Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    have a great time! Be safe up on the mountains!

Thanks missus!
    I'll take it handy surely!

Lookin forward to gettin outta work for a WHOLE WEEK!
    Woo!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

So had my WI this morning & I was down 2lb :) absolutely thrilled I'm now 12 St 3lb & 1lb away from my 10% loss:D I'm so so happy really think doing the Davina DVD helped sweat some of that off so I feel great!! 18lbs gone now & I'm actually beginning to see it & feel it!

Had a great night out last night went for tapas & was really good ate lots but enjoyed every bite & didn't just fill up on paella heading off for a massage & facial now that's my reward for hitting the stone Mark a few wks ago & my easteregg for myself! Think I'll have a curly Wurly & some of that nom nom white Choc with dried strawberries in it from Lidl :)

Happy Easter everyone have a great weekend & keep up all the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Just had another Cajun chicken salad, this time with balsamic vinegar...oh my lord it was gorgeous! If someone had have told me 3 months ago that I'd be eating salad for lunch I'd have laughed at them!!

Made the lemon fairy cakes last night, they're so gorgeous.

Getting well stuck into the study, its easier than I thought it would be being at home every day, I'm glad I have to study, keeping me in a routine! And exercise is a great break!

Now, back to futures and forward contracts (why did I choose finance??!)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Kay_80 wrote: »
    So had my WI this morning & I was down 2lb :) absolutely thrilled I'm now 12 St 3lb & 1lb away from my 10% loss:D I'm so so happy really think doing the Davina DVD helped sweat some of that off so I feel great!! 18lbs gone now & I'm actually beginning to see it & feel it!

Had a great night out last night went for tapas & was really good ate lots but enjoyed every bite & didn't just fill up on paella heading off for a massage & facial now that's my reward for hitting the stone Mark a few wks ago & my easteregg for myself! Think I'll have a curly Wurly & some of that nom nom white Choc with dried strawberries in it from Lidl :)

Happy Easter everyone have a great weekend & keep up all the good work!

Mmmm tapas. Love it!

I have a boot full of paté, cheese, olives, crackers, wine ..... roll on the weekend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

misslt wrote: »
    Just had another Cajun chicken salad, this time with balsamic vinegar...oh my lord it was gorgeous! If someone had have told me 3 months ago that I'd be eating salad for lunch I'd have laughed at them!!

Made the lemon fairy cakes last night, they're so gorgeous.

Getting well stuck into the study, its easier than I thought it would be being at home every day, I'm glad I have to study, keeping me in a routine! And exercise is a great break!

Now, back to futures and forward contracts (why did I choose finance??!)

I hear you there! I'm buried in genetics and evolution for the day.
    (animal care)

but its keeping me distracted from the fridge...and i get engulfed in it, trying to look at pass papers and find a patterns and style of questions. We had pre's a few weeks ago, he did say 20% of what appeared on the pre is definitely going to be on the real exam, which is handy :P

i find re writing my notes out again as kinda summary notes works in two ways for me....i'm writing so my hands are busy (cant be eating) and actually writing it will hopefully make it sink in haha!

Have studied nutrition alot on this course...which has been kinda cool...understanding what exactly the foods do...and under standing what exactly fat is and what it does and difference between saturated and unsaturated...and why carbs make us put on weight...

Too many carbs in the body and it gets turned into fat! (that little line alone helped me stay off bread)

and stay away from anything that says hydrogenated fats (trans fats).....
    those things are BAD BAD BAD in a really bad way....(they're banned in New York)

• Advertisement

if anyone ever does want a copy of the nutrition notes from college happy to throw them up. there in powerpoint format. granted i'm doing animal care....
    but it is nutrition of mammals...which includes us :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I hear you there! I'm buried in genetics and evolution for the day.
    (animal care)

Sounds far more interesting than an essay on collection management policies in libraries :) I will be so bloody happy when I finish this masters. Study usually makes me want to eat but I think its more a case of it being an excuse to get away from the books. Have resisted so far and will head up to the shop now and get some salady stuff. All misslt's talk of cajun chicken salads has me craving one :)

Gutted that the weather is so crappy today. Hopefully it'll clear up later so we can go for our walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Sounds far more interesting than an essay on collection management policies in libraries :) I will be so bloody happy when I finish this masters. Study usually makes me want to eat but I think its more a case of it being an excuse to get away from the books. Have resisted so far and will head up to the shop now and get some salady stuff. All misslt's talk of cajun chicken salads has me craving one :)

Gutted that the weather is so crappy today. Hopefully it'll clear up later so we can go for our walk.

Yup, the salad was gorgeous. Its clearing up this side of town so all is not lost!

Everyone seems to be studying at the minute, hate exam time :(

This may sound gross....and i have no idea why i like it....but i do.

2 whole eggs + 2 extra egg whites (5pp)
    large can of ww spagetti (5pp)

scramble all the eggs and whites together...then add the can of spagetti to the eggs and heat thru... it doesn't look pretty...but i like it...and takes minutes to make...and its a massive plate of food for 10pp

I used to like ketchup on eggs as a kid so maybe thats why i like it :P

of course one could just have the scrambled eggs on a plate, and put the spagetti in a bowl, instead of mixing :p

10pp and i'm stuffed! full of protein now :P so all set for another couple of hours of notes and study, then treadmill! (ipod IS charged)

*if you hate wasting the egg yolk, mix it into some dog food...eggs good for dogs this time of year* (arent i just a fountain of knowledge today....maybe the studying is working)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

misslt wrote: »
    Yup, the salad was gorgeous. Its clearing up this side of town so all is not lost!

Everyone seems to be studying at the minute, hate exam time :(

Studying atm as well :( Going to make a pot of zero point carrot soup later because my snacking urges are taking over. Diet coke and low point snacks are my saviour atm. Only problem is the snacks may be low points but it's the amount of them!

Had a motivational moment today. Was in my local supermarket and met a friend of my mums and my next door neighbour and neither of them recognised me not even my neighbour :D My neighbour was in shock with the amount of weight I've lost. It's really spurred me on the have a loss next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Not gonna lie, Lainy, that defo doesn't sound like my cup of tea! But then I hate scrambled eggs with a passion - yuk yuk yuk! If you like it, that's all that matters!

Where is my lovely sunny day gone! It is lashing out of the heavens! Grrr, had great plans to do my core w/o outside in the garden - hopefully it's only a shower!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jodibobs

Hi to everyone. Ive been reading your posts for last few weeks and find them so helpful and motivating. i've been in weight watchers for 15 months. i got to my goal this week,losing 3st 12lbs in total. i just want to yell all of you how thrilled i am and how much happier i am,and if i could do it anyone can. its not always easy,but planning and preparation are key. have a great weekend and happy easter.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

went to ww yesterday lunchtime,after an absence of 2 weeks,due to broken arm,not able to drive and no-one available at time to bring me,anyway made it yesterday by the skin of my teeth-stood up on scales-...........wait for it.......down 4.5lbs! to say i was delighted is an under statement!!!!! hadn't been very good as i thought,only i have been goin for a walk and prob not as much snackin as id be havin if i was in work!!!(work in kitchen so around food a lot),anyway im happy out,well done to all the losers and happy easter to all!! enjoy the good weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mollie57

Micki thats a fantastic weight loss - has your "best friend" got a dog and a white stick????? No one could miss how great you must look now - sometimes when dressed up I wait for someone to say how good I look (- 1st 10lbs) and am dissapointed when they dont, but often they will notice on a day when I dont expect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Elemis

Just want to say Happy Easter to everyone, and thanks for pulling me out of the rut I was in this last week :) Your support has been invaluable and has given me the drive to keep on with WW. Bags packed and ready to fly off on hols tomorrow morning, will hopefully stay on track with good food choices while i'm away!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Mollie57 wrote: »
    Micki thats a fantastic weight loss - has your "best friend" got a dog and a white stick????? No one could miss how great you must look now - sometimes when dressed up I wait for someone to say how good I look (- 1st 10lbs) and am dissapointed when they dont, but often they will notice on a day when I dont expect it.

Thanks Mollie! I really dont know what the problem is! As we were saying, it is the ones that are supposed to be closest to us that dont acknowledge it! I was this girls bridesmaid a few months ago, when she bought the dress i asked her to get a smaller size and i said i would fit into it, the dress didnt fit at first, i got into it in a few weeks and then it had to be taken in for the wedding and not a word about me having lost weight! I actually find a lot more men say it than women, which is more embarrassing but i think girls are just bitchy! You done great too with weight loss, almost 2 stone... Every lb is hard work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

oh no!!! im sooo annoyed with myself!!! i was feeling sorry for myself working on good friday! so on my lunch i went over to dunnes and got 4 chicken goujans...a small bit of coleslaw from the salad bar on a pitta bread :mad: can anyone guess how many pp would be in that?? im afraid:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Dear lord I've fallen off the wagon feel so stupid coz I've been doing so well went out for drinks after work yesterday haven't been on a work night out since Jan I just lost the run of myself stuck to bulmers light but pint bottles of it then the berry one when they ran out of the light then a double vodka oh god even writing this I feel ashamed then ended the night with a chicken Shish kebab with extra garlic & chilli sauce and chips  and today I've not stopped eating not hungover just really tired little one had me up at 7 I just can't seem to fill this hole in my tummy today and it's only 7 o'clock  have my bloody WI in the morning so thinking I might just have a dinner drink tonnes of water and not worry too much coz I've had a cracking couple of wks lately I'll be super good from tomoro fresh wk n all

my god i had no idea it had gotten so late. i was wondering why my stomach was roaring at me! Got so much revision done...totally lost track of time that i didnt get to the treadmill...but but thats okay...and i've managed to get thru the whole day (so far) without any snacking :O

mmmm silly question....how do ye crack a frozen pizza in half? last time i tried it on the kitchen counter...it kinda smashed into millions of peices. I have a ristorante Hawai in the freezer i wanna do half of it tomorrow night with some wedges! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

and stay away from anything that says hydrogenated fats (trans fats).....
    those things are BAD BAD BAD in a really bad way....(they're banned in New York)

What kind of foods have trans fats? Like how can you look out for them because I have only ever seen sat and unsat fats.

Re the pizza: never cracked one in half myself from frozen, but an idea maybe would be get a knife and something to use a bit of a hammer and go along half way banging the knife into it a few times. Be careful though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I can't multi quote as I'm on my phone but well done on all the losses! To anyone who has friends making comments on their eating - throughout college (I was the only girl) all the guys would say are you eating again and I would say yes I'm hungry - what about it... I would be eating fruit when they were eating chocolate!? Don't listen to what anyone says, you know yourself that you are doing well and chocolate isn't the end of the world :D

Also if you are running / trying please, please for the sake of your joints get good runners (Asics Kayano are one of the best and 100 delivered)!?

I have to agree don't pre weigh, it can be detrimental to your weight loss, anymore than once a week can become a bad obsession...

I got Eve's chocolates for Easter (real cream chocolates) I was thinking 6pp each - what do ye think??

Happy Easter everyone and remember YES YOU CAN :D

Monife wrote: »
    What kind of foods have trans fats? Like how can you look out for them because I have only ever seen sat and unsat fats.

Re the pizza: never cracked one in half myself from frozen, but an idea maybe would be get a knife and something to use a bit of a hammer and go along half way banging the knife into it a few times. Be careful though!

they'll be in the ingredients with all the lovely long words cant pronounce, "hydrogenated fats". I think anyone one watching there weight or doing weight watchers would generally be safe, i think trans fats mainly used in fatty foods.

trans fats are pretty much unsaturated fats which scientists have tinkered with in a lab and turned into saturated fats. but i think foods have to state in the ingredients if it contains these kind of fats.

so much crap they pump into food!

just wondering do any of ye eat extra light the day/night before a WI? what time do ye stop eating and drinking the night before a WI?

i've just finished dinner...but i have a tonne of pp left. but dont wanna have loads of food in my system in the morning when i get on the scales.

But its friday night......

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

I know its wrong, but i have my WI at lunch time on a Wed and I don't eat before it at all. Very wrong I know, but I just can't bring myself to eat before it. I find it can make nearly a half stone difference some days

Dee01 wrote: »
    I know its wrong, but i have my WI at lunch time on a Wed and I don't eat before it at all. Very wrong I know, but I just can't bring myself to eat before it. I find it can make nearly a half stone difference some days

yep thats why i couldnt do evening WI's....i would be terrified to eat all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

My WI is at 6:15 on a Tuesday evening and I still have my breakfast at 9:30am and my lunch at 1pm as normal. I don't see the point in starving myself all day because thats not what WW is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Not eating or drinking on weigh day you are only fooling yourself especailly if you have a late weigh in.

Just take a hit one week on the weigh in and then you wont be fussin about it all the time but I would suggest wearing the same/simillar things each week and eat and drink roughly the same food.... I am Luckly i weigh in at 9.30am so i have a glass of water and a fruit and fibre bar before hand each week. Then between weigh in and class I have brekkie with the girls from my class while she weighs the rest...... Its a real good chat between that and this thread i get so much support:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

just wondering do any of ye eat extra light the day/night before a WI? what time do ye stop eating and drinking the night before a WI?

i've just finished dinner...but i have a tonne of pp left. but dont wanna have loads of food in my system in the morning when i get on the scales.

But its friday night......

As long as you don't eat foods that will make you bloated you should be ok! Re the pizza try to cut it and it will make a dent so to speak in the pizza and it should break off easily enough then.

On WI day I eat breakfast, then a light lunch with an apple and a snack so I'm still full. I generally stop eating about 2/3 hours before WI (I WI at 6.30). I also wouldn't drink a lot of water in the hour before. I definitely wouldn't starve myself though. If you eat every week before WI and similar foods then it shouldn't adjust your weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 stanlea

Hi all, was in Avoca today and had a small plate salad of their couscous, 3 bean salad and pea, feta n mint. Anyone have a clue of the points for that?

• Advertisement

aspie mum wrote: »
    Not eating or drinking on weigh day you are only fooling yourself especailly if you have a late weigh in.

Just take a hit one week on the weigh in and then you wont be fussin about it all the time but I would suggest wearing the same/simillar things each week and eat and drink roughly the same food.... I am Luckly i weigh in at 9.30am so i have a glass of water and a fruit and fibre bar before hand each week. Then between weigh in and class I have brekkie with the girls from my class while she weighs the rest...... Its a real good chat between that and this thread i get so much support:cool:

I WI first thing saturday morning at home, then straight down to breakfast,
    When i did go to meetings it was 10am, so again it was kinda first thing in the morning get up, head to meeting, then go for late breakfast in coffee shop with one the girls from the meeting :) I always chose morning classes, because i knew fasting all day was just insane and really unhealthy....

I prob wont eat anything solid for the rest of the evening nothing, i've had a decent breakfast, lunch and dinner, but night have some soup or hot chocolate later, both water based and really low in pp :)

This is my routine every week, but i just thought it was interesting to see what other ppl do. tricks of the trade :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement