Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

what a night! I kept the the spirits last night :) good for points/dieting......not so good for the head!

LOL not too worried about what i drank last night.....i think my drunken pole dancing probably burnt it off.....my nice black classy jeans for going out have gotten so Baggy and loose :O They actually made me look bigger :P
    can i get a woop woop! haha!

Going to anne summers party tonight at my cousins house....vodka nights out i can survive and not do too much damage at my weight in....but my cousin is making her famous curry from scratch....i've never tasted it....but i know she uses double cream!

Well here's hoping I stay the same tomorrow morning! I will be THRILLED if i do.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    No doubt i'll be doing my drunken confessions later :P

Decided to treat my self to some new make up today....woo hooo something i wont have an alergic reaction to!

this is totally off topic....but i think a few people may need a giggle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uezJfTG9ELI
    ha ha that video is brilliant....now im craving peanut butter!!

enjoy your night out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    ha ha that video is brilliant....now im craving peanut butter!!

enjoy your night out!!

scary thing......thats how we were dancing last night! LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

izzy24 wrote: »
    i no what people are saying but the majority of chinese use the same size plastic tubs and in the eating out guides it has half portions ect for other foods so i personally would take it that if it says 9pp for special chow mein (i havnt my book to hand so dont quote me on pp) that it must be...:)

Yeah me too. I have a chinese most weekends and point it according to the guide and I've lost weight every week pretty much since I started WW so it can't be too far wrong!

And I was chatting to my leader after the class the other night and was telling her I had 10 points left for dinner and was thinking about going to the chinese up the road and she said I should get a chow mein.
    That's her knowing the portion sizes from that takeaway too, so if she's put me on the wrong path then I'll be disappointed.

:(

any clue what chipper chips or a batter sausage might be??

was supposed to go for few drinks tonight and not happening now so feel like being bad with the points i was going to spend on drink but if HUGE i sooo wont do it!!

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    This is essential, I can only guess they are getting chow meins in small trays and loosely packed, then I could imagine it being only 9.

Salter are a good brand of scales, this one is on offer in argos for only €8.32, you can book one online in your local store, they send a text message to your phone with a code and set it aside for a day or 2.
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8426435/c_1/1|category_root|Kitchen+and+laundry|14418476/Trail/searchtext%3ESALTER.htm

You can always get the chow mein and set aside half for the next day. I was saying my local would be about 900g but this is twice the size of the ken hom ready meal, most ready meals are 400-450g. WW ones can be 300g or so.
    just seen this post for the scales, thanks a mill i have booked mine for pick up tommorrow!! :-) i will then own 3 scales but the other too are useless for accurately measuring!! think im overdoing it on my all brawn in the morn but i love it and lately i just have water instead of milk.....i know it sound horrible but actually makes it taste sweeter for some reason, once it has absorbed into the all bran!!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    any clue what chipper chips or a batter sausage might be??

was supposed to go for few drinks tonight and not happening now so feel like being bad with the points i was going to spend on drink but if HUGE i sooo wont do it!!

thats one thing im finding really hard to get information on:mad:... my parents own a chipper so generally if i was having a treat i would go there cause i can make up burger with low fat mayo and cheese:D... has any one any idea??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Well I went to WI last night even though I really didn't want to because I knew I would be up. And I was! I put on 1lb. I definitely cheated myself last week by doing loads of guess work. So I really want to do better this week. I was shocked at how much smaller the class was this week compared to every one since Christmas. I definitely don't want to be a drop out because I have been a re-joiner for 3 years! This time it is working for me and I am allowing myself one bad week. So onwards and upwards! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Carolineonecat

makes a big difference keeping track,i got some surprises when checked after !!! good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

Meal for 4
    150 g of Quorn = 4 pp
    1 pepper, 1 red onion, 1 carrot= 0 pp
    140g of petit pois = 4pp
    2/3 cloves of garlic
    Aldi Meal mix savoury mince= 4 pp
    1 teaspoon of Worchester sauce = 0 pp
    Sweet potato = 5 pp (I only had one scoop though so only 1 pp)
    2 scoops of turnip and carrot mash = 0 pp
    SO ALTOGETHER 17 POINTS AND THAT WAS DIVIDED BETWEEN 4!
    Fried the onion and garlic in a few sprays of oil and a dash of water. Added the pepper, and carrot and a bit more water to soften them but not to make them too mushy. Added the meal maker and the recommended amt of water, 450mls, let is simmer before adding the quorn and the peas- let is simmer for another 10 mins.
    Boiled and mashed the sweet potato, and the turnip and carrot!
    Enjoyed thoroughly as did OH! Had enough to freeze enough for another dinner for both of us!
    Woo :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Chipper Chips are 12pp per bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Kay_80 wrote: »
    It does look to me that you are under eating especially if you're exercising alot. Is it WW ready meals you're eating?

I was finding it really hard to eat all my pp as well this wk is the first week I did everyday, I added an extra bit of protien to dinner to try bulk it up & a few times I made some gravy & had peas to have something a bit different.

You need to be careful that your body doesn't go into famine mode ie starts to store what you eat rather than burning it & therefore slowing down or stopping weightloss. Maybe nxt week try to find foods you like to up your pp intake or switch from low fat things to regular if it's a case you're not actually hungry ie milk, cheese etc.

I know how you feel about not eating for the sake of it but just don't underest either. I'd say try use your dailies at least whatever about the weeklies. Maybe add something at breakfast like a small bowl of porridge or cereal, scrambled eggs etc :)

Definitely eat all your dailies, bar maybe 2/3 max some days. I calculated my dailies (35) and its only 1200 calories (duno how accurate it is, I just got something, pointed it and times the calories to fit into the 35). When you are active and of normal weight, for a woman daily calories are 2000. So if you are eating less than your points, like Kay said, i think your body will store the food you eat and therefore hamper your weightloss. Also, eating too little, slows down your metabolism. Try to have healthier meals than WW ready meals, they are ok once in a while but they are processed, even my leader said we should try stay away from them and eat fresh food.

Good luck!

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Chipper Chips are 12pp per bag!

I heard somewhere on this they were 14PP. But I don't know how much I trust that. I think my leader said they are about 22PP, which I think sounds more correct when u think about it they are deep fat fried and there's LOADS in a bag, like the chips itself would fill ya up without a burger or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Dublin Girl

Hi Guys, our leader gave us this list for Eddie Rockets. please note that for burgers you've to add meat, bun, sauces etc separately. I have the list in excel if anyone wants to pm me their email address :)

Breakfast
    2 Rashers - 5 pp
    2 Sausages - 5pp
    2 Hash Browns - 8pp
    Mushrooms - 1pp
    2 Toast - 4pp
    1 Fried Egg - 2pp
    Scrambled Egg - 5pp

Hot Dogs
    Foot Long - 5pp
    Chilli dog - 9pp
    Cheese Dog - 10pp
    Chilli Cheese Dog - 11pp
    Bacon Big Boy - 11pp

Nachos
    Nachos - 8pp
    Add Chili - 5pp
    Add Marinated Chicken - 4pp
    Add Guacamole - 4pp

Chilli
    Chilli Con Carne - 7pp
    Tortilla Chips - 4pp
    Grated Cheese - 4pp
    Blue Cheese Dressing - 11pp

Fish
    Fillet of Fish - 7pp
    Tartar Sauce - 3pp
    Bun - 3pp

Chicken
    Chicken Fillet - 4pp
    ER Secret Sauce - 7pp

Hamburger - 9pp
    Bacon - 1pp
    Caremlized Onion -1pp

Cheese & Sauce
    Cheddar - 4pp
    Swiss - 4pp
    Blue - 5pp
    Smoked - 5pp
    Melted Swiss - 5pp
    ER House Dressing - 7pp
    Bicks Relish - 1pp
    Pesto - 3pp

Veggie Burger - 6pp

Buffalo Wings - 6pp
    Wings Sauce - 2pp
    Tenders - 8pp
    Garlic Mayo - 7pp
    Cajun Dip - 3pp

Caesar Salad - 7pp
    Add chicken - 4pp
    Add Bacon - 1pp
    Add Tenders - 8pp
    Add Mushrooms - 1pp

Regular Fries - 14pp
    Add Chilli - 5pp
    Add Cheese - 4pp
    Add Garlic - 7pp
    Add Bacon - 1pp
    Bowl of mash - 2pp
    1/2 fries 1/2 onion rings - 18pp
    onion rings with garlic mayo - 12pp
    garlic mushrooms with mayo - 14pp

Fudge Brownie - 9pp
    Knickerbocker Glory - 12pp
    Ice Cream 100g - 14pp
    Cream 60g - 9pp

Floats All - 11pp
    Diet Float - 7pp
    Malt Shake - 28pp
    Oreo Shake - 24pp
    Milk Shake - 27pp

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

amira wrote: »
    re chow mein..

it's supposed to be 9pp as per the book guidelines, but how big/small of a portion that is??

I know chowmein should be a bit less that other dishes, just coz in one tray you get ur meat/veg and the noodles, whereas other dishes you get ur tray with meat/veg & sauce and another tray with rice or noodles, so defo the amount you get in a chow mein should be smaller,, still, i don't believe that a normal tray of chow mein from my take away will be only 9pp.. maybe that'd be for half of it??

On another note, my dog catched the little pocket guide, the one that contains the propoints for all foods, and it savaged it!!! Do you think my leader will give me another one? not sure as this comes with the welcome pack with the folder and all that.. i just need the pocket guide back.. lost without it!!
    our leader told us not to lose it or it would cost the joining fee for another one!! why don't u get someone to photo copy it 4 u?

Hi Guys, our leader gave us this list for Eddie Rockets. please note that for burgers you've to add meat, bun, sauces etc separately. I have the list in excel if anyone wants to pm me their email address :)

Caesar Salad - 7pp
    Add chicken - 4pp

This is my fave at Eddie Rockets, thought it would have been alot more with the sauce, croutons and cheese! Please tell me its not lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

what a night! I kept the the spirits last night :) good for points/dieting......not so good for the head!

LOL not too worried about what i drank last night.....i think my drunken pole dancing probably burnt it off.....my nice black classy jeans for going out have gotten so Baggy and loose :O They actually made me look bigger :P
    can i get a woop woop! haha!

Going to anne summers party tonight at my cousins house....vodka nights out i can survive and not do too much damage at my weight in....but my cousin is making her famous curry from scratch....i've never tasted it....but i know she uses double cream!

Well here's hoping I stay the same tomorrow morning! I will be THRILLED if i do.

WOOP WOOP!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

Monife wrote: »
    Definitely eat all your dailies, bar maybe 2/3 max some days. I calculated my dailies (35) and its only 1200 calories (duno how accurate it is, I just got something, pointed it and times the calories to fit into the 35). When you are active and of normal weight, for a woman daily calories are 2000. So if you are eating less than your points, like Kay said, i think your body will store the food you eat and therefore hamper your weightloss. Also, eating too little, slows down your metabolism. Try to have healthier meals than WW ready meals, they are ok once in a while but they are processed, even my leader said we should try stay away from them and eat fresh food.

Good luck!
    the points come to about 1200 but then you add the veg and fruit so that brings it up another few hundred points:)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Huzzah!!!!!
    Just had my WI and am delighted am down another 3lbs makin that 17lbs off since Jan 4th
    This week I ate all my weeklies (valentines dinner) and saved about 1pp a day and tracked 100% I didn't fool myself this wk and only did about half the exercise I was normally doing, only walked home from work 1 night, (which I know is an excuse) but the rain put me off was feeling a bit snotty so didn't wanna risk gettin soaked and getting a full blown cold.
    When you have a good loss doesn't it just spur you on to keep doing good

Sorry I'm just delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Hi All,

Finally have this pointed!

2 Chicken breasts 10pp
    120g Pasta 12pp
    100ml alpro soya cream 6pp
    30g light philly 1pp
    garlic 0pp
    plenty of broccoli(!) 0pp

total for 2 servings 29pp

Cook off the chicken pasta and broccoli, then place all three in an oven dish. slightly warm the philly so it blends well with the cream. Mix cream philly and garlic altogether and pour over the chicken mix. if you have the points to spare put a little cheese on top and stick in the oven. 20 mins should do it!

you can also vary the ingredients depending on your mood. Sometimes i make it with 2 salmon fillets (6 pp each so 31pp for the whole dish) or you could use one chicken breast with a couple of smoked bacon medalions.

Enjoy! :D

• Advertisement

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Thanks for that finglas :) love the idea of the zoo for Sunday maybe!

One of my friends who is coming along is german so I'm going to get her to translate! I was in Germany before Xmas & everytime I ordered soup it seemed to be made with cream or with a huge dollop on the top I'm lactose intolerant so don't have alot of dairy with the exception of some LF milk & cheese's I know I can eat with no after effects so it drove me bloody mad & that was pre WW so this time it is going to be harder! I'm going to pack low point snacks & stock up on fruit etc for the hotel & hopefully be able to get some more sensible options for dinner! My OH said not to worry but in the back of my head I'm like agghh I do not want to eat crap food WW or otherwise so I'll drive everyone mad when we go out to eat! He's the only one that knows I'm on WW so it'll be fun!! :)

Hi Kay,

I'm lactose intolerant too, do you mind me asking if you've found any yogurts or anything that you can eat hassle free? its one thing I really wish I could have as an occasional snack.
    I'm like that too in that some lower fat dairy products don't seem to cause problems but I tried the ww yogurts a couple of years ago and they had my stomach in bits.
    My leader is always recommending dishes made with fat free yogurt but I'm hesitant to but the whole big tub because in case I can't eat it (I know its only a couple of euro but I really hate to throw food out!) I can handle LF creme fraiche the odd time (if I've plently of aloe vera juice to soothe the stomach !) but i'm delighted to have discovered the Alpro soya and rice dream cooking creams!

Salter scales are fantastic. and there bathroom digital scales are bang on accurate as well! i think when it comes to weighing out foods....you really do need the digital kitchen scales...hell i weight on my 15g of flora light for my toast :P

I second that, I bought that same scales recently and its changed my life!! i weigh EVERYTHING now! :)

CFitz1810 wrote: »
    HI, I've been doing the programme since 3rd Jan and am only down 4.5 lbs. I know I'm down but am disappointed it's not more, any suggestions on how to improve? I track and keep within my points.... Any suggestions would help, thanks to you all, I read the thread every day and it keeps me motivated

Hi CFitz1810,

I agree with kildareash and kay_80 it does sound like you're eating too little. I also try to break down the points 5-10-15 (I have 30 a day)
    I've only lost 5.5lb since the start of the year too, but I'm going in the right direction, better to be down that much than up by that! I know it can be de motivating when you feel like everyone is moving faster than you but everyones body takes time to adjust to change.

The biggest thing I've learned since joining ww is patience, I used to want to be skinny RIGHT NOW! and I'd do anything to get it but that was all quick fixes that didn't last. Now I realise that learning how to control your eating habits is like a learning process and will take time. But I've commited to it and I know I will get there. Our leader is alway saying you wouldn't expect to go to a spanish class and come out fluent the first night, and learning to control your eating is exactly the same.

Don't put pressure on yourself, god know's there's enough pressures on everyone out there at the moment without adding to it ourselves.
    you'll get there and it will be so worth the wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

anyone have any WW receipes for pancakes? im craving them for some reason!! i think its cos my daughter said the other day that pancake tuesday was coming up and she couldnt wait!!:D so now im craving them :o i know there is some recipe on the ww calendar that i got in january but that has stuff in the middle so wouldnt know what the pp are without the filling :confused:
    oh couldnt go to wi this wk so not sure how i did but will definitely be going next wk so fingers crossed for a loss :)

jackmax wrote: »
    anyone have any WW receipes for pancakes? im craving them for some reason!! i think its cos my daughter said the other day that pancake tuesday was coming up and she couldnt wait!!:D so now im craving them :o i know there is some recipe on the ww calendar that i got in january but that has stuff in the middle so wouldnt know what the pp are without the filling :confused:
    oh couldnt go to wi this wk so not sure how i did but will definitely be going next wk so fingers crossed for a loss :)

Got this one in class last year:

150g self raising flour 15pp
    1 egg 3pp
    1/4tsp vanilla essence
    400ml water
    pinch of salt

it says it makes 8-10 but they would be very small. I made them with my sister and i think we got two each!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Happy saturday everyone, lovely and sunny and bright in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Birdie086 wrote: »
    Happy saturday everyone, lovely and sunny and bright in limerick

Would be a great day for a walk or run but I'm too Hungover!
    Had a work thing last night and realised as I started drinking that I hadn't had dinner. Feel crap this morn :(

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Having a really busy week which I dont think is helping with WW...

Bought a salter scales today as well 21.50 for a DISC one, not much bigger than a CD disc! Much better looking than the WW one.... just after baking a batch of the breakfast muffins, just waiting them to cool down, look good though!

Going out for dinner tonight for other halfs birthday so wanted a light lunch cos Ive already use quite a few of my weekly points. Made stuffed mushrooms and they were lovely & really low points, they make a lovely starter aswell!

Ingredients
    6 large flat mushrooms
    Extra light philadelphia (200g) 6pp
    Ham Cube (Italian Style from Aldi) (100g) 3pp
    6 scallions
    Red Pepper

Preheat oven to 200degrees
    Peel the mushrooms, chop the scallions & pepper into small piece.
    Mix the phili, scallions, pepper and ham in a bowl
    Place mushrooms on a baking tray, divide the mixture evenly between the mushrooms
    Bake for 20-30mins. Grill slightly when done to brown slightly.
    Serve with 0pp salad.

Total 9pp

Leave out the ham for a veggie option and they are only 1pp each!

On the bread issue from earlier on in the week, turns out it was the Handy wholemeal that I had pointed (comes in 1/2 slicepan only). I pointed it again in Tesco and got 3pp for 2slices but it has the same nutritional value per 100gg as the normal wholemeal bread. Turns out the per slice values are based on a slice weighing 13gg but each slice actually weighs 40gg, the same as the normal wholemeal so it should also be 5pp for 2slices. Just shows the importance of weighing the food!

Off to make something nice for OHs birthday!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

woke up late today and i had great intentions of going for a lovely walk with OH and my doggie up the woods after i had brunch but i have completely lost motivation and we ended up spending mots of the day deciding what to eat for dinner mc donalds or eddie rockets... what am i like im so lazy :D!!! but at least i have 32 of my dalies left and all of my 49 weeklies :D wohooo!!

a little tip i use wen making mashed spuds(which i am addicted to) cause if u use 150g at 3pp its very little i find so i mash a turnip with it to bulk it up and its so yummy!!! oh and erin parsley sauce packet is only 2pp per portion(serves 3 portion)... really handy and really yummy:D!!!

oh i also got an erin meal mix chicken supreme which is really nice and only 2pp and its serves 4 people... just add chicken what ever veg u like and rice or pasta also yummy!!!:D

oh also supervalu have an offer on the hawiian dr otker(cant spell sorry) pizza baguettes 7pp per baguette... two boxes for €3 YUMMY:D... im addicted to them and they are really handy wen u not in the mood for cooking:D...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

kildareash wrote: »
    Would be a great day for a walk or run but I'm too Hungover!
    Had a work thing last night and realised as I started drinking that I hadn't had dinner. Feel crap this morn :(

hope you feel better soon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement