Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - January 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Timistry

We had a few good heavy showers of snow from 7am till around 8.30 am this morning. After that it cleared up for a while, untill around 1pm, very strong winds and lashing rain started sweeping in. All the snow that was lowlying is melted, but higher ground still has snow, (Kerry1960 looks like he is well covered in sneachta). The reeks look amazing, i wish i could take a day off and go hiking.

What part of Kerry are you in mate?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

CianRyan wrote: »
    Its just started raining here.
    Damn it!!

I think it might be raining here too (sleety)!:( Just can't see lampost atm. Wind has picked up - temp and DPs on the rise. 2.7c DP 0.6c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

2C - raining and windy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,699 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

frig it the sleet just won't turn to snow:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Tralee showers of hailstone 4 degrees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Light snow here in Annamoe :)
    DP at -0.2 and rising is marginal, will probably be rain shortly. Was -2°C only an hour ago :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Getting heavier , temperature and DP dropping as a result..lubbly jubbly!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

That happened very quike.

Heavyish snow here now, huge big flakes coming down swirling and dancing in the wind..looks deadly in the 1 million candle torch beam :D

Supercell wrote: »
    Heavyish snow here now, huge big flakes coming down swirling and dancing in the wind..looks deadly in the 1 million candle torch beam :D

:mad::mad::mad:

er...
    i mean congratulations;)

just cloudy here at the moment. the temperature is 2.7c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Supercell wrote: »

Get your camera out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Noting here 'cept the light rain. Cold enough though.

Snow turned to mini hail stuff now, makes a funny noise falling.
    All helps cool the ground for the inevitable 1 metre drifts by morning and a snow day off work :pac::pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Light rain in Clondalkin, temp rose from 2c to 3.2c in less than 15 mins.

DP is +1c

Raining here now, temp 2.1°C and DP 0.3°C, doesnt get any more marginal than that..tiny drop in DP to even 0.1°C would probably give wet snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

hi is there any chance of snow coming to limerick tonight. thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

tony1212 wrote: »
    hi is there any chance of snow coming to limerick tonight. thanks

Maybe later in the night but it is likely to be the early hours I think. It is a possibility. Very hard to forcast something so marginal for individual places but you've a better chance then most.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

darkman2 wrote: »
    Maybe later in the night but it is likely to be the early hours I think. It is a possibility. Very hard to forcast something so marginal for individual places but you've a better chance then most.

seems per met eireann a band of precipitation on the radar off the south west/west coast..hard to know how it makes out as it comes inland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Heavy showers of hail and some rain here in Sligo town, with some mad flashes of lightening right over the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Rain, thunder and lightning here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

Clear cold and dry here in Waterford City. Temp 1.2C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Tralee hailstone temp 4 degrees

A heavy shower of sleet:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Heavy wet snow now in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

You lot in Dublin must be sick when you check latest reports and see Cork as the only place in the country showing a snow shower at 10pm. Even Knock is sleet:D
    One thing ive noticed today is how the slightest fall of snow is only too ready to lie on grass etc. This is very much down to lower ground temps this year i reckon. Have a good feeling about tonight the latest radar quite lively.
    Also the 18z is bringing more cheer as the cold is digging back in this wkd with the whole country under 528dam air. I've never seen such cold air continue to flood down towards the East of America and over the atlantic towards us.
    Interesting times, heres hoping we all see snow tomorrow;)

One thing ive noticed today is how the slightest fall of snow is only too ready to lie on grass etc. This is very much down to lower ground temps this year i reckon. Have a good feeling about tonight the latest radar quite lively.

well, i can't share your optimism about snow later tonight. once the temperatures do get low enough for snow all the precipitation will most likely be gone. maybe it augurs well for tomorrow. although, as i mentioned earlier the sky forecast isn't that encouraging about widespread snow fall tomorrow at lower levels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Dark wet morning. Heavy rain and sleet. 2.3C.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

Heavy snow shower in Galway at mo current temp 2.5 deg. Doesn't seem to be sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭10-10-20

There is a dark clound moving in over Dublin from the North West now.
    What will it bring, I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Slight covering of snow from just before Port Laoise on M7 as far as AbbeyLeix. Roads seem well gritted but traffic is crawling along :confused:!

Advertisement