Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most stupid thing you heard in school?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

foxy06 wrote: »
    Friend told me in school if you give a boy a bj you have the baby out your mouth.............Anyone confirm???:pac:

I think that one is a myth. We were told (by a nun) that to sit on a boys lap or a bus seat that a boy had just vacated would result in us getting pregnant - her prevention cure was to bring a TELEPHONE DIRECTORY or a sheet of brown paper to sit on for protection :D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Pobalscoil Iosolde by any chance?

Nope, Coolmine in Clonsilla. Which part made you think that?

Oh and prob the most stupid thing we were told was that we would be getting a new school built this summer (told this every year) and then on in my last yr there we only got new toilets, while the rest of the school was falling apart and leaking in averywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

mud wrote: »
    pssssst, green, white and gold

Article 7, Bunreacht na hÉireann: ‘The national flag is the tricolour of green, white and orange’

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Oh, there was one poor guy in primary school who was always coming out with gems.

One was that his dad's job involved shooting (canon-style) people's dead bodies up in to space so that they get to heaven.

Another time he tried to tell the teacher of a short-cut from Dundrum to Bray through Enniskillen. The teacher sent him out of the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

jen_23 wrote: »
    caught talking in class (asking about maths).

Miss : Stop talking or you'l be doing foundation level.
    me : Won't be doing foundation level miss.
    Miss: You will
    Me: No I can choose to do what I want I can go up to higher on the day if I want.
    Miss: No you can't you'l be doing foundation level.
    Me: no I wont.
    Miss: Get out.........

Hated that teacher. She was the most boring maths teacher who could not actually get her point across ever. It was only in college I began to understand it :rolleyes:
    Did you do foundation level?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

Best one i can remember was when i was sitting next to this really thick guy one day in science... he was a nice guy but... thick... Anyway the science teacher asked him what *random thing in her hand* was... This guy was stuck, had no idea... for the craic i whispered to him that it was a calgon tablet.... I couldn't believe it when he sat up proud as punch and said " Its a calgon tablet miss!" I knew he was thick but not that thick!!!

What was worse the teacher knew i had told him...and just gave me a look as if to say "will you ever leave him alone!" Good Times.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Did you do foundation level?

Nope :D totally proved her wrong got a B too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

5T3PH3N wrote: »

Oh and prob the most stupid thing we were told was that we would be getting a new school built this summer (told this every year) and then on in my last yr there we only got new toilets, while the rest of the school was falling apart and leaking in averywhere.

I did an adult class over the past ten weeks there. Was amazed they actually had the fabled new toilets :pac: We were hearing that one for years! Though more people wanted a larger bike shed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

In Leaving Cert history one day a lad asked what the KKK stood for.He then proceeded to spell it with C's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

mud wrote: »
    pssssst, green, white and gold
    I think the orange is for the Protestant community, to indicate peace between the two. Not certain now, but that's what I thought.

Green for the nationalist Irish, Orange for the protestant orangemen and white signifying peace between the two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

I remember being told on many occasion that "Your school days are the happiest days of your life"

What b0ll0cks!! :mad:

I hated school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Ckal

keefg wrote: »
    I remember being told on many occasion that "Your school days are the happiest days of your life"

What b0ll0cks!! :mad:

I hated school.

The happiest day of my life was when I finished school.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

When doing the maths in the mocks a lad near me shouts out -

"X, what the **** is X?"

I think the paper said something like -
    Solve for x,
    x / 5 = 5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

in religion one day this year

"like i'm not racist, i like black people"

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

colly10 wrote: »
    When doing the maths in the mocks a lad near me shouts out -

"X, what the **** is X?"

I think the paper said something like -
    What a retard. It's obviously a letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Ckal

kateos2 wrote: »
    in religion one day this year

"like i'm not racist, i like black people"

That really pisses me off. There's more than one other race out there! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Just the teacher spelling every word and would tell us . , ; etc. Was annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

we convinced a guy in our class that the clitoris was in the ear.. then fixed an argument so that he was arguing it was in the ear.. we then got him to ask our science teacher "isnt the clitoris in the ear"

Possibly one of the funniest moments in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Quint wrote: »
    We convinced some guy that men had periods, and we all had them (boys school!). He went to the toilet and came back to us saying he just had his period - out of his hand!

You went to school in South Park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

That the Leaving Cert was the hardest exams we'd ever dace...

Eh, what a big fat lie!! College exams :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

That the temperature method was the most effective form of contraception... from the female teacher with 6 kids...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

neil_hosey wrote: »
    we convinced a guy in our class that the clitoris was in the ear.. then fixed an argument so that he was arguing it was in the ear.. we then got him to ask our science teacher "isnt the clitoris in the ear"

Possibly one of the funniest moments in my life.

Where are you Clitoris? Quoted from Rowen Atkinson

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

In J.C french we were learning the names of sports, the teacher was writing them on the board and she would tell us 1 by 1 how to pronounce them and little ways of remembering them. After she wrote: Basketball-Basket, she turned and said it's the same at Basketball but without the ball.
    Student: "but how do they play basketball without the ball" :)

Then there was the Religion teacher who would always say he was goin to get the principle because of our behaviour and storm out of the room, only to return 10mins later wit a cup of tea. He did this nearly every class and never came back with anyone. Then one day we locked him out of his room and from then on we were on class report with the yearhead and principle paying us a visit nearly every day:)

Edit: And then there was the history teacher that used to call out notes for us to write down and she insisted on spelling nearly every word with more than 4 letters in it, and also telling us when to put in full stops/comma's. One day she was calling out a sentence and an the end she said "full stop". I asked her how do you spell full stop and she started spelling it and i pretended to write it down until every1 burst out laughing. Then i got in ****:)

Haha, I know these teachers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Most teachers are conservative idiots incapable of questioning the world around them.
    Those who can do - those who can't ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Sex Education teacher in primary school insisted that women didn't orgasm.

I really feel sorry for that man's wife...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

The literal interpretation of the bible.

Or should I say the literal interpretation of the mistranslation of the bible.

No **** it the first one was fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

the only stupid thing i was ever thought in school was that chuck norris is infact just a normal person...

pfff

IDIOTS !! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Shinjuku

Meself and the biyez were walking around town at lunchtime and we saw a knife on the ground, so one of the biyez picked it up. Then I said "jesus don't pick that up, it could have been used by a mass murderer!!!". So my friend dropped the knife on the ground and said "sh!t better get rid of the finger prints" and he started cleaning his hands.... stooooopid.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

that i wasn't capable of honours maths. I dropped to pass and by the time i decided i could do it i'd missed too much to go back up

I went on to get first class honours in an electronic engineering degree involving maths far beyond anything in the LC (after doing a cert course first because engineering degrees require honours maths) and that catch you next tuesday stopped teaching and became the guidance counciller's assistant because she realised she was a **** teacher

Edit:i dropped to pass because i hadn't a clue what was going on in the class. Turns out no one had a clue because she was ****

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

Drugs are bad - if you smoke cannabis you'll never make anything of yourself!

:eek:

Advertisement