Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Support for Aritech Alarm systems

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your welcome.
    If you need any help with it you know where we are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PaulDD

Initially, the low battery light was illuminated. I bought a new battery, but when I opened the box in hot-press, I discovered that I had bought the 7.2 ah when I should have bought the 3.3 ah. Also, when I closed panel - without installing the new battery, all three lights on panel are now flashing continuously. I also noticed a bit of corrosion on one of the terminals connected to the old battery.

Is is OK to install the 7.2ah battery?
    What does the "3 lights flashing" mean?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

PaulDD wrote: »
    Initially, the low battery light was illuminated. I bought a new battery, but when I opened the box in hot-press, I discovered that I had bought the 7.2 ah when I should have bought the 3.3 ah. Also, when I closed panel - without installing the new battery, all three lights on panel are now flashing continuously. I also noticed a bit of corrosion on one of the terminals connected to the old battery.

Is is OK to install the 7.2ah battery?
    What does the "3 lights flashing" mean?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

The alarm system is in alarm, if you enter your user code on the keypad it should disarm the alarm. The 7.2 amp battery will fit in the control panel. Just be careful when moving the cables to get the battery in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PaulDD

Many thanks for the quick response ... I will give it a go again.

PaulDD wrote: »
    Many thanks for the quick response ... I will give it a go again.

Your welcome, hopefully it helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Robert966

Dear friends,

I have a CD72 home alarm system. We tend to set it at night, 'part guard' when going to bed. No problems. In the morning the 1st down enters the code to disarm the alarm. The issue is the key pad makes a fair bit of noise emitting the key pad tones and this wakes up my son. He is tuned into the key pad tone.

I am trying to find a way of stopping the key pad emitting a tone when the keys are pressed and have had no luck looking through the manual.

Is anyone here able to advise if this is possible and better still how it is done.

Thank you kind please.

Hopefully my other post will help :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Depending on how old it is. If you open the keypad there may a small pot to adjust the keypad volume.

Dear Friends,

I have managed to silence the key pad tones following altor's instructions. Thank you. The display now shows the message 'Call Alarm Co.24'. I assume this must be something to do with the anti tamper being triggered when I opened the key pad. The alarm did activate & I entered my code to silence it.

Can anyone please advise me how to clear the display back to normal?

Many thanks,

Robert.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You'll need the engineer code. Your alarm is in tamper reset mode. The default is 1278 , try that.

• Advertisement

Thank you for the advice. 1278 comes back as 'Access Denied'. Are there any further suggestions please?

Many thanks,

Robert.

Robert966 wrote: »
    Thank you for the advice. 1278 comes back as 'Access Denied'. Are there any further suggestions please?

Many thanks,

Robert.

The company that installed the alarm system put a tamper reset on the alarm, meaning once a tamper is activated it needs to be reset by the alarm company. You need the engineer code to enter engineering then exit to clear the tamper fault.

If you dont have this then you might have to default and reprogram the system. Thats if it is not engineer locked but if they activated the tamper reset this may be the case.

You will not have to default the panel.
    Enter user code
    select Arm Menu
    arrow down to clear reset and post what number displays.
    I will PM you the code to reset it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Norayr

Hi,

the microchip CD9512 with a software version 6.20 in Aritech's Control Panel Advisor CD9512 has been destroyed. It's required to replace the destroyed microchip with a new CD9512 microchip with software version 6.0.1 or 6.20.

Does anyone know, where this microchip can be obtained? Is there some URL where I can order it?

Many thanks,
    Norayr

You'll be lucky. Your best bet is phone a security wholesalers who sell Aritech and see if they can order one for you. There's a list of suppliers in a sticky at the top if the page.

Norayr wrote: »
    Hi,

the microchip CD9512 with a software version 6.20 in Aritech's Control Panel Advisor CD9512 has been destroyed. It's required to replace the destroyed microchip with a new CD9512 microchip with software version 6.0.1 or 6.20.

Does anyone know, where this microchip can be obtained? Is there some URL where I can order it?

Many thanks,
    Norayr

If that is gone then god only knows what else might be wrong with the board. It is a very old panel, your best bet would be to upgrade the control panel. All sensors you have should work with a new control panel.

Thank you for the information, but could you please point on the suppliers list more precisely? I couldn't find such list.

Norayr wrote: »
    Thank you for the information, but could you please point on the suppliers list more precisely? I couldn't find such list.

Here you go!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748
    ;)

KoolKid wrote: »

Thank you very much!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 iancr

hey guys. have a cs250 panel(i think). when setting the alarm exit buzzer starts but doesn't stop and hence alarm doesn't set any ideas what's causing this.
    thanx in advance

• Advertisement

Make sure the front door is closed ,Try quick set 0 arrow down 5 .
    Does it show front door open?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 iancr

will check 2moro not my house a mates house,

le me know how you get on. I would say that's the problem.

iancr wrote: »
    hey guys. have a cs250 panel(i think). when setting the alarm exit buzzer starts but doesn't stop and hence alarm doesn't set any ideas what's causing this.
    thanx in advance

Also try arrow arrow down to see if anything else is showing open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 EddieN

Just wondering if someone can help. I have a CD34 alarm. The Zones for front door and back doors are working fine ie Internal and External alarms sound when alarm is set and doors are opened. But zones for windows do not sound any alarm. The red light is lit if I open the window while the alarm is set and an alarm is listed in the log but nothing else happens. The Zone types for front and back door zones are set as Entry/Exit and window zones are set as Alarm. So the problem seems to be that the zone type "Alarm", does not trigger the internal or external bells to sound. Does anyone know how I can activate these? Is it a programmable or wiring switch.
    BTW If I set the window zone type to be Entry/Exit then bells will sound so maybe this is the solution?
    thanks in advance

Check zone attributes and see if they are on soak test.

attributes are not set as soak test. Window zone is set to In(hibit). Assume this means they can be inhibited from the Arm menu.

EddieN wrote: »
    Just wondering if someone can help. I have a CD34 alarm. The Zones for front door and back doors are working fine ie Internal and External alarms sound when alarm is set and doors are opened. But zones for windows do not sound any alarm. The red light is lit if I open the window while the alarm is set and an alarm is listed in the log but nothing else happens. The Zone types for front and back door zones are set as Entry/Exit and window zones are set as Alarm. So the problem seems to be that the zone type "Alarm", does not trigger the internal or external bells to sound. Does anyone know how I can activate these? Is it a programmable or wiring switch.
    BTW If I set the window zone type to be Entry/Exit then bells will sound so maybe this is the solution?
    thanks in advance

It sounds like the outputs for the bell have being changed. Can you check if output 5 internal bell is a negative trigger plus output 6 external bell is a negative trigger.

Setting all the zones on entry/exit is not an option I would consider.

Hello Altor, Yes, output 5 Int Bell is negative and output 6 Ext Bell is negative.

• Advertisement

Power it down completely then power it back up again. Sound likes a problem with the panel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement