Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Support for Aritech Alarm systems

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

KoolKid wrote: »
    Don't know where some of them are getting their prices. New those keypads are around €60
    I have a few second hand ones. You're more than welcome to one .
    Pm me your location and we can arrange something.

ok, thanks
    Pm on way

edit, admittedly they were including the old panel also, but I still thought they were a bit steep, few on adverts, one is too far though I think, another too dear and one on donedeal (which had PIR sensors too) but dont really want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Akernl

Hi all I'm looking for some help with an aritech cs250 panel I am getting "fuse ft battery" which I assume is a fuse fault on the battery charger however as you all know there are no fuses on the cs250 I am a former alarm engineer and this panel is in my house had a spate of burglaries in the area recently and want to get it up and running again without having to replace the panel any help greatly appreciated

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you already replaced the battery?
    If so close up everything & enter your code. When the error displays press OK.

Have you already replaced the battery?
    If so close up everything & enter your code. When the error displays press OK.
    Kook kid are you replying to my post re the cs250 if so then I haven't replaced the battery will that solve the problem?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes,
    Replace the battery then close up everything & enter your code, When the error displays press OK.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks koolkid I will get a new battery and replace it what size battery should I use in the cs250 I'm ten years out of the trade

12volt DC 7 amp rechargeable or bring the old one with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

@KoolKid

Thanks for dropping around with that keypad earlier
    I hope it wasn't too much out of your way,

I have two sensors to replace so when I get them next week, I'll fit the keypad also. I think I will change the sensors to dual end of line eventually but as I'll have to determine which tampers are which, I'll do that at other time, when I've cleared the backlog of other things I have to do.

I just thought, If I change the sensors to Dual EOL does that free up the auxillary tamper loop (ATL), as an extra zone? After a quick look, I cant see anything in the manual about it, so I dont think any attributes could be assigned to it, but if it acts as a loop detecting breaks in the tamper circuit ordinarily, and tampers are included in the DUAL settings for each zone, could it be used just to detect an open/closed contact sensor?, I just thought of it now as I planned to somehow add the shed door as a zone too?

Eventually I plan to upgrade it, to a HKC or a Siemens, as I'd like to have some kind of remote access, but I really need to at least read the stickies in depth to decide.

The aux tamper input can not be customized in any way. Its always non EOL & will always activate a tamper.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭shovel

Hi guys

This thread is a great help,maybe ye could help me out

I have an aritech cs-250 installed by a company in 2001

I have the engineer code.

The function keys are set up as follows

F1)Full arm

F2) Part arm. just the back bottom two rooms for when we are asleep.

Thing is that we got a dog and i want to set up F3 to arm the whole house except the room that the dog is in.

Can i do that?

In the installation menu F3 shows SYS

Any help appreciated

• Advertisement

You have 2 part arms on the CS250.
    Goto Zone attributes & set up the zones you want excluded in Part Arm 2.
    The options are for each zone Include in A, Include in B or Not Included.
    Then goto function keys > F3 & set it as Quick Part Arm 2 or Part Arm 2 if you want a delay included.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭shovel

Thanks for that.

Will try that tommorow.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭yammagamma

i have cs250, just trying to do same as above re dog and disable 2 wireless pirs at nighttime re partarm,after reading manual thanks to koolkid, but i dont have eng code as 1278 not working, so how do i default this panel, i have super user code and thought installer might have been disabled under en50131 thing but no luck, has this board got battery on pcb for cmos or a jumper?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

yammagamma wrote: »
    i have cs250, just trying to do same as above re dog and disable 2 wireless pirs at nighttime re partarm,after reading manual thanks to koolkid, but i dont have eng code as 1278 not working, so how do i default this panel, i have super user code and thought installer might have been disabled under en50131 thing but no luck, has this board got battery on pcb for cmos or a jumper?

You will need the engineer code to set up the PIRs for partset. You will also need an engineer to default this system as there is no way for an end user to default.

As Altor said there is no factory link on the CS250. Is there a company name of who installed it ?. PM ne that and I'll see what I can find out re the code.

As Altor said there is no factory link on the CS250. Is there a company name of who installed it ?. PM ne that and I'll see what I can find out re the code.

I'll check when I get home re name installers. It's either M&S or M&R I think. but how do engineers default this system ? I see according to manual it has onboard rs232 and since I have straight and cross over serial cables used to flash and jtag my linux stb's I'm sure if I had prog" is it cs-win" and help I could do what eng would do

I'll check when I get home re name installers. It's either M&S or M&R I think. but how do engineers default this system ? I see according to manual it has onboard rs232 and since I have straight and cross over serial cables used to flash and jtag my linux stb's I'm sure if I had prog" is it cs-win" and help I could do what eng would do

I am sure you could but you will not get that information here, sorry.
    If you can P.M me who installed the system too I will check my list for the engineer code for you.

The upload download option will only work if you have the access codes. They may be changed also. After that its flashing the panel. .

guys could i just replace the eeprom ? as i read for a solution from just answers

On a CS250? I don't think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 bobjim

Hi all,
    Hope someone can advise me on this. While we were away over the weekend something set off the alarm, when we returned and turned it off the fuse error light is on and the display reads 'Fuse'.

From googling this, it seems a fuse needs to be replaced and it seems from the manual that I found online that the fuses are

F1 Battery 2A Slow 20mm
    F2 Int Bell 1A Fast 20mm
    F3 Ext Bell 1A Fast 20mm
    F4 Keypad 1A Fast 20mm

What's the easiest way to identify which fuse needs replacing?

And where in Cork can I get these fuses? Maplins?

Apologies if these are simple questions, I know little abotu electrics/alarms!

Thanks,
    Bobjim

First of all eliminate the Keypad as that's on?
    Does the alarm show any errors if you try & set it?
    If it shows a powered device like a PiR the its the Aux fuse
    If it shows bell tamper its the external bell fuse.
    Turn off the mains do the system stay powered? Then the battery fuse is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bobjim

Hey KoolKid,
    Thanks for replying.

As you said, the keypad is OK so I guess that rules out that fuse. But I've just checked your other suggestions and everything seems OK.

I can set the alarm and everything works OK - I also turned off the mains power and it looked fine. The display reverts to showing 'fuse' after any actions.

I haven't tried setting the alarm off by opening a window or something while it's set - worth trying?

Any other suggestions welcome!

Cheers,
    Bobjim

Is the internal bell working? Is there a PiR or other powered detector? If not it could be the Aux 12vdc.

guys im having problems with pirs and contacts.. after getting panel defaulted, i registered the wireless receiver with panel ok and some of the pirs and 1 of the wireless contacts are acting erratic ,i have added pirs under zone and rf settings activating pirs by removing covers and it registers it as a pir but when i test zone it does not see pir even though pir is registering my movement locally on the pir itself ,1 of the pirs works when i test it and then when i try test it again nothing ? is there a time delay on zone ? also what should i set the supervisor time to ? it defaults to 24hrs ?,erratic pirs also showing up as open ?batteries are ok and no other rf faults are showing up ,its a 16 zone wireless receiver and im using 6 pirs and 2 dw contacts

guys im having problems with pirs and contacts.. after getting panel defaulted, i registered the wireless receiver with panel ok and some of the pirs and 1 of the wireless contacts are acting erratic ,i have added pirs under zone and rf settings activating pirs by removing covers and it registers it as a pir but when i test zone it does not see pir even though pir is registering my movement locally on the pir itself ,1 of the pirs works when i test it and then when i try test it again nothing ? is there a time delay on zone ? also what should i set the supervisor time to ? it defaults to 24hrs ?,erratic pirs also showing up as open ?batteries are ok and no other rf faults are showing up ,its a 16 zone wireless receiver and im using 6 pirs and 2 dw contacts

Sleep mode on the detector is 2 Minutes and 45 Seconds.
    To put the detector in a walk test you need to open and close the detector.
    It will go back to normal in 10 Minutes once it detects no movement for this time.
    Leave all values as default on the system.

What is happening with the contacts?

back sorry it took so long to respond,i defaulted the panel again through 1 of the keypads incase system got confused...still having trouble with all the wireless contacts, they are still playing up, they are registering back to the panel when i enroll them ie remove the cover ,they all register straight away as either a pir or a dw bar 1 pir which takes about 3-4 seconds to register as a pir., but when i test the zones under zones/test zone most dont respond even after opening closing the covers,
    altor . contacts register ok when i add them,they working under walk test but then start to show up as open contacts ,same thing is happening to the pirs ?showing open contacts...i have spent hours at it now.. on all the RSSI is showing up as 0000. .. i noticed on the wireless receiver there are only 3 antenna holders,ie the far left 1 is missing ? and this is where the antenna is meant to go according to manual and 2 middle ones left empty but my left antenna is in holder 3rd from right as there is no 4th and when i enable the antenna tamper ie dip switch 2 to off system is showing a antenna tamper alarm,there is a new hole broke in cover of wireless receiver to allow antenna in this 3rd holder ?could this be the problem,only 1 antenna really connected up ?
    i have a pic

back sorry it took so long to respond,i defaulted the panel again through 1 of the keypads incase system got confused...still having trouble with all the wireless contacts, they are still playing up, they are registering back to the panel when i enroll them ie remove the cover ,they all register straight away as either a pir or a dw bar 1 pir which takes about 3-4 seconds to register as a pir., but when i test the zones under zones/test zone most dont respond even after opening closing the covers,
    altor . contacts register ok when i add them,they working under walk test but then start to show up as open contacts ,same thing is happening to the pirs ?showing open contacts...i have spent hours at it now.. on all the RSSI is showing up as 0000. .. i noticed on the wireless receiver there are only 3 antenna holders,ie the far left 1 is missing ? and this is where the antenna is meant to go according to manual and 2 middle ones left empty but my left antenna is in holder 3rd from right as there is no 4th and when i enable the antenna tamper ie dip switch 2 to off system is showing a antenna tamper alarm,there is a new hole broke in cover of wireless receiver to allow antenna in this 3rd holder ?could this be the problem,only 1 antenna really connected up ?
    i have a pic

Could be the problem. The receiver is missing the outside antenna.
    You may need to replace the receiver.

it was working ok i think before i got it defaulted. well as far as i know only used to arm it and unarm it....and the odd alarm for tamper on a door contact cover coming loose as sensor itself is on the door and magnet is on the frame...i know it should be other way around
    from the picture does it look like it was left out at manufacturing ? as i cant see any solder or broken leg from holder where it should be or is there? can yea ????
    i know the second alarm guy i had out went at that antenna i think he broke the new hole in cover as that antenna used to be bent out at a angle going through origional cutout.... i could make up a holder and solder it in where it should be .......

is there any way to disarm the sounders from going off when i remove mains and battery when disconnecting the rf receiver ? its wwired for hold off but how do i activate the hold off.

Ok I removed the rf receiver board. De-soldered the spare antenna holder on the right and de- soldered the broken legs from the missing antenna holder on the left which I could not see on first look and soldered the spare holder in .I removed all sensors under inputs and zones and installed them again .contacts and pirs responding good now didn't do full tests as it was 2 late last night and 2 early this morning but deffo pirs responding better with system and antenna tamper problem gone after re-enabling sw2 . So looks like 1 of 2 alarm guys I had out broke antenna off board and tried to cover it up . NOT Impressed . Esp.as they both charged me for work while I spent hours fixing it after them .but thanks to yea guys for help think I have it sorted..hopefully .

• Advertisement

it was working ok i think before i got it defaulted. well as far as i know only used to arm it and unarm it....and the odd alarm for tamper on a door contact cover coming loose as sensor itself is on the door and magnet is on the frame...i know it should be other way around
    from the picture does it look like it was left out at manufacturing ? as i cant see any solder or broken leg from holder where it should be or is there? can yea ????
    i know the second alarm guy i had out went at that antenna i think he broke the new hole in cover as that antenna used to be bent out at a angle going through origional cutout.... i could make up a holder and solder it in where it should be .......

is there any way to disarm the sounders from going off when i remove mains and battery when disconnecting the rf receiver ? its wwired for hold off but how do i activate the hold off.

Ok I removed the rf receiver board. De-soldered the spare antenna holder on the right and de- soldered the broken legs from the missing antenna holder on the left which I could not see on first look and soldered the spare holder in .I removed all sensors under inputs and zones and installed them again .contacts and pirs responding good now didn't do full tests as it was 2 late last night and 2 early this morning but deffo pirs responding better with system and antenna tamper problem gone after re-enabling sw2 . So looks like 1 of 2 alarm guys I had out broke antenna off board and tried to cover it up . NOT Impressed . Esp.as they both charged me for work while I spent hours fixing it after them .but thanks to yea guys for help think I have it sorted..hopefully .

I would say thats what the issue was.
    Hopefully its all sorted now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement