Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Well done to everyone, great losses all round this week from what I can see.

I skipped WI last week cos i just couldn't face it. Biggest mistake ever cos i went mad on the take away's and booze for 10 days. I (very reluctantly) climbed back on to the wagon on Sunday and have kind of done a detox until today. I hadn't decided to go to WI or not today, but just said feck it, I might as well go and get my telling off.

I nearly fell off the scales when my leader told me I was down 2.5lbs and hit my 3rd silver 7. Delighted doesn't cover how happy I was. I honestly thought I was up about 3 or 4 lbs.

I told her everything and she said the detox probably helped, but to 'cop on' (not in those words) now and track everything this week again. I got such a boost from today's class, that I really think I am finally back on track.

The theme in class today was Easter (surprise :P) and she showed us what 100g of choclate looked like and put it beside the alternitive choices (i.e. 3 course meal's!). FOr me, the choc is just not worth it. 15pp for 100g :eek:

Anyway, onwards and downwards, and well done again to everyone. Keep up the good work ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Jewow wrote: »
    I'm looking in my ww eat out book it doesn't do a pepperoni sub specifically but pepperoni toastie is 7 classic subs range from 9-14 pp

all the subway info is on there website...

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Elemis wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

well my lack of motivation showed on the scales...up 2lbs. Feel so bloody down and fed up. Once i lost the stone everything slowed down and it felt like i was losing single pounds by the skin of my teeth. Finding it very hard to keep within points and just lacking motivation full stop.

I had bought a size 12 dress for a family wedding in two weeks, it was/is a little tight but I was doing so well at the time that I figured it'd fit nicely in time. I brought it back today and got the 14. The 14 doesnt fit me round the waist as well as the 12 did, its def too big, I must be in between sizes. But what can i do only bring in to the alterations place to get the waist taken in.

The thing is I'm off on hols on sat for a week, and we're about to start trying for baby number 2, so I feel like giving it up now as whats the point.
    I'll prob be back here in a years time with a couple of extra stone to lose.

I'm just not happy being this weight (now 12st 8lbs). I was far happier in myself at 11st 1lb, and I feel its affecting my happiness and overall mood and self confidence so much.

EDIT: just reading back over my post, what the hell is wrong with me, I have so much going for me, a family holiday, a new baby, and being size 12 and a half (!) is not the end of the world, compared to what some people's problems are...I wish i could just stop feeling this way, someone tell me to cop on to myself!
    .........don't worry ur not the only one feelin this way!!!!! feelin very similar this week and im not a size 12!! maybe next week will improve x chin up

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mollie57

Pembily wrote: »
    You would be surprised how quickly you get used to eating less carbs! My food for tomorrow B-sausages & beans(7pp) 2 ryvita (2pp), L- cod with sauce and cauliflower and broccoli (5pp), D- vegetable curry with quionia (8pp)! Normally have carbs for breakfast or lunch but generally only have one portion bar crackers!? I can't eat any more as it messes with my IBS!

Always thought quinoa was carbs. My stomach wont tolerate rice pasta or noodles except in small quantities and then only occasionally so I am a spud woman

400g ww spaghetti cans, normally about 87c
    3 for 2.00 in tesco at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Mollie57 wrote: »
    Always thought quinoa was carbs. My stomach wont tolerate rice pasta or noodles except in small quantities and then only occasionally so I am a spud woman

Oh it is carbs but it's more protein than the rest!!!!! I ended up having rice as my cousin was cooking!!!!! It's the most carbs I have had in one meal... I can't eat wheat and only ever (normally) eat carbs early in the day!!! I have spuds max once a week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey all thanks for all the advice earlier, really appreciate it. I couldn't have got to a meeting tomorrow, and decided to just face the music, so after me hurting my back so not being able to exercise and going over my weeklies by 20 pp!!, which was an accident....I stayed the same! Am absolutely thrilled, cos I nearly didn't go, assuming I'd be up a pound or 2.

Am feeling much more motivated today, going to sit down tonight and plan the coming week and do a decent shop tomorrow.

Anyway well done on those who lost and for those who sts or gained, keep at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mollie57

Pembily wrote: »
    Oh it is carbs but it's more protein than the rest!!!!! I ended up having rice as my cousin was cooking!!!!! It's the most carbs I have had in one meal... I can't eat wheat and only ever (normally) eat carbs early in the day!!! I have spuds max once a week!!!

Sounds good .......what does it taste like and how do you cook it. Love spuds and they fill me up in a way thats hard to get with other foods

Elemis wrote: »
    Sounds great Aspie mum, fair play to you!

I found one half price in argos, works out the price of about 5 weeks rental, not sure how good it is but seriously considering it!

never buy fitness machines from argos...nightmare! you have to put it together your self....and they insist on delivering it...which you have to pay for!

the machines never quite fits together right....nightmare!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Mollie57 wrote: »
    Sounds good .......what does it taste like and how do you cook it. Love spuds and they fill me up in a way thats hard to get with other foods

Am I can't really describe the taste, I cook it with some stock and have it instead of rice!!! I find nothing fills me up like protein, I am just a protein fiend, I eat 3 meals of protein most days!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Michelle_star

Hi everyone, i really hope someone can help me, i've recently started ww and am still trying to figure out pro points, i've been given a fabulous Baileys easter egg large of course with 12 baileys truffles in. Can anyone tell me how many propoints would be in the egg and each truffle, no nutrional information on the box it only says net weight is 445g. Hope someone can help me. Thanks

Michelle xx:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Michelle_star

Hi everyone, i really hope someone can help me, i've recently started ww and am still trying to figure out pro points, i've been given a fabulous Baileys easter egg large of course with 12 baileys truffles in. Can anyone tell me how many propoints would be in the egg and each truffle, no nutrional information on the box it only says net weight is 445g. Hope someone can help me. Thanks

Michelle xx :o:o

i think last weeks drinking could catch up on me this week....just dont have a very good feeling about wi saturday...was REALLY good out today. had my little wrap in o briens with can of diet coke, i gave it 11pp, as it was working out 4.5 old points...figured doubling that number and adding 1 or 2 would cover me,

breakie was good, dinner was good, but still feel blah! all the fecking biscuits yesterday didnt help either!

i have 10pp left for today....not actually that hungery...i've eaten 33pp...i dont particularly like the idea of under eating by that...but kinda feel i need to after yesterdays binge. i've drank tonnes of water day...and will be hitting the treadmill for the next two days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Down 4lbs at WI tonight, absolutely delighted!!! To say I did a dance on the scales is an understatement!!! Got my 6th silver seven and my 3rd stone :D:D:D Looks like my plan worked, although wont be doing that every week but its a nice pick me up!

Going to catch up on posts now, was just dying to post 1st :D

Monife wrote: »
    Down 4lbs at WI tonight, absolutely delighted!!! To say I did a dance on the scales is an understatement!!! Got my 6th silver seven and my 3rd stone :D:D:D Looks like my plan worked, although wont be doing that every week but its a nice pick me up!

FANTASTIC well done

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I <3<3 cross trainers...they are better than treadmills for calorie burn,...i could only afford a treadmill tho.

I always liked the look of cross trainers but could never get the hang of them. Have really bad co-ordination and could never use the arm part. Have you any tips on how to use it or is it that you just get used to it?

Hoping to move apartment soon to a bigger one (currently in a very large studio and want to move to a large 1 bed) and when we do, my mam said I can have her cross trainer cos she doesn't use it anymore :) Although it might be a bit unsightly in the apartment...

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Monife what was your plan?

I always liked the look of cross trainers but could never get the hang of them. Have really bad co-ordination and could never use the arm part. Have you any tips on how to use it or is it that you just get used to it?

Hoping to move apartment soon to a bigger one (currently in a very large studio and want to move to a large 1 bed) and when we do, my mam said I can have her cross trainer cos she doesn't use it anymore :) Although it might be a bit unsightly in the apartment...

i usually just kinda ran when i used the cross trainer at the gym and didnt bother holding on to the arm bits, but my arms would be moving in the right way, like moving as tho i was holding on them. i just found it easier to go faster without holding into them....its great cos you actually feel like your running...except without the pounding of the footpath so its kinder on the joints....the key is about getting into a rythem...music is great motivator...at the peak of my fitness i was doing about 11km in an hour!....yes i know im braggin....but come on....i was heavier than i am now...and doing 11km in an hour!!!!! thats impressive by anyones standards :P

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Monife what was your plan?

I have been struggling with this last half a stone (not last one, have a good few more to go but yano what I mean) and last week I was down 0.5lb so I said I need to do something. From Sunday to today I only had carbs with dinner. I had fruit salad and yoghurt for breakfast and chicken salad with a whole breast of chicken for lunch. Tracked everything. Funny thing is, I only exercised 3 days, albeit 14.5km in those days but other weeks I have done more. Used all but 14 of my weeklies.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Hi my coordination is also really bad my CT has two lots of handlebars one pair dont move so sometimes i hold on to them for dear life while my feet keep working but I am graduatly working up to using the moving ones my longest stretch is about 15 mins then a break then use them again but never stop stop the feet moving during the 55 mins it perservance but so worth in no bingo wings

My coordination is so bad I once fell over myself playing basketball and twisted my leg everyone else was on the other end of the court and I landed on the mens team bench who were next to play ( yes they were also on the bench):eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

I have been struggling with this last half a stone (not last one, have a good few more to go but yano what I mean) and last week I was down 0.5lb so I said I need to do something. From Sunday to today I only had carbs with dinner. I had fruit salad and yoghurt for breakfast and chicken salad with a whole breast of chicken for lunch. Tracked everything. Funny thing is, I only exercised 3 days, albeit 14.5km in those days but other weeks I have done more. Used all but 14 of my weeklies.
    Wow Monife well done might give that a go coz I've 3 more WI's till my holidays and would be amazing if I was down in the 14's for it (havent seen that weight since about 4th yr in school so 10+ yrs Jasus!!!)

yeah low carb is great...but really hard to maintain unless you have medical motivation to keep off them....really hard to stay off carbs...if you know your allowed to have them..... but just tryin to stay off them. FAIR PLAY TO YOU! Bread has been hard enough for me to give up.....

off to make fairy cakes. got some lemon curd, going to mix a tea spoon of it into the batter :) and some lemon essence :) nom nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

I'm very excited.
    Thought I was someone who just couldnt run/ job, basically move faster than a fast walk. have tried loads of times on my lap around my town, concrete paths, and never made more than a minute and my knees would throb. found a lovely walk, thats more mucky, and grassy and tonight i jogged 10 whole kilometres in 64 minutes.. it took me 80 minutes to fast walk 8 km the last time so i'm chuffed... so to anyone who thinks they cant, dont give up, find somewhere more suitable and less concretey!!!

Off on hols in the morn so god knows what my next weigh in be like but sure frig it :)

happy easter every one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Back from School Trip this morning and weighed in this evening, miraculously lost 1.5!! So happy. Brought the little pots of instant pots of porridge with me for breakfast, then had salads for lunch. It was the dinners that were a challenge and the copious amounts of sweets floating around the place,not to mention the free chocolate in the Lindt chocolate museum, but i managed to resist. Can't wait to get back out walking tomorrow, feel so sluggish from lack of exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tattoo86

up 0.5lbs tonight, a little disappointed as i stayed within my points and didn't use any weeklies.

Will have to double my efforts this week.

okay...i'm terrible at remembe caring who posts recipes...i tend to just copy & paste them down :)

but who ever it was.....THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

175g self rising flour
    125g Flora Light
    80g Caster Sugar
    30g Splenda
    15g Lemon Curd
    2 Eggs
    2 Table spoons of water
    Few Drops of Lemon Extract

Makes 12, 3pp each and you REALLY get the sweet lemon flavour from them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

i say its dehydrations....i havent been doing much today...and i had that slightly light headed feeling as well...VERY warm in cork today 18 degrees out where i am....water water water....and sugar levels prob slightly off too from excercise and lack of water....ALWAYS have water first in the morning regardless of anything....over night is a LONG time for the body to have no water...

______________________________________________-
    Steak and Mushroom Pie

ProPoints® Value: 8
    Servings: 6
    Preparation Time: 20 min
    Cooking Time: 120 min
    Level of Difficulty: Moderate

Put pie on the menu with this delicious steak and mushroom pie - it's a great family meal and it's just as good as the one served down your local!

Ingredients
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    700 g Beef, Stewing Steak, Raw, Lean, cubed
    1 large Onion, All Types, chopped
    1 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, beef in 450ml boiling water
    225 g Mushrooms, sliced
    1 medium Carrots, Old, Raw, sliced
    2 tablespoons Parsley, fresh, chopped
    1 pinch Salt
    1/4 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
    2 tablespoons (level) Cornflour, blended with 3-4 tablespoons cold water
    225 g Pastry, Puff, Ready Rolled Sheets, thawed
    1 tablespoons Milk, Skimmed

Instructions
    Heat the low fat cooking spray in a large saucepan and over a high heat add the cubes of stewing steak a handful at a time, so that they seal and brown. Add the onion and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until softened.

Add the stock, mushrooms, carrot and parsley to the saucepan. Bring up to the boil, then reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, until the meat is very tender. Check the level of liquid from time to time, topping up with a little extra water if necessary.

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 7/220°C/425°F.

Season the cooked meat with salt and pepper. Stir in the blended cornflour and cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Tip the mixture into an oblong baking dish.

Lay the puff pastry sheet on top of the baking dish, trimming the edges with a sharp knife. Use the trimmings to make leaves for decoration. Position them on top, and brush the entire surface with milk. Bake for 25 30 minutes, until puffed up and golden brown.

Serve with green vegetables and potatoes.

That looks yum Lainy, think I will modify it slightly and make it a vegatarian one... would be nice with a heap of veg!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

okay...i'm terrible at remembe caring who posts recipes...i tend to just copy & paste them down :)

but who ever it was.....THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

175g self rising flour
    125g Flora Light
    80g Caster Sugar
    30g Splenda
    15g Lemon Curd
    2 Eggs
    2 Table spoons of water
    Few Drops of Lemon Extract

Makes 12, 3pp each and you REALLY get the sweet lemon flavour from them :)

great but how do you make em :)

• Advertisement

m'lady wrote: »
    That looks yum Lainy, think I will modify it slightly and make it a vegatarian one... would be nice with a heap of veg!

i think you can get Quorn steaks...wonder would they work in it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement