Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice Final (IRL) 08/12/08

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Daith

They need a BBC style aftershow. With Adrian Chiles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

Justice in the end. I was horrified - with the whole pro-Nikki slant of the coverage tonight - that Brenda might actually lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Daith wrote: »

def agree with you, it was often the best part of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Anyway its a shame no one is TV3 or RTE would have the ability to host the show as well as him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭caridee2

Really thought Nicky had it in the bag after the way they portrayed her tonight and kept going on about how stressed Brenda was! Delighted though, think she deserved it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ckal wrote: »
    She can learn. Brenda, as much as I like her, already has a business. She already knows how it all works. She won't be able to contain new ways of doing business. Nicki, who is like putty, could learn the way Bill works. Brenda is going to make it tough for Bill, not intentionally, but that's just the way she is... and she said it herself last week.
    You'd swear Brenda was the only 32 year old to ever get a job in a company.
    Brenda was the only candidate that was worth the money on offer. There is no way in hell any company could justify paying Nicky such a high salary. I know if I was working for Bill and she came in on the money I would be too long going into to Bill to ask WTF?!

I think you're missing the key ingredient as to why that show worked so well.....it was because it was the BBC doing it. Do you really think TV3 could do better than Fiona Looney giving her opinion each week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

So what car dealership is she running ? Where have I to go to get me free wedding dress when I buy a Micra?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Well I really enjoyed tonight's episode, and it highlighted the pity that the ads shorten an hour long show to 45 minutes in a normal week.

I too was really impressed with Nicky's performance tonight, but was really rooting for Brenda and glad that she won. I still find it hard to believe that she's 32 though!

So what car dealership is she running ? Where have I to go to get me free wedding dress when I buy a Micra?

Ya six figure salary to run a business that is in one of the worst climates . I will take it. Car dealerships was in a very very very bad way.

It bet is some type of PR Media job . just like she was doing tonight. Basically getting money of the D4s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Yeah not Fiona f-ing Looney, SUCH an annoying mouth piece.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

She can learn. Brenda, as much as I like her, already has a business. She already knows how it all works. She won't be able to contain new ways of doing business. Nicki, who is like putty, could learn the way Bill works. Brenda is going to make it tough for Bill, not intentionally, but that's just the way she is... and she said it herself last week.

Lets be clear about the task. It wasn't super challenging. Christ I know two friends of mine who raised 10k at a bleeden barby in a backgarden. Come on. The tickets were sold beforehand and realistically they had 3 things to do - hire a celeb for the 3G gig, organise prizes for the ball and scab people for money. You only have to look at how much effort the two Orla's put in to know how "really" challenging the task was.

As for Nikki, we've seen one good task in 12. Brenda's has had way more.
    EDIT: Shane wasn't in the boardroom with Nicki. He was in it with Orla.

I never said he was/wasn't. Nikki wouldn't have been sitting in the boardroom because Shane would have been sitting in her place in the final. Had Shane been about Nikki would have gone in the previous round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Right decision imo.... that Aussie one should have been in the final with her too.

I think even if they wanted to give it to Nicky they couldn't when Brenda won that task as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

The whole show was a bit of a letdown for me. It had none of the entertainment value of the BBC show and the majority of the apprentices and tasks were a joke. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 browler

They really drew it out in the board room. Flicked over to see the travellers bare knuckle boxing, which was great entertainment and back just in time for the decision.

Would say if you were looking at a cv, nikki's lack of degree for a 100 grand a year job might have stood against her (controversial).

And lastly feic off fiona looney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

Right decision made imo.

Brenda has been a consistently good candidate and yes in the last task she let herself down a wee bit but Bill couldn't ignore the rest of her performances in the tasks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

dedon wrote: »
    Ya six figure salary to run a business that is in one of the worst climates . I will take it. Car dealerships was in a very very very bad way.

It bet is some type of PR Media job . just like she was doing tonight. Basically getting money of the D4s

I can't make any sense of this post. Is there a cypher or secret code word to it ?

I can't make any sense of this post. Is there a cypher or secret code word to it ?

Ya six figure salary to run a business that is in one of the worst climates . I will take it. Car dealerships ARE in a very very very bad way.

But

It bet is some type of PR Media job .Just like she was doing tonight. Basically getting money from the D4s for charity and media events.

Changed it there. Hope it helps. Just getting a little tired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

browler wrote: »

Would say if you were looking at a cv, nikki's lack of degree for a 100 grand a year job might have stood against her (controversial).

Gavin Duffy put it so well in the episode before last when he told Nikki that auctioneering wasn't such a hard game to be in when buyers were only bating down the door to buy property. I'd admire Stuart for selling cars in Iraq, not Nikki for selling houses in Dublin when buyers were only killing each other to get same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

i loved Stuart. i hope he gets something decent from it....

i loved Stuart. i hope he gets something decent from it....

Decent fella. Bill has offered him a job . He said so on Today FM. Straight up and not false like Nikki with her false personality that changed over a few weeks and her fake tan is disgusting. ( why Irish women thing this is nice I will never understand) And don't get be storted on the fake D4 accent loike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Glad she won.

I would have liked it better if she rejected his offer of the job though.

After watching this show, who the hell would actually want to work for Bill Cullen?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭omgiluvxmas

dedon wrote: »
    Decent fella. Bill has offered him a job . He said so on Today FM. Straight up and not false like Nikki with her false personality that changed over a few weeks and her fake tan is disgusting. ( why Irish women thing this is nice I will never understand) And don't get be storted on the fake D4 accent loike.

well she did go to a fairly prestigous school but yeah the fake tan thing is so retarted. im not being judgemental but having a natural skin colour and being in good shape would make irish women look far better.

being pale for some reason is seen as bad in this country where the majority would be pale naturally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭omgiluvxmas

is it true btw that they hinted it at the end of ''where it all went wrong'' that it would be back for a second series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Brenda was undoubtedly the strongest candidate over the entire show and deserved to win. I hope she doesn't take any crap from Cullen in the job though - I honestly don't think I'd have the patience to work with that tool.

Commiserations to Nicky, in fairness she did a great job on the task and I think she genuinely did improve a lot in the last few weeks of the show. I think I would have put Nicky third though, and put Sarah in the final 2 against Brenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

At one point Nicky said "if I make a mess of this on my head be it".
    I couldn't help thinking it was some sort of coded reference to her bleeedin HORRIBLE greasy looking sideways sellotaped on fringe that she arranges on her head.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭stepinnman

Whatever happened to the absolute gimp from the first episode??! How come he wasn't invited back for the final task?

Even the way he walks in the opening credits could have told you he was going to be first out the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,478 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They tend to pick from the more recent sackings when choosing the teams for the final task.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

I was really disappointed with the second show, the Where it Went Wrong one. I thought they would show more stuff that wasn't already aired. Surely they have a ton of footage that had to be cut because it was too embarassing! They didn't show any behind-the-scenes stuff, and I was looking forward to to finding out what really happened with Mark leaving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I just deleted the last show from my sky plus without viewing it. I don't want to waste 30 mins on loads of old footage with nothing new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

Brenda was the deserved winner by a mile.

Also, I'm one of those that thought this show had no future after the first episode, but still found myself loggin on to tv3 watching it. Guess that makes it a success for tv3 ::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement