Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Support for Aritech Alarm systems

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭brinks_18476

Hi Guys,

I guess that Aritech wireless components would not be compatable with say a Signet panel?

Is this the case even though they work on same radio frequency?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Hi Guys,

I guess that Aritech wireless components would not be compatable with say a Signet panel?

Is this the case even though they work on same radio frequency?

Thanks.

Correct, they will not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 t m

Hi can someone please advise on the following
    we have an aritech alarm fitted the warning light stating that the battery had failed came on a few days ago. Today the power supply to the house failed for a few minutes when it came back on the alarm panel would not work and read the following as far as i can recall ' IMPUT UNIT NO # + ' thanks in advance for any advice

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It needs a new battery.
    What panel is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Hi,
    I have a Scopetronic system that gives regular false alarms when the system is set. I'm pretty sure I know which sensor is causing the problem - it's branded Aritech and I reckon it's an inertia sensor - see the pics. Usually slamming the window that it's on will give me a couple of days of no false alarms.
    Am I right in thinking that fixing it is as simple as buying the same sensor and just wiring it back the same way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi,
    I have a Scopetronic system that gives regular false alarms when the system is set. I'm pretty sure I know which sensor is causing the problem - it's branded Aritech and I reckon it's an inertia sensor - see the pics. Usually slamming the window that it's on will give me a couple of days of no false alarms.
    Am I right in thinking that fixing it is as simple as buying the same sensor and just wiring it back the same way?

Any global inertia/contact will work as a replacement. Only a test of the sensors with a multimeter will find the fault, if there is more than one you may have more than one faulty device. If it is the only one on the zone then you may be correct assuming this is the faulty one.

KoolKid wrote: »
    It needs a new battery.
    What panel is it?

Thanks for your reply the panel control box is cs250 I replaced the battery correctly tonight but the control pad will still not work it just flashes the following ' Please Install No + # ' I also tried turning the power on and off to the house
    Thanks again in advance for any help

t m wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply the panel control box is cs250 I replaced the battery correctly tonight but the control pad will still not work it just flashes the following ' Please Install No + # ' I also tried turning the power on and off to the house
    Thanks again in advance for any help

Press no and # to initilise the keypad on the system. Have you any wire free devices on the system ?

altor wrote: »
    Press no and # to initilise the keypad on the system. Have you any wire free devices on the system ?
    Hi I did the above and the control pad then asked me to put in the date and time which all seemed fine then things got complicated the display went onto zones I have 6 zones all wired motion detectors .I was not sure what to put in for zone 1 so I pressed ok for exit zone which it is . I then set the alarm by pressing f2 which is the normal setting for when I am in the house as it will not set off the motion detectors upstairs but will downstairs. leave now appeared on the panel but when I went upstairs the alarm went off. It would not accept the code to turn it off. The only way that I could stop the alarm was to take out the battery and turn off the fuse for the alarm.
    Thanks once again for any advice

Hi I did the above and the control pad then asked me to put in the date and time which all seemed fine then things got complicated the display went onto zones I have 6 zones all wired motion detectors .I was not sure what to put in for zone 1 so I pressed ok for exit zone which it is . I then set the alarm by pressing f2 which is the normal setting for when I am in the house as it will not set off the motion detectors upstairs but will downstairs. leave now appeared on the panel but when I went upstairs the alarm went off. It would not accept the code to turn it off. The only way that I could stop the alarm was to take out the battery and turn off the fuse for the alarm.
    Thanks once again for any advice

The system has being defaulted to factory settings. 1122 user, 1278 engineer.

• Advertisement

The system has being defaulted to factory settings. 1122 user, 1278 engineer.
    thanks for your help now I just have to figure out how to reprogramme the zones

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Gerard93

I have an Aritech system installed about 18 months, I am trying to post a pic of the Panel & Sensor (which I can't seem to do). Its monitored.
    There are Inertia "Shockgard" sensors on the windows with an LED if you tap the window the Led will turn Red/Green, however this is not happening with one of the sensors, no LED illuminating.
    1). Is it possible to do a System test on the alarm to check this sensor?
    2). If the LED is not illuminating would this indicate the sensor is faulty, is it easy to replace etc.

I would be grateful for any suggestions etc. - Thanks.

Ger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

The led might not be enabled on that particular sensor.
    You should have an option to walk test from the user menu, failing that ring the central station and tell them you are going to set off the alarm.
    Before going all diy on the alarm you should contact your alarm company as you may invalidate any warranty you have with them

thanks for your help now I just have to figure out how to reprogramme the zones

Very easy to do. Enter the default engineer code, go into inputs, press ok, then into zones. You will need to find out how the zone is installed, then set it up for duel, single or non end of line in loop type. Zone name, zone type and if excluded in part arm will be set up in there. For the function keys, go into engineering, scroll to installation, press ok, then scroll to function keys to set them up.

Any other problems let us know.

Gerard93 wrote: »
    I have an Aritech system installed about 18 months, I am trying to post a pic of the Panel & Sensor (which I can't seem to do). Its monitored.
    There are Inertia "Shockgard" sensors on the windows with an LED if you tap the window the Led will turn Red/Green, however this is not happening with one of the sensors, no LED illuminating.
    1). Is it possible to do a System test on the alarm to check this sensor?
    2). If the LED is not illuminating would this indicate the sensor is faulty, is it easy to replace etc.

I would be grateful for any suggestions etc. - Thanks.

Ger.

Setting the alarm and activating the sensor is the only way if you cant walk test the system. I would get whoever maintains the system to have a look at it if it is monitored.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Gerard93

Jnealon wrote: »
    The led might not be enabled on that particular sensor.

As far as I can remember the LED was working.
    Setting the alarm and activating the sensor is the only way if you cant walk test the system. I would get whoever maintains the system to have a look at it if it is monitored

I'll do this, set the alarm and see if the sensor will activate. I don;'t have a maintaince on the system as such only a monitoring contract, if the sensor isn't working I'll give them a call.

Thanks for the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 roshellvas

I have got a CS275 and a DD100 that I would like to connect with a 4-wire cable. Here are the schemes:

25ix0z8.png

I would connect Z1 with number 3, COM with number 7, and put 4k7 resistors between 4 and 6 and between 3 and 4 (double loop configuration). But then I'm clueless about the power. I get get +12V from AUX+, but where is GND for the -0V?

12V for the ground should come off one of the common terminals. Put your meter across these to confirm.

Very easy to do. Enter the default engineer code, go into inputs, press ok, then into zones. You will need to find out how the zone is installed, then set it up for duel, single or non end of line in loop type. Zone name, zone type and if excluded in part arm will be set up in there. For the function keys, go into engineering, scroll to installation, press ok, then scroll to function keys to set them up.

Any other problems let us know.

thanks for your help it allowed me to set the alarm when not in the house but to reprogram it correctly I had to speak to an engineer over the phone took about 25 mins in total to program and test total cost 40 euros not too bad once again thanks for your help

thanks for your help it allowed me to set the alarm when not in the house but to reprogram it correctly I had to speak to an engineer over the phone took about 25 mins in total to program and test total cost 40 euros not too bad once again thanks for your help

Your welcome ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 roshellvas

12V for the ground should come off one of the common terminals. Put your meter across these to confirm.
    thanks, it worked

roshellvas wrote: »
    thanks, it worked

Good to see you got it sorted, any other problems let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mcginnih

roshellvas wrote: »
    thanks, it worked

Good to see you got it sorted, any other problems let us know.

I have an airtech alarm installed and the panel reads "events in log 230v fail" can you tell me how I can fix this??

Thanks

Mcginnih wrote: »
    I have an airtech alarm installed and the panel reads "events in log 230v fail" can you tell me how I can fix this??

Thanks

It will say this after a power fail. Press the correct key to acknowledge the event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Whywork

I have and aritech cs350 alarm system installed in the 90s All zones work ok and the system can be armed and disarmed ok. The problem is that after arming it works fine for 6 hours then it goes off indication a different zone each time. no other problems. any ideas guys

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

More than likely a few faulty devices. Do you have a multi meter?

Whywork wrote: »
    I have and aritech cs350 alarm system installed in the 90s All zones work ok and the system can be armed and disarmed ok. The problem is that after arming it works fine for 6 hours then it goes off indication a different zone each time. no other problems. any ideas guys

If the system is installed that long then it could do with a service. There is more than likely a few faulty devices on the zones that are giving the false alarms.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭lalipule

Hi I have Aritech cs350 alarm system with accord 8 zone control panel. Yesterday the light on the panel were flashing for awhile and now they are gone.
    Am I assuming correctly that the battery is gone?
    Is is very difficult to change it yourself or its better to ask an engineer to do it? I guess it would be an idea swell to check the whole system after battery change.
    Could someone PM and recommend someone in North Dublin area please?

Thank you

Justin

Hi Justin take a look at the Supplier/Installer sticky .
    There are some installers there. There is also a link to the PSA register of licenced installers. What message were you getting on the keypad?

• Advertisement

lalipule wrote: »
    Hi I have Aritech cs350 alarm system with accord 8 zone control panel. Yesterday the light on the panel were flashing for awhile and now they are gone.
    Am I assuming correctly that the battery is gone?
    Is is very difficult to change it yourself or its better to ask an engineer to do it? I guess it would be an idea swell to check the whole system after battery change.
    Could someone PM and recommend someone in North Dublin area please?

Thank you

Justin

The cs350 and the accord are different systems, either way it is enough to do yourself on either system. Just make sure you turn off the mains going to the control panel be fore opening.
    The battery for either system is a 12v 7 amp, they can be got in most suppliers here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement