Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BAC Aware 10k Challenge!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sweater

Enjoyed run. Sub 44. Wanted to head towards 42 but it didn't happen for me.

Agree with Babyb. Spent 5 mins on 1st kilometre stuck in traffic. The conditions weren't ideal for passing people out either. I def wasn't going to risk knocking someone onto an icy road..

Park looked fantastic though, lovely winters day. Think I avoided Woddle & his pesky camera..:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Sweater wrote: »
    Enjoyed run. Sub 44. Wanted to head towards 42 but it didn't happen for me.

Agree with Babyb. Spent 5 mins on 1st kilometre stuck in traffic. The conditions weren't ideal for passing people out either. I def wasn't going to risk knocking someone onto an icy road..

Park looked fantastic though, lovely winters day. Think I avoided Woddle & his pesky camera..:cool:

Good man Sweater good to see your still running, I feared the worst with the lack of activity on your log :D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭dtf

Finished in 49.06. Really happy as it is the first time that I have broken the 50min mark. I was a little slow to start too due to congestion, but other than that the race went according to plan. I put all my efforts into the first 7K as I knew that I would be slow up the Kyper Pass no matter what.

Great feeling to finally beat the 50min, thanks to amedeus for the training plan.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

robinph wrote: »
    The pictures I took are slowly starting to appear online now:
    http://flickr.com/photos/spideog/sets/72157610802050362/
    Or you'll be able to search through mine, Woddles and anyone elses pictures who happened to be out with a camera this morning using your race numbers if you go to Stupid_Privates site here:
    http://racepix365.com/
    ...after a couple of computer crashes I've now got all my pictures taken from near the start uploaded, now working my way through the ones from just past the 6k mark...

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just found one of me in that set (I'm the girl with really short hair and a black Sonata Arctica t-shirt over a grey long-sleeve one), my god I look so much like a guy when I'm running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Anyone know when and where the official times will go up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

I persume they will be on www.aware.ie . Don't know when.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It doesn't seem to be listed on the www.tds-live.com site and I cannot see anything on the Aware site to suggest where they might appear. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭hawkwing

It doesn't seem to be listed on the www.tds-live.com site and I cannot see anything on the Aware site to suggest where they might appear. :confused:
    I think it will appear here www.tds-live.com cos last years AWARE ones are on this site and it was written on the chip too.

• Advertisement

hawkwing wrote: »
    I think it will appear here www.tds-live.com cos last years AWARE ones are on this site and it was written on the chip too.
    Just checked and here they are :

http://www.tds-live.com/wtrpg/race.jsp?id=2348

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Rusty Cogs 08

Still just the 2007 results up (I think). Looks like the field may have doubled in the space of a year. That's pretty impressive growth (as the actress said to the bishop :o)

Still just the 2007 results up (I think). Looks like the field may have doubled in the space of a year. That's pretty impressive growth (as the actress said to the bishop :o)
    If you click on ranking on line on the left they are there:)

Came in 114 with a chip time of 41:51. Clock time 41:59 but Im sure it was showing 41:55 when I crossed the line. I've lost 4 seconds somewhere:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Well done everyone :)

Looked like a cold morning making me rethink the gear I'll wear for the 5k tomorrow...

^ Just run faster and the cold will not be an issue. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

^ Just run faster and the cold will not be an issue. ;)

thats a good point.....

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Orobhsa

Frost on the course was a bit of a killer. Feet nearly went a few times. Didn't really notice the cold once we got going. About 90 secs faster than last year for me but had hoped to be about 2 mins quicker than I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

Babybing wrote: »
    Think I may have been a bit behind you 911 (Black Dub marathon finisher top and grey shorts with bits of red).

Nope, that wasn't me. My Dub marathon finisher t-shirts are too precious for me to sweat in them. :) I'll give you a clue next time before the race.

I start to believe that the virtual BAC is made of virtual people, they are so hard to spot.

The sooner we get the singlets sorted the better, so we can spot one another.;)

• Advertisement

shels4ever wrote: »
    Well done everyone :)

Looked like a cold morning making me rethink the gear I'll wear for the 5k tomorrow...

Don't over dress. Warm up with a few layers but get rid of them before the off. I wore a tee-shirt and shorts and was fine when we started. I was amused at the amount of clothes some people had on, looking at the photo's you think the race was in Russia at -30.

It is a lot easier to find one another at the BHAA races though because the field is smaller. How them having the fun run on at the same time tomorrow will effect any new guys finding us is another matter, but I'll be there with my camera again.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭gmurran

Came in 36.10. I think we may have all lost 4 seconds some place. The clock said 36.06. It was tough under foot, had to slow down allot on the bends. just wasn't my day today.

gmurran wrote: »
    Came in 36.10. I think we may have all lost 4 seconds some place. The clock said 36.06. It was tough under foot, had to slow down allot on the bends. just wasn't my day today.

Still a great time. I think your the fastest to post here so far.

Actually gmurran I noticed you have'nt put you name down for the Boards AC. If your not commited to a club and want to run for the Boards IT team in the BHAA races your welcome.

gmurran wrote: »

I got a pic of you crossing the line, I recognise you from the area I live, do you run with Rathfarnham and congrats on the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭gmurran

Thanks I only started running properly over the summer to train for Dublin on Oct 27th , which I enjoyed a tremendous amount. I'm currently looking at clubs. I am from Rathfarnham but now live in town, training times don't really suit and I enjoy running in the park more so I'm looking into Donore Harriers. Well done everyone I'm off to have a beer or two.

How them having the fun run on at the same time tomorrow will effect any new guys finding us is another matter, but I'll be there with my camera again.

Speaking of which, are there any plans in place regarding meeting up tomorrow morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

It was a nice run this morning, park was just amazing...

I was a bit disappointed they didn't grit the course... how much would it of cost the council? I bet it would be less than the cost of one trip to A&E with a sprained ankle...

• Advertisement

ND 1978 wrote: »
    Speaking of which, are there any plans in place regarding meeting up tomorrow morning?
    Hi ND1978, I 'll be at Marlay house opposite the car park very close to the start for 10:10 if anyone wants to say hello.

Advertisement