Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dub12345

Just made some gorgeous pitta pizzas!

Used wholemeal pitta bread as a base, topped with salsa, onions, peppers, courgette, jalepenos and a light sprinkle of grated cheese.............DELICIOUS!!

Pop it in the oven for 15 mins and hey presto!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mdbatches

Hi all,

Lost 3.5pounds this week, delighted!m my birthday is next Wednesday and Id love to have beat my first stone by then.. only another three pounds to go!

I found a lovely recipe for lemon and poppyseed cupcakes, they look gorgeous but I have no idea how to point them. I was wondering if any baking buffs could help me out with the pp's. I was thinking of making a batch for easter sunday as a replacement for the chocolate eggs! :)

Ingredients
    225g self-raising flour
    175g golden caster sugar
    zest 2 lemons
    1 tbsp poppy seeds , toasted
    3 eggs
    100g natural yogurt
    175g butter , melted and cooled a little

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey all, I left my book in a friends and making dinner, could anyone tell me how many pp are in a baby potato? I'm guessing 1pp ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

so how are people preparing to handle the weekend? ppl going to point egg or avoiding them all together...or having one and just pretending it didnt happen :P

As it stands not a single easter egg in the house...no one to buy me one :P I'm getting a litre of vodka instead haha :P the mammy is on holidays....DUTY FREE BOOZE :P

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

I know fajitas have been mentioned recently here but could do with a little bit of help,I had them this evening, the chicken was 4 PP, the WW wraps were 3PP each (just used em up for the sake of it, def doing the lettuce leaf wrap from now on!) anyway my question is what PP would you give to the old el paso salsa and spice mix that comes in a fajita kit, I used very little of both.

According to the box the wrap, mix and salsa = 4PP. But I thought just one of those wraps was 4PP. I'm obviously missing something though?

Thanks in advance :)

• Advertisement

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey all, I left my book in a friends and making dinner, could anyone tell me how many pp are in a baby potato? I'm guessing 1pp ?

depends on the weight of the actual potato,

100g raw is 2pp

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    so how are people preparing to handle the weekend? ppl going to point egg or avoiding them all together...or having one and just pretending it didnt happen :P

As it stands not a single easter egg in the house...no one to buy me one :P I'm getting a litre of vodka instead haha :P the mammy is on holidays....DUTY FREE BOOZE :P

I'm same as you no eggs in my house! If they're in the house i'd only eat them all

No eggs in my house either. My new leader said at the meeting the other day a curly wurly is 3PP but 2 are 5PP, is this right or do 2 work out at 6PP? (thats what I'm working them out as!) They'd be handy to have in the house for Sun/Mon when the hangover kicks in!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

depends on the weight of the actual potato,

100g raw is 2pp

Thanks lainy, I'll weigh a few from bag cos they are gone now! I'm not a mad potato person so wasn't sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

If you do a search for pizza express on the uk ww site you'll find loads of info.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

intouch44 wrote: »
    No eggs in my house either. My new leader said at the meeting the other day a curly wurly is 3PP but 2 are 5PP, is this right or do 2 work out at 6PP? (thats what I'm working them out as!) They'd be handy to have in the house for Sun/Mon when the hangover kicks in!!!

I think the way it works is that because there are no half points anymore everything is rounded up or down. So say a Curly Wurly is 2.6 for one, you round up to 3pp. Two of them would be 5.2 so you round down to 5. The calculator they sell in class is fantastic though. You can enter in all the nutritional info and then multiply by 2 and it will give you the points for 2 portions, which may not necessarily be double points. Could be more, could be less. For €11 I'd recommend it to anyone.

Skipped my class this week, very bold but really felt I needed to regain some control. Been a good two days and will be taking it very easy drink wise this weekend. No eggs will be in my house either. There may be a BBQ though but wise decisions will be made.

Planning to do lots of walking too and was out last night, tonight and going again tomorrow. It'd be criminal not to make use of that sun. I have a reebok crosstrainer that I bought a few years ago that has been gathering dust so that will be brought back to the land of the living. I hate, hate, hate my upper arms with their blobs of fat and because I have so much to lose I'm worried about loose skin.

Thanks Chinafoot really appreciate that! Wasn't thinking straight when I was going to the meeting the other day and completely forgot the money for calculator, will DEFINITELY get one next week!

Chinafoot wrote: »
    I think the way it works is that because there are no half points anymore everything is rounded up or down. So say a Curly Wurly is 2.6 for one, you round up to 3pp. Two of them would be 5.2 so you round down to 5. The calculator they sell in class is fantastic though. You can enter in all the nutritional info and then multiply by 2 and it will give you the points for 2 portions, which may not necessarily be double points. Could be more, could be less. For €11 I'd recommend it to anyone.

Skipped my class this week, very bold but really felt I needed to regain some control. Been a good two days and will be taking it very easy drink wise this weekend. No eggs will be in my house either. There may be a BBQ though but wise decisions will be made.

Planning to do lots of walking too and was out last night, tonight and going again tomorrow. It'd be criminal not to make use of that sun. I have a reebok crosstrainer that I bought a few years ago that has been gathering dust so that will be brought back to the land of the living. I hate, hate, hate my upper arms with their blobs of fat and because I have so much to lose I'm worried about loose skin.

I'll totally have loads of skin WHEN i lose the weight, me and my friend from yesterday have a pact...we're going to feck off to england for a bit of....tidying up :P i have no issue with it...cos i will have worked my fat ass off to lose all that weight....no point losing it...if I still wont be comfortable with my self..and no amount of dieting and excercise well get rid of skin

nip/tuck/spa/shopping holiday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Just back from WI, -0.5lbs! A bit disappointed because I worked really hard this week but my Leader reckons I might be on a plateau and to eat all of my weeklies next week, so going to give it a go. On the bright side, only 6lb from my goal :)

My leader had a really good idea tonight. She had three cups different distances apart. The middle cup was where we were now in our weight loss. She made us all think about how we felt at the moment, then she pointed out the first cup and said that this represented when we started and we had to think of how we felt then. Then we went back to how we feel now, & obviously everyone was feeling better. Then the third cup was goal so she said to imagine how we would feel at goal. Then we went back to where we are now and she said so how do we get to goal - do what we have been doing from the start. The basic idea was that sometimes we get caught up in "oh it's only 0.5lb, I STS" and we forget how far we've come! I thought it was good anyway. Defo made me feel more motivated:D:D

As requested, here is the workout my brother-in-law gave me!

1. Warm up - 3 min Run/Jumping Jacks/Skip - choose one of these (don't do all three)
    2. 1 min Break
    3. Press ups - sets of 5, 4, 4, 3, 5 with a 45 sec break between each set
    4. 1 min Break
    5. 25 Squats
    6. 1 min Break
    7. Plank - hold for 1 min
    8. 1 min break
    9. Plank - hold for 1 min
    10. 1 min Break
    11. 10 Star Jumps - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/sa/in_the_gym/exercises/newsid_2084000/2084162.stm
    It should take you about 30 mins to complete. Take it easy and don't push yourself - it's tough, consult your doctor first if you need to :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Don't always post, but always reading this thread, LOVE IT, love the receipes, tips, advise, support and motivation - better than any WW meeting

Fair play to all those on the losses this week, for those who aren't happy with their wi keep at it, you'll all get there.

Hope I'm not overstepping the mark now (think i'm an expert now I've got to goal :D ) but one piece of advice I'd give to those who have a sneaky wi on their own scales before acutal wi STOP doing it - honestly it will just wreck your heads, I did it for months but stopped it in Dec & whatever happens at the official wi happens.

Lost 0.5lbs at this weeks wi so I'm now in the "9"'s, hoping to get to 9st 6lbs as my own personal goal, I'll then have a total of 3st lost. STS for the last few weeks finding it much harder to loose the weight now since reaching goal still sticking to my pp & weekly allowance but seem to be stuck in a rut with regard to exercise & with such beautiful weather I should really have no excuses.

No chocolate eggs for me this year, ate enough last Easter to do me for about 10 years, but have a serious drinking session ahead of me for the weekend so chocolate eggs would probably be better for me :eek:

No alarm for the next 4 mornings whoop whoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

Arrragghh I met a friend earlier for coffee and a treat in brambles (had kept 10 of my 34 PPs for it). Ordered a piece of carrot cake thinking it looked the best option out of a lot of bad options (was delish!!) Got home and googled carrot cake and I'm seeing it might be up to 23PP :eek: :eek: :eek:

Please God will somebody please tell me I didn't use nearly a normal persons daily allowance on a bit of bleedin cake!!!!!!
    please, please, please.......

Arrragghh I met a friend earlier for coffee and a treat in brambles (had kept 10 of my 34 PPs for it). Ordered a piece of carrot cake thinking it looked the best option out of a lot of bad options (was delish!!) Got home and googled carrot cake and I'm seeing it might be up to 23PP :eek: :eek: :eek:

Please God will somebody please tell me I didn't use nearly a normal persons daily allowance on a bit of bleedin cake!!!!!!
    please, please, please.......

mmm hate to break it to ya...but carrot cake is lethal!
    depends on the size of the slice and how much cream cheese icing...but i say minimum you'd prob wanna call it is 15pp
    but M&S cafe carrot cake is 23pp cos its got icing on top and loads of layers

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

crap. Oh well whats done is done. Thanks Lainy - I know for next time at least.
    The carrot cake is bad.

crap. Oh well whats done is done. Thanks Lainy - I know for next time at least.
    The carrot cake is bad.

I love love love love carrot cake :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

This is totally off topic but...

I think there is a total PSYCHO living in the flat above mine.

Every weekend (on each night without fail including tonight), the guy upstairs (lives alone) dances around his flat (can hear it on the floor boards) singing really loudly (and badly) and putting loads of effort into it.

I am actually concerned for his welfare ha ha

Monife wrote: »
    This is totally off topic but...

I think there is a total PSYCHO living in the flat above mine.

Every weekend (on each night without fail including tonight), the guy upstairs (lives alone) dances around his flat (can hear it on the floor boards) singing really loudly (and badly) and putting loads of effort into it.

I am actually concerned for his welfare ha ha

maybe he's tryin to do zumba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

men are the worse....sure i was telling the gang....that would be ye...."the gang" :P my last ex actually would use the words "are you eat....again?" He was just an ass......but i like to think....like to hope....that some ppl just dont realise the things they say are so hurtful! just depressing to think...the people we love...the people who are meant to love us would say such hurtful nasty things on purpose....

Just wait until you all get to your goal weight! Then you take great pleasure in people saying "my God, lucky you, ALL you can eat and there's not a pick on you" or my husband jokingly (but so jealously) saying "are you eating again?, where do you put it" or my sister commenting that I'm on the "eat what you like with no consequences ww plan". I love food, I eat food, I plan, I choose and I count it. Comment all you like, I'm healthy & happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

mdbatches wrote: »
    Hi all,

Lost 3.5pounds this week, delighted!m my birthday is next Wednesday and Id love to have beat my first stone by then.. only another three pounds to go!

Go Taurus!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 BabyBlueJeans

Lady Lainy, The Green Isle Frozen Garlic sounds great. Where do you get this? What does the container look like? It would be very handy to make light garlic mayo- yum! Also, does anyone know the pp in dolly mixture? I went to the cinema with my kids today and ate half a bag of them, enjoying them one by one but can't find the pp value of them.

I'm feel so great this am, I just had to tell everyone :D

Had a lie in till 5.55am, a nice breakfast with the OH, then put on my new black jeans, feeling v. happy with how I look today :D:D And am starting my new approach to WW today - try to eat more pp during the day and not last thing at night :o And I'm going to do my Core W/O when I get home too :)

So the plan for today is:

Breakfast:
    30g Porridge made on water (3pp)
    1 sliced banana
    Handfull of blueberries
    1/4 pint Slimline Milk (1pp)

Tea Break:
    1 Banana

Lunch:
    1 can WW Tuna & Sweetcorn (2pp)
    Mixed Salad (0pp)
    1 Tbsp Low Fat Coleslaw (1pp)
    1 Diet Yogurt (1pp)

Snacks:
    3 Salt & Vinegar Rice Cakes (2pp)
    1/4 pint Slimline Milk (1pp)

Dinner:
    Vegetable Chow Mein (10pp) - From the takeaway as a treat :)

Will probably throw in a WW bar or else a Curly Wurly too :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

I'm only utterly depressed with life today! Was up 0.5lb at WI last night. I know it can be lost again but this is the first time in months I had a gain and after me feeling so good about everything yesterday uggh. So I did the one thing that I have refused to do throughout the whole process and went and bought a load of WW products. Had one of the meals last night and it was rotten! Should have trusted my gut instinct. Anyway had drinks and snacks with friends last night and have drawn a line under last week. This weekend is gonna be tough! :(

Lady Lainy, The Green Isle Frozen Garlic sounds great. Where do you get this? What does the container look like? It would be very handy to make light garlic mayo- yum! Also, does anyone know the pp in dolly mixture? I went to the cinema with my kids today and ate half a bag of them, enjoying them one by one but can't find the pp value of them.

its in a little foil bag, it should be in frozen section with the green isle frozen ve. for months i've only ever seen it in my own local supevalu, but now its in tesco,
    its real garlic, just frozen so smells so good when cooking...

it was too sunny to study yesterday....now its too wet and dull that i just want to go back to bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Just wanted to post to say Happy Easter everyone!

I'm off to Doolin for a week tomorrow. We've booked a cottage by the sea so will be stocking up the car later with supplies!
    I did 2 hours in the gym last night and I'm climbing the mountain beside my house this afternoon so I won't feel guilty about eating some of the wensleydale with cranberries that I bought in Super Valu last night.
    Nom nom nom!

Our wee holiday will include lots of hiking I'm sure so I'm not going to feel guilty about having nice dinners and a few pints of Guinness!

Hope everyone enjoys the long weekend!

:cool:

• Advertisement

dammitj wrote: »
    Just wanted to post to say Happy Easter everyone!

I'm off to Doolin for a week tomorrow. We've booked a cottage by the sea so will be stocking up the car later with supplies!
    I did 2 hours in the gym last night and I'm climbing the mountain beside my house this afternoon so I won't feel guilty about eating some of the wensleydale with cranberries that I bought in Super Valu last night.
    Nom nom nom!

Our wee holiday will include lots of hiking I'm sure so I'm not going to feel guilty about having nice dinners and a few pints of Guinness!

Hope everyone enjoys the long weekend!

:cool:

have a great time! Be safe up on the mountains!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement