Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Send in the Clowns - BAC 10K Challenge

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Really looking fwd to seeing how you do on Monday.
    Your training is crazy amazing and is the sort of stuff that keeps guys like me pushing on. Give it socks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

You'll only be my PB buddy for one more day. Enjoy it. From being unsure of your form a month or two ago, you really seem to have hit your stride recently and perfect timing for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Best of luck kc. Ill be on the fortfield road

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Good luck Gaz.

Hope it all comes together as planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Very best of luck tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Ridiculous training! best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

Go get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Best of luck KC go get the result your training deserves see you in McGs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭smmoore79

All the best Gary; Im sure we'll be seeing each other at some stage on the course!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Thanks a million buddies (in my best Keith Duffy accent!). Things haven't entirely gone to plan since yesterday. I seem to have incubated a head cold over the last 24 hours. Have kept myself doped-up on vitamins and Lemsip since, so am optimistic that it's not going to have any effect come tomorrow (didn't stop me checking out prices of flights in Valencia in three weeks time!).

Today: 3 miles easy
    Resting HR seems to be around 10-12 bpm higher than normal, and feeling a little groggy (but could be down to last night's anti-cold cocktail!) so strapped on the HR monitor for three easy miles. It was a nice easy run, despite the crazy gale. Difficult to feel negative about the weather, when you're running in the direction of this:

277845.jpg

Garmin decided not to play ball and deleted my run before it got as far as the computer, so no idea what my HR was like on the run. So I'll just have to wait and see. Either way, this time tomorrow, I'll be in McGrattans enjoying a beer (perhaps with one eye on Skyscanner ;)).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Take it handy G. This is the one time in running you will not hear anyone mention moderation load up on ever bit of pharmaceutical and folk medicine you can get your hands.

Even get this guy up to the house with a few herbs if it will help

Medicine_Man.jpg

Best of luck tomorrow man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

that is a feather he's holding ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭Peckham

Looking forward to following your progress and result tomorrow. Run the race your training deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

Good luck tomorrow, hopefully I'll be able to hide behind you for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

ronnie085 wrote: »
    Good luck tomorrow, hopefully I'll be able to hide behind you for a while
    Hopefully we meet up during the race Ciaran, and tackle some of the windy sections together. I promise not to hold your hand, if you carry me to the finish line. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

All the best tomorrow, it's been a treat following this log for the last few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Have a good one. Will give you a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭wideball

Best of luck tomorrow. No heatwave to worry about!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Good luck K.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Hope I'm looking at the right results. If so, a massive congrats! A beastly performance, no less than you deserve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

Hope you're sipping on your favourite beer right now. Sounds like a slightly tougher race than London. Report will be epic, I have no doubt. Congrats and enjoy.

I can recommend Valencia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Great result Gary. Well done. Delighted for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Well done g,,
    p+d 1-micky mouse trainin 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Well done g,,
    p+d 1-micky mouse trainin 0

That man likes his Jack Daniels straight up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Well done on another PB. When you get to that level and have been doing it for so long, the gains get smaller and smaller, and so many things have to go right. Regardless of whether you were targeting better or not, to beat that PB is still some going. I'm sure it will be far from the last of them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

TOP 40

NICE!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

TOP 40

NICE!!!!!!!!

And 3rd in auld-lad category M40 :)
    Medal for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AJAYC

Great performance, you looked incredibly strong powering down Fosters Avenue, rest that body.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Patrick_K

A national bronze medal, not too shabby!
    Congrats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Surely a pub, a medal and beating Maria are also worth smiling about?? You looked like you were about to cry into your beer in McGrattans :confused: Plus I'm on this board long enough to know when you were chuffed with a 3:30+ PB. Your journey has been phenomenal! Well done

Advertisement