Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - January 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dull, wind picking up, will be raining any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Damp drizzly evening, just 4.6mm rain today here.
    Hopefully the snow hasnt been nuked from the warm air blast and its retopped up over the next few days..I wanna go hiking and get some pictures.
    Current temp 6.7°C

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Murky mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Showers 12 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

8.2mm of rain yesterday (Wed) and today so far 1.5mm and still raining.

Pressure currently 961.1mb, dropping -2.2mb/hr, temp 7.6c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

wind starting to pick up here in the last 20 mins or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Getting really stormy in Achill with the last hour or so.

Sounds like it's going to be a bad night.

Wind is really picking up here now, some very strong gusts.

Dry clear morning, not windy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Some showers here this morning. 3.1C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭arctictree

Lovely clear morning here. Not a cloud in the sky. Bit chilly and breezy though. 3.3c.

There is still snow on the mountaintops which is amazing after all the rain yesterday.

A

arctictree wrote: »
    Lovely clear morning here. Not a cloud in the sky. Bit chilly and breezy though. 3.3c.

There is still snow on the mountaintops which is amazing after all the rain yesterday.

A

Was just about to post the same!, its a stunner of a day, January mornings don't get any better than this :)
    Currently 5.0°C and rising, dew point above zero, any precip gonna be rain or maybe hail here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,699 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

an extremely heavy hail shower now. it would be gas if it turned to snow.

there are now bits of sleet and wet snow in it. wow and the temperature had dropped by 2 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,699 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

fully wet snow now. well this wasn't forecast for today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cold and cloudy here, had a rain shower about 30 mins ago, 6C

recent snow reported again at Knock Airport

Very dark here, cool 4.7°C after a lovely start to the day.
    Dew point just below zero but no doubt it would rise in any precip so not much chance of snow.
    That said higher mountains have still got plenty of snow on them and should get a nice topup from any precip as its probably just cold enough for snow a bit higher up.

Dull as ditchwater here with very light rain
    Air 4.8c
    DP 2.5c
    Could see lug still covered in snow today despite last nights rain.
    There was also still snow on a very foggy military road last night on the hill at it's highest points.

Light drizzle here, +3.0c. I wonder if it will get any colder?

3.4°C here with a dewpoint of 2.2°C !!
    I guess its probably snowing above 700 metres or so. A trip to Lug tomorrow may be in order :)

Rain here, 4.6c

• Advertisement

Quietly clouded over, then rain. Chilly

Very wet sleet here. +2.6c. The mountains here must be getting a pasting again.

I just drove out here from arklow in heavy sleet also.
    Will drive up to above 1000ft in the croghan area and let ye know what it's doing.

Temp 2.4°, Dew 1.3°C agggrrrhhh!!

The mountains are getting pasted no question, its snowed at warmer than this here but that dew point means its altitude only places tonight :(

BB ya lunatic..fair play - wish i was with ye up there hehe!!, should be "interesting" conditions up there atm!!
    I'm going mountain walking tomorrow should be alpine above about 600 metres :D

Temp dropping, 2.4c. This could turn to snow...

arctictree wrote: »
    Temp dropping, 2.4c. This could turn to snow...

It might at the back as the cold front passes. Any showers that pass should be wintry after that, radar looks good.
    We might see something Arctictree but its totally random..very hard to forecast.
    Mountains will be white again tomorrow morning for sure..i'm going to the snow if it doesnt come to me :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

3.6c here with DP 2.0c. Drizzly.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Its great, I thought I was the only mad eejit wishing for snow !:D I take it I'm not alone then woo-hoo ! Went up the Comeraghs Tuesday night and got my first fix of some nice crunchy snow. I think its the vehicles eerie loss of traction that I love, that moment when you wonder if you've gone too far...... Is my little Lidl weather station worth a mention? Its 4.1c at the mo.....

Woo hooo \o/
    The gate to the mountain was open so we drove right up to about 1500ft in what I can only describe as a blizzard-slipping slithering and sliding but we made it :D
    The sleet turned to snow at almost exactly 1000ft asl and the snow started to stick at about 1200ft or so.
    Completely fresh stuff with the tree's branches weighted down with the stuff.
    There was about 3 inches or so with that beautifull crunch under the feet as you walk in it.

Well worth the 15 minute drive :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Sound lovely Black Briar ! Was it a 2 or 4 wheel drive vehicle?

Advertisement