Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Desk post about Mahatmas incompenatnt modding last night

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

No Im asking for a open ballot. Otherwise me and my secret cabal could just create dozens of false accounts and vote for Mohatmia to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Ignorance of procedure on his behalf isn't really an excuse in my opinion,

He's a mod, i think he should know procedure

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

starn wrote: »
    No Im asking for a open ballot. Otherwise me and my secret cabal could just create dozens of false accounts and vote for Mohatmia to go.

Ah, I see. You want to watch us for our own good.

That changes everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Horgan wrote: »
    Ignorance of procedure on his behalf isn't really an excuse in my opinion,

He's a mod, i think he should know procedure
    Yes, because mods are born with inherent procedure manuals embedded into their brainskins..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

bonkey wrote: »
    You're not content with one of the basic, underlying concepts of modern democracy - the secret ballot.

Boards.ie isn't a democracy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Gordon wrote: »
    Yes, because mods are born with inherent procedure manuals embedded into their brainskins..

And yet I've never once seen a new Mod on any other boards forum, delete a thread because it exposed their racism, and then ban a user for giggles.

Diogenes wrote: »
    And yet I've never once seen a new Mod on any other boards forum, delete a thread because it exposed their racism, and then ban a user for giggles.
    In fairness, you wouldn't have seen the deleted threads because they were deleted. There have been cases where mods banned people for giggles. I can't link to any situations though, but I'm very sure it has happened.

????
    ridiculous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

In fairness, you wouldn't have seen the deleted threads because they were deleted. There have been cases where mods banned people for giggles. I can't link to any situations though, but I'm very sure it has happened.

Here's one :pac:

I just saw this from the Awards forum polls

Surely yis don't just give people the Mod Buttons and say "gwan off and learn how to do it yrself" ?? Is there not some Mod faq or something ?

• Advertisement

I just saw this from the Awards forum polls

Surely yis don't just give people the Mod Buttons and say "gwan off and learn how to do it yrself" ?? Is there not some Mod faq or something ?
    There is, yeah, but not actually for Hosted mods afaik as it is not visible to them. But that's a great point, I'll get on to copying some threads to the HMod forum and start a ZATAOM thread there shortly.

I'm quite confused by this "hosted" vs "normal" boards.ie forums stuff, so I started a thread here.
    It seems that the normal boards mods seem to like to let the hosted people have their own little sandbox but today obviously there's been some overspill of hosted sand into the main sandbox.

I'm quite confused by this "hosted" vs "normal" boards.ie forums stuff, so I started a thread here.
    It seems that the normal boards mods seem to like to let the hosted people have their own little sandbox but today obviously there's been some overspill of hosted sand into the main sandbox.

I'm very confused about the whole thing...

too much sand.

Ah, I see. You want to watch us for our own good.

That changes everything.

No now your trying to twist my words. Seamus washed his hands the incident and suggested that we sort it out between ourselfs.

I agree we your post in the other thread regarding the charter. But the mod invovled obiouslty abused there power and hasnt apologised to The Econimist. This is no the first time the mod involved has done so and im sure it wont be the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

storm in a teacup if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

starn wrote: »
    No now your trying to twist my words.

Not really. I was trying to show that I don't like your idea. I take your point about the risk of sock-puppet accounts and the like, but at best that calls for knowing who voted.

There is no valid reason that I can see for needing to know what way people voted. This forum is divided enough.
    Seamus washed his hands the incident and suggested that we sort it out between ourselfs.
    And so it should become a popularity contest? Because make no mistake...that's what it will mostly be, if it comes to a vote. Those who are pro-conspiracy will mostly vote for keeping MC, and those who are anti- will mostly vote to get rid of him.

Hmmm...maybe that is a valid reason to have an open vote...we could see that my prediction is right, then whoever didn't like the result could argue that it should be thrown out on the grounds that the forum policy shouldn't be "mob rule" by "pros" or "antis".
    But the mod invovled obiouslty abused there power and hasnt apologised to The Econimist. This is no the first time the mod involved has done so and im sure it wont be the last.
    You'll notice that I've avoided commenting on his actions, nor have I tried to prevent the discussion from continuing.

I'm merely pointing out that I don't think the current approach offers any good solutions.

You'll notice that I've avoided commenting on his actions, nor have I tried to prevent the discussion from continuing.

I'm merely pointing out that I don't think the current approach offers any good solutions.

I have and realsise that you have to be completely nuetral. I think it is a little unfair discussing this without MC. Im probably more guilty of this then anyone else. So until MC logs on and posts Im going to stop judging him in his abscence.

I also think you have a made a very good point about a vote. The Boards mods have really left you so swing with this one. Its going to be hard to resolve and your right the charter is the best place to do start.

But I dont think MC can continue Modding the way he has been

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

thread locked. theres a thread in the Feedback section of boards on this topic already so take it there.

Anyone re-opens a thread on a similiar topic in the CT forum will earn an immediate 2 month ban

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement