Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Fat, well mine is anyways ugh, put on about half a stone this weekend from eating junk and drinking my own body weight in gatt.

Im off the junk and beer now for a bit back to the auld excercise, I be out pulling tractors and chasing foxs abroad in the feild at cockcrow

Ah he wasn't the worst now, Must have gotten a photo with ever auld fella in the town. Then almost came to blows with 2 lads one wearing a fred flintstone costume and the other a joker costume calling them Barney Guntin rubble, and Christian Bale. They didnt get it..... last I saw him he was singing N17 to the chip van staff with taco chip all over his face and in his hair.

Good night though....
    I roared.:pac:

Bitish television is so poor I don't even know which one of nineteen presenters yor on about :pac:
    Alan Carr. Horrible little troll.
    Well done Mayo..............

They looked really good. All 6 forwards had scored by halftime and no longer over reliant on Mortimer. They have a real chance as long as they avoid Kerry for their annual hiding at Croker.:pac:
    HAHAHAHAHA CORK :D

Heard they're on strike again for the rest of the Summer.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

flahavaj wrote: »
    I roared.:pac:

Aw stop bah, I'm possibly the only woman in Ireland who can spend 3 and a half hours getting ready to go out only to arrive in a tshirt and jeans with the fly down.:pac:

You shouldn't of turned your phone off last night bah, we where ringing you like mad to tell you all about the future.

I tried to leave you a voice mail but yer wan wouldnt shut up telling me your where unavaiable I was having a wicket row with her in my state.

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Aw stop bah, I'm possibly the only woman in Ireland who can spend 3 and a half hours getting ready to go out only to arrive in a tshirt and jeans with the fly down.:pac:

You shouldn't of turned your phone off last night bah, we where ringing you like mad to tell you all about the future.

I tried to leave you a voice mail but yer wan wouldnt shut up telling me your where unavaiable I was having a wicket row with her in my state.

Haha battery died, I swear.:pac:

As for the future, we all know its computers. Tis simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

yap its gone downhill where is callaway92

lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

very interesting first post ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

callaway92 wrote: »
    lol
    very interesting first post ;)

The user in question has been sitebanned already, let it go folks :)

orestes wrote: »
    The user in question has been sitebanned already, let it go folks :)

nice i didnt actually notice had kinda assumed it was Callaway :pac:

nice i didnt actually notice had kinda assumed it was Callaway :pac:

Nope, it was a rereg of a previously sitebanned user, I brought it to the attention of the admins and the new account was sitebanned accordingly.

End of discussion, change of topic please.

Man there is nothing on tv, gah

Man there is nothing on tv, gah

tell me about it im reduced to watching dave ja vu, i really gotta stop being a nocturnal creature.

• Advertisement

tell me about it im reduced to watching dave ja vu, i really gotta stop being a nocturnal creature.

I just found something about Bruce Lee on the biography channel, How Bruce Lee Changed The World, should be cool

I just found something about Bruce Lee on the biography channel, How Bruce Lee Changed The World, should be cool

i saw a whole 20 seconds of that before damn bard changed the channel to something more his style (or as id describe it something gayer) cos weve a thing set up so you can watch the sky channels in the rooms upsatirs cept only whats being watched downstairs and im too lazy to leave my room.

There's a really good wrestling match posted in the puroresu thread if ye are that bored men.;)

i saw a whole 20 seconds of that before damn bard changed the channel to something more his style (or as id describe it something gayer) cos weve a thing set up so you can watch the sky channels in the rooms upsatirs cept only whats being watched downstairs and im too lazy to leave my room.

What the hell did he switch it to?
    There's a really good wrestling match posted in the puroresu thread if ye are that bored men.;)

Fecking shill :pac:

get back off topic you bai cant have the Munster Mafia breaking the rules were the faces afterall, although now that you mention it...

*rushes off to Flahs thread*

get back off topic you bai cant have the Munster Mafia breaking the rules were the faces afterall, although now that you mention it...

Any more of that backseat modding from you and I'll show you what a real heel can do buddy ;)

havent seen it anywhere but just heard Frank McCourt has died!

havent seen it anywhere but just heard Frank McCourt has died!

Aye, there's a thread about it in AH, I had to ask who he was cos I didn't place the name. RIP

Aye, there's a thread about it in AH, I had to ask who he was cos I didn't place the name. RIP

being from Limerick its kinda not hard to know the guy who wrote Angela's Ashes name, id swear any irish americans i know their parents have both it and "tis" in their book collection too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I see Top Gear is coming back to the RDS.

Anyone go last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

CMpunked wrote: »
    I see Top Gear is coming back to the RDS.

Anyone go last year?

i didnt but any of my friends who did said it was a waste of money, basically just walk around looksing at cars and some stunts for a while, the guys only come out for about 45 minutes! not worth the money!

2007_ronaldo_g_368644n.jpg

Oh lord, I'd give my left bollock to mark this man for 5 minutes in a junior B club hurling match. I'd mark him for life.

I'm sure thats not the first time hes put his tongue like that when holding a stick and a ball...

Am i right? ;)

Ignorant prick!
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Great player and I don't really care about his private life TBH. Diving is a key part of football and anybody who disagrees needs to go back to 1985.

Bet Ronaldo is a better hurler than Aisake O'Hailpin too :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

Oh lord, I'd give my left bollock to mark this man for 5 minutes in a junior B club hurling match. I'd mark him for life.

Ha ha brilliant! If it's the same time of Junior B matches we have then it's usually a 48 year old a full back with his nephew and grand nephew in either corner!

anyone seen Public enemies yet? tempted to go see it but there has strangly been no Buzz about it since its come out, although id assume Bruno probably stole all its press

supposed to be brilliant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Enemies_(2009_film)#Reception

strange that it didnt get much press.

But maybe your right, bruno would have been way more covered in that sense.
    I think people were really expecting borat 2 in ways of controversy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

New Pearl Jam single. Any fans on here? Myself and a friend are going to see them abroad in London in August, love them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

anyone seen Public enemies yet? tempted to go see it but there has strangly been no Buzz about it since its come out, although id assume Bruno probably stole all its press

Underwhelming to be honest.:(
    Their is very little depth to any of the characters and it just plods along. Even the style of it, something which is faultless in every Mann film done nothing for me. I dunno their is nothing that remarkable about it. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Underwhelming to be honest.:(
    Their is very little depth to any of the characters and it just plods along. Even the style of it, something which is faultless in every Mann film done nothing for me. I dunno their is nothing that remarkable about it. :(

I completely disagree. I really enjoyed the gritty, disorientating action sequences, and I actually thought the pace was fantastic. I know alot of people have disagreed with that, but I found it compelling from start to finish. The authenticity,and subtle touches had me absorbed. I enjoyed the performances too. I can see that people would have problems with the characters (it's hard to really root for anyone), but I don't think they were shallow, more so the plot revolved around their interaction, and pre-defined roles. There's a real sense of inevitability about them and like alot of other Mann films, it seemed very much to me about characters obsessively doing their duty, and filling in parts they feel compelled to honour. I thought even Christian Bale was really good and there was more to him than others have said.

If any of that sounds interesting to you BH you may well enjoy the flick.
    I just thought I'd throw one opinion out there from someone who had a blast watching it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement