Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - January 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fine cold morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

sillybird wrote: »
    Heavy snow shower in Galway at mo current temp 2.5 deg. Doesn't seem to be sticking

That's good news that it is snowing in Galway gives us in the east a decent shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Dry and v cold here.
    Weather warnings coming thick and fast now for heavy snow in Northern Ireland. Both beeb and meto have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,699 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

sleety snow here. even it turned fully to snow it wouldn't stick. still there always thurdays significant snowfall to look forward to. i wonder have met eireann rowed back on that one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Indecisive report on http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp for Ballyhaise at 10 - weather is described as PRECIPITATION!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

That's good news that it is snowing in Galway gives us in the east a decent shot.

Seems to be alternating between sleet/snow more sleet at the mo :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Loads of snow here in Leitrim :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

absolutely lashing with rain in Sligo for the last 3 hours now.

If all that had been snow, there would be a national emergency :D

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Snowing in Kells for the last half hour or so and sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

andrewie wrote: »
    Snowing in Kells for the last half hour or so and sticking.

Nice thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Seems to of just snowed some more of kippure.
    There was a white haze and the mountains disapeared for some time and when they reapeared the snow line was lower.
    Kippure is just compleatly white, stunning looking.

Hoping for the snow to head in my direction.

Edit: WE HAVE SLEET! :D

Seems to be turning into snow too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Sleety rain in Glasnevin now.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

Sleet/snow in Blanch

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sleet here too. 3.1c DP -0.6c

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

Sleet/Snow here in Coolock its getting heavyish

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

More snowy than sleety here now. Temp is falling, 2.5c, but DP rising, 0.7c. Looking at the radar sequence there is the usual fizzling out and ppn moves east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Urinating down in Dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Heavy snow here now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

chris2007 wrote: »
    Sleet/Snow here in Coolock its getting heavyish

its the same down the road in raheny

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

crappy rain now, no sleet in D15, is this the end of the "big snow event" for D15???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Lashing rain here. Horrible day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Why all rain today and much more snow yesterday??
    I thought uppers looked colder today.
    Looks like we'll have to wait and see what Thurs / Fri bring. Ah well looks like cold zonal is a bit of a letdown
    You would think Met Eireann would adjust their forecast accordingly i.e rain with sleet for hills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

You would think Met Eireann would adjust their forecast accordingly i.e rain with sleet for hills
    Cold and blustery this afternoon, with bright spells and wintry showers of hail, sleet and snow with some accumulations in places especially on higher ground

Met Eireann's motto - 'CYA' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Terrible driving conditions out there, drizzly rain. Looks like a cold one tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cold drizzly rain. Loads of snow on the mountains, snowline about 350 metres i'd guess. Very white above about 500 metres. Should be nice deep snow there.
    Had a dusting of snow here this morning which made for a slow drive into work.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Saw the snow on the mountains today from a distance. Not somewhere to drive the next few days I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I heard the Sally Gap was inpassable today and probably still is. From what I could see earlier there was still a large area of snow cover on them there hills. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,699 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A light and brief snow showers just passed through. Every bit of it stuck. The same old story; once the temperatures are cold enough at the right level there is sod all precipitation left to fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Inch of snow overnight, now raining though. Oddly easterly wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 gowayyalanger

Very icy roads here in Donegal. Just been given a second snow day in succession. Can't remember last time that happened.

Advertisement