Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice Final (IRL) 08/12/08

Options
  • 07-12-2008 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Well I am starting the thread for tomorrow nights show already cos I want to add a poll for the show. It is starting at 9pm and running for an hour and a half on TV3.
    Please vote in the poll

Who deserves the title of The Apprentice 78 votes

Brenda Shanahan
    0% 0 votes
    Nicky O'Callaghan
    100% 78 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Ckal

Okay, it seems like I was the first one who voted Nicky :rolleyes:

I like both Brenda and Nicky. But I think Nicky has something over Brenda, and that is the capacity to learn. But, apparently, Bill doesn't want an Apprentice that has to learn. Gives a whole new meaning to the word 'Apprentice' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

For those who know who won this, please bite your tongue (unless you want take a nice quiet Christmas break from the Television forum).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

I will join you Ckal - I have liked Brenda all through the series, but is she an apprentice? I don't think so.
    One definition of an apprentice is a person who works for another in order to learn a trade. What can Brenda learn? Brenda said in last weeks show that she was looking forward to dealing with larger sums of money if I remember correctly. IMO Nicky has more to learn than Brenda...so therefore I think that Nicky should be the apprentice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Mr E wrote: »
    For those who know who won this, please bite your tongue (unless you want take a nice quiet Christmas break from the Television forum).

Noone knows who will win, not even the final two. Apparantly, TV3 will broadcast the moment the winner is announced live tomorrow night. They were too worried about a leak, so they're holding off until the final night.

Noone knows who will win, not even the final two. Apparantly, TV3 will broadcast the moment the winner is announced live tomorrow night. They were too worried about a leak, so they're holding off until the final night.

But didn't Ray Darcy blurt it out a few weeks ago on Live radio? :confused:

• Advertisement

I think what was said about Ray Darcy was that he told the listners what contestants were in the final.

I know the UK one is a very close kept secret until the final show and the filming is close guarded and I think that both finalists work with SAS before the result is announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

It was filmed a few months back, I know someone on the production team, and know the winner. Im surprised it wasnt leaked yet. Dont worry I won't ruin it for anyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

I think that over the length of the series, Brenda definitely deserves it...

but...

I think Nicky has things to learn, but not too much, and won't cause agro with Bill like Brenda might so if Nicky has a good week this week I think she'll win it....but she'll defo need a good week!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

Brenda has been the best in the show,only lost one task and was never in the board room,I think that shows she has the skills.Never thought Nicky was strong at all,was surprised that she made it to the final though I do think she would be a good learner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 DeirdreD

Anyone else see the snippet on the TV3 website where Jackie and Bill reflect on the show, when asked if the two contestants deserved to be in the final they just keep waxing on about how good Nickki was ( wonder is this some way of preparing us? )

Personally I think Brenda deserves it!

• Advertisement

Looking at this poll, it looks like the majority want Brenda to win.
    She is good, but after last week, I don't see her as an apprentice. If she doesn't win, will go back to the bridal shop. She siad last week that she wants to deal with bigger projects and that is why she wants to be the apprentice. I guess there is only so much that can be done in a bridal shop.
    Maybe another company will take her on and give her the opportunity to work on larger projects and in different environments. But I just don't see her as an apprentice. Nicky has so much more to learn compared to Brenda.
    Brenda is the winner of the series as someone who gave it 100% and worked hard, but I think that she is beyond being an apprentice.

However, tonights task may show me differently, as usually the final task is hard and especially when you have to work with ex-contestants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Nikki seems very incapable to me. She always has excuses about not being given direction, or left too much up to herself or the challenge was too hard. She seems very nervous and jittery in front of bill and really lacks self confidence. If the show is supposed to be a job interview, isn't it obvious that brenda is a far stronger candidate?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,329 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

You can't even compare the two of them. Brenda has proved to be the best of the lot by a distance. Nikki I can't remember her contributing anything of substance bar a radioactive tan and she was a disasterous project leader.

That said they'll probably give it to Nikki because she's younger, prettier and doesn't have her own business or family yet like Brenda has.

Would Nikki be a worthy winner? Well no to be honest she wouldn't be but I think she may still get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

voted for Nikki by mistake !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Fixed that now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

scargill wrote: »
    voted for Nikki by mistake !

Here's hoping Bill doesn't do the same!

For anyone who hasn't seen it; a little light relief:

Diary of a Secretary

EDIT: Contains no spoilers! Just a funny

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Newaglish wrote: »
    Here's hoping Bill doesn't do the same!

For anyone who hasn't seen it; a little light relief:

Diary of a Secretary

Seen what... I don't want to click into anything that gives the name of the winnar! O:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

The winner is:

<snip>

Mod Edit: What part of "For those who know who won this, please bite your tongue (unless you want take a nice quiet Christmas break from the Television forum)." did you NOT understand, iMax? I thought I was pretty bloody crystal clear.

It might be common knowledge in some circles, but I know many of the people reading this thread DO NOT know it, and DO NOT WANT TO KNOW IT until tonight.

On the plus side, I caught this 2 minutes after you posted it, so you're lucky.
    Its ruined for me, but not much I can do about that now.

Cop on.

Niall09 wrote: »
    Seen what... I don't want to click into anything that gives the name of the winnar! O:
    Don't worry this doesn't give any spoilers, it is just the pictures of the secretary through the weeks and how her desk has acquired extra parts through the series...very funny and worth reading through. It is a blog.

Apologies Mr E. Didn't read the first page

• Advertisement

I am still considering a ban. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

iMax wrote: »
    Apologies Mr E. Didn't read the first page

And you thought anyone would want to know who won before watching it?!!God I'm glad that comment got edited before I saw it.

I did use spoilers guys...

This was announced on one of the stereo Ray (Foley/Darcy)shows about eight weeks ago...

Why did you think it would be ok? If Ray D' Arcy told you to jump off a cliff would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭georgem25

I think Brenda is definitely the strongest contestant but Nicky did well in the interview round. My vote goes to Brenda!

hot fuss wrote: »
    And you thought anyone would want to know who won before watching it?!!God I'm glad that comment got edited before I saw it.
    Lucky you...I thought it was a joke as it was a blatant rule by the mods througout this series not to post spoilers. How naive of me! Ah well!
    Read the bloody rules before posting!!!

I'm all psyched for this now. Let heads roll. Can't wait to see Jackie!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Glad I didn't see the spoiler tags as I always read them, I even read spoiler tags for whole episodes of shows that I haven't seen!.

Ok no more spoiler talk...I am raging with myself still!

Let the fun begin...I like to see how the old fired contestants work with the finalists! Should be a bit of craic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

You all started without me. :(:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement