Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Found this article on the UK site. I think it makes an interesting read. I am one of those people struggling with pro points.

http://community.weightwatchers.co.uk/Blogs/ViewPost.aspx?threadID=1015649

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Morning girls.......

Hope everyone had a good Friday night....I was very good last night....it was self service last night with my cousins curry. So I could portion out my dinner :)
    Took plenty of rice and one scoop of her korma....oh god..took all my strength not to go back for more.

Unfortunately I wasn't quite so self controlled with the vodka (again) I'm dying this morning......been hit with a double wammy of a hangover this morning....the two nights have caught up on me.

But I dont know how it happened but i'm down 5.8lbs this morning! I drank loads of water last night before staggering into bed....I didnt want dehydration from all the drink to show a false "loss".

I obliverated my points this week....going to have to be really careful for the next week now....incase it shows in next weeks weight in.......all i can say is
    THANK GOD THIS WEEK IS OVER....my liver cant take anymore booze!

But i'm down 16.6lbs since 1st of jan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Morning girls.......

Hope everyone had a good Friday night....I was very good last night....it was self service last night with my cousins curry. So I could portion out my dinner :)
    Took plenty of rice and one scoop of her korma....oh god..took all my strength not to go back for more.

Unfortunately I wasn't quite so self controlled with the vodka (again) I'm dying this morning......been hit with a double wammy of a hangover this morning....the two nights have caught up on me.

But I dont know how it happened but i'm down 5.8lbs this morning! I drank loads of water last night before staggering into bed....I didnt want dehydration from all the drink to show a false "loss".

I obliverated my points this week....going to have to be really careful for the next week now....incase it shows in next weeks weight in.......all i can say is

oh my god that is just brilliant! hope i will be like that on Tue. went to see Calender Girls last nt and stayed over in Dublin and ate and drank all round me!!! but have to say it was well worth it:D

Well done again Lainey you are doing gr8:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Morning girls.......

That is a great loss. Well done. It's great to see that you can have big losses and have a life :D That's what I love about WW! You might have a slight gain or sts next week to balance out but if you exercise and track you should be ok.

Eabhabear wrote: »
    That is a great loss. Well done. It's great to see that you can have big losses and have a life :D That's what I love about WW! You might have a slight gain or sts next week to balance out but if you exercise and track you should be ok.

Thank you! I'm on midterm for the next week...so will be on the treadmill every day and and going to keep up my tracking :) Have a delightful week of nothing planned.....just college work and tracking and exercise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

went to the cinema today with my 2 girls to see Justin Bieber's film (which i loved:eek:) and im so proud of myself that i didnt eat anything. just brought a bottle of coke zero with me. before i would have had to have 2 big bags of sweets with me and eaten them all so im delighted with myself. just had a fry for dinner but a kind of healthy one so im full now. yay and going to have a treat later of maybe a creme egg which i still have enough dailies for :D

jackmax wrote: »
    went to the cinema today with my 2 girls to see Justin Bieber's film (which i loved:eek:) and im so proud of myself that i didnt eat anything. just brought a bottle of coke zero with me. before i would have had to have 2 big bags of sweets with me and eaten them all so im delighted with myself. just had a fry for dinner but a kind of healthy one so im full now. yay and going to have a treat later of maybe a creme egg which i still have enough dailies for :D

that is fantastic! its the little accomplishments that keep you going! Well done!

I'm HANGING for a bottle of coke zero at the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Morning girls.......

Absolutely thrilled for you! well done!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

:( BooHoo...I'm back. Missed WW for a year and found a full stone in that time. Cannot believe it after working so hard before. (But can totally believe it as I no longer fit in my trousers:o) Anyhow weighed in at 11st 8.5lbs and want to get back to 10st 3 or 4. Back on track since Wednesday and must say I feel better already.

Well done to all who have stuck to it. Just reading thru again and it gave me a great boost to know I am not alone.

Talk soon.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Have been fairly good today, have 28 points left but planning on having some wine tonight! :D and probably some chocolate, haven't really treated myself in last few weeks - looking forward to it :D

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

How are you all finding the Pro Points...

i am loving the pro points :D i am finding it much easier than the old system. i joined on the 6th jan and am down 15.5lbs so far. didnt get to go this wk so could be down more. its a great plan. good luck :)

hey all....just been flicking thru the special offers :) the 500g bags of Quorn are down to €3 :D

Wooops....meant to say its at tesco! My head aint with it today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Well done, lady Lainy. Your an example for us all!

Misspiggy, I love the pro points. Was kinda at a stand still with the old program. There's so much more you can eat if your making your own meals.
    I've lost weight every week on pp, and all I do is eat my daily allowance and exercise a couple of times a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Im loving the propoints, finding it really easy to follow! have lost 1 and a half stone since I started in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

I am find the propoints great so far i started the 1st of february and am down 10 pounds so far...:D

newbee22 wrote: »
    Im loving the propoints, finding it really easy to follow! have lost 1 and a half stone since I started in January.

that is a brilliant loss:)... fair play to u, u must be so thrilled:D...

Thank you! I'm on midterm for the next week...so will be on the treadmill every day and and going to keep up my tracking :) Have a delightful week of nothing planned.....just college work and tracking and exercise!

Im on midterm myself from work next week so im determined to stay on track... sometimes when the routine is out i can go off track but determined not to next week:D...

jackmax wrote: »

Thats brilliant well done you!:D... I had a fry for dinner to now it was 21pp altogether but i had 30pp left for the day so i still even have some left for my timeout and skips as a treat Yummy:p... Just loving the new propoints plan:D...

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

Where is that on special lady lainy??

Just had the yummest thing ever. 3 bananas chopped up and put into freezer earlier today, blended for about 5 mins and put back in freezer for a few mins to get a little harder! ice cream for 0pp yes pls!!! had with trifle made with 2 sponge fingers, and berries blended with 30g of fat free natural yogurt and some 0% jelly!!

soooo nice...
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

izzy24 wrote: »
    that is a brilliant loss:)... fair play to u, u must be so thrilled:D...

Delighted with it, it's just so easy to follow! Having said that, I'm on midterm now so hopefully can stick to my routine during the week!:cool:

Where is that on special lady lainy??

Just had the yummest thing ever. 3 bananas chopped up and put into freezer earlier today, blended for about 5 mins and put back in freezer for a few mins to get a little harder! ice cream for 0pp yes pls!!! had with trifle made with 2 sponge fingers, and berries blended with 30g of fat free natural yogurt and some 0% jelly!!

soooo nice...
    :)

woops....meant to say it was on offer at tesco :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shinners13

Hi everyone can someone help me out trying to fugure how many points in a long tray 3 in 1 out of chinese?
    I slipped up last night after being out!
    Want to know what the damage is!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

Hey everyone!! Back from my week in hong kong on Thursday and it's taken me this long to catch up with all your posts!!!
    Well done on all your losses and fair play to everyone who's sticking out a bad week!
    I tried not to go too mad on hols but it's hard when you're somewhere where the food is not only great but it's ridiculously cheap. We ate dim sum every dayband I can't understand why it's not more popular in Ireland. I love them and they're so tasty and healthy with the steamed ones at only 2/3 ppts each. Delish!!!!
    I'm definately heading back to ww on tuesday tho. My mums lost a stone since January and she looks so well. Very proud of her. Hope I haven't done too much damage to myself!
    I had the dr. Otker (sp??) pizza bagette thing today and thank you so much for the recommendation! Yummmmy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Hi, I'm back from holidays too. Arrived back this evening from France & there was nothing in the house & we were all starving, so sent hubby to the chipper! Then my Mum had been up this evening before we got home & left a lovely fresh batch loaf. And after reading all the posts on here recently about the high points value of batch bread, I still had 2 slices with homemade respberry jam:o. So, after 8 days of not tracking & falling off the wagon big time, it's back to pps first thing in the morning. Even went grocery shopping tonight to make sure I had healthy food in. Not looking forward to WI on Tuesday morning, but I did the crime so I have to do the time.:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Morning girls.......

well done lainy. and remember your liver is the only organ in your body that can repair itself - just as long as you give it a chance!!!!! ha ha I tell myself this most monday mornings!!! Gotta admit since being on this plan not drinking as much and i feel all the better for it. My job is a very social one and could easily end up with pints every night so now i have another excuse to skip the after work parties

Found the first week extremely difficult and if it wasnt for a cry for help on this thread I dont think I would have stuck with it, but slowly but surely I am getting into the swing of it and having more good days than bad. I am gettin to love the balance of this plan.
    I have said it before and I will say it again this thread is great for support, its like a drop in center for WW!!!

fofany wrote: »
    Hi, I'm back from holidays too. Arrived back this evening from France & there was nothing in the house & we were all starving, so sent hubby to the chipper! Then my Mum had been up this evening before we got home & left a lovely fresh batch loaf. And after reading all the posts on here recently about the high points value of batch bread, I still had 2 slices with homemade respberry jam:o. So, after 8 days of not tracking & falling off the wagon big time, it's back to pps first thing in the morning. Even went grocery shopping tonight to make sure I had healthy food in. Not looking forward to WI on Tuesday morning, but I did the crime so I have to do the time.:D.

In fairness you may not have tracked but propoints was obviously never far from your mind!! hope the batch loaf and jam was nice, I havent eaten batch loaf in years ( not that I have been healthy eating) but am seriously starting to crave some thanks to all the posts here regarding it!!!!!!
    Good luck with your fresh start on propoints in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey all, does anyone know how many pp are in a large bottle of west coast cooler? It was my birthday today,well yesterday, and I was kinda bold!

• Advertisement

sorry hun havent a clue how many pp in west coast cooler but i love it :) its so yummy!!
    also anyone know how many points would be in a slice of turnover bread. i love it so much and havent had any in wks! i love it toasted or to make a crisp sandwich with. oh i want some now :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement