Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

1/4 of an easter egg 7pp gone! I want more! But have to be disciplined. Look at it this way, at least the egg will last me 3 more days and then the bars another 3 days. Must stay away now from everyone elses! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    wow slept light like a rock last night! that 5k must have wiped me out :) woke up this morning wired and ready to take on the world :P

Not an easter egg in site....but my mum is home tonight, so there will be a major grocery shop tomorrow....it will take all my strength to resist the reduced to clear easter eggs :O

(i may just have to stuff my gob with a few ww cakes to control the sweet tooth)

Hoping to get in another 5k today :)

You need to take a rest day as the salt in your muscles hasn't replenished yet and you could cramp and injuring yourself, either have a rest day or only do a 5k walk, don't jog / walk too strenuously!? You defo don't want an injury!??

You are doing great and I know you'll resist the chocolate eggs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Pembily wrote: »
    You need to take a rest day as the salt in your muscles hasn't replenished yet and you could cramp and injuring yourself, either have a rest day or only do a 5k walk, don't jog / walk too strenuously!? You defo don't want an injury!??

You are doing great and I know you'll resist the chocolate eggs!

I never jog/run, i only walk it. Just trying to build my stamina back up, i was only off the treadmill for about a month of so, while i was finishing up college, Last summer, I used to work out 5 times a week, 2 days intense resistance, 3 days moderate cardio, 2 days off, Last few months lucky if i fitted in 2 or 3 times a week, and last few weeks. i was lucky if i had time to sleep let alone do anything else....LMAO i actually threw out my shoulder from working too much at the computer! LMAO

Shoe Lover - don't count the fruit, it's really not that much!?
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Bit of backgroud ...

back in Sept '09, my wife's cousin gave up chocolate for a month, in October '09 she challenged me to a month without chocolate(I used to go 'home' to belgium once a year and bring back a 'years' supply of chocolate(7-10kg:eek:) and would have it all ate in the first 4-5 weeks:eek:), by the time we went to visit them in Jan '10 I still hadnt eaten chocolate, so we made it a 50 bet that we would go a year without(chocolate :D). In August '10 she was here on hols and we doubled the bet and set the end date @ Xmas '11. Up to now I've had no issues sticking to it, but :( .....

All my family know about the bet so last year I got no easter eggs, however, this year there is a 13month old little man running around here and he got 7 easter eggs. Tis morning he got some pieces and his mother broke the remainder to put the chocolate in a tub in the cupboard.

The chocolate smells SAVAGE!!!:mad: It's the first time in 17months that I've really,really wanted chocolate!!:(:mad:

Either me or the chocolate is going to have to move out!;)

OHMYGOD I commend your will power and think it's amazing that you've stayed off it... Well done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Donegal3

Hi guys I am two weeks into Weight Watchers and so far I have lost 9lb:D and I am delighted with the results so far. Have been reading over some of the posts and I love the recipes. Can't wait to try them. Everyone is doing so well so far, I hope you don't mind me joining in. I think this might keep me motivated as I am doing the WI at home my DH does this every Tuesday morning as I don't think I would be motivated enough to do it myself. Hope everyone is having a great Easter

• Advertisement

I never jog/run, i only walk it.

Ah right that's grand! My sister was telling me all this! Also if you ever wanna exercise after alcohol, drink a pint of water with half a tsp of sugar and salt in it before you go to bed!?

Donegal3 wrote: »
    Hi guys I am two weeks into Weight Watchers and so far I have lost 9lb:D and I am delighted with the results so far. Have been reading over some of the posts and I love the recipes. Can't wait to try them. Everyone is doing so well so far, I hope you don't mind me joining in. I think this might keep me motivated as I am doing the WI at home my DH does this every Tuesday morning as I don't think I would be motivated enough to do it myself. Hope everyone is having a great Easter

Welcome best of luck with it. 9 lbs is amazing in 2 weeks, don't be surprised when it slows down a bit but I think its the best programme to be on to loose weight and sustain it. Well done for joining just before Easter ha ha, with 2 bank holidays and all eek thats will power for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Happy Easter everyone... to those who are having an egg enjoy and those who are not be strong.. I was given a lindt chocolate bunny 200grams 30pp:eek: it worked out at so gave it to my niece, instead im having 2 malteaser bunnies and cheese and onion taytos Yummy:D cant wait...

went shopping yesterday, spent a fortune (opps:o) but more importantly was down a size:D so happy so done a huge clear out this morning and got rid of everything thats to big for me:D... Happy out:D...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Feeling a bit sorry for myself, but only have myself to blame. My scales are showing a gain of 2lb :(

Haven't tracked the last few days and attempted to write down all what I ate/drank and looks like I have gone over my PP and weeklies by approx 40PP :(

And I think I left my mp3 player in the hotel :( Was all ready to go for 5km walk and then ripped the flat apart looking for it and now totally demotivated and don't have time to go for one now as going for Easter dinner with my mum in an hour.

So after today, only have Monday and Tuesday to get back on track which I don't think will be enough to balance the scales. Really don't want to see a gain, any tips on what I could do? Going to go for 5km walk tomorrow. Was going to attempt the 20 minute jog of couch to 5k on Tuesday but am thinking I might do another 5km walk, would that be better? Also going to try and just eat 29PP (out of my 33PP) for Monday and Tuesday...

Ugh, I need to get back in control!!

Pembily wrote: »
    Ah right that's grand! My sister was telling me all this! Also if you ever wanna exercise after alcohol, drink a pint of water with half a tsp of sugar and salt in it before you go to bed!?

yep...thats the hard core way of recharging the electrolytes! (blah) Bottle of lucozade sport will work too, cos its already isotonically balanced so its absorbed into the blood faster. (dear god....i think i've actually learned something from college :O )

• Advertisement

lil kc wrote: »
    Welcome best of luck with it. 9 lbs is amazing in 2 weeks, don't be surprised when it slows down a bit but I think its the best programme to be on to loose weight and sustain it. Well done for joining just before Easter ha ha, with 2 bank holidays and all eek thats will power for you!

Thanks Lil Kc I had to finally bite the bullet and lose weight it's definately not easy!!! Just have to work on the exercise now as well and get fit. I would not be a huge fan of chocolate, crisps would be my downfall!!! Not a huge drinker either my DH always calls me a cheap date haha!!!

Monife wrote: »
    Feeling a bit sorry for myself, but only have myself to blame. My scales are showing a gain of 2lb :(

Haven't tracked the last few days and attempted to write down all what I ate/drank and looks like I have gone over my PP and weeklies by approx 40PP :(

And I think I left my mp3 player in the hotel :( Was all ready to go for 5km walk and then ripped the flat apart looking for it and now totally demotivated and don't have time to go for one now as going for Easter dinner with my mum in an hour.

So after today, only have Monday and Tuesday to get back on track which I don't think will be enough to balance the scales. Really don't want to see a gain, any tips on what I could do? Going to go for 5km walk tomorrow. Was going to attempt the 20 minute jog of couch to 5k on Tuesday but am thinking I might do another 5km walk, would that be better? Also going to try and just eat 29PP (out of my 33PP) for Monday and Tuesday...

Ugh, I need to get back in control!!

RING THE HOTEL! I WOULD DIE WITH OUT MY MUSIC

izzy24 wrote: »
    Happy Easter everyone... to those who are having an egg enjoy and those who are not be strong.. I was given a lindt chocolate bunny 200grams 30pp:eek: it worked out at so gave it to my niece, instead im having 2 malteaser bunnies and cheese and onion taytos Yummy:D cant wait...

went shopping yesterday, spent a fortune (opps:o) but more importantly was down a size:D so happy so done a huge clear out this morning and got rid of everything thats to big for me:D... Happy out:D...

hehe i did that too this week, while my mum is away...washed and ironed my whole wardrobe....threw out all the stuff thats too big on me...cos it just makes me look even BIGGER! lol there's been a few times recently where i've had to throw stuff into the dryer to kinda shrink it a lil to make it fit better :O

Got out last years maxi dresses, great thing is...even if you drop/gain a size they still fit....but wow they are just hanging in me SO much better than they were last year :D must get shoes....i refuse to buy new clothes at the moment....but i cant deny my self shoes :P

Thanks Lil Kc I had to finally bite the bullet and lose weight it's definately not easy!!! Just have to work on the exercise now as well and get fit. I would not be a huge fan of chocolate, crisps would be my downfall!!! Not a huge drinker either my DH always calls me a cheap date haha!!!

Oh god you're lucky then cos all of those things are my downfall! Well getting the food side of things correct i.e.: planning, pointing and tracking first was the best thing for me and then about a month into it I got on board with the exercise. Its always about small changes for me anyway and then once i get used to a new change ill make another one. Also variety in foods is really important, I know I got used to having the same foods all the time and got very bored very quickly and started picking again. I'm sure you know all that from your classes anyway :)

welcome on board! today i think will be mostly about chocolate. lol

this thread is great! I'm doing it from home too :) so this is my meeting...except its 10 times better than a meeting :)

This is a spreadsheet that GT_TDI_150 did out with all the recipes :Dplenty to keep you go

No easter egg for me...but i will be digging into a few skinny cow ice creams letter :D

(recipes attached)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

hehe i did that too this week, while my mum is away...washed and ironed my whole wardrobe....threw out all the stuff thats too big on me...cos it just makes me look even BIGGER! lol there's been a few times recently where i've had to throw stuff into the dryer to kinda shrink it a lil to make it fit better :O

Got out last years maxi dresses, great thing is...even if you drop/gain a size they still fit....but wow they are just hanging in me SO much better than they were last year :D must get shoes....i refuse to buy new clothes at the moment....but i cant deny my self shoes :P

oh i totaly agree if its to big for you it can make u look twice as big thats why i needed to get a few bits so thats me done now till my holidays shopping wise but it was great yesterday... oh shoes dont talk to me about shoes a would spend a fortune had to make myself stop but when its a bit closer to my holidays will have to invest in a few pairs ha ha:D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH 1.30....right really gotta get some studying done!

told my self i was coming on for 5 mins....like an hour ago :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

My easter egg is staring at me. Seriously. Through the cupboard door.

I've left weeklies for it, but I don't want it until later.

Roasting a chicken later, lots of veg and a few spuds, if I roast them in flora light do I only have to count the points in the potatoes and the flora? I think that's a stupid question but I want to be sure :)

welcome on board! today i think will be mostly about chocolate. lol

this thread is great! I'm doing it from home too :) so this is my meeting...except its 10 times better than a meeting :)

This is a spreadsheet that GT_TDI_150 did out with all the recipes :Dplenty to keep you go

No easter egg for me...but i will be digging into a few skinny cow ice creams letter :D

(recipes attached)

Thanks a million Lady Lainy I'd say this will also become my meeting there is great support on this from what I can see. I am putting together a recipe folder so thanks for the recipes:D.

AH see Lainy I'm not a fan of lucozade at all so I do the water! Yes you are learning :D Now go study...

Misslt yup that's all you have to point - spuds and butter, if you add some salt, pepper, garlic and balsamic vinegar and roast on high they are fab :D:D

I'll post a 0pt Butternut squash and leek soup later when I'm on my laptop :D:D:D

Monife I'm not sure about pulling back on the points, I would but though you're not meant to :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

for anyone who just got a new phone you can trade in your old phone for boots points on your card :) old phones for make up ladies :D

http://www.bootsrecycle.com/consumer/

When i get to 42lbs loss (that'll be 3 stone) i'm going to buy me self a new android phone, the one i want is only about 100 euro :) (which aint that much really when it comes to smartphones)
    hey lainy, i just got a htc hd7(windows phone) and absolutly love it, i'm sure there will be a ww app for them soon too! Hope you hit your target.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Zippidy wrote: »
    Hi Lainey,

Just to say, there is no way that you are putting on muscle. To put on noticeable muscle you need between 300 and 1000 mg of testosterone per declitre of blood. Most men have 500mg per decilitre.

Most women have 50mg - a heck of a lot less.

Second, even strong men who work out hard can only manage to put on 1lb of muscle PER MONTH.

Third, they generally eat 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight, and eat about 100 calories of surplus per day.

You aren't getting that much protein, you're eating at a deficit, you're not doing hard weights (I really mean hard here), and your testosterone is insufficient to put on any noticeable muscle because you're a woman, not to mention all of the other factors....

I think it's good that people know this, cos u often hear "ooh I must have put on muscle since I joined the gym two weeks ago, I'm heavier." If it was that easy we would all look like Schwarzeneggar.

I hope you don't take this post wrongly.... you are doing BRILLIANT work with your weight loss. But muscle growth ain't happening :o

This is really good information to know! I didnt know this, that's that excuse out the window now when i kill myself exercising and only lose 0.5lb :D

Oh my god its only getting worse, Mams Easter Sunday roast, delicious but lethal. Ignoring it, did a 40 minute uphill walk Friday, Saturday and Today and plan to do it again tomorrow and only had a couple of drinks on Thursday night so hopefully I haven't done too much damage, WI not til Thursday so still have 3 days to make an impact. EEK :rolleyes:

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    hey lainy, i just got a htc hd7(windows phone) and absolutly love it, i'm sure there will be a ww app for them soon too! Hope you hit your target.

i'll be on prepay so wont be going that fancy..that phone is about 400 euro prepay,

looking at the sony ericsson x10 mini pro €179 on o2 prepay, or €113 sim free on ebay from the uk :D

Tip for ppl: Never buy mobiles outside europe on ebay. Less consumer protection! (i speak from experience) UK & Germany are best countries i've found for buying electronics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Just went totaly bananas with the dinner....always have Lamb on Easter i think i had most of the leg eaten before we sat down also i put butter and milk in the spuds and in the turnip& carrott mash also made chesse sauce for the cauliflower and put lamb fat on the roasties and in the gravy......just they way I always cooked .........then eat my EGG 15pp(small buttons)

Thing is it was not much nicer then when I Make it with out the fatts and now i feel sick and bloated and have very little points left for the week:mad:

Better get on the trainer for the few days left till WI...............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

ok folks will post ww league table results in a few mins ok

Week 1 Results Lost/Gain Total % Lost / Gained

1st Bulmersgirl -5.5 -3.63
    2nd Layla0509 -7 -3.16
    3rd Eircom_Sucks -6 -2.12
    4th Aspie_Mum -4 -1.95
    5th Jackmax -3 -1.82
    6th Amre17 -2.5 -1.67
    7th Golf_TDI_150 -3.5 -1.6
    8th Irishfm -2.5 -1.51
    9th Bubbaloo -2.5 -1.31
    10th Saexpat -2 -1.19
    11th Rachelryan29 -1.5 -1.15
    12th Misslt -1.5 -0.75
    13th ibarelycare -1.5 -0.69
    14th Onnie -1 -0.67
    15th Kty -0.5 -0.32
    16th millieboo 0 0
    17th tatoo86 0.5 0.25
    18th fofany86 1.5 0.93

Now remember it isn't a race , i hope it gives people the drive , those who never pm me their weight results are now excluded sadly , thanks to all and well done , and remember this weeks results before sat , to drive you up the table

nothing to be ashamed of people , even the people who gained as we all have bad weeks , im having a horrible weekend with points , eggs etc :(

Week 1 Results Lost/Gain Total % Lost / Gained

1st Bulmersgirl -5.5 -3.63
    2nd Layla0509 -7 -3.16
    3rd Eircom_Sucks -6 -2.12
    4th Aspie_Mum -4 -1.95
    5th Jackmax -3 -1.82
    6th Amre17 -2.5 -1.67
    7th Golf_TDI_150 -3.5 -1.6
    8th Irishfm -2.5 -1.51
    9th Bubbaloo -2.5 -1.31
    10th Saexpat -2 -1.19
    11th Rachelryan29 -1.5 -1.15
    12th Misslt -1.5 -0.75
    13th ibarelycare -1.5 -0.69
    14th Onnie -1 -0.67
    15th Kty -0.5 -0.32
    16th millieboo 0 0
    17th tatoo86 0.5 0.25
    18th fofany86 1.5 0.93

Now remember it isn't a race , i hope it gives people the drive , those who never pm me their weight results are now excluded sadly , thanks to all and well done , and remember this weeks results before sat , to drive you up the table

nothing to be ashamed of people , even the people who gained as we all have bad weeks , im having a horrible weekend with points , eggs etc :(

You left me out :( I did PM you my results...

Monife wrote: »
    You left me out :( I did PM you my results...

sorry i never got the pm

• Advertisement

sorry i never got the pm

Definitely sent it. Just checked my sent items. Oh well, good luck with the table.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement