Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most stupid thing you heard in school?

Options
  • 10-12-2008 3:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭

Whats the most stupid thing you heard while you were in school, be it from a fellow pupil or teacher?

The stupidest thing I ever heard was these two guys were playing with matches on break, and ya know the way schools have fire extuingsher's around it, one of them seriously asked how big the flame would go if they sprayed one onto the match

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

"The Leaving Cert is the be all and end all"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Xavi6 wrote: »
    "The Leaving Cert is the be all and end all"

Haha, and before that it was the inter/junior cert :P

I heard that arnold swachsnegger was pregnant (he was in some film or something)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

My Physics teacher politely asking my (mostly) retarded class to stop messing and pay attention.

Poor, naive woman. Only lasted a year in the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Always wear a condom

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

The theory of Creationism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Kid in my year who was a bit thick, and misspelt his name when signing a painting from art (Spelt McEvoy McOvey) - when slagged he ran out of the room shouting "ITS HARDER TO SPELL IN PAINTS!!"

He was also the kid who asked myself and a mate what an erection was. He understood what a boner was, but couldnt link the fact that they were the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Smoking is bad for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

"I don't care how soon the Leaving Cert is. Religion is just as important a subject as Accounting. Now put away those books and pay attention."

That's the dumbest thing I can remember at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

keenan and kel killed in a car crash,
    will smith killed in a car crash,
    ant and dec killed in a car crash,

those did the rounds in my school

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

javaboy wrote: »
    "I don't care how soon the Leaving Cert is. Religion is just as important a subject as Accounting. Now put away those books and pay attention."

That's the dumbest thing I can remember at the moment.

I hate when I'm not allowed do my homework in religion :mad: dummies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

A girl in my marine biology class when looking at a map of the world: Oh my God! All the oceans of the world are connected!

Same girl, same class. We were taking a true or false test and numer 19 was a freeie - it said, "The answer to this question is false."
    Girl: I don't understand number 19
    Teacher (incredulous): Um... why?
    Girl: I don't know if it's true or false.
    Teacher: What does the question say?
    Girl: Well, it says the answer is false, but if it's true that it's false, shouldn't we put true?

Still not sure if that was stupid or Shakespearian.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

keenan and kel killed in a car crash,
    will smith killed in a car crash,
    ant and dec killed in a car crash,

those did the rounds in my school

Lol I seem to remember being told Aqua died in a car crash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol I seem to remember being told Aqua died in a car crash.
    no we all just wish that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

no we all just wish that

To be fair, the lead singer was pretty hot..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

A girl in my marine biology class when looking at a map of the world: Oh my God! All the oceans of the world are connected!

Same girl, same class. We were taking a true or false test and numer 19 was a freeie - it said, "The answer to this question is false."
    Girl: I don't understand number 19
    Teacher (incredulous): Um... why?
    Girl: I don't know if it's true or false.
    Teacher: What does the question say?
    Girl: Well, it says the answer is false, but if it's true that it's false, shouldn't we put true?

Still not sure if that was stupid or Shakespearian.
    With a question like that I think I'd probably put true too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

My sixth class teacher (who fancied herself as a scientist that just never got the breaks) telling the class that organs couldn't be transplanted between different races. I told her that she was wrong and she went off on one and kicked me out of the class, good teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

That the earth is round. Look around you. Does it look round??? Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

usually anything involving religion.....one Fr. Kennedy in a south dublin school found Father Ted offensive and wouldnt let us watch it on trips away....yet he could very easily have been related to Fr. Dougal.....he used 2 ring his mother on the mobile and then pretend he didnt want to be talking to her, throwing his eyes up to heaven....sorry cudnt resist.....actually i wud'v said thats rather disrespectful on his part....the other priest in the school was far older and used to tell us to talk to god at least 20times a day and tell him we love him.....he was an arsehole....

the principal of a previous school used to invite the guards in every halloween to talk to us about the dangers of fireworks....then once he decided to tell us his own story about how some student at a previous school where he worked threw a banger and frightened someone so much he jumped in front of a bus and was killed instantly.....took him about 20mins to stop the laughter....even the guard was in stitches!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

That Richard and Judy were killed in a car crash...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,730 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

"The Secondary colours are Cyan, Magneto and Yellow."

• Advertisement

a guy in my history class once asked if america had ever had a black president.....still one of the most stupid questions i've ever heard......

another guy asked a guest speaker who was supposedly friends with Bruce Lee before he died if they were still friends.....i seem to remember there being a stunned silence at the retardation of the question from all.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

flyton5 wrote: »
    a guy in my history class once asked if america had ever had a black president.....still one of the most stupid questions i've ever heard......

another guy asked a guest speaker who was supposedly friends with Bruce Lee before he died if they were still friends.....i seem to remember there being a stunned silence at the retardation of the question from all.....

Thats because he's still alive ... what he did was he faked his own death so that he could work undercover for the Hong Kong police infiltrating drugs gangs and The Triads

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Thats because he's still alive ... what he did was he faked his own death so that he could work undercover for the Hong Kong police infiltrating drugs gangs and The Triads

ahhhh yes one of the most famous movie stars in the world at the time faked his own death so he could work 'undercover'.....no chance they'd recognise him.....i believe sir that u might be suggesting that.....ahem.....they all look the same??:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ordinary_story

flyton5 wrote: »
    ahhhh yes one of the most famous movie stars in the world at the time faked his own death so he could work 'undercover'.....no chance they'd recognise him.....i believe sir that u might be suggesting that.....ahem.....they all look the same??:D

What, movie starts all look the same?:eek:

Arnie looks nothing like sylvester stalone

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

"We think it's very important for Max to continue with Irish, as he is very weak at the subject and not start a foreign language."

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

A guy was asked by the teacher to name the organ that pumped blood around the body. His answer: The Brain. We laughed:D

We convinced some guy that men had periods, and we all had them (boys school!). He went to the toilet and came back to us saying he just had his period - out of his hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    "We think it's very important for Max to continue with Irish, as he is very weak at the subject and not start a foreign language."

Look Poo, no one gives a rats ass if you live in fuppin Germany.

And it strikes me more as a slightly below room temperature greyish area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Being told by a nun that there was no need for Protestants and that they got the wrong end of the stick??

Whatever that meant. It sounded stupid at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Starmix

2 Unlimited died in a car crash.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

The school bell....:rolleyes:

Advertisement