Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

That's great Lainy. If you can see the results in the jeans, but not yet on the scales, you know it's working!

I'd say the tablets are making you retain a couple of pounds of water so you will have a good loss next week.

Really should drag my sick a*s to Tesco/Aldi and do some food shopping and cook some dinner so I don't order another bloody takeaway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Monife wrote: »
    That's great Lainy. If you can see the results in the jeans, but not yet on the scales, you know it's working!

I'd say the tablets are making you retain a couple of pounds of water so you will have a good loss next week.

Really should drag my sick a*s to Tesco/Aldi and do some food shopping and cook some dinner so I don't order another bloody takeaway!!

do a tesco shop online and they'll deliver it :)

yeah i looked up the tablets i'm on it says water retention is a known side effect of these. So i'm not too worried. I did use like a bunch to treat points yesterday on salami which prob loaded with salt...so that prob didnt help.

ah well....lovely day out and i have the house to self...going to knock out a bit more college work and relax for the afternoon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Well I STS this wk but I'm cool with that coz its my TOTM and I'd a bad wknd last wknd so reduced my pp to 29 for the past 4 days so think I undid the damage I might of done! Well now it's a new wk and I think I'm back on the ball wooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Hey everybody, after about two and a half weeks off the wagon I am back on the plan, went to WI thursday expecting the worst but am only up 1.5 pounds so thats not too bad, did a good food shop so as long i resist the urge to dial a dinner this should be a good week.
    Happy Saturday everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

I lost a pound this morning! Delighted!!!!

Ready for a nice takeaway treat now tonight! And we got free mini donuts in Lidl so I may just have one of those!!!!!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Elemis

Hi everyone,

Have just signed up to join in this thread, have been following it for a while (I can barely keep up with it!) and thought its time I started to contribute!

I did WW at home about 5 years ago before I got married, and lost a stone and a half to get back down to my comfortable weight of 11stone 1, (I'm 5 foot 6.). I then went on to have a baby who's now 3 and a half, dropped back down to 11, 1 after the birth but then due to different reasons, including some medication, I put on a lot of weight and went up to over 14 stone.

I went down to about 13 stone myself, and stayed like that for a while, but since christmas went up to 13, 9. I could see myself creeping back to the 14 mark if I didnt nip it in the bud, so I rejoined WW at home on the 9th Feb. In the past 6 weeks I've gone down to 12,9, so I just got my first stone in the post this week :)

Basically I want to start trying for baby number 2 at the end of May, so I want to lose as much as I can, (i doubt i'll get back to 11,1 by then). It's a bit disheartening knowing that whatever I lose now I'll put back on and more when I have a baby, and the aftermath, but the way I see it I'll go into the pregnancy healthier, happier and its better than accumulating more weight. Also WW is enjoyable and by being clever you really don't feel like you're missing out, so its not that much of a chore!

This thread is fantastic, and full of great tips and support and I hope to contribute to it regularly. My weigh in day is Wed.

Ps: I'll do a search now but could whoever posted about the Toblerone cookies post up the recipe, and also would love the recipe for the blondies?
    Thanks a mil!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

All you can eat chinese tonight - :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I intend on making good choices, but i don't know if i will stay strong. However, i have all my weeklys and didn't drink last night even tho i was DYING for a bev in preparation!

Have a good weekend everyone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

It was me I think on about the blondies!!

Here's the recipe! I changed the measurements to grams from cups!

Course: cakes
    PointsPlus™ Value: 4
    When I used demerera sugar and worked it out they were 1.5 old points. So worth pointing the stuff yourself really to see what you can get it down to

Servings: 24
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 25 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

These chewy, moist blondies are so rich in flavor, you'd never know they're low in fat.

Ingredients
    256g plain flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp table salt
    300g unpacked brown sugar (again I used the demerera)
    6 Tbsp light butter (I used low low)
    2 large egg white(s)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    3/4 cup(s) mini chocolate chips (I used 2 small packs of malteasers! Which were lower in points again)

1/3 cup(s) water (about 83g of water)

Instructions
    Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.

In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until fluffy. Add egg whites and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternating with water. Stir in chips.

Spread into a foil-lined 9- x 13-inch baking pan. Bake until golden, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Remove foil and cut into 24 two-inch squares.
    I put them in bun cases as they're cakey more than brownies and they were GORGEOUS! And much easier to take out and portion etc...

Thank you doctorwhogirl they sound lovely. I love baking but felt like i couldn't even attempt anything low fat these past couple of months!

BTW Lady Lainy I found the recipe for the toblerone cookies so will be making those too!

RJC09 wrote: »
    lady lainy, sorry for just jumping in without so much as an introduction, but just wanted to tell you that i got the weight watchers magazine this month, and they have an order form to purchase ww products, and on the bottom it says they are now selling to ireland. just in case you want to buy from there for a reasonable price instead of being ripped off on ebay.

Also I think you might be able to ring up kay from WW at home and buy the books and things over the phone and she'll post them out..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

BBQ last night!! I was actually ok I think. I had my 10 bottles of coors light (40pp) and I had one burger in a bun with red sauce which I haven't pointed yet as I'm still a bit hungover. I don't think I picked at crisps and stuff too much and given that after my breakfast and lunch yesterday I had 23 points to add to my weeklies for last night I think I'm still on track. Today will be the real test though. Hangovers are the worst for me when it comes to eating. I just want grease and crap. Its what did me in last week so I'm determined to drink my bodyweight in water today and eat healthily. I'm on my second cup of green tea as I type :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

lol woops just checked if my chicken breast was defrosted for tonight :P turns out i took out Chicken mince. ah well! hehe

Chicken Cottage Pie it is :D which is rather yummy so I dont mind :P

I think i might finally be over my bread obsession. I'm kinda getting hungery...been doing assignments since 10am...but also feeling rather lazy about making lunch....but i have no desire what so ever to reach for some bread :D woo :D I have not eaten a single slice of bread at home since start of lent!

Going to throw on a veggie quarter pounder and poached eggs instead...
    I may go really wild and have a can of coke zero! (oh yes i'm a real party animal)

Don't know what is wrong with me today.

I have scanned through all my cookbooks for ideas for dinners (2 dinners) and lunches (1 lunch, dont mind eating the same one, once it's nice) and nothing is appealing to me at all.

Need to go shopping soon and need to make a list but have no idea what to get!

I have been at this for nearly 3 hours!

I feel like something a bit different to what I usually do but my mind is a blank. I hope this isn't the start of a bad week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Pretty sure I smashed my weeklies last night, lots to eat and drink! I tracked what I could remember this morning and am just about okay. Don't feel to hungover thankfully as it's so hard to stay on track when I've a hangover!

Making Thai green curry for dinner and going to see a friends band, won't be drinking so I should be okay!

I'm exactly the same Monife. I'm sitting here with my list and pencil ready to go shopping!

I've decided on a tortilla pizza (flat tortilla, passata, lidl low fat grated cheese and lots of cooked veg toppings) and some oven chips... Feels good enough for a sat night dinner to me!

I was considering the lidl lemon sole fillet with homemade spicy wedges and salad. Both should be at the most 10 points..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Made my leader's brack today, it looked great when it was made but then it deflated :( Must ask her what the trick is to keeping it from falling in on itself - still tastes good though!

I tried an Antigravity Yoga class today - man it was tough! I dunno if anyone else has tried it but basically you use a hammock to stretch, do cardio and work on your flexibility. It was hard work but I was about as graceful as a baby elephant! :(

Going out tonight for a few drinks with the OH. Dunno whether to have wine or Coors Light? I'm not a big lager drinker but as I gave up fizzy drinks for lent, no vodka for me! Good thing too cos I drink it too fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Just had a rapid dinner,
    bought pack of ten roasting bags in the 2 euro shop and they are a great investment.
    CHopped up two peppers, three baby potatoes cut in half, two half corn on cobs, one med pork chop, into the bag with a teeny drop of oil, 40 minutes later yum yum. I think it works out about 11 pp (hate having to pp sweetcorn!)
    You can swap the pork chop for a chicken and it is equally as nice. Its a nice wholesome no fuss dinner - and it just cured my hangover.

Elemis wrote: »
    I'm exactly the same Monife. I'm sitting here with my list and pencil ready to go shopping!

I've decided on a tortilla pizza (flat tortilla, passata, lidl low fat grated cheese and lots of cooked veg toppings) and some oven chips... Feels good enough for a sat night dinner to me!

I was considering the lidl lemon sole fillet with homemade spicy wedges and salad. Both should be at the most 10 points..

Have finally got my ass dressed and going to do the shopping. Decided I am going to make butternut squash and red pepper soup for lunches, gosh I hope it's nice, have never ever tried BNS before, but my mam thinks I will like it, fingers crossed. For dinners, I am going to look for low fat sausages and have bangers and mash with onion gravy. Have mince in the freezer too, so going to make enough for 2 portions of meatballs for the other dinner.

Don't like fish, wish I did. I gave cod a chance once, but there were bones in it and I ended up choking and getting sick (sorry if tmi) and it has totally put me off!

Have finally got my ass dressed and going to do the shopping. Decided I am going to make butternut squash and red pepper soup for lunches, gosh I hope it's nice, have never ever tried BNS before, but my mam thinks I will like it, fingers crossed. For dinners, I am going to look for low fat sausages and have bangers and mash with onion gravy. Have mince in the freezer too, so going to make enough for 2 portions of meatballs for the other dinner.

Don't like fish, wish I did. I gave cod a chance once, but there were bones in it and I ended up choking and getting sick (sorry if tmi) and it has totally put me off!

Haha that's enough to put anyone off!

I tried Butternut squash for the first time last week and its grand, its just another root vegetable to be honest. You can't even taste it in soups so I'd say it'll be lovely.

I also cut it into chips and roasted them in the oven with spray oil and they made really tasty chips. The first night I had half squash half potato (incase i didnt like them!) but the next night I had just the squash, with a little light hellmans and they were great as I had very little points for dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Hey everyone hope the weekend is going well for you all.

So I'm sick in bed with Tonsilitis :( been feeling crap all week but yesterday I looked so bad in work my boss sent me home I was barking all morning and just bleugh went to the doctors and as well as getting a lecture for not coming in a few days before I did I also got anti biotics which are helping me feel better but making my tummy feel crap.

Ate hardly anything yesterday and similar story today but i'm downing lots of water and tucked up in bed. Just a quick word of warning on pointing stuff in new packets. I've posted before that I buy the M&S medium nest of noodles and they are 2pp per nest. Well I seemed to have picked up 'fine nest' of noodles there as well and to try make sure I eat most if not all of my points today I made a big pot of chicken soup and decided i'd put some noodles in it. anyway I thought id prefer fine noodles over medium noodles in soup and I pointed them first just to make sure as i've not eaten any of the fine ones before......holy crap fine noodles are 6pp per nest!! O_O so basically I could have 3 nests of medium noodles for the same pp values!! it's crazy but I'm guessing its cos the carb content is so much higher in the fine ones.

Just thought I'd share so please check all your packets of noodles/rice before you assume, I was nearly very lazy and wasn't going to check i'm so glad I did now! Enjoy your weekend all :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Went on my road trip to Aldi today, got everything that was recommended to me, had the yellow fin sole this evening, way nicer than Lidl and Aldi's is 1pp less woo hoo.

Also, got the sun rice thingys had 2 on the way home, can't believe that it's 5pp for 2 of them, there really nice but just thought it was a waste of 5pp for me anyway as I could've had something different for dinner tonight, oh well, they've been eaten now so shouldn't dwell on it.

Picked up lovely wholemeal sub rolls aswell, 8pp for one of them but as 1 would do me for 2 days, that 4pp for half and there's plenty of eating in them.

Did the remaining of my shopping in Supervalu, I picked up a packet of Galtee Ham, the pack of 5 slices is only 2pp, really good pp value.

Thanks for all the tips re Aldi, way more variety than Lidl.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, hope the weather is good tmw to get out walking.

Feel much better now. Don't know what was wrong with my head earlier. Was all over the place.

Back from shopping, just finished my bangers and mash and onion gravy. It was nom nom nom!!! Couldnt get the hodgins low fat sausages, saw the gluten free ones but they didnt have the low fat. Got the WW sausages. Bit pricey at 3.99 a pack but damn, they were nice. Herbs and flavours going through them, nearly like superquinn sausages and only 1PP per sausage, absolute bargain. Had 4 sausages with my 250g of mash and gravy and couldn't finish it, stuffed!!! For only 10PP!!

My usual shop is Aldi, then Tesco. Neither place had the sausages or BNS so had to stop at Supervalu too, bit of a pain, but delighted I got everything. Looking forward to trying the BNS soup when I make it tomorrow. Also got 4 brown rolls in Supervalu, only 4PP and decent size. Going to have them with a slice of ham and the soup for my lunches in work. Feel much happier now that I am organised and everything sorted for the week.

Sorry for the rant!! lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Just finished a giant bowl of chicken madras with noodles all for 15pp I do like me big dinners at night
    I have 2pp left for the day so was thinking in about an hr of making a smoothie with a danone Vitalinea and frozen fruit with a lil low fat supermilk thrown in just wondering would it be too late in the night to throw a banana in with it????

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i'd have the banana too,,i dont like smoothies at all without them:rolleyes:

I find smoothies are nicer without milk and yoghurt.

I use frozen raspberries, a banana, some fresh strawberries (If I have them) and a dash of summer fruits dilute (with a dash of water). Really really nice, just like the innocent ones, i'd even go as far as saying they are better! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Can you all stop talking about food? I'm straving just reading this thread :)

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Hey everyone hope the weekend is going well for you all.

So I'm sick in bed with Tonsilitis :( been feeling crap all week but yesterday I looked so bad in work my boss sent me home I was barking all morning and just bleugh went to the doctors and as well as getting a lecture for not coming in a few days before I did I also got anti biotics which are helping me feel better but making my tummy feel crap.

Ate hardly anything yesterday and similar story today but i'm downing lots of water and tucked up in bed. Just a quick word of warning on pointing stuff in new packets. I've posted before that I buy the M&S medium nest of noodles and they are 2pp per nest. Well I seemed to have picked up 'fine nest' of noodles there as well and to try make sure I eat most if not all of my points today I made a big pot of chicken soup and decided i'd put some noodles in it. anyway I thought id prefer fine noodles over medium noodles in soup and I pointed them first just to make sure as i've not eaten any of the fine ones before......holy crap fine noodles are 6pp per nest!! O_O so basically I could have 3 nests of medium noodles for the same pp values!! it's crazy but I'm guessing its cos the carb content is so much higher in the fine ones.

Just thought I'd share so please check all your packets of noodles/rice before you assume, I was nearly very lazy and wasn't going to check i'm so glad I did now! Enjoy your weekend all :D

Just a tip when adding noodles to chicken soup, you might find it less points to use broken up spaghetti instead of noodles. That's what is used in Italian recipes and it is delicious.

I had the lovely Lidl sole fillets with lemon, and got a box of the black pepper ones and also the parsley ones, my husband wanted the pepper ones and they were indeed pointed at 5 points, but my parsley one worked out at just 4 points so was delighted! Every point helps!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

tantipie wrote: »
    oh i planted butternut squash also, got the seeds in b&q 69c each and the dog dug them all up again:rolleyes: but i have raspberries, strawberries. rhubarb, blaccurants and an apple tree,,all point free i can't wait for the summer:D

I have raspberries, rhubarb, blackcurrants and a couple of apple trees, all producing. I planted a pear tree a few years ago but has yet to fruit, I think it may take 3/4 years and then we prob need a couple of hot hot summers. I've been looking into peppers and chilies on the patio. How do your strawberries do? I know they are difficult and need a lot of sun. let me know any tips, would love that.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

kashmir wrote: »
    I have raspberries, rhubarb, blackcurrants and a couple of apple trees, all producing. I planted a pear tree a few years ago but has yet to fruit, I think it may take 3/4 years and then we prob need a couple of hot hot summers. I've been looking into peppers and chilies on the patio. How do your strawberries do? I know they are difficult and need a lot of sun. let me know any tips, would love that.
    the strawberries do very well they get the sun all day and eve out the back,,planted about 4 yrs ago and found every year they get better and bigger,,only planted the rhubarb a few week back and it's flying up:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Don't know what is wrong with me today.

I have scanned through all my cookbooks for ideas for dinners (2 dinners) and lunches (1 lunch, dont mind eating the same one, once it's nice) and nothing is appealing to me at all.

Need to go shopping soon and need to make a list but have no idea what to get!

I have been at this for nearly 3 hours!

I feel like something a bit different to what I usually do but my mind is a blank. I hope this isn't the start of a bad week.

No, it's not, don't worry. You are just not well. You'd be better off just having a cheese sandwich and a glass of milk. Nutri wise you'll be doing ok and not breaking the bank on your points. Sometimes you just need to do that. Or just chicken soup and brown bread. Whatever you do mind your health. No one wants to be skinny and sick. Don't forget A healthy body is BEAUTIFUL even overweight and has all the time in world to improve.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement