Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are You Reading?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭hinduhamster

Reading the Steven Erikson "malazan" book series. Slow start but getting unbelievably delicious now. If you are into fantasy literature then I would recommend this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Just got the 4 Dexter books (the ones the TV show is based on), will read them after Trainspotting, but I haven;t been reading much at all so that might be a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭AddictedToYou

Evening Class by Maeve Binchy.

Owe a good few bob to the library so I'm just reading crappy books lying around the gaff at the moment..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

My Cousin Rachel - Daphne DuMaurier, liked Rebecca so picked this up second hand at Electric Picnic, also have George Eliot's Middlemarch on the go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Just starting Les Misérables by Victor Hugo. Should last me a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 whitefox

Am currently in 6th year and just finished reading
    Angela's Ashes- Frank McCourt
    The DaVinci Code- Dan Brown
    The Forgotten Garden- Kate Morton
    The White Queen - Phillipa Gregory
    Atonement- Ian McEwan

(these were all holiday reads, a very relaxing 10 days :) )

I'm currently reading Anna Karenina by Tolstoy and am hoping to read Pride and Prejudice (again!) after that, then Sense and Sensibility. Also hoping to get my The Other Boleyn Girl back, i miss that book!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Gonna start On The Road by Jack Kerouac presently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭welcomeinjam

Just finished reading American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis great stuff

Fad wrote: »
    Gonna start On The Road by Jack Kerouac presently.

That's such a good book.

I've just started Walden by Thoreau, supposedly it's a brilliant book. We shall see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭CiaraBelle

Just finished The Book Thief, absolutely brilliant, would recommend it to everyone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

CiaraBelle wrote: »
    Just finished The Book Thief, absolutely brilliant, would recommend it to everyone

It made me cry :o
    The boy with the lemon hair..........sob :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I'm reading Julie and Julia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Finished Stepehn Fry's The Liar last night. Really liked it up until the final few chapters, where it all went a bit too strange!

Tonight I'm gonna start Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Tonight I'm gonna start Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

I've seen that on sale recently, and I'm really tempted to get it!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

The main problem with that book is that it's 60% Pride and Prejudice, so you still have to read all that tripe.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Indeed. But, as you know yourself, it'll be December before I have a chance to read regularly again...

UGH, don't flipping remind me... us... whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭skaterboy

I'm 13 in two weeks, so....

I'm currently reading: Mates, Dates and Inflatable Bras, Really good:D
    Also A Darren Shan Book :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

In 3rd year. Just finished The Stone Monkey by Jeffery Deaver. Now starting Double Cross by Malorie Blackman. Its part of the Noughts & Crosses series which I'd recommend to anyone, it really makes you think about racism and inequality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Currently reading Conn Iggulden's "Emporer" series.

Historical fiction related to Julius Caesar. Just started the third book in the series (The Field Of Swords). Excellent reading.

• Advertisement

The only thing I've had time to read recently is the Irish Primary school curriculum. Absolutely riveting stuff... :rolleyes:

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    The only thing I've had time to read recently is the Irish Primary school curriculum. Absolutely riveting stuff... :rolleyes:

Try reading the damn thing as Gaeilge...

AHahahahahaha... oh mercy! That'd make me want to cry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Bought Dawkins' "The Greatest Show on Earth" yesterday, can't wait to get stuck in.

I haven't read a book in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Left Paper Towns (Which I had just started) in College on Thursday night so I started Rhino What You Did Last Summer, which is brilliance.

Ha, a nerdfighter, nice :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Now starting Double Cross by Malorie Blackman. Its part of the Noughts & Crosses series which I'd recommend to anyone, it really makes you think about racism and inequality.

Love these books :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I can't remember the last book I read in full..
    I should be able to say 'To Kill A Mockingbird' for school but I know I've skipped random pages maybe even a chapter. opps!
    I read the Twilight books last year, but again I skipped chapters becasue I got bored. Yeh Im not the best reader!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Fad wrote: »
    Kinda curious as to what my demographic actually reads (if anything)

I'm reading:

All Families Are Psychotic-Douglas Coupland.

and I have the following lined up:

At Swim Two Birds-Flann O'Brien.
    Survivor-Chuck Palahnuik.

and I have to scan through the "Bhagavad Gita" (Hare Krishna sacred text) for my religion project, which I really need to get done over Xmas

I am not a big reader. With a few weeks now i am reading Walk Away & Forget Him by Gerry Maguire and am enjoying it as i can relate to alot of what he says.

I am hoping to get Damian Lawlor's book on the Waterford Football Team which comes out during the week, and hope its a good read. I also have a few other books lined up to read, including on of John Charles McQuaid. Not everyones choice i would say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Love All the People - a collection of Bill Hicks' routines, letters, and interviews. I love the man. Such an angry bastard.

Advertisement