Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - January 2009

Options

Comments

A 4 wheel drive.
    I have to say that the change in scenery once you get above the snow line and the rain/sleet turns to wet snow first and then very dry snow and you turn a corner up a bit more and it is settling just more and more as you drive up untill it looks like lap land is nature at it's very best and just beautifull.
    The jeep temp said 0c

Current temp here at home is 2.7c

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Lived in the hills above Lacken many years ago and remember getting snow every year, serious dumpings ! Here in Waterford its a bit of wet slush every 2 or 3 years, I miss it so much ! I've even gone as far as driving up to Mt Leinster (hours drive!) in search of snow! Am I sane?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭arctictree

Well done BB, sounds like you had some fun! Its amazing how sharp the snow line can be. Very unlucky here this time, only a couple of hundred feet below it. I think there will definitely be a snow event here this year. A few near misses so far. 1.1c here ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Anyone up Kippure today or even the Gap? What were conditions like?

I have to go to nearby tomorrow and might head up the military road for a photos or has it rained up there and cleared the snow??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Ah i'd love to have the mountains just a small drive up the road, you are a lucky man BB!!

Although i do always believe that their is a special something about having snow in your home place, there is for me anyway, i wonder one day will it happen? Blizzards and a few feet of snow drifts. Ah tis but a dream.:pac:

Rain cleared, some showers moving in from the west on the latest radar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Villain wrote: »
    Anyone up Kippure today or even the Gap? What were conditions like?

I have to go to nearby tomorrow and might head up the military road for a photos or has it rained up there and cleared the snow??

I took a spin along the military road today and nearly all the snow has gone. Kippure is sparce also. The previous nights rain unfortunately washed it all away!

Cheers BoardRanger, I wonder if this evening's rain fell as snow up there?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Although i do always believe that their is a special something about having snow in your home place, there is for me anyway, i wonder one day will it happen?

thats the way i feel too, its never as good when its not at home, I remember been in London one winter seein alot of snow one day and I didnt get one bit excited just kept wishing it was falling at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

Cold, 0c sleety rain, no wind. Quite Irish weather here at the moment! To get colder middle of next week. On the plus side im off skiing this weekend so that will cheer me up! Will let you know what the alps are like. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Villain wrote: »
    Cheers BoardRanger, I wonder if this evening's rain fell as snow up there?

From a distance, it looks as if there was another light dusting up there last night. Not alot, but worth a drive id say!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fine morning all round.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Very heavy hail at the moment, and its pretty dark!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Beautiful day here today.
    Pretty much clear skies throughout. Was out jogging around Varty and could see that Djouce got a little snow top up from the rain yesterday but only above 600 metres i'd guess.
    Currently 3.9°C, probably going to be penetrating frost tonight as there's a slight breeze.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Sunny all day, 7.9C max
    Cool and clear now.
    3C with slight grass frost.
    There is a stiff WSW breeze which will prevent an air frost if it keeps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Was a beautiful clear sunny day in Waterford, not a cloud in the sky. Its 0.2c here at the mo and dropping, so icy roads for the commute in the morning.

Currently -0.2C here, a bit of precip would be nice, i'd like a walk in the mountains.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Still a bit of a breeze but temperature is going to prove me wrong by dipping sub zero later.
    1.4C atm, but twice this evening down to +0.2C

-0.8°C here MM and a light breeze, ground like concrete.

0C and calm very calm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

-1.1c here and all calm also

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Just had a shower of rain here.

Min -1C, grass min -6C
    1C atm with high thin layer stratus and there is a slight thaw in the frost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

hey guys we just had a heavy shower of snow for a bout 10 min, stuck to grass and cars, but is slowly melting away, :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Where are you Tony?

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Where are you Tony?
    Looking at the radar, I'd say Tony is in east Limerick area

Here, despite the thin layer of cloud, temp has dropped to zero in a slight WSW breeze

2.9c
    west 3mph
    sunny

Fine morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Hail and Sleet showers

Clouded over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,690 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It has clouded over and the wind has picked up. Current temperature is 5.1c. So I doubt we'll even see sleet here but hopefully some parts of the north and east get to see some snow from this.

Advertisement