Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda vs Integra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

javaboy wrote: »
    Is that Santry? I don't know the area well enough to say. The date on the video says 02 but the caption says 98. Something a bit fishy about the whole thing.

Its the corner of Elm mount drive & Elm mount road in Beaumont..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

And IMO, mondeos are very good cars, better than Vectras (disaster), quicker than an Avensis, more space than an Astra, better handling that a Zafira. I'm staying with the affordable range here, not the evos, imprezas etc. And it would be pretty good to buy a couple o' retired interceptors from the Brits.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

That video is no more from ireland. It is not a Garda video.

These however are

Plenty more on youtbue to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭metman

Chief--- wrote: »
    That video is no more from ireland. It is not a Garda video. These however are

Clear evidence that carpet-bombing is a viable alternative to community policing in some areas! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Why was the helicopter not deployed, or was it?

Far to many cars in pursuit & way to dangerous, in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

That Santry vid is quite obviously not Ireland lads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Trojan911 wrote: »
    Why was the helicopter not deployed, or was it?

Far to many cars in pursuit & way to dangerous, in my opinion.
    The helicopter's useless on speed bumps.

What, 7 cars being dangerous? I honestly don't see how..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

eroo wrote: »
    What, 7 cars being dangerous? I honestly don't see how..

ahh, small children, lots of parked cars......it's got all the makings of a great TV commercial.....seriously, speeding aound an estate is completly reckless...fine nobody got hurt this time but the game dosen't always play out the same regardless of what training you've had....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

ahh, small children, lots of parked cars......it's got all the makings of a great TV commercial.....seriously, speeding aound an estate is completly reckless...fine nobody got hurt this time but the game dosen't always play out the same regardless of what training you've had....
    Yeah, you're right. I hope they caught that integra driver.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Satan Polaroid

That Santry vid is quite obviously not Ireland lads!!

I have my doubts it's even real.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

deadwood wrote: »
    I hope they caught that integra driver.

just ouside of france...

It's already been stated that the Gardai wouldn't have pursued the car through an estate unless it was considered necessary. Otherwise, I'd imagine they wouldn't have pursued. Also, the driver of the Integra didn't seem to care about the fact he could have caused countless deaths.

EDIT:Oh, wait a minute..
    Much like they do to me when I pass them in my Subaru, tbh i've given up stopping for them, I just put the foot down these days and pray to god they dont cath my reg before I get round the next corner....

You cannot, in any way, make a comment about dangerous driving my friend..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheNog
    .....If memory serves me correctly over all the years and all the chases there has not been a fatality associated with a chase since two Gardai crashed and killed in their unmarked car in North Dublin back in the 1990's.

http://soapboxireland.blogspot.com/2008/08/ombudsman-re-opens-case-of-pensioner.html

The Sunday Tribune understands the GSOC is investigating new information alleging serious garda misconduct in relation to the incident which is not yet in the public domain. The probe is underway, although it has yet to be formally announced.

Mary Seavers (74), from Goatstown in Dublin, died after being hit by a garda car at a bus stop in Clonskeagh in Dublin in May 2005.

Her son David Seavers told the Sunday Tribune: "The family welcomes the GSOC inquiry, but as it may lead to disciplinary and or criminal charges, which could be sub judice, we will not be commenting further at this time."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

TheNog wrote: »

End of the day that driver had to be stopped but not stopped at any cost. Risks were taken but they were calculated risks which worked out well. If memory serves me correctly over all the years and all the chases there has not been a fatality associated with a chase since two Gardai crashed and killed in their unmarked car in North Dublin back in the 1990's.

Its often the car that is being chased that does the damage, drunk/drugged up scum who do not care what damage they do.
    There was a guard from donnybrook killed on the n11,by a stolen mx5 I think.

Because of this many police forces are banning high speed chases as the risk of serious injury outweighs the benefits of catching these idiots.

I personally saw an innocent woman left paralysed after being hit by a stolen car that was being chased.
    It must be very difficult for law enforcement to make the decision to stop a persuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

Traumadoc wrote: »
    There was a guard from donnybrook killed on the n11,by a stolen mx5 I think.

Two members were killed while manning a junction to prevent motorists entering the path of the mx5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

That "santry" video is awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I was crossing the road by the epicurean in abbey street one bank holiday weekend when some nutjobs nearly hit me by trying to swerve round the corner (from the wrong direction) down to the halfpenny bridge. he banged on the breaks at the last minute and stopped right in front of me, I hopped out of the way and he shot past, I actually chased after him thinking he'd have to stop at the lights when a garda car screamed past. The muppets were actually chasing the other muppets though the city centre in the middle of the day on a bank holiday weekend. Nearly got me run over, which i take personally.

So yeah, balls to the gardais' better judgment in these matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭villager

dingding wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheNog
    .....If memory serves me correctly over all the years and all the chases there has not been a fatality associated with a chase since two Gardai crashed and killed in their unmarked car in North Dublin back in the 1990's.

http://soapboxireland.blogspot.com/2008/08/ombudsman-re-opens-case-of-pensioner.html

The Sunday Tribune understands the GSOC is investigating new information alleging serious garda misconduct in relation to the incident which is not yet in the public domain. The probe is underway, although it has yet to be formally announced.

Mary Seavers (74), from Goatstown in Dublin, died after being hit by a garda car at a bus stop in Clonskeagh in Dublin in May 2005.

Her son David Seavers told the Sunday Tribune: "The family welcomes the GSOC inquiry, but as it may lead to disciplinary and or criminal charges, which could be sub judice, we will not be commenting further at this time."

In relation to the above fatality this was not part of a chase, the patrol car in question was travelling to a call not in pursuit of other vehicle.

Bambi wrote: »
    I was crossing the road by the epicurean in abbey street one bank holiday weekend when some nutjobs nearly hit me by trying to swerve round the corner (from the wrong direction) down to the halfpenny bridge. he banged on the breaks at the last minute and stopped right in front of me, I hopped out of the way and he shot past, I actually chased after him thinking he'd have to stop at the lights when a garda car screamed past. The muppets were actually chasing the other muppets though the city centre in the middle of the day on a bank holiday weekend. Nearly f****ing got me run over, which i take personally.

Therein lies the problem!

• Advertisement

Therein lies the problem!

I think you misunderstand, read again :pac:

the scummer muppets being chased by bodie and doyle nearly ran me over, I didn't go running up the middle of the road in front of a garda car :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

I was crossing the road by the epicurean in abbey street one bank holiday weekend when some nutjobs nearly hit me by trying to swerve round the corner (from the wrong direction) down to the halfpenny bridge. he banged on the breaks at the last minute and stopped right in front of me, I hopped out of the way and he shot past, I actually chased after him thinking he'd have to stop at the lights when a garda car screamed past. The muppets were actually chasing the other muppets though the city centre in the middle of the day on a bank holiday weekend. Nearly got me run over, which i take personally.

I say balls to your hearing. Did ye not hear the sirens?

Nope and neither did anyone else, because there were none when yer man turned the corner. I can remember a load of :eek::eek::eek: staring at me when i was like a rabbit on the road.

Nope and neither did anyone else, because there were none when yer man turned the corner. I can remember a load of :eek::eek::eek: staring at me when i was like a rabbit on the road.

So you were out on the road then?;)

Btw, it isn't exactly wise to catch up with someone at traffic lights. Get their reg, as imo, you don't know who you could be dealing with!

So you were out on the road then?;)

Btw, it isn't exactly wise to catch up with someone at traffic lights. Get their reg, as imo, you don't know who you could be dealing with!

It's hard to cross the road without being on it isnt it? Keep the columbo impressions for the day job dere :)

Yep you're right it is dangerous and that occurred to me a few seconds later..like a dog chasing a bus

I can think of one guy in america who ran after some fella that stole his car and was shot when he caught up with him at the lights :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

imo a poor effort on the gards.. 25 cars used for one single car? think how the resources could've been better used. Perhaps 8 cars max should've been used

Well if there was no sirens and you did not hear any screeching of tyres or a racing engine then we can come to the logical conclusion the car had literally just took off from the patrol car when you stepped out on the road. Not the fault of the Gardai then I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

So anyone actually know what he/she did?

And why so many cars chasing them? Surely 3 at most would be able to keep up with him? Basically follow him until he stops/breaks down/crashes whilst relaying his position etc

congo_90 wrote: »
    imo a poor effort on the gards.. 25 cars used for one single car? think how the resources could've been better used. Perhaps 8 cars max should've been used

No the more cars the better tbh so if an opportunity arises to block the pursued car, it can be taken. The problem is that no gardai would have known where the guy was heading to at the time of the chase.

• Advertisement

TheNog wrote: »
    Well if there was no sirens and you did not hear any screeching of tyres or a racing engine then we can come to the logical conclusion the car had literally just took off from the patrol car when you stepped out on the road. Not the fault of the Gardai then I'm afraid.

*sigh* guessed this was coming

So you know what happened better than i did? Were you a bystander?

Didn't think so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement