.....

this is the best post i've ever read !!!!
    well done sir.....well done !!!!

She is worse than Seoige.

I didnt think that was possible

I saw Twink on Podge and Rodge - and Im not a Twink fan - but she is in a different league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

yamo wrote: »

Tell us what you really think..............

I have to hand it to Tubridy, he managed to pull off being both an absolute bollix and a nice guy within the space of two or three minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I was wondering how long she could go without doing her donkey laugh; I think she lasted 7 minutes. Why were Tubridy and that fool from naked camera jumping around like 2 year olds on the sofa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gingerbox

ya can't be calling pj a fool.....feel free to attack all the other numpties though.....those comedians talking about christmas was just so ****e.....they're proof that if you hang around rte doing warm up long enough you will end up on telly....obviously the rte bods are watching bbc3, show is a diluted version of the lily allen show.....ooohhhh edgy......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭ben bedlam

I think its weird that in America where you have vicious battles for tv ratings, you will still see on chat shows like the Tonight Show and Letterman, actors etc. from other tv stations promoting their shows. Here however, RTE vehemently refuse to give airtime to anyone from another tv station other than RTE themselves. For example, we didnt see Bill Cullen promoting the apprentice or Paul Williams promoting Dirty Money, both good TV3 shows, on RTE but we did see aholes like Colm and Jim Jim telling us how great their gameshow would be on Tubridy. It seems every time before theres a new show on RTE, its 'stars' get interviewed on what a brilliant show it is. No wonder all RTE presented have an inflated sense of ego and importance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 zealberg

Where to begin...

This was a "no-one-cares-anymore" tv show

Upon viewing I immediatly vomited on the sofa; and subsequently was overcome by dark impulses which are best left undescribed.

Sadly the 'modus-operandi' reflected in this TV show is somewhat indicitative of the entire ZEITGEIST of this entire country.

We are a constipated nation, run by a pock-faced and pencil/brass necked elite whose anorexic ****headedness has prolapsed whatever germ of originality and creativity may have been left, post christian-brother buggary.

You could see she was in awe of Ryan Tubridy (in itself a damning indictment), who had a smug "i'm used to this sort of thing" veneer going on.

The comedians may have had 'current', forward-swept haircuts but even this could not detract from their brutality.

I felt like i was eating three weetabix with no milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Jesus.

I’m not great with maths, but how many permutations could there be of every minor Rte celebrity interviewing each other on their own chat show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,329 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Once I saw the first segment of the show was one RTE employee interviewing another RTE employee as per bloody usual then I knew it would be the same old muck served up slightly reheated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement