Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Support for Aritech Alarm systems

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭lalipule

Hi KoolKId

thank you for the reply. My keypad is is showing nothing, no lights that's why I think that battery is dead.

I just bought one and I'm thinking is it ok to do it myself? Should I expect something unexpected while doing that?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Hi Justin take a look at the Supplier/Installer sticky .
    There are some installers there. There is also a link to the PSA register of licenced installers. What message were you getting on the keypad?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If it's the battery bringing it down the keypad should come on once the old battery is removed.
    The battery is a straight swap ensuring the polarity of the connections is correct.
    Turn off the mains power before opening the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

lalipule wrote: »
    Hi KoolKId

thank you for the reply. My keypad is is showing nothing, no lights that's why I think that battery is dead.

I just bought one and I'm thinking is it ok to do it myself? Should I expect something unexpected while doing that?

If you disconnect the old battery and the keypad does not come back on you may have a blown fuse for the mains or a problem with the transformer in the control panel. As always turn off the mains to the control panel before opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭lalipule

Thankyou all for help

the battery is now changed and the lights are on on the panel (so no issue with any fuse) but I have a Tamper light on as well that I cannot remove. Would you have any idea what might be causing this?

lalipule wrote: »
    Thankyou all for help

the battery is now changed and the lights are on on the panel (so no issue with any fuse) but I have a Tamper light on as well that I cannot remove. Would you have any idea what might be causing this?

If you press down arrow twice it should tell you what it is. Probably the cabinet tamper spring. If so open control panel and close again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 javiromi

Hi!

Fist of all sorry about my english.

I have an Aritech cs275 home security system. I have user code but not engeneer code and i need it access program mode. I have try defaults codes (1278, 01278, 127800, 1122, 01122, 112200...) but it doesn´t works.
    I tried also to connect throw computer using modem and software "transport pc". It seems to connect the central when i call it and press *99, but then computer dissconnects and wait for a cs275 call that never reached.
    I have spendt so much hours searching on google for the method to hard reset the system but i can´t find the solution, ¿can anyone helps me?

Thanks in advance

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The installer obviously changed it . You will need to get an engineer out to reset it for you.
    If you PM me who installed it I'll check my list....

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

I have an Aritech CS350. Its working perfect I actually dont use it much truth be told. Just wondering is it possible to cost efficiently "upgrade" the control panel to something with almost like a Keyfob set up similar to the one i have seen with Eircom Phone watch? Or being able to send me a text message if the alarm was set off?
    Reason I ask is that i rent a room and the other house mates are "too busy" to set the alarm. And constantly leave the house with no alarms on. Just basically making it easier for them to use the alarms. Or am I better off just leaving it be (more expensive than worth?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 javiromi

Hi again!

Finally i get the installer code of my cs275 security system.Now the problem is to program the cs7002 gprs module. I haven´t got the users manual to install it and i don´t know how to start. Can anyone helps me?

Sorry about my english.

Regards!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dookelle

Aritech CS350 was showing low battery recently. After a number of power outages last week, it is not showing low battery anymore but they keypad is unresponsive (just showing events in log). The green light and yellow light are both lit. Not sure who I can get to fix it as have never had work done on it before. But if I get a new battery, how will I put in the entry code when the box is opened if the keypad is unresponsive or has that caused it to come down. Just don't want neighbours annoyed at the weekend with a nonstop alarm I can't turn off. Thanks!

• Advertisement

dookelle wrote: »
    Aritech CS350 was showing low battery recently. After a number of power outages last week, it is not showing low battery anymore but they keypad is unresponsive (just showing events in log). The green light and yellow light are both lit. Not sure who I can get to fix it as have never had work done on it before. But if I get a new battery, how will I put in the entry code when the box is opened if the keypad is unresponsive or has that caused it to come down. Just don't want neighbours annoyed at the weekend with a nonstop alarm I can't turn off. Thanks!

Turn off the mains going to the control panel and then disconnect the battery. Turn back on the mains to see if this brings the keypad back on line. If so, turn off the mains again and connect the battery back to the system, go to keypad and see if the keypad is still working. If so close up control panel and turn back on the mains. The low battery message could be due to the power outage and the battery just needed a recharge to clear this. If not replace the battery with a new one. Just remember to turn off the mains going to the control panel before opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dookelle

altor wrote: »

Turn off the mains going to the control panel and then disconnect the battery. Turn back on the mains to see if this brings the keypad back on line. If so, turn off the mains again and connect the battery back to the system, go to keypad and see if the keypad is still working. If so close up control panel and turn back on the mains. The low battery message could be due to the power outage and the battery just needed a recharge to clear this. If not replace the battery with a new one. Just remember to turn off the mains going to the control panel before opening.

Thanks Altor,
    It was the battery causing the panel to go down, as soon as it was removed, panel started working again. Got my dad to help me and all ok again now. Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭cipro 55

Hi, I have a Aritech cp32 installed a long time now, could anyone tell me is it possible to get a replacement exterior bell.
    A modern one with a strobe [if that's what you call it] would be nice. Thanks.

Yes any global SAB will work. I would recommend the Pyronix Delta Bell

Yes any global SAB will work. I would recommend the Pyronix Delta Bell

Thanks KoolKid , Can i get a Pyronix Delta bell in Ireland.

Yes. A good lot off suppliers have them.

Got the HKC one locally, It's up and running, I'm very impressed both with bell and the advice on here.
    Very bright strobes,Thank you.

cipro 55 wrote: »
    Very bright strobes.
    But not as bright as this.....;)
    DeltaBellE_PLUS.jpg

cipro 55 wrote: »
    Got the HKC one locally, It's up and running, I'm very impressed both with bell and the advice on here.
    Very bright strobes,Thank you.

The HKC comfort LEDs are bright. The back light on the delta is also a good feature, only noticeable at night or as it gets dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭jellybean520

I've read through a lot of this thread and did follow some instuctions by Koolkid on inhibiting zones but my menu came up with different options.

I have a CS350 and recently replaced a rear window with 2 openings with French doors. The builder misplaced one magnet contact but seeing as we only need one opening now I wasn't bothered. It keeps saying open zones - "03 Back"....I then opened another good sensor on a window with a single opening just to see if it was wired differently but now that is coming up as an open zone "02 Front" as well as the "03 Back" :(

I'd like to exclude these zones permanently but even temporarily would do just so I can set the alarm.

Any advice on this would be most appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭trevally

Hi, just wondering if someone could help here. My folks have a Aritech cd3403 panel & it went off while unarmed.
    It now says Cabinet Tamper on the keypad & will not arm.
    After reading a lot of posts here I tried various things to get it working.
    First thing I tried was holding the lid tamper switch closed while arming (didnt work)
    Next I checked the lid tamper switch for continuity (its ok)
    Next I bridged out auxiliary tamper loop 16 & 17 & set alarm but didnt work) also there is continuity on the 2 wires in 16 & 17.
    The alarm installer company is no longer available & I dont have the engineer code.
    I also tried to reset the panel to default settings by removing the jumper but it wouldnt default (presume its engineer locked)
    I now think the panel is shot so any advise or other info would be greatly appreciated
    Cheers

Its not looking good but there's one hope. Some of those panels did not display separate SAB tampers . Close off BHO and tamper return with a 4k7 resistor and try all your other remedies again.

Hi KoolKid.
    Thanks a mill for your reply.
    Just to be clear,,do you mean remove the wires from their terminals 14 & 15 (Bell hold off & self activating bell tamper loop) and connect them to each end of the 4k7. Should I bridge out the terminals 14 & 15 with anything after doing this ?

Thanks

Just take out the tamper return cable and put one leg of the resistor into each terminal, leaving the bho cable in with that side of the resistor.

Hi KoolKid. Thanks very much.

I took out the wires on the BHO & Tamp return & put in a 4k7 instead & it works (no more cabinet tamper fault).
    There is open circuit between the 2 wires. I presume it should read close to the 4k7 so Ill check for a break in the cable somewhere maby a mouse or something ate the wire ?

Thanks again,, im delighted the panel is ok.

No problem , don't forget to reconnect the aux tampers.

No problem , don't forget to reconnect the aux tampers.

Hi KoolKid, just thought I'd let you know youve really helped me fix this fault. In the attic I followed the cable to the outdoor bell & sure enough the cable was mangled by little furry creatures..
    I have the cable repaired now & no more fault showing..so happy days..

I have one more issue though on the keypad the date & time is now incorrect & I cant set it. The only option I get is to inhibit a zone. There is no user menu.

Would you know of any way around this ?

Thanks a mill.

You would need engineer access to change this aas your user code has not been set up with the necessary permissions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Hi all,
    I am looking for an aritech keypad panel CD3008? for my CS350
    While I am thinking about replacing the alarm, and I have looked up panels (HKC and Siemens), for the moment I plan to put a second panel at the back door so I can use it as an entry exit point.

I was looking on adverts.ie and donedeal but some people are looking for fairly high money or are too far away, Id even considered buying the panel (PCB) just for spares (transformer mostly) as people seem to be selling them all together.
    One guy on adverts does have one up at a semi reasonable price but he's too far and the postage just adds cost.

I just got off the phone from another chap from donedeal and he wants 120 euro for a panel and keypad, his reasoning being is that he says he paid 600 for it a few years ago :confused: not including getting it fitted.

Personally, I dont think they are worth more than 40ish for a keypad and panel, but Im guessing? maybe 15 for a keypad and maybe 30 for the old panel?? (without a battery)

At the cost of 120 , I'd be as well to add a few quid and just get a HKC and have the extra features and zones (cant recal the model no.) but as I want to do it myself and have a few other things on, it will be much easier for me to just add a keypad (and fix two broken sensors) than figure out and set up a new panel.

Really I only want the keypad, So, if any one has a spare old functioning aritech keypad, how much are they worth?
    (I intend to buy the (2)sensors new)
    if you can let me know and agree a price, I'll pick it up off you.

• Advertisement

Don't know where some of them are getting their prices. New those keypads are around €60
    I have a few second hand ones. You're more than welcome to one .
    Pm me your location and we can arrange something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement