Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice Final (IRL) 08/12/08

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

For a tv3 show it was absolutely briiliant, granted it was a copied format, the production was terrific. They could have done with more behind the scenes stuff, like what they got up to in the house instead of that awful nonsense they had on after the show the other night with the just terrific Fiona looney with her nonsense comments and ridiculous hair.

Bill was a bit too Catch 22 for me and nobody really stood up to him because they were afriad in case they got the chop I suppose. It did go a bit downhill when Joanna (rightfully) got the bullet only because she was great tv.

Overall though, well done tv3 and hurry up and make another series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

The Original (USA) one starts in January

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭TeenageKicks

I am sure this has been asked before but is Brenda really only 32?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Was the USA one with Martha Stewart called The Apprentice also, or something else? That one had a fair few nutters, one psycho guy in particular...

Yeah, apparantly Brenda is 32, though she definitely looks older than Orla, who was 34...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Was the USA one with Martha Stewart called The Apprentice also, or something else? That one had a fair few nutters, one psycho guy in particular...

The Apprentice: Martha Stewart is a spin-off from the American reality television series The Apprentice that ran in the fall of 2005. Broadcast on NBC, the show featured business tycoon Martha Stewart. Tasks were centered around Stewart's areas of expertise: media, culinary arts, entertaining, decorating, crafts, design, merchandising, and style. The tone of the show was somewhat muted compared to the original, as Stewart brought her own sensibilities to the elimination process, often using her catchphrase: "Goodbye" in contrast to original series host Donald Trump's catchphrase: "You're fired." She also wrote a cordial letter to the candidate who was fired; many times she took subtle jabs at the fired candidate and gave frank reasons for why the candidate did not succeed on the show. Several segments featuring Stewart were filmed at her home in Connecticut because at the time, she was serving the five-month house arrest portion of her ImClone scandal conviction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Apprentice_Martha_Stewart

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭SaintHubbins

Jackie bathes in vinegar.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

Watched the finale last night on TV3. Very good ending to the show and Nicky really gave Brenda a scare at the end. Brenda deserved it for her overall dominance of the show, however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 DEMON 90

i have heard that the medispa clinic that jackie lavin was part of has gone bust after less than one year, a real business woman we have there, might appear on next seasons apprentice as one of the contestants!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

With all the hubbub about this guy, I knew I'd seen his name here somewhere...
    Someone like Sean Fitzpatrick - who built Anglo Irish from the ground up. I think he is retired from an active role in the company now though, don't know what job he could offer...

What a difference a couple of weeks makes!

I think though, that it highlights the SAS-substitute problem we have in Ireland. At least Cullen was a safe pair of hands with a lonnnng proven track record and no major skeletons in the closet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

For anybody who wondered what Brenda was going to be doing for Bill....well its actually Jackie Lavin that has hoovered her up and this is what they have come up with :o

http://www.muckrosspark.com/occasions/Bridal%20Boot%20Camp.aspx

A bargain at €1,700 in these recessionary times :rolleyes:

"Spaces are limited, so please book early." - Good luck with that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Talk about misadvertising the show, the job was supposed to be working for Bill.

Still funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

How can you be Bill Cullen's apprentice by working for Jackie Lavin?

Indeed, the whole thing was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bond-007 and bondvillain agreeing on something....
    Ian Fleming is doing backflips in the grave. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Mr E wrote: »
    Bond-007 and bondvillain agreeing on something....
    Ian Fleming is doing backflips in the grave. :p

There's a recession, we figured it better to pool our resources. :D

Indeed. MI5 are being tight with the funding these days. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Taking over the world while wearing tight speedos? Jesus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement