Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Flurry wrote: »
    Yikes!!!

What have people found to be the best value noodles for pro points? I picked up some Blue Dragon ones, which I worked out to be 5 pp per nest. Each nest is definitely a lot less than I would've eaten before WW, but they are actually quite filling.

Also, does anyone know of some low pp stir-fry sauces? Are Blue Dragon ones the best? Or is it easy to make your own?

Oh, while I'm on the subject...any good options for curry sauces? Or is it just a case of using tinned tomatoes and curry powder (the actual spice, not a tub of McDonnells powder) to make my own 0pp version?

I'm a bit clueless when it comes to cooking! :o

i'd would recheck those blue dragon noodles again. make sure your pointing dried weight, i've always found blue dragon to be some the worst out there.

Amoy straight to wok do a few different types of noodles. which are quite good pp value. there all different types are different pp values you'd have to check the packets cos i cant remember them off the top of my head

pasta/rice/noodles should be pointed dry if possible cos cooked weight all depends on how much water you cook them in, and how long for...the longer you cook them for the more water they absorb and weight heavier

jackmax wrote: »
    hi can anyone help with the pp for a slice of luncheon meat? :)

i went shopping today and got my dress for my step daughter's communion. a maxi dress and its a size 12 :eek: I couldn't believe it :D I am sooooooooooooo happy. All my hard work paying off :D I brought 2 dresses into the fitting rooms and they were 14s but they were too big. i still cant believe it :D

depends what meat it is...ham, beef, turkey ect and weight of the slice...

love the feeling of finding clothes too big!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Flurry

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    i'd would recheck those blue dragon noodles again. make sure your pointing dried weight, i've always found blue dragon to be some the worst out there.

Amoy straight to wok do a few different types of noodles. which are quite good pp value. there all different types are different pp values you'd have to check the packets cos i cant remember them off the top of my head

pasta/rice/noodles should be pointed dry if possible cos cooked weight all depends on how much water you cook them in, and how long for...the longer you cook them for the more water they absorb and weight heavier

Just double checked them........and they are 5 pp's (thank god!) :)
    They are Blue Dragon medium egg noodles.

The pack has 6 nests, each weighing 50g dry.
    The nutritional info gives details for 100g (doesn't say if it is cooked or dry) but also has details "per serving". Elsewhere on the packaging it says "contains 6 50g servings".
    I'm pretty sure that means the details given are per dry nest. Hopefully!

It's annoying when company's give misleading information. It's usually only done on products that are very bad though!

Just double checked them........and they are 5 pp's (thank god!) :)
    They are Blue Dragon medium egg noodles.

The pack has 6 nests, each weighing 50g dry.
    The nutritional info gives details for 100g (doesn't say if it is cooked or dry) but also has details "per serving". Elsewhere on the packaging it says "contains 6 50g servings".
    I'm pretty sure that means the details given are per dry nest. Hopefully!

It's annoying when company's give misleading information. It's usually only done on products that are very bad though!

ah okay...i had other blue dragon ones before and i just ended up throwing them out they were SO high in pp. they might have been the instant ones.

Was there an * next to the 100g? sometimes they'll put * next to per 100g
    and underneath they'll explain the * weather its cooked or dried.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Yikes!!!

What have people found to be the best value noodles for pro points? I picked up some Blue Dragon ones, which I worked out to be 5 pp per nest. Each nest is definitely a lot less than I would've eaten before WW, but they are actually quite filling.

Also, does anyone know of some low pp stir-fry sauces? Are Blue Dragon ones the best? Or is it easy to make your own?

Oh, while I'm on the subject...any good options for curry sauces? Or is it just a case of using tinned tomatoes and curry powder (the actual spice, not a tub of McDonnells powder) to make my own 0pp version?

I'm a bit clueless when it comes to cooking! :o

I usually use Sharwoods noodles (no more M&S ones for me) & they are 6pp per nest. Homepride curry sauce works out at 2pp per 1/4 jar & its lovely. We were discussing curry sauces once in my class & my leader says that Homepride were very good on the old points system too.
    jackmax wrote: »
    hi can anyone help with the pp for a slice of luncheon meat? :)

i went shopping today and got my dress for my step daughter's communion. a maxi dress and its a size 12 :eek: I couldn't believe it :D I am sooooooooooooo happy. All my hard work paying off :D I brought 2 dresses into the fitting rooms and they were 14s but they were too big. i still cant believe it :D

Sorry, can't help with the luncheon meat, but just wanted to say a big congratulations on the size 12. I got a size 12 dress for myself a few weeks ago too. Even if it's a generous size 12, it's the fact that it says '12' on the label that's important to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i use dunnes own brand ready cooked noodles..100 g is 2pp well worth it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Username SW Wk1 WK2 % Overall

jackmax 164.5 -3 -3.5 -3.95
    Bubbaloo 189.5 -2.5 -5 -3.95
    bulmersgirl 151.5 -5.5 -1 -3.63
    Misslt 199 -1.5 -4 -2.76
    Layla0509 221 -7 1 -2.71
    tattoo86 200 0.5 -5.5 -2.5
    Aspie_mum 204.5 -4 -0.5 -2.2
    GT_TDI_150 218.5 -3.5 2.5 -0.457
    fofany 160.5 1.5 -2 -0.31
    rachelryan29 130 -1.5 1.5 0
    Eircom Sucks 282 -6 6.5 0.17
    Onnie 148.5 -1 2 0.67
    Millieboo 167 0 2 1.19

thought you weren't sharing ppls starting weight....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

numbernerd wrote: »
    I went to Argos and invested in the Salter scale,

Which one did you get? My mum wants to get one tomorrow so just looking through them on the argos website.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Hey, im going to need some suggestions for excersises.

The foot with the fallen arch is killing me. Deffo no walking/running for a while.

I've no bike, cant afford the gym, cant afford docs or phisios...
    i need some workouts to keep the weight loss going but cant put pressure on my foot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

So much for working the bank holiday weekend helping my plan! Had a day from hell in work, came out at 8, rang himself and asked he wanted a domino's! Am not impressed with myself at all, but I did enjoy it ;)

Will be back on track tomorrow, and have wrote off my weekly's.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

The foot with the fallen arch is killing me. Deffo no walking/running for a while.

i need some workouts to keep the weight loss going but cant put pressure on my foot

i think you should try and sort your foot out first! a more serious injury is not what you need. it would totally re-rail you. Do a little research online for physio exercises you can do at home. im sure there are tonnes of articles and sports injury websites with suggestions!

google *upper body work outs* i'm sure you'll find something you can work on :) weights made out of milk bottles and stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    thought you weren't sharing ppls starting weight....

wasn't meant too

opps , mistake there

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Just after spending ages reading posts,everyone seems to be ticking along nicely,how do ye keep the MOTIVATION up??? I was up 1.5 this week and you would think id say right,this is it,im goin to be good but oh no oppisite affect and cant stick to pps at all since. HELP IS REQUIRED.
    My record is as follows;w2 -3.5;w3-1;w4+1;w5+2;w6-6.5;w7-2.5;w8 sts;w9-.5;w10-2.5;w11-1;w12+2;w13-4.5;w14+1.5 so with all that -and+ i have just over 1st gone with a couple more to go!!!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

fofany wrote: »
    Just a word of warning. I bought these because someone had posted on here that 1/4 packet was 2pp. The nutrition info gives for 100g cooked & per 1/4 pack. There are 4 nests of noodles in the packet. I have eaten these a few times now & couldn't believe that they were only 2pp, so tonight I cooked one of the nests & weighed it. Turns out it weighs 280g when cooked & therefore is 10pp. I feel like complaining to M&S about their labelling. They should have written per 1/4 nest not per pack. Very misleading. Now I have gone way over my pps for the day & have been calculating my stir fries (probably about 4 of them) all wrong the last few weeks.

Hope noone else fell into the trap like me.

I had posted about these a month ago on the exact same thing the medium noodles are 2pp per nest cooked the fine ones are 6pp based on 1 nest I had picked the fine ones up in error & I was sick making chick noodle soup & wasn't going to check the pp assuming they'd be the same as the medium I was shocked when I did! But as I said at the time there's alot more carb in the fine ones. The medium are deffo 2pp per nest (dry weight) & remember if you weigh them cooked they'll weigh ALOT more the longer they cook due to the amt of water they absorb.

Sorry that happened to you Fofany it's so annoying but just draw a line under it. Hope you & the girls have a fab time in Disney nxt week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

wasn't meant too

opps , mistake there
    maybe you both can edit your posts, those that saw cant unsee, but the numbers dont need to stay visible for others to see.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tattoo86

can anyone tell me which brands these might be, out tomorrow night and want to stay close to points.

thanks

There must be something in the air! Alot of us seem to be moody & meh this week.

So I pulled myself out of my crap mood yesterday did my 5k walk yesterday & today did a food shop last night so lots of yummy veg, salad, & fruit in. Took myself into town this morning & even though I don't want to buy clothes ATM I decided to try some on to see! Last night I pulled on a pair of grey jeans I have which are a 16 & I basically lived in them all winter they were out of m&s & had alot of stretch but were snug (skinny Jean type ) anyway they were miles too big & made me look bigger so charity shop bag for those! Anyway I decided to try on a pair of ultra skinny jeans in topshop a size 14 with no stretch for a laugh & they gave me such a boost the waist was too big & granted the Thighs were tight & I would never in a million yrs wanna wear ultra skinny jeans I'm too curvy & short so I feel they make me look shorter & stump like but that said still a great feeling to know I could if I wanted too! So even if the scales said I was up yesterday my measurements say otherwise! :)

Had a massive big salad today & treated myself to an avocado I love them & it was so worth the pp! Going out for japenese food tomorrow so can stay nicely in my points, another 5k tomorrow & hopefully I'll see a nice number on the scales come Friday!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend folks & girls thanks for the support yesterday especially baby & Fofany I really appreciate it & ye made me feel loads better! :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Kay_80 wrote: »
    I had posted about these a month ago on the exact same thing the medium noodles are 2pp per nest cooked the fine ones are 6pp based on 1 nest I had picked the fine ones up in error & I was sick making chick noodle soup & wasn't going to check the pp assuming they'd be the same as the medium I was shocked when I did! But as I said at the time there's alot more carb in the fine ones. The medium are deffo 2pp per nest (dry weight) & remember if you weigh them cooked they'll weigh ALOT more the longer they cook due to the amt of water they absorb.

Sorry that happened to you Fofany it's so annoying but just draw a line under it. Hope you & the girls have a fab time in Disney nxt week :)

Thanks for that. I will look out for the medium ones next time.
    maybe you both can edit your posts, those that saw cant unsee, but the numbers dont need to stay visible for others to see.:p

I hadn't even noticed that the weights were there! I was just looking to see that I wasn't bottom of the table again!

Jackmax well done on getting into a 12 for the communion that's a great feeling im sure you're going to look fab :)

Baby75 I'd echo what others said on the rice you do get used to 60g dried weight for 6pp quite quickly I buy tilda brown basmati ( I like tilda rice good quality & nothing to do with pp value just my preferred brand) & cook it for 30 mins it swells up quite a bit & with a chicken breast (4pp) & loads of free veg can really make a tasty stir fry dinner.

I can't remember who asked on stirfry sauces but I would say make your own! Marinate your meat in some grated garlic, grated ginger sine fresh or dry chilli & 3tbsp soy sauce(1pp) then stirfry the meat in the marinade remove meat from wok & let rest for a few mins while you stirfry your veg add back the meat at the end stir together & drizzle a bit of sesame oil & more soy serve with rice or noodles & it's delish! :)

If you want a thicker type of 'sauce' dip your meat in cornflower before putting the soy etc in it sticks to the chicken & thickens rhe soy etc when stir frying but don't forget to add pp for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

For anyone who lives in Dublin there is a swap shop in Temple Bar, you bring in clothes and she values them and you can buy clothes for the credit she gives you! Better value than a charity shop and can tide you over between sizes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Fair play to all those who fit into smaller sizes over the last few days. Such a fantastic feeling.

Was out for bday drinks last night, have started back drinking west coast cooler again, but it's just such a waste of propoints.
    But the west coast cooler was the least of my worries last night as ibhad a few shots too!

Hopefully getting my new runners today's and then it's back to exercising with a vengeance.

Happy bank holiday Sunday everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

I'm working today and also yesterday so the bank holiday weekend isn't having too much of an effect on me thank goodness.

I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me about the exercise, I'm walking about 3 or days a week and I'm considering my walking as low intensity though maybe it does reach medium at times (!) - anyway in my pocket guide it says 10 minutes of low intensity is 1 PP earned, 30 mins is 2 PP, and then 40 is only 1PP whereas for 50 mins you earn 4PP.

How the blazes can you get 2PP for 30 mins, and only 1 PP for 40????

I'm not using my exercise PP for food, the leader suggested we keep them to show up on the scales.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

there was some misprint in the guide with that as far as I can remember. someone on here put up the correct page but I can't remember who it was :o sorry I can't be of more help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 numbernerd

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Which one did you get? My mum wants to get one tomorrow so just looking through them on the argos website.

Hey,
    It was the one Lainy suggested afew posts back: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/p...t%3ESALTER.htm

It was €31.99 but apparently has been way more previously!

Its really light in weight (like us all soon :P) and its great!I had lots of fun playing with it last night..You can programme in your personal info and then it measures BMI,fat,muscle water etc...

Happy Shopping!

done

numbernerd wrote: »
    Hey,
    It was the one Lainy suggested afew posts back: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/p...t%3ESALTER.htm

It was €31.99 but apparently has been way more previously!

Its really light in weight (like us all soon :P) and its great!I had lots of fun playing with it last night..You can programme in your personal info and then it measures BMI,fat,muscle water etc...

Happy Shopping!

it was 80 when i got it! its fantastic! and great on batteries too, i say i only change them once a year. and you can set it up with your computer to track your progress. I'm doing WW at home so its really important for me to have a decent scales.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

You should really try the exercises I posted, they cost nothing and should help you. In the mean time, try adverts.ie/gumtree/donedeal etc to see if there are any free bike's or exercise bikes in your area. Hope you feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

Hi all, I am following ww at the moment and going well. Today we are having a family picnic and I am looking for ww frendly snacks to bring! Also I know it's not ww linked, but if anyone knows where I could get a picnic rug? Looked in loads of shops yesterday! Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi all, I am following ww at the moment and going well. Today we are having a family picnic and I am looking for ww frendly snacks to bring! Also I know it's not ww linked, but if anyone knows where I could get a picnic rug? Looked in loads of shops yesterday! Thanks

aldi or lidl might have some. i know they are doing loads of BBQ and festival stuff at the moment

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement