Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Summer2011 wrote: »
    Oops just realised I was reading the wrong dates for the updates...........!

Summer, you are better off not avoiding anything. The whole point of the plan is that you make better choices. You eventually get to a balance where you decide what you think it's "worth" using your points for. Mince is absolutely fine, I use the extra lean as I am not big big meat eater and fatty meat really puts me off but that is just a personal choice. I think it's about 5pp for 100g but look it up as it's a long time since I pointed it on it's own. Usually use it in pointed recipes now There is a great one on this thread for homemade burgers, they are delish and one very large burger is 8pp. My husband who avoids anything with the ww or low fat tag adores them (don't tell him, it's ww).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Just to say - best of luck to all of you starting your exams this week, you are all very motivated, I'm sure you'll do very well. Keep smiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Layla0509 wrote: »
    As some of you may know im off to Vegas next wk for 7 nights does anyone have any tips experience for being good over there I want to enjoy myself and not worry too much about pp but still I'd like to not gain while I'm away

oh god i'm so jealous! I was in niagra falls about 18 months ago, which is like mini vegas....junk food dirt cheap! healthier food is more expensive, so just be prepared for that shock. The buffets are both amazing and lethal at the same time in the states...the salad bars are AMAZING....

and just try and walk everywhere. and head to local supermarket to stock up on american ww goodies :D

Before you go, google local resturaunts and bars near your hotel, and get an idea of there menus. and even print them off and have them in suit case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

kashmir wrote: »
    Just to say - best of luck to all of you starting your exams this week, you are all very motivated, I'm sure you'll do very well. Keep smiling.

Thanks...I have to keep smiling...otherwise I'll cry!! :)

Good luck Eabhabear...for tomorrow and Wednesday!

kashmir wrote: »

thanks! I think for the first time in a really long time i actually believe in myself! I'm the one who's shaping my life! ME!

(I think i may still be in denial about the course being nearly over....its been a long exhausting back breaking year)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

misslt wrote: »
    Thanks...I have to keep smiling...otherwise I'll cry!! :)

Good luck Eabhabear...for tomorrow and Wednesday!

You too! Hope you get that silver 7 tonight :)

Good luck to you too Lainy in you exams and anyone else who has them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Summer2011 wrote: »
    Hi, just joined Boards today and found this thread but it seems to have been dormant for a while or am I looking at the wrong place? I have also just joined WW Online (with a bit of a work around with addresses!) so looking for any motivation and help going..............Did the person who found the Tesco Beef Mince use it and was it good? I love mince but always cut it out altogether when I am trying to lose some weight..........

Welcome to the thread.

That's me. I am going out for a walk in a while and then to do the shopping and going to buy the Tesco Light Choices Frozen Mince and try it in a meatball pasta bake tonight, will let you know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    and just try and walk everywhere. and head to local supermarket to stock up on american ww goodies :D
    Before you go, google local resturaunts and bars near your hotel, and get an idea of there menus. and even print them off and have them in suit case.

Thanks Lainy great tip never thought of stocking up on ww goodies in the shops over there for midnight feasts lol I've already looked at all the restaurants and saved their menus on my iBooks on my phone (anal I know but I'd like to be prepared) and we'll be walkin everywhere (was there on honeymoon so know the layout)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Ah feck! I had a post written and the damn thing has disappeared!!!

Anyway good luck to all in the exams! :)

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Thanks Lainy great tip never thought of stocking up on ww goodies in the shops over there for midnight feasts lol I've already looked at all the restaurants and saved their menus on my iBooks on my phone (anal I know but I'd like to be prepared) and we'll be walkin everywhere (was there on honeymoon so know the layout)

you sound like you have the right mind set! you want to live and have fun...but be healthy!

ww points in the states may be slightly tiny bit different, cos they go by ounces not grams.

check out the american ww site. they have loads of free content about eating out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hi everyone. Haven't posted in here in days! I had a really bad Easter weekend so boldly skipped my WI last Tuesday. My sister got married on Friday (much better than the royal wedding :D) so with all the celebrations of the week I didn't even bother tracking and went a bit mad :o

However the past few days I've been really sick. I've got a bad flu, have absolutely no appetite and can't even taste food (I've the odd slice of toast while I'm taking medication). Although I feel absolutely rotten, it's nearly a blessing in disguise. I weighed myself this morning and after nearly 2 weeks of bad enough eating, it looks like I might STS tomorrow for WI.

Obviously I know being sick isn't a good way to lose weight, but I'm thinking that the fact I've been pretty bad recently, and will be straight back on the wagon this week, I might manage to STS this week and still lose next week.

Miserable though! Wonder are there any PP in Lemsips, I've just sent my mam to get me some!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Donegal3

Hope everyone had a good weekend and good luck to everyone with their exams:)

Hi everyone. Haven't posted in here in days! I had a really bad Easter weekend so boldly skipped my WI last Tuesday. My sister got married on Friday (much better than the royal wedding :D) so with all the celebrations of the week I didn't even bother tracking and went a bit mad :o

However the past few days I've been really sick. I've got a bad flu, have absolutely no appetite and can't even taste food (I've the odd slice of toast while I'm taking medication). Although I feel absolutely rotten, it's nearly a blessing in disguise. I weighed myself this morning and after nearly 2 weeks of bad enough eating, it looks like I might STS tomorrow for WI.

Obviously I know being sick isn't a good way to lose weight, but I'm thinking that the fact I've been pretty bad recently, and will be straight back on the wagon this week, I might manage to STS this week and still lose next week.

Miserable though! Wonder are there any PP in Lemsips, I've just sent my mam to get me some!

Hope you feel better soon and good luck with your WI this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

hey
    my oh half just got android phone... is there any apps from ww for it or is it just if u have an iphone??

https://market.android.com/

Check here. I have an android phone coming tomorrow :D cant wait to get some of the fitness apps, I think there are pedometer apps and things like that.

My mom got me an heart rate monitor. its a corperate gift she got at work from Tipperary water. cos she's the payroll clerk the ones who actually pay tipperary :P so she got the prezzy. its a great motivational tool. in 40 mins yesterday on treadmill it said i burnt 450 calories based on my age,height,weight and heart rate!

Lainey just a quick question in relation to the salter scales which one is the best the body analyser or the stowaweigh analyser? Need to invest in a new scales and want to get a decent one since i'm doing it from home!!!

Donegal3 wrote: »
    Lainey just a quick question in relation to the salter scales which one is the best the body analyser or the stowaweigh analyser? Need to invest in a new scales and want to get a decent one since i'm doing it from home!!!

I'm doing it at home too :)

Salter StowAWeigh Analyser Scale. is the one i have, i got it about 2 years ago and paid 80 euro for it! go grab it! for 31.99 is an insane bargain! it comes with USB stick and you can track your progress on your computer :)

and it aint too bad to look at either looks all high tech :P matches my computer LOL

Here is more info on the scales http://www.salterhousewares.com/salter_uk/catalogue/analyser-scales/mibody-analyser-scale-1.html

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I'm doing it at home too :)

Salter StowAWeigh Analyser Scale. is the one i have, i got it about 2 years ago and paid 80 euro for it! go grab it! for 31.99 is an insane bargain! it comes with USB stick and you can track your progress on your computer :)

and it aint too bad to look at either looks all high tech :P matches my computer LOL

Thanks Lainy just going to head to Argos now so going to grab one while I'm there:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Really not having a good weekend foodwise. I have accepted that I'm going to be up so I'm totally slipping. Roll on WI tomorrow so I can forget about this week and start fresh on Wednesday.

Good luck to all with exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hope you feel better soon. Be careful with WI next week. When I was sick, at WI lost 4lbs and then following week, even though I was good, was up 2lb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

izzy24 wrote: »
    hey
    my oh half just got android phone... is there any apps from ww for it or is it just if u have an iphone??
    The one i use is 'ultimate point calculator plus' it does everything and no need for a record sheet it all goes in the phone and it has the points value for nearly everything and works out you activity points.I would be lost without it.

harr wrote: »
    The one i use is 'ultimate point calculator plus' it does everything and no need for a record sheet it all goes in the phone and it has the points value for nearly everything and works out you activity points.I would be lost without it.

I know I've said this before but to anyone using apps that aren't official WW ones (and the above mentioned one isn't an official WW one), please be careful with the points calculators. I have tried a few of them at this stage and have checked the points its giving against the ww calculator I bought in class. Sometimes its right, a lot of the time it's not. A week's worth of incorrect points can make a big difference on the scales.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Monife wrote: »
    Hope you feel better soon. Be careful with WI next week. When I was sick, at WI lost 4lbs and then following week, even though I was good, was up 2lb.

I know, this is what I'm worried about :o

However my logic is that for about 8 days in a row I was pretty much eating and drinking whatever I wanted. It's only the last two days I haven't eaten much so I'm HOPING to have my appetite back tomorrow and I can go back to healthy eating and hopefully will be able to maintain/lose!

I'm aware that my logic is flawed, but I will live in hope :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Monife wrote: »
    Yeah, I was in a crappy mood all week but I think what started it was me falling off the wagon last weekend and then another bank holiday coming up. Was quite good from Monday on and got out for a 5k walk/jog on Friday and felt absolutely brilliant after it. I think my bad mood was down to neglecting the exercise, the old excuses were coming out and I felt a bit of the old me coming out and I hated it. I haven't been great this weekend (as am away in my dads) but have tracked everything to the best of my knowledge and am going to try and earn PP back from walks when I get home.

Maybe try do something a bit different this week, drag the OH out for a walk with some nice scenery or play a game or some kind of different exercise. Treat yourself to something (non food) for all your good effort this week.

thanks Monife for your reply! Now that ypou say it think it was just the thoughts of the bank holiday and the planning around nice meals during it that was bringing me down. Hope you had a nice weekend at your Dads! You may be pleasantly surprised when you step on the scales. I was away last wekend and put on a pound and a half - ah sure thats life! Hope il have an okayish result tomor, if not il try harder next week! Good luck!

Is weight watchers meeting on usually on a bank holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Chinafoot wrote: »
    I know I've said this before but to anyone using apps that aren't official WW ones (and the above mentioned one isn't an official WW one), please be careful with the points calculators. I have tried a few of them at this stage and have checked the points its giving against the ww calculator I bought in class. Sometimes its right, a lot of the time it's not. A week's worth of incorrect points can make a big difference on the scales.
    I have crossed checked my points with my wheel before i enter it in,i really only use the point checker on the app if i am out and about other than that i use the shopping guide at home,but i have found it to fairly on the ball.

I have such a craving for a big dirty steak from Luigi Malones :(

Chinafoot wrote: »
    I have such a craving for a big dirty steak from Luigi Malones :(

Or a nice chipper :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Good luck to all starting exams this week. Your all so good to have all your food planned for the duration of the exams. Planning ahead is the only way to stay focused (food wise).

Only post the odd time but forever reading, it's great for motivation & to stay on track.

Laidy Lainey - thanks for all the fab receipes - nice lunch ideas.

Couldn't make my wi last tues so hoping tmw's wi will go well, it's just so hard to know - have been great with the food but exercising is my problem. My leader thinks i'm trying to maintain but I'm trying to loose another 7.5lbs so i'll be happy with weeks of .5lbs just once I get there.

Have a good week everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Good luck for all of you who are starting exams this week :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement