Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

kildareash wrote: »

I haven't the curried soup but I normally make the bnut squash and red pepper soup and it's delish. My niece even used it as her starter for a come dine with me competition and she won!

Oooh that sounds yummy too. Where's the recipe for that? Gah, dunno which one to try now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Oooh that sounds yummy too. Where's the recipe for that? Gah, dunno which one to try now!

I think it was in the old WW books. I think they've a slightly different version in the new pp books.

The recipe is simple - butternut squash, red pepper, onion and stock. I add a sprinkling of salt, pepper and a few other herbs...don't know which ones just throw in a few random ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

izzy24 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea how many points in a large 99 cone with flake??

according to supermacs a 99 cone is 5pp so i assume its for a small one and them add the flake???:P

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Good news on the STS Kildareash, no probs re the update it's deadly & so worth the bit extra :)

Aww Monife you poor thing do take it easy on the C25K training though if you have a chest infection you'll be in bits for ages if you try running while feeling so badly if you want to do some exercise maybe just light walking & do your wk 3 of c25K nxt week, feel better hon x

I have a wicked sore throat think I'm getting tonsillitis :( I had to buy halls soothers at lunch there to help with the pain I pointed the pack of 10 sweets at 4.7 so 5pp so I'm saying 2 sweets = 1 i wouldn't go through a pack a day so think it's safer to point per 2 sweets it's a pain inthe a**e wasting pp on them though they're not even nice!

Izzy I read on here a while back that a flake was 4pp?

So maybe add the full 4 to the 5 to make up the extra ice cream cos I think 99 flakes are about half the size of full flakes?

I'd love that now :P be really cool on my throat - I'll wait till I get home & have a tangle twister or some Linessa lemon sorbet! :P

• Advertisement

Got the Butternut Squash and Red Pepper recipe from the website :)

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeId=7013272

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

WI tonight but not expecting much. I can feel the switch back to the old plan working but it hasn't shown on my own scale yet probably because of being bad in Kerry last week. On the bright side I have started taking measurements. I only take them every so often as I don't want to get obsessed with them. Took my second lot this morning and I've lost 2 inches on my stomach :D That's probably from cutting out the diet coke for lent which I still haven't broken. Also lost inches on my legs which I consider to be my worse body part!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Eabhabear wrote: »
    WI tonight but not expecting much. I can feel the switch back to the old plan working but it hasn't shown on my own scale yet probably because of being bad in Kerry last week. On the bright side I have started taking measurements. I only take them every so often as I don't want to get obsessed with them. Took my second lot this morning and I've lost 2 inches on my stomach :D That's probably from cutting out the diet coke for lent which I still haven't broken. Also lost inches on my legs which I consider to be my worse body part!!

That's fanastic!!! Measurements are the best thing! I have my measurements from when I started and it's fab to see the inches going! :D

I've gone back to the old points, it has worked past 2 weeks, fingers crossed it will keep working! Best of luck!
    Vintage points, as they call them, ROCK! ;)

That's fanastic!!! Measurements are the best thing! I have my measurements from when I started and it's fab to see the inches going! :D

I've gone back to the old points, it has worked past 2 weeks, fingers crossed it will keep working! Best of luck!
    Vintage points, as they call them, ROCK! ;)

Thanks the inches will make me feel better if I'm up tonight. Haha I'm loving the vintage points as I can feel them working. I'm much more disciplined on them. Just need to wait for it to show on the scales!

Same as me, feel much more in control! The propoints were more like a maintenance plan for me I felt!

Have you much to lose?
    I got to goal last year but but up a small bit, so just trying to get back down. Have about 6 pounds to go. Think that's why the propoints weren't doing the job for me! Dunno!

• Advertisement

Danii86 wrote: »
    on the iWatcher app how do u get your activity points to NOT be subtracted from your dailies??

I think you've to set it to non us in the settings tab

This is the 'banking' way of doing it so it will bank all your exercise points. Be careful though because if you don't use all your dailies it will bank those as well & it would be very easy to lose track & think you've extra left which you don't. This I think was for vintage points where you could carry over points for the week

If you don't want to confuse yourself maybe don't send your exercise points to log after youve calculated them or if you want to keep track of them do what I do keep a note of bonus points in your notes app, I input how many bonus I eat each day & use that to gauge against what my 'bonus' is in iwatcher which includes my weeklies & my activity points & where possible I don't want to eat those! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

i dont take my measures.. my clothes are my measuring tape :p

WI today.. down 1.5 and i reached the 1 st mark!! yeayyyyy :D
    It's been slow but hey.. i did it.. had to tell my leader tho.. otherwise she wouldnt have given me my lil stone.. :rolleyes:

I don't know how i managed to stay down with all the drinking and what not on the long weekend.. guess the long walks helped!! and i'm so getting convinced that drinking water helps.. i'm managing about 2.5-3 ltrs a day..

Our leader always gives us stats at the end of the WI and today it's been the lowest since i'm going to the meeting.. the overall loss today was only 3st something.. so guess it was a general over-indulgent bank holiday weekend for all.. :)

Same as me, feel much more in control! The propoints were more like a maintenance plan for me I felt!

Have you much to lose?
    I got to goal last year but but up a small bit, so just trying to get back down. Have about 6 pounds to go. Think that's why the propoints weren't doing the job for me! Dunno!

That's exactly how I feel. I think if I ever hit goal I'll try the propoints then as my maintenace because when I was on it I either stayed the same or up and down the same 1.5lbs. The vintage points are more like a diet but tbh that's what I need.

I started at 13.8 st and am now down to 11.13 st. Want to get to 10st and then see then whether to lose more or not! Well done on previously getting to goal. The vintage points should get those last 6lbs gone in no time :)

amira wrote: »
    i dont take my measures.. my clothes are my measuring tape :p

WI today.. down 1.5 and i reached the 1 st mark!! yeayyyyy :D
    It's been slow but hey.. i did it.. had to tell my leader tho.. otherwise she wouldnt have given me my lil stone.. :rolleyes:

Well done that's a fantastic achievement. It's a great feeling to get your first stone!

That's exactly how I feel. I think if I ever hit goal I'll try the propoints then as my maintenace because when I was on it I either stayed the same or up and down the same 1.5lbs. The vintage points are more like a diet but tbh that's what I need.

I started at 13.8 st and am now down to 11.13 st. Want to get to 10st and then see then whether to lose more or not! Well done on previously getting to goal. The vintage points should get those last 6lbs gone in no time :)

Bang on the same with me weirdly! I was battling with the same 2 pounds constantly for 2 months!

I managed my loss with vintage points so I figured if it ain't broke!!!!

My WW goal weight is 10st, but my vanity weight is 9st 7! Don't know if I'll ever get there though! 10st is good enough for me at present!!!

You've done brilliantly well already! congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Well done on everyone who has lost so far this week, and for those who havent, keep at it!

I had my WI this morning, and nearly didnt go, and was delighted when I lost 1.5 lbs, so thats 10.5 in total to date. Its coming off slow, but I am losing every week, and rarely sts. I'm hoping to get my 1st stone in the couple of weeks.

The leader was talking about 'activity' today, and how it does boost weightloss (which we already know!), and she strongly recommended NOT using your activity points for food, her reasoning behind it is that we get too used to those extra points and it obviously wont aid weightloss as much. I never use mine anyway, I struggle to eat my 29 pp in the day to be honest. I really have to get back into my water, I was doing great until last week..
    I'm now pondering what to make for dinner, and would love a big,dirty chinese!!

Congrats m'lady! I always have a treat after weigh in! 99% of the time it's a takeaway! Enjoy it so much and it makes me good throughout the week!

Thanks doctorwhogirl, yeah I think I will be treat myself! Its sometimes tempting to use the balance of your weekly from last week isnt it?!!

I have eaten nothing all day actually, so not too concerned if I get a takeaway. Im so disorganised this week with regards to food, I need to get my ass in gear! I really think what saved me this week was the gym, cos it certainly wasnt the food lol

Bang on the same with me weirdly! I was battling with the same 2 pounds constantly for 2 months!

I managed my loss with vintage points so I figured if it ain't broke!!!!

My WW goal weight is 10st, but my vanity weight is 9st 7! Don't know if I'll ever get there though! 10st is good enough for me at present!!!

You've done brilliantly well already! congrats!

That's why I switched back because I lost 20lbs on them so they worked for me!
    Thanks. If I can get to 10st I'll be a very happy person. I was probably 14 the last time I was 10st (am 21 now!) so would love to be there again. I know once I get to that it'll be very difficult to go further. How much did you lose previously do you mind me asking? I love hearing people's achievements, it makes me feel like I can do it!!

Well done m'lady. Treat yourself if you're really craving it better to have it tonight than in the middle of your week. You can start your new week tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Well went to my weigh in last night-STS-delighted!!!!Was convinced I'd be up 5 or 6lbs!

• Advertisement

Congrats m'lady! I always have a treat after weigh in! 99% of the time it's a takeaway! Enjoy it so much and it makes me good throughout the week!

I do that after my WI too, if I'm down! Even if I don't have enough points saved :o My WI isn't until 7 in the evening so I'll only have had breakfast and a small lunch that day (I save myself especially, cheating I know!) and then get myself a takeaway or cook something slightly bold. And a glass of wine or two too :o:o I LOVE wine but I've stopped drinking it as my tipple because there are too many points in it, so I allow myself that one or two glasses after my WI, and then I'm back to the grindstone on Wednesday morning :D

That's why I switched back because I lost 20lbs on them so they worked for me!
    Thanks. If I can get to 10st I'll be a very happy person. I was probably 14 the last time I was 10st (am 21 now!) so would love to be there again. I know once I get to that it'll be very difficult to go further. How much did you lose previously do you mind me asking? I love hearing people's achievements, it makes me feel like I can do it!!

20lbs is fantastic! You're right to use what works for you!

I was 16 stone on the dot and got down to 10st last June with WW. Best thing I ever did. I'm only 24 and had been heavy since I was about 13/14!

I'm about 10st 6 now, so just want to get back to my goal!!! Have not gone too far above goal over the past few months! Thank god!

I was 16 stone on the dot and got down to 10st last June with WW. Best thing I ever did. I'm only 24 and had been heavy since I was about 13/14!

I'm about 10st 6 now, so just want to get back to my goal!!! Have not gone too far above goal over the past few months! Thank god!

Wow 6st :eek: that's incredible. And to only have put up a small amount is really good. You're an inspiration to us all :)

Wow that is fantastic! Do you mine me asking how long did it take?

Wow 6st :eek: that's incredible. And to only have put up a small amount is really good. You're an inspiration to us all :)

Aw thanks! Don't mean to sound like I'm bragging! :o Maintaining within the stone is what I've managed! Went up to 11 but I suppose cos I'm so aware of it I then push myself to get back down!
    m'lady wrote: »
    Wow that is fantastic! Do you mine me asking how long did it take?

Aw thanks! :o
    Well I started at home around this time in 2009, just kinda half doing WW. By August 2009 I had lost about 21 pound myself and then joined WW. Got to goal by June 2010 :D
    So all in all it took just over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Well I started at home around this time in 2009, just kinda half doing WW. By August 2009 I had lost about 21 pound myself and then joined WW. Got to goal by June 2010 :D
    So all in all it took just over a year.

Congratulations on getting to goal. I love reading about other peoples success stories. Like you, I lost about 6 stone in my mid 20s & totally transformed me & my life. I'm 42 now with 2 little girls (aged 9 & 4) but still like to keep on top of it. These last 4 years I have been really slacking & this left me with about 2 stone to lose that I never lost after my last baby was born (1 gone now). Keep at it. Losing the weight was one of the biggest achievements of my life & I'm sure it was for you too. Don't know how my life would have turned out if I hadn't done anything about it - maybe I would been heavier - maybe my husband would never have asked me to dance that night - maybe I would have a great job & loads of money instead of being a stay-at-home mum! I know which one I'd rather be:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Carolineonecat

After I had put 2 l b on last week I was delighted this morning to have 4off !!!!! I asked were the scales broken !!!!
    Such a motivator to loose....
    I have only been loosing .5 a week at most normally.

Love this thread...

Aw thanks! :o
    So all in all it took just over a year.[/QUOTE]

Wow a year?! thats brilliant it really is, and you are not bragging at all, I'm just gonna torment you for advice now lol. Well done, seriously, amazing achievement, it really is. Do you do much exercise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 llbb

Considering the week that was last week, I was pretty happy with my 1/2 lb loss, only 2 to go to goal, so really going to push to get it this week - how amazing would it be to have one of those gold cards!!!!!

WElldone to everyone this week, and to add to the takeaway after meetings thing - I am defo getting an indian - nomnomnom :)

• Advertisement

Just had my chinese, was nice but you know what? I think I would have been as equally satisfied with a pitta bread and salad!

Its weird, last time I did WW (and the time before that x 10), I always treated myself after WI, but I never tracked it, now I feel guilty if I dont track it, cos I know I am fooling myself, nobody else. I really am finding this time I am so much more focused, and I cant decide whether its the new plan or whether it is just me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement