Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Send in the Clowns - BAC 10K Challenge

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

delighted for ya krusty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Incredible time...well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bart simpson

Sosa wrote: »
    2:48:11...magical stuff Krusty....really magical stuff
    looking forward to the report
    ha :) well done krusty, i remeber during the half marathon when you were chatting to a guy beside me and he asked you what you were aiming for in berlin and you said 2:48:xx......you know your body onside out...fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

You a metronome - fantastic performance. we ve come to expect nothing less

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

awesome time krusty....very good going, looking forward to the report....

did you thnik when you started this log you would be running 2:48s!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

Great stuff Krusty, really looking forward to the report. Your log is a real inspiration for all marathon runners, many of us will try and use your log to go further into "sub-3 land", but you Krusty are really setting the bar and have bettered every time, i wonder how much more ya can knock off that time, looking forward to finding out :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

tisnotover wrote: »
    Great stuff Krusty, really looking forward to the report. Your log is a real inspiration for all marathon runners, many of us will try and use your log to go further into "sub-3 land", but you Krusty are really setting the bar and have bettered every time, i wonder how much more ya can knock off that time, looking forward to finding out :-)

Great post, I couldn't agree more. Inspirational is the word of the day. Congratulations Krusty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

achieved your very ambitous goal again Krusty. Outstanding!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Never in doubt KC. Fantastic stuff, you'll have to return to Barcelona for you anniversary in 2011 to knock get that down to 2:44 :D

You're consistent improvements from when you started marathons to now is unreal. Goes to show what hard work, patience and consistency brings, a lesson many on here, myself included could definitely learn from.

Hope you're enjoying all that German ale! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭smmoore79

Thats an absolutely cracking time!!! well done Krusty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

well done KC , fantastic result , your time is well derserved and a true mark of your commitment , enjoy the celebration !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Speedy44

brilliant run Krusty. I was thinking of you sitting in a pub in Berlin, job done, while I was trying to get up the hills in Loughrea ! Fantastic time, enjoy the celebrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

Brilliant running Krusty_Clown! That is some time. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

was using your 10mile time as an example on another log and noticed mcmillan had put you down for a 2:48:09 based on your 10mile time!

how close can you get like!

from now on ill be using the krustyometer to predict my times!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

jeez KC, u put us all to shame.... that is an animal time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

60:02 10 miler then 2:48:11 marathon...tis like Greg McMillan paid you to validate his calculator. Well done, fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Fantastic job - you called it 2.48 - and nailed it. Enjoy the beer(s)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

feck me - some time. Well done. You are always so consistent and planned out that it was bound to come together for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Well done.

This is the first blog i started reading here and one that helped encourage me start running again. Great to see hard work pay off.

No resting on laurels - time to kick on to the 2.3x region.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Well done KC, now thats how to set a solid goal and pick it off. Super time! Does that now give you the bragging rights in the Abhainn vs Krusty race?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Unreal time, great that you ve kept the one log going charting your sub 40 attempt all the way up running 2.48 for a marathon. inspirational as the lads said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Awesome running KC. Major Kudos to you! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Fantastic running KC, super fast stuff.

Was going to say "I could only dream of a time like that", but dont think I could even dream that fast....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

really well done, fantastic time KC
    hope you and the sunshine band enjoy celebrating

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Fantastic stuff KC, well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Well done Krusty. You're a man of your word. You said 2:48 and 2:48 it was. Now about that race report............

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bart simpson

well done krusty, unreal runnning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Krusty superb running.. Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Patdusty2010

Well done Krusty, great time.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Passing me at 4k was enough but the friendly smile was tempting to follow you. Sure glad I didnt. Well done. Didnt think 2.48 was possible based on a 60 min 10 miler.........Would like to see others do it because I dont think it would be done by many so hats of on that.
    Any lurkers know of a 60 min 10 mile man that can run 2.48 ? I dont. If i am honest as i aloways am I think the 20 miler 4 days before the 10 miler which was more important(re berlin as you were heading away on hols) might have cost you a min. Maybe I am wrong.Therefore I think you are A 59 min 10 mile man.
    In fairness you picked the target and nailed it. Hats off.
    Your def carrying the fcuking baloon and when my hand gets sore you can carry my bamboo stick in your other hand.
    Now wheres this report. The whole country is waiting for it. Met a finbars ac man after it and said he had a great battle with a cocky dub;);). I asked did he have a red singlet ??;);)

Advertisement