Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Desk post about Mahatmas incompenatnt modding last night

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭WhaLofShi

Ok Folks, move along.

Seems there's nothing to see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Tbh, this looks like a conspiracy against Mahatmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭conceited

He's acting like a dictator !!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

Starn, this is all a bit rich coming from you after you personally abused me in a PM only last week dont ya think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

No

I dont run a forum and moderate it like my own little feifedom. Banning posters because I dont agree with them or demanding other users real names "because Im a mod and im allowed"

• Advertisement

starn wrote: »
    Which forum do I moderate Sofa King ???

Doesn't matter, rules are rules for all to obeyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

This is not my forum but if someone posted a thread like this in the forum I moderate it would get moved straight to feedback/help desk

There are already 2 threads there about it, that not enough?

Doesn't matter, rules are rules for all to obeyed.

So why isnt MC following them. He should go back to Stormfront

Vegeta wrote: »
    This is not my forum but if someone posted a thread like this in the forum I moderate it would get moved straight to feedback/help desk

There are already 2 threads there about it, that not enough?

If you see here
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055439900&page=2

Seamus has told us to basically sort it out among ourselfs. So Im going to ask the Mods to start a thread with a open poll [Where we can see who is voting, and who they have voted for] asking if MC should stay on as a Mod. If the majority of people thing he should stay on I'll say fair enough. But I think if the majority of posters say he should go he should go:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

The rules for hosted forums are different than normal fora.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Seamus has told us to basically sort it out among ourselfs. So Im going to open another thread with a poll asking if MC should stay on as a Mod. If the majority of people thing he should stay on I'll say fair enough. But I think if the majority of posters say he should go he should go
    That's not exactly the kind of "sorting it out" I meant. :) A poll doesn't really say anything without the input of the other moderators IMO.

Thats fair enough Seamus. But can you please tell us had this been one of the real forums. Would you still allow MC to MOD

its posted under the name of boards.ie, and its content is hosted by boards.ie

So why don't the rules of boards.ie apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Why is CT a hosted forum anyway? Unless I'm missing the point of the hosted forums, most of them seem to be related to businesses, ie radio stations, sports clubs etc. Why isn't CT a 'normal' forum so to speak?

seamus wrote: »
    That's not exactly the kind of "sorting it out" I meant. :) A poll doesn't really say anything without the input of the other moderators IMO.
    Pfft. You know you can't take it back, there is now only one solution now....

....THUNDERDOME!!!

Pfft. You know you can't take it back, there is now only one solution now....

....THUNDERDOME!!!

Or Seamus could just delete all of this stuff and give folk something to really talk about

Away with you and your boring ideas!

Mob justice for the win. Its what seamus suggested anyway!

Aye, I suggest we follow Seamus' idea and start cracking people's heads open and feasting on the goo inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Aye, I suggest we follow Seamus' idea and start cracking people's heads open and feasting on the goo inside.

Banned from the zombie survival forum. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

It was just a joke, gone wrong. Am I the only one who thinks this?

• Advertisement

it would seem he was just feckin about

It was just a joke, gone wrong. Am I the only one who thinks this?

I think it was a new mod who didn't understand how to fully use the mod controls

Or that he was a plant by Admins and SMods to stir up some controversy in the forum

Nerin wrote: »
    Banned from the zombie survival forum. :D

Good catch, you have to be vigilant with these types of things

Vegeta wrote: »
    I think it was a new mod who didn't understand how to fully use the mod controls

Or that he was a plant by Admins and SMods to stir up some controversy in the forum

Its not just this. There have been other insrances such as DEMANDING that a poster revel there real name. CT claimed he was perfectly entitiled to know this as a Mod. The guy is on a constant power trip and need to be repremanded, removed or asked to step down.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Its not just this. There have been other insrances such as DEMANDING that a poster revel there real name. CT claimed he was perfectly entitiled to know this as a Mod. The guy is on a constant power trip and need to be repremanded, removed or asked to step down.
    Link or it didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It's not up to the mod to do that kind of work, he should have requested a Smod to look into his suspicions if he had any. However, he was not to know this, and I have not talked with him about this. He was within his rights to find out if the user was a re-reg but should have gone through a higher mod, ie - me. This is due to him not knowing the procedures, yes, but does not make him unfit to mod as it is procedural imo. I am also to blame for not speaking with him about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

So Im going to ask the Mods to start a thread with a open poll [Where we can see who is voting, and who they have voted for] asking if MC should stay on as a Mod.

Thats very Big Brotherish of you...

bonkey wrote: »
    Thats very Big Brotherish of you...
    ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

You're not content with one of the basic, underlying concepts of modern democracy - the secret ballot.

You're not even content with knowing who voted...for whatever reason you'd want to know that for.

No...rather you want complete knowledge of who expressed an opinion each way.

Big Brother may not be watching us, but you apparently want to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement