Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭franksm

Hi folks

Came back from a trip to discover one of the cats had done a runner - the cat minder hadn't noticed. So, Harley has been gone since 08-Sep from the Griffeen/Finnstown area of Lucan.

Please keep an eye open. I have posted him on the DSPCA site, etc.

10608401_10152520448513509_4493109683090002619_o_zpse01b0777.jpg

Just following up on my own post - apparently Harley has been sighted in Finnstown Cloisters, in the green areas behind the Lord Lucan. If anyone can keep an eye peeled, it would be appreciated !

Hi franksm,

Sad to hear there is no update on your cat. I am one of the admins on Lost and Found cats Ireland on Facebook and I am searching all new posts online for lost and found cats - there are people out there looking for him. Even keep an eye on twitter incase anyone takes a photo.

For anyone else with a lost or found cat please send to all rescues on facebook and ourselves, there are people actively trying to match up descriptions of lost and found animals.

Thanks Erdin ! Especially for reposting on the Facebook page last week. Foir anyone else in the same situation: I have the pic up on various community/residential FB pages too, DSPCA, Lost.ie (although not sure how useful that website actually is) as well as Adverts.ie. The Gardaí in Lucan let me put a poster on their noticeboard, and they took details in a diary they have for lost animals. A couple of local newspapers/bulletins exist for the local area, so I posted on their sites too. Pictures placed in noticeboards in local shops also.

Just walking the "target" areas every morning and night now too. Mornings seem best - less people around, less traffic. Fingers still crossed.

I am going to investigate Bluetooth trackers/tags at some stage in the future. Not sure if their 100 feet detection zone is any good, but anything helps...

Yes i think the main thing is to spread it across as many forums and media as possible so people remember the pet and track any updates and any sightings. One post alone and people will forget. I have looked into the tracking devices - I keep saying i will research it further and buy one so I must do it.

• Advertisement

I'll probably use a tag from one of the following: https://www.sticknfind.com/, https://www.thetileapp.com/how-it-works

Maybe I will generate a new thread with my findings rather than take up space in the lost-found one. The Bluetooth idea is nice, it just depends on how the 100 feet radius translates whenever trees, grass, bushes, cars are in the way. GPS tech is too bulky right now - fine for large animals, not for domestic. Bluetooth at least is micro-sized.

Will let you know !

Other options I am looking at:

https://www.sticknfind.com/sticknfind.aspx?scrollTo=0
    https://www.thetileapp.com/how-it-works
    http://stickr.thetrackr.com/
    http://blutracker.com/
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Cat-Tracking-using-Bluetooth-Indoor-Positioning/
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2242811/Bluetooth-stickers-pair-phones-track-lost-gadgets-pets-children.html
    http://blog.sticknfind.com/sticknfind-bluetooth-locator-sticker-cats/
    https://www.sticknfind.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Yearning4Stormy

Good evening, A&PI folks,

(Advance apologies for the gender disambiguation :))

(Also, I've never had a cat, so I'm flying by the seat of my pants here.)

I'm trying to throw the net as wide as possible. A cat, um, befriended me in Tesco in Ratoath, Co. Meath, this evening. The manager kept catching it and pitching it out into the carpark. "Not on my watch," says I.

Anyway, I have him or her now; he or she is fed (wet-style Whiskers), watered and he or she is contentedly asleep on my sofa. In true McGyver-style, I've created a litterbox out of a huge empty (and clean) pizza box. Whilst this excitement has been going on this Friday night, I've posted to various national and local websites/facebook pages.

Tomorrow, if they're open Saturday, I'll get him or her to the vet across the road to see if he or she is chipped (the cat, not the vet). To be honest, I don't know what else to do, but I didn't want to see another traffic-related pet fatality tomorrow morning. Also, he or she has been here for only three hours and I've sorta, kinda fallen in love with him/her; he or she is very affectionate :)

(This is a public photo on my FB, so I hope it works. If not, can someone explain how to embed a picture, please?)

10636237_10203646589539598_5063308392980132644_n.jpg?oh=0912fa04f8372c9c1d45021be3bc18b1&oe=54C993D4

Thank you.

Dude, I think you have just been adopted. I hope that cat has a chip ;-)

Check the following Facebook sites for people having lost a cat like that one -

https://www.facebook.com/LostFoundPetsIreland

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lost-and-Found-Cats-Ireland

Cheers, Frank (much like myself, sometimes Dublin, sometimes Belfast). Checking those links now. I've never met a cat who likes its belly scratched and wraps its forearms around you while you do it; he is or she is almost like a dog. I'm a 40-something bloke and I'm just... smitten :)

Photo to follow if I can.

No joy on the links. As much as I love this wee fella/girl, it'd break my heart if someone was missing him/her. Cat hugs...

10689714_10203647823090436_6376848695458462117_n.jpg?oh=01a421a3df0d634fa92956f2832c5e56&oe=548BAB21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Guybrush Threepwood

Found in Bray - male shih tzu, about 9 months to a year old.

Walked him around the area for 1.5 hours, asking people and knocking on doors but no one has seen him before.

No chip, no collar.

Looking for his family! (proof of ownership required please)

Can't post picture so please see link:

Can't post picture or links as new user but he's on lostdogs.ie

No joy on the links. As much as I love this wee fella/girl, it'd break my heart if someone was missing him/her. Cat hugs...

Further to this post, I can confirm, via the vet this morning, that he is a three to four year-old, neutered, UNchipped male.

Still no joy locating the owner (if any), but the vet has recommended waiting a week, then getting him vaccinated, wormed and chipped.

I am calling him Moses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Female 2/3 year old yellow labrador very friendly and healthy found near rock of Cashel, have not seen anything posted here, and as the dog is in the pound there is real urgency in finding owner.
    Hope it's ok to mention there is pic on Cottage Rescue facebook page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Female kitten found in lusk. Calico colouring. Black white and Ginger. About six months old. Red collar but no i.d, with finder until owners come forward. Proof of ownership required

8afb1507-89ee-4be8-b394-2b71795311a7_zps720ee2b0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

This little fella followed by buddy home during the week from Finglas to Glasnevin. He cant look after him and will drop him to Dogs Trust the weekend if he cant find the owners.

FHgkbUt.jpg?1
    GGHfmdf.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭loubeelou

Tortoiseshell kitten found Thurs 2nd Oct in the car park of Nutgrove shopping center. She's toilet trained and very affectionate.

Hi Loubeelou can you pm your details i will repost kitten you found on lost and found cats on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

yellow labrador bitch missing in West Cork since 4.30 on 7/10 Dunmanway area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 oldschool72

Grey and pink cockatoo or cockatiel seen beside Mt Argus Church, Harold's Cross today, Sunday 12 Oct. Bright pink chest, light grey everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 celbo75

Brutus back with his owner tonight x
    Found a male dog in Celbridge, Kildare yesterday afternoon. He is about the size of a lurcher/collie - no idea of breed, no collar/chip (unfort cant post pic, as am a new user). He chased my car home - have tried all usual avenues to find his owners. Am really in a predicament as have 3 rescues already, and 2 of them don't get along and have to be separated, and this new lad is causing them all to go beserk. I don't want to have to send him to the pound but have no idea what to do as any rescues I have tried can't take him. He had to sleep in bathroom last night as had nowhere else to put him - not fair on him or my other 3 (or the elderly cat!!)
    Can anyone advise what to do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

A rather young cat, pretty much a kitten still, was following a friend of mine to the Pub in Crumlin.

Quite a beautiful cat, and for one that is young is pretty well trained - definitely had a good owner, and I would like to reunite it to them.

Sorry for the low quality pictures, off phone:

3342bfp.jpg

29cwia0.jpg

1247shz.jpg

If anyone recognises the cat, and/or knows of a cat owner missing their cat, from the Crumlin area, please Contact me.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

Not sure if this is the right place, but we saw a light-coloured dog with what looked like a shock collar on the summit of Djouce in Co. Wicklow earlier today. He was following another group who said he wasn't with them but had been following them since the Liffey. Hoping that they managed to see him right

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭puss

My dog Champ has gone missing in Bailieborugh, Co. Cavan. He is just like the dog Lassie. He was frightened by fire works in a very country area and jump the gate and got away. He has a tag on his collar with my contact details and is also micro chipped. He isn't familiar with the area as my sister was minding him for me for the weekend so I don't think there is any hope of him making his way back to her house. Any sightings of him in the Bailieborough area please get in touch with me. Champ_2686.jpg
    Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭puss

Champ is home tonight after spending 3 nights sleeping rough. He is well T.G.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

puss wrote: »
    Champ is home tonight after spending 3 nights sleeping rough. He is well T.G.

Fantastic. I've seen him on a few pages the last couple of days. Great news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

FOUND- female husky in doughiska area of Galway city

Cant keep her so will have to go to pound tomorrow as the local rescue is full :(

Unless someone can take her till owner is found

10584037_980680105282000_8676258829499675976_n.jpg?oh=2846406844c8afa4a28827e781ec3bea&oe=54DEE380

Sorry didnt realise about the rescue naming thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Found Male Yorkshire Terrier today on Donabate Beach. No collar or tag, waiting to check for mircochip tomorrow.

2pyrdpx.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Found in Dublin 6W, a black labrador cross pup, about four or five months old, I'd guess. I can't keep her. Bloody Hallowe'en. She has a collar but no tag; I'll bring her to a vet tomorrow to see if she's microchipped.

327123.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Is the DSPA an ok place to leave this pup I've found? I can't keep her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Brinan

Our 2 year old dog has disappeared in Co Monaghan spooked by fireworks. He is a much loved pet.
    If anyone finds him please contact the dog warden in Co Monaghan.

Brinan

Advertisement