Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Col200sx wrote: »
    Reporting from a thread I did yesterday in the Galway City forum:

Friends just found a West Highland Terrier in Seacrest, Knocknacarra, Galway this evening, with a pink/purple collar.

Anybody missing one or know someone that is?

Looks recently groomed by the condition, so is 100% a house pet.

Thread and photos here:
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057261641/1/#post91558917

Just to confirm this Westie has been reuinted with her owners last night.

"Molly" escaped through an open gate and went walkabout : )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

In my hometown of Lyon, there is a Florida turtle drop in basin, in the zoo/park (Phoenix park type) they had become such a threat to the ecosystem of the local rivers. http://champ-de-fleurs-chant-d-espoir.over-blog.com/article-tortues-110542415.html

Sorry for OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

Trying to find anyone who'll take a former racing pigeon.

He landed on my balcony 2 months ago. We went through all the channels of contacting owners, and getting him to leave. But no one would get back to us. and he refused to leave.

So he's been on my balcony daily. He's not at all afraid of people, will walk into the flat, wander around and eat crumbs. sometimes settle down and go to sleep.

After over a month new upstairs neighbored complained. Apparently he's flown in their balcony door a few times and likely they were freaked out by his fearlessness. We tried to stop feeding him when they asked but he still didn't move, just got increasingly desperate to get inside and get food, getting really agitated and hitting himself against the glass. Which was hard to watch. Tried getting hold on owners again nothing.

The apartment management has called to ask about him saying they're thinking about getting hawks to deal with the 'bird problem' and asking me to stop looking after him. That's if my neighbor's don't poison him first.

So I'm trying to find anyone who'll take care of him, ideally more as a pet than a racer. I'm not fully behind pigeon racing as most of the birds die.

Currently if he stays where he is he'll die by hawk.
    If he goes elsewhere he'll likely die by cat or starvation, he has no idea how to live in the wild.
    If he managed to go to his old home, he'd likely be killed for not being a good racer.

I'm really just trying to keep him alive. So if anyone knows someone...

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Redsquigy

Noodleworm wrote: »
    Trying to find anyone who'll take a former racing pigeon.

He landed on my balcony 2 months ago. We went through all the channels of contacting owners, and getting him to leave. But no one would get back to us. and he refused to leave.

So he's been on my balcony daily. He's not at all afraid of people, will walk into the flat, wander around and eat crumbs. sometimes settle down and go to sleep.

After over a month new upstairs neighbored complained. Apparently he's flown in their balcony door a few times and likely they were freaked out by his fearlessness. We tried to stop feeding him when they asked but he still didn't move, just got increasingly desperate to get inside and get food, getting really agitated and hitting himself against the glass. Which was hard to watch. Tried getting hold on owners again nothing.

The apartment management has called to ask about him saying they're thinking about getting hawks to deal with the 'bird problem' and asking me to stop looking after him. That's if my neighbor's don't poison him first.

So I'm trying to find anyone who'll take care of him, ideally more as a pet than a racer. I'm not fully behind pigeon racing as most of the birds die.

Currently if he stays where he is he'll die by hawk.
    If he goes elsewhere he'll likely die by cat or starvation, he has no idea how to live in the wild.
    If he managed to go to his old home, he'd likely be killed for not being a good racer.

I'm really just trying to keep him alive. So if anyone knows someone...

What part of the country are you in? Will try and see if I can find somebody who can help you. Poor pigeon - once racing pigeons don't go back where they are from unfortunately they are no use to their owners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 dakotaisgreat

Found-Male black collie cross puppy (3 to 4 months) found Threadneedle Rd/Taylor's Hill area Sunday August 10th at 9:30. In our back garden now. Might have broken free from a chain. Collar but no tag.

Details on <snip> and <snip> [Mod edit:] the well-known Galway rescue facebook pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭fits

Just in case. Two dogs went missing in borris co. Carlow on august 6 a red setter and golden retriever. They aren't microchipped but both neutered and one definitely wearing id tag. Last seen on barrow track. Any information gratefully received and I will pass it on. The retriever is quite overweight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Maynooth - Possible missing cat.

A wee cat been hanging around our house/estate (Maynooth Park) the past few days. Has a bell on its collar and seems like it's a well cared for cat (claws clipped etc). It's pretty scared so can't get near to take a picture, but it's a young enough cat, tabby coloured.

It came into our house, but when I'd caught it and calmed it down and brought it into the kitchen, it hopped out the window :/

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭thegrayson

Just moved in to Rockfield Park in Rahoon, kept the cat in as long as possible after the move however she bolted out the front door on Wednesday evening. Not seen her since.

She is about six years old, microchipped, mackerel pattern on her head and back, white underside. Very skittish, an outdoor cat but like her routine and having her head rubbed. I have kept putting out food at her usual feeding times, it is being eaten but this could easily be other cats.

If anyone sees her drop me a PM. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

My friend and I found a budgie on the Malahide Road near Fairview this morning. We handed it in to Anicare Vets.
    Apparently its the second one handed in in the last couple of weeks.
    https://www.facebook.com/anicareveterinarygroup?fref=ts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Found this male tom cat in Corofin, Co.Clare. He was obviously someones pet at some stage as he's very friendly and let me pick him up and bring him inside - he didn't even freak (much) at the sight of my malamute. He's very skinny and hungry and a bit worse for wear.

IMG_14642_zpsbb8004af.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭numbnutz

Found this little heartbreaker at the bottlebank at Griffeen Road Lucan last saturday morning.If anyone in this area knows who owns or lost her please pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Hi All,

Thought this was worth a go as well

My daughter's cat has gone missing from the Old Bawn area in Tallaght, Dublin 24. He's about 2, tabby, with four white paws and a white chest. He was a house cat until about a month ago, never seems to go further than 5/6 gardens away and always comes back in the evenings but he got out again on Sunday night and they haven't seen him since. Major concern is that he's on special food to prevent a re-occurrence of a urinary blockage so even if someone is feeding him it would still be a big worry.

Please pm me or contact the DSPCA's fb page if you have seen or heard anything relevant.

Thanks,

digger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Found yesterday in the east Cork area.

Will want details of any distinguishing features/collar before the dog is handed over .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thought this was worth a go as well

My daughter's cat has gone missing from the Old Bawn area in Tallaght, Dublin 24. He's about 2, tabby, with four white paws and a white chest. He was a house cat until about a month ago, never seems to go further than 5/6 gardens away and always comes back in the evenings but he got out again on Sunday night and they haven't seen him since. Major concern is that he's on special food to prevent a re-occurrence of a urinary blockage so even if someone is feeding him it would still be a big worry.

Please pm me or contact the DSPCA's fb page if you have seen or heard anything relevant.

Thanks,

digger

We found this guy last night, a little skinny and scared but all good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

mel.b wrote: »
    Found this male tom cat in Corofin, Co.Clare. He was obviously someones pet at some stage as he's very friendly and let me pick him up and bring him inside - he didn't even freak (much) at the sight of my malamute. He's very skinny and hungry and a bit worse for wear.

IMG_14642_zpsbb8004af.jpg

Just to say I never found the owner of this boy but I got him neutered and he has found his fantastic new forever home with a colleague from work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 missing_cat

My female black and white cat is missing from the St Lukes area in Cork city. She often takes off for a week or so at a time, especially when the weather is nice. But it's been about 3 weeks now and we haven't seen her. She's old (about 14) and beginning to get frail, so we're worried she might have gotten lost or hurt.

If anybody has found a cat that sounds like it could be this one, please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

My neighbours very kindly found a cat last week in Templeogue, Dublin, and because they're all dog people and I'm not it was foisted upon me.
    After a visit to the vet we've established she's not microchipped (although judging by the fur around her neck I reckon she has recently been wearing a collar) around ten years of age and in good health. I wormed and de-flead her whilst I was there.
    She's very chatty, very affectionate but I can't keep her.
    REALLY hoping someone knows where she came from, she's missing someone herself.

2jse9j.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Kablamo, I don't suppose you found this cat in Cork? I'm just looking at the post above yours! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 missing_cat

She's not mine unfortunately :( Well spotted though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Sorry, edited post! Hope you find your darling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Found Rabbit

I found a small light brown rabbit in Lucan on 8th September. Probably only a few months old. Very friendly. I think it's a male but not 100%. Would love to find his home and hope he hasn't been dumped. If anyone knows of anyone who has lost a rabbit please contact me by PM. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Winston79

Found a tortoiseshell cat in Spiddal, Galway on Saturday night. Vet says she is about 4 years old. She is super friendly and clean so I think someone may be missing her.

Also, she had a mushroom type growth in her ear which the vet removed this morning and she is doing fine. Hope this rings a bell with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RaeRae

Anyone missing a ferret? We found one running wild in Phoenix park last Thursday. Very tame. I -think- it was male but didn't get a proper look and it's with a friend for the moment.

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

My boss found this little lady this morning in the Phoenix park, no collar but really friendly.

321909.png

We're going to take her to the vet now to check if she's chipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Hey all, my cat Ginger has been missing since last Friday. We're in the North Longford area a few miles from the Cavan boarder. He's a bigger than average male cat, kind of pale for a ginger. He's very nervous of strangers, so it would probably be better to snap a picture rather than approach him.

He's an outdoor cat, but he's never been gone for more than a day before, there's been lots of hunters round here this week and we're very worried something has happened to him. Any information would be great

BxkYnjKCcAA4fCI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1 catfound1423

FOUND:

On the Drive in Castletown, Celbridge early this morning.

Injured white tabby kitten. Cant post a picture but he/she has a white body with grey markings on their back and face. They were hit by a passing jeep (who failed to stop!!). Will be taking him/her to vet this morning.

I suspect this kitten has a home as they are friendly and seem to be at home inside.

If anyone thinks they know this cat or might know who owns it please PM

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tamtam14

Hi

My sister has recently moved house in the Stamullen area and one of her cats has been missing since Monday evening.

She is a very friendly, completely black, neutered and microchipped cat. She is 2 years old but is small for an adult cat, answers to the name Tammy.

Would appreciate if anyone in that or the surrounding area could keep an eye out.

I do have a poster made up with a picture but I can't see how to attach it to this post??

Contact by pm if found [mod edit to remove personal contact details]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Elmo is missing from Daingean in County Offaly since 8am on the 17.9.14
    He is a tri colour bassett hound and is extremely friendly and playful
    He is only 14 months old
    He is very important to our family and it's tearing us up that we don't know where he is.
    please if anyone has any information please PM me or put a notice up on this thread.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

322615.jpg

Hi guys,

This is Luna, missing from the Saggart area of Dublin. Much loved family pet, please PM me if you see her or know anything.

Thanks

Advertisement