Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

intouch44 wrote: »
    Could someone do me a favour and double check the PP in a crispbread for me?

Protein: 1.1g
    Carbs: 5.3g
    Fat: 0.4g
    Fibre: 2.0g

Is it 1PP per crispbread or 1PP for 2 crispbreads?

Thanks in advance :)

Calculate Food Points
    Protein:1.1
    Carbohydrates:5.3
    Fats:0.4
    Fibre2
    Total Points0.9

1PP unless my formulae are wrong which would mean all my points are wrong :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

aspie mum wrote: »
    Big break out just ate half a packet of Sun crip bars I am never buying them again they are addictive I hope i didn't do to much damage as I was so good all week WI tomorrow ...........what a day to break....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Can someone please tell me what these bars are as you all seem to love them? And I need to spice things up a bit! I'm so sick of snack-a-jacks!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me what these bars are as you all seem to love them? And I need to spice things up a bit! I'm so sick of snack-a-jacks!! :D

They are called Sun Rice and they are in ALDI. They have an orange packet and a yellow packet and are near the cereal and cereal bars.

They are 2PP for 1 and 5PP for 2. Sometimes you would not stop at 2. They are chocolate with crisped rice inside.

Looove snack-a-jacks, the prawn cocktail ones.

Tesco do light versions of choc bars, usually in a purple or orange packet near the WW bars and they are nice too, and are 2/3PP depending which one you get. 2 finger kitkat are also 3PP.

Meanies, skips, snax (all from multipack) are 2PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

bubbaloo wrote: »

oh they are addictive.....stay away from them....they are too nice...

1 is 2pp....but cant stop at 1! they are more biscuits than bars...and not individually wrapped ! I love the....but dangerous to have around

they're in aldi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Thanks for the support girls. I've upped my exercise in the last 2 weeks and I feel slimmer and I know I've lost inches. I switch between walking and swimming. I gave up diet coke. Last week I gave up eating a pasta dish I eat as while it was low points it made me bloated but still no effect. I haven't had alcohol since mid march. I drink average 4L water a day.

A typical day would look like this:
    Weetabix for breakfast with a glass of OJ.
    Lunch would be 2 slices of McCambridge brown bread, philadelphia and smoked salmon.
    Dinner would be chicken carbonara or an omelette.
    I'd have an apple, a carrot and a packet of skips as snacks. I'm not a big veg person so I'd eat raw carrots as a snack.
    I'd have a WW bar and options in the evening.

I sat with my leader last night and she went through my tracker and she was completely flabergasted as to why I'm not losing. She said the tracker was as good as she'd ever seen. When I reminded her of my weight she was shocked as she said I didn't look it. She said she was going to think more about it and suggested that for 3 days I eat something completely different for my meals. She offered to give me a plan but as I'm a fussy eater she said it probably wouldn't be beneficial.

Sorry for the long post :o Just getting really frustrated!

Ah, Ok, you're getting some support from your leader anyway, that is good. I know everyone's weight loss is different in amount and time, but not losing anything at all since January must have your head done in, especially when you are being good and exercising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Forgot to bring lunch so I got a wrap with turkey on it..pointed it at 11 to be safe (it was a little wrap, 4pp size but she fairly layered on the turkey!). I was so mad, that's nearly 3 times the points than the lunch I had on Tuesday :mad: must. remember. lunch!!

Lainy have a great night tonight, you definitely deserve it, don't let your points dictate your night though!! Just enjoy it :)

Having spaghetti bolognese for dinner tonight, I have no books with me, can someone tell me points per 100g lean beef mince? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Well WI number 2 today and down 1lb, its not amazing but I have to remember that my effort this week was not 100%.....(its like doing an essay for college, I do it the day before its due and just do enough to pass-then when the results are out I'm like disappointed I didn't get an honour lols)....I had big loss last week of 5lbs so 6lbs in 2 weeks is good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Millieboo wrote: »
    Well WI number 2 today and down 1lb, its not amazing but I have to remember that my effort this week was not 100%.....(its like doing an essay for college, I do it the day before its due and just do enough to pass-then when the results are out I'm like disappointed I didn't get an honour lols)....I had big loss last week of 5lbs so 6lbs in 2 weeks is good :)

It's very good. Well done, keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

misslt wrote: »

Having spaghetti bolognese for dinner tonight, I have no books with me, can someone tell me points per 100g lean beef mince? Thanks!

The book quotes 125g of EXTRA lean mince at 6PP and 140g of raw mince at 8PP so I'd say you'd be safe with 6PP for 100g of lean mince.

Thanks everyone for the info on the Sun Rice bars - I think I'll be popping into Aldi on the way home this evening! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    whats the specific name of those noodles...,must try and pop into M&S sometime....i kinda always found noodles to be a waste of noodles...i just must be looking at the wrong noodles.

I've never shopped in M&S....is it expensive?

Hi Lainy,
    they're Chinese Style Fine Egg Noodles / Medium Egg Noodles - both are 2PP per 1/4 pack....I was so shocked when I pointed them in M&S cuz they're my fav noodles EVER! I pointed them several times to check and kept coming out at that so I've enjoyed them several times over the last week!!

Some of the food in M&S is quite expensive, we normally just go in for a treat dinner from time to time, but in saying that the noodles were only like €1.29 or €1.49 a pack which was brilliant! I haven't tried any of the M&S WW friendly meals but from reading posts on here people seem to love them and they seem to be fairly low in PPs!!

Enjoy yr night...x

• Advertisement

Hi Lainy,
    they're Chinese Style Fine Egg Noodles / Medium Egg Noodles - both are 2PP per 1/4 pack....I was so shocked when I pointed them in M&S cuz they're my fav noodles EVER! I pointed them several times to check and kept coming out at that so I've enjoyed them several times over the last week!!

Some of the food in M&S is quite expensive, we normally just go in for a treat dinner from time to time, but in saying that the noodles were only like €1.29 or €1.49 a pack which was brilliant! I haven't tried any of the M&S WW friendly meals but from reading posts on here people seem to love them and they seem to be fairly low in PPs!!

Enjoy yr night...x

there an M&S near college....may pop over for some hangover noodles!

the nutirtional info....does it give for dried or cooked weight....we had that problem before with the Tilda rice...

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Reading about all the WW friendly treats is making me want to stock up. I have found the last few nights I have been snacking way too much, but didn't have anything low in points in. Our leader told us that Asda stocks loads of WW & WW friendly stuff, so I'm going to make a trip to Strabane tonight to see what they have. Might call into M&S (although it's not really on the way) too to see about the noodles as I have planned a prawn stir fry for tomorrow. Maybe going shopping will stop me eating in the evening instead. My husband hasn't been here in the evenings for about a week & I am eating through boredom after the kids are in bed. At least he's here tonight, so can babysit & I can get out.

Hope you have a great night out Lainy. Enjoy yourself. Remember you are only young once - when you get to my age, a night out is a trip to Asda!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

I haven't tried any of the M&S WW friendly meals but from reading posts on here people seem to love them and they seem to be fairly low in PPs!!

I have only had the fish pie. It costs £3.99 in the North, which is OK for a treat dinner for 1 when everyone is eating something too high in points. It is 9pp & served with loads of 0pp veg, it makes a very filling meal.

misslt wrote: »
    Forgot to bring lunch so I got a wrap with turkey on it..pointed it at 11 to be safe (it was a little wrap, 4pp size but she fairly layered on the turkey!). I was so mad, that's nearly 3 times the points than the lunch I had on Tuesday :mad: must. remember. lunch!!

Lainy have a great night tonight, you definitely deserve it, don't let your points dictate your night though!! Just enjoy it :)

Lean Steak Mince is 5pp per 100g so if its standard lean mince calling it 5-6pp you'll be totally safe

I have about 40pp to spend purely on drink....lol and i know i'm going to go well over that! haha :P we're starting off in my favourite bar....with my favourite cider :o 7pp per pint! Yikes!

And least the bar men are low on points ;);):)

I am a huge M&S fan, especially their Fuller for Longer range, really tasty, really quick and easy, and when bulked out with extra veg really filling and low on PP.

Beef Stroganoff with rice and veg (11PP), Cod mornay with Mash and Veg (7PP) and Beef Pie with luxury mash and rich gravy (10PP i think) are a few of my faves!

They are not cheap (go up to €6) but to me it's worth it as I used to go into Tesco and buy dinner in evenings and spend on other rubbish, or get take-aways which are not cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Hey Lainy have a great time tonight and enjoy yourself :D and I totally agree with fofany. when your like me a trip out is going to the supermarket pmsl :D its true though!! so enjoy yourself girl :)

jackmax wrote: »
    Hey Lainy have a great time tonight and enjoy yourself :D and I totally agree with fofany. when your like me a trip out is going to the supermarket pmsl :D its true though!! so enjoy yourself girl :)

oh stop...since christmas "going out" for me has meant a trip to the "good" tesco LOL out in Mahon Point! LOL....and the sadder thing is.....i get excited over that! LMAO....so i'm like a freaking 18yr old at the moment...(i'm 24)

Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i'm going drinking..........in a pub!

oh stop...since christmas "going out" for me has meant a trip to the "good" tesco LOL out in Mahon Point! LOL....and the sadder thing is.....i get excited over that! LMAO....so i'm like a freaking 18yr old at the moment...(i'm 24)

Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i'm going drinking..........in a pub!

Absolutely DO NOT want to dampen your spirits or anything...but just be careful and pace yourself. I went out recently for first proper time since Christmas and was hammered after 2 drinks!!!! I was morto, I used to be able to drink for Ireland lols.

Have a brilliant time, look forward to hearing how you got on!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Hope you have a great night out Lainy and yes enjoy life when your young

Loike Fofany when iget out to grocery shop with out the kids its a treat:):)

there an M&S near college....may pop over for some hangover noodles!

the nutirtional info....does it give for dried or cooked weight....we had that problem before with the Tilda rice...

It just says per 1/4 pk so im not sure :confused:
    fofany wrote: »
    Hope you have a great night out Lainy. Enjoy yourself. Remember you are only young once - when you get to my age, a night out is a trip to Asda!

God, I feel old - I'm only 25 and my idea of a night off is getting to the shop on my own without the kids - and all my friends keep saying "oh I'm 26 / 27 this year etc etc" and I remind them "I'm a wife this year"....put an age on that lol!! Only 10 weeks today until the wedding :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Just back from WI, up 1.5lbs :mad: Mad at myself because I used the orthodontist as an excuse to eat pure crap all week :o

Hoping to be better this week but not sure as it's my bday tomorrow(26 - feel so old :() so probably will have a weekend of indulgence. I'm going for a meal on Saturday night so will have to be good and try and save my dailies. Going to try do a lot more exercise this week - will have a few more evenings free than normal so will make the most of them :)

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Just back from WI, up 1.5lbs :mad: Mad at myself because I used the orthodontist as an excuse to eat pure crap all week :o

Hoping to be better this week but not sure as it's my bday tomorrow(26 - feel so old :() so probably will have a weekend of indulgence. I'm going for a meal on Saturday night so will have to be good and try and save my dailies. Going to try do a lot more exercise this week - will have a few more evenings free than normal so will make the most of them :)

At least you know why you're up and know what you need to do this week!

Happy Birthday for tomorrow, 26 is not that old :p (I'm turning 27 this year)!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vepyewwo

Hey guys, have never posted in this thread before but have been lurking for a good while, need the inspiration!

Does anyone have any idea how many points in reduced fat coleslaw from superquinn? The whole carton is 250g, had about 1.5 tablespoons. (preferably the old weight watchers points cos I'm still using those!)

Thanks in advance;)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

Hi guys I had my wi tonight and was down 3LBS :D this is my biggest loss since i started PP in jan.
    Like alot of people here i was getting quite frustrated with either 0.5/1LB a week so i was thrilled to be 3 down this week!! and i used every single daily & weekly point this week!!
    I've been drinking at least 2L of water every day for last 2 weeks r so - thnaks to advice from here - I think it might be that finally showing and i've been very strict with my tracking but i also had mcdonalds and chinese this week :p
    I just wanted to share this as i know people are finding it hard and i've been so encouraged by this board so hope i can motivate someone

Well done Jewow....it's a real boost having a good week when you've been have ok weeks for so long!!

I'm gonna try knock it out of the park this week and get a big number, have 4lb to get to my st but 7lb to get to st on WW (I restarted and the new leader I've been going to said the scale is going off my original weight from October - they shud have asked me did I want to restart :confused:)!

I have a few mini goals over the next 10 weeks:
    -7lb by WI on 27th April - this wud bring me to 1st on WW scales but 17lb to me
    Another -7lb by WI on 18th May - my Hen weekend is 20th May :D
    Another -1st by WI 22nd June - I'm getting married on 23rd June :D:D:D:D

I know I still have more to lose after the wedding but I was 40lb lighter this time last year and if I got back to that for my wedding I'd be thrilled!

vepyewwo wrote: »
    Hey guys, have never posted in this thread before but have been lurking for a good while, need the inspiration!

Does anyone have any idea how many points in reduced fat coleslaw from superquinn? The whole carton is 250g, had about 1.5 tablespoons. (preferably the old weight watchers points cos I'm still using those!)

Thanks in advance;)

It's 3PP per 60g, I'm sorry but don't know old points.....however you can work it out by (per 60g) 90kcal / 0.9 Sat Fat

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Coincidence that people were chatting about the M&S meals this evening, as I was just in there after work and got a few bits. The Count on Us and Fuller Longer ready meals are absolutely gorgeous. Much nicer than the WW ones, really tasty and filling. I had 18 points left over after work today, so when I was shopping I grabbed myself a Count on Us Nacho Chicken wrap (7pp) and then when I came home I had a CoU chicken jambalaya (9pp). Absolutely stuffed after the two of them, didn't need to use my last two points!

Also got a cajun chicken fettucini. Good portion of pasta and the whole dish is just 10pp so will have that over the weekend! The meals are expensive, but I don't mind splashing out on them every once in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I was so bold today, even though I had planned a dinner,I ended up having a half bag of chips instead, I can feel myself sliding this week and really need to motivate myself. Don't know what's wrong with me, but just feeling so lazy and not assed. Gonna plan my meals for the rest of the week and fill up on fruit and water to try get back on track!

m'lady wrote: »
    I was so bold today, even though I had planned a dinner,I ended up having a half bag of chips instead, I can feel myself sliding this week and really need to motivate myself. Don't know what's wrong with me, but just feeling so lazy and not assed. Gonna plan my meals for the rest of the week and fill up on fruit and water to try get back on track!

Yeah definitely plan your meals and lunches. It is the best weapon lol I find the weeks I plan everything to a T and make sure I am going to cook meals I love, is when I do best. I am in serious planning mode today too. Might even do my food shopping today (a day early) to get in the right frame of mind. Have also mapped my 5k walk for tomorrow, man does it look looooong!! But going to give it a go. And see if I am able for 6k on Sunday, need to start training a bit for the woman's mini marathon (first time doing anything like this)!

• Advertisement

Planning on having fruit salad and yoghurt for breakfast Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday but as I am only having carbs in my dinnner, wanted to find a good way of beefing up the PP so decided to check the PP of some different yoghurts (always just eat the WW ones).

Below is a list I have got so far:

Activia Raspberry Intensely Creamy (125g pot) - 3PP

Muller Light Toffee/Vanilla Yoghurt (190g pot) - 2PP

Yop Yogurt Drink (207G) - 4PP

The Simpsons Fruited Fromage Frais (50g pot) - 2PP (on Tesco website, wanted to PP petit filous but no NI)

Light Choices Chocolate Mousse (62.5G pot) - 2PP

Aero Mint Chocolate/Chocolate Mousse (58g pot) - 3PP (nom nom nom)

STEER CLEAR OF THIS OMG: Fru Sicilian Lemon Cheesecake (90g pot) - 9PP :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement